Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Oct 29 2012, 04:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arial61 View Post
Yea, I knew that. Still not working.
Go back to the Privacy (cookies sites) list and see if either of thos e are in the list of sites as blocked. If they are highlight and remove them. Even if you add them as allow, if there was already a block on them that would take precedence.
If that isn't it then your firewall maybe blocking Trialpay.com as that is where your transaction takes place through.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 29 2012, 06:58 PM

No they're not blocked. Guess the firewall could be blocking but can't find how or where. Got a response from the developers that they are working on it but to try a new browser in the meantime. I can do that, but whenever I go to download a browser I get a message about how the program I'm installing being dangerous to my computer so I always quit. Thanks for your help Taz. I really appreciate it.
Old Oct 29 2012, 07:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
No they're not blocked. Guess the firewall could be blocking but can't find how or where. Got a response from the developers that they are working on it but to try a new browser in the meantime. I can do that, but whenever I go to download a browser I get a message about how the program I'm installing being dangerous to my computer so I always quit. Thanks for your help Taz. I really appreciate it.
Consider it this way. Any browser you use including IE can be dangerous to your computer. They are warning you because of what you go to on the internet. Pick one and download it anyway. It is only as danerous as the person guiding it. I would recommend either Firefox or Google.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Oct 30 2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old Oct 30 2012, 07:23 AM

Good advice Taz. I've heard Google Chrome is good. I'll try that on my home computer. Thanks for all your help!
Old Oct 30 2012, 05:46 PM

Adding to Taz's advice, if security worries you, use SSL (https) and make sure you download browsers and addons from their home site. Go to the home site then navigate to the download page using the site's own links. There's never total safety when downloading from the internet but you can reduce the scope for problems by avoiding middlemen.

FaceBook: Waikikamukau | Paris | Latifundium | مصر (Misr) | NY, NY (WIP)
MySpace: TeeGee's Farm

Last edited by Tony D; Oct 30 2012 at 06:24 PM. Reason: external links removed
Old Oct 30 2012, 06:17 PM

Thanks for the input Gregh. I did download Google Chrome and that solved the FC issue. Hoping maybe it'll make my farming a little faster now too. Well, a girl can hope!
Old Oct 31 2012, 12:55 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Thanks for the input Gregh. I did download Google Chrome and that solved the FC issue. Hoping maybe it'll make my farming a little faster now too. Well, a girl can hope!
I was also a user of IE for a long time. I finally downloaded Firefox and Google Chrome and one called Komodo Dragon which is based on Google Chrome. I was surprised how much faster those were for FT. Took me a while to get used to the settings for those but now I use IE for just my email and the rest I use Firefox. Glad you got your FC.
Old Oct 31 2012, 07:13 AM

Just goes to show it helps to step out of your comfort zone occasionally.
Old Nov 06 2012, 03:25 PM

Default FarmTown/Slashkey too expensive

I am really fed up of having to pay real monies to buy things. Surely Farm Town/Slashkey can afford to stop this - otherwise, after many years of building up my farms - it's now getting too expensive. AND! new people are going away as they cannot compete. Farm Town/Slashkey You Ought to be Ashamed/Embarrassed!!!

Last edited by Lady Diligent; Nov 06 2012 at 03:26 PM. Reason: miss spelling
Old Nov 06 2012, 03:36 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Diligent View Post
I am really fed up of having to pay real monies to buy things. Surely Farm Town/Slashkey can afford to stop this - otherwise, after many years of building up my farms - it's now getting too expensive. AND! new people are going away as they cannot compete. Farm Town/Slashkey You Ought to be Ashamed/Embarrassed!!!
If they stop getting paid for their job which is us purchasing the FC then they will not be able to pay their bills and feed their families, and FT would stop so that the dev's could go get another job that pays so that they can pay their bills, would you like your job to stop paying you for your work. No one is forcing you to pay real monies to purchase things, you do that of your own free will.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.

Last edited by Tony D; Nov 06 2012 at 05:13 PM.