Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jun 28 2014, 09:20 AM

Default Load First Class Meal in Service Fac

This is the most ridiculous quest ever. Not only do you have to grow and harvest a bunch of crops that take up to a day and half (with irrigation), but you have to produce champagne barrel which takes 40 hours minimum. Then you have to make champagne bottle which takes another 22 hours or more. Then it takes 6 hours to prepare the meal and another 6 hours to load the meal into the airline terminal.

Basically this quest is about 1 week to complete, even getting up in the middle of the night to move to the next step. I started this quest on Tuesday and it will be finished about 2pm today.

This is not sour grapes, but it sure makes it pretty much impossible to get 2 FC for completing 8 quests in one 7 day period. I would like to suggest that someone look at the times on these quests and see if they are reasonable or not. I mean, nobody takes 6 hours just to load a meal into a store.
Old Jun 28 2014, 09:46 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygered View Post
This is the most ridiculous quest ever. Not only do you have to grow and harvest a bunch of crops that take up to a day and half (with irrigation), but you have to produce champagne barrel which takes 40 hours minimum. Then you have to make champagne bottle which takes another 22 hours or more. Then it takes 6 hours to prepare the meal and another 6 hours to load the meal into the airline terminal.

Basically this quest is about 1 week to complete, even getting up in the middle of the night to move to the next step. I started this quest on Tuesday and it will be finished about 2pm today.

This is not sour grapes, but it sure makes it pretty much impossible to get 2 FC for completing 8 quests in one 7 day period. I would like to suggest that someone look at the times on these quests and see if they are reasonable or not. I mean, nobody takes 6 hours just to load a meal into a store.
What I would have done if I had gotten that quest, I would have planned that quest to go on next weeks quests. If a quest was over 7 days before expiring I would hold it if possible to the next week that is how I usually had 3 or more quests that I was holding til the next week and every week I received my 2 FC, there was a couple of times that I had to go an extra day to collect, then again I usually didn't complete a quest until 1 or 2 days after collecting my FC this way if I needed to go an extra day to collect no quests dropped off.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Jun 29 2014, 11:36 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I Do Wish That More then 1 quest could be unlocked in a day. Got 2 that will be done today and gotta wait til tommorrow for another one.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jul 03 2014, 05:40 AM

I have a bit of a gripe about quests, particularly since the FC rewards came in. Firstly I must say that I am prepared to spend real money on the game within reason, but I don't like being coerced into buying FC factories that I really don't want. OK, so this week I have a quest to make a pinata. This requires a confectionery factory (I don't have it), plus the party supplies factory and the party shop (I don't have either of these two either). That's 3 FC factories for one quest - really??? I pulled a lifeline - it's for gifting, so no use. OK today I pull another one and it needs the Latin American restaurant - I don't have that either....
Now I have quite a few FC factories, if I want one I will get it, no problem, but I'd like to buy the ones I've chosen.
Maybe the devs could make some changes to the way this works, I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere on here that quests would be geared to the factories already owned.
Also, could we please delete the ones we can't complete, they clutter up everything.
I would love to hear anyone else's views/experiences.
Old Jul 03 2014, 08:56 AM

Hi, they are all random, and they never said that the Quests would be geared towards your facilities, I am sorry you had this bad luck on that one Quest. I do also think that we should be able to delete the ones we can't complete for whatever reasons. Happy Farming
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie48uk View Post
I have a bit of a gripe about quests, particularly since the FC rewards came in. Firstly I must say that I am prepared to spend real money on the game within reason, but I don't like being coerced into buying FC factories that I really don't want. OK, so this week I have a quest to make a pinata. This requires a confectionery factory (I don't have it), plus the party supplies factory and the party shop (I don't have either of these two either). That's 3 FC factories for one quest - really??? I pulled a lifeline - it's for gifting, so no use. OK today I pull another one and it needs the Latin American restaurant - I don't have that either....
Now I have quite a few FC factories, if I want one I will get it, no problem, but I'd like to buy the ones I've chosen.
Maybe the devs could make some changes to the way this works, I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere on here that quests would be geared to the factories already owned.
Also, could we please delete the ones we can't complete, they clutter up everything.
Old Jul 03 2014, 10:16 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygered View Post

do you ever use the lifelines? there are 3 of them and all of very usefull in most quests. if you get the employee lifeline you can ask a neighbor if they have a particular crop you need that you can harvest for them. if you get the trade lifeline you can ask a neighbor to sell you the minimum amount of what particular crops you need. and lastly if you get the gift life line you can find a product that uses the item you need for your quest and post on your wall asking people to send it to you.

Now that at least takes care of the crops and a few other things. I do understand that some quests do take longer than others but using these suggestions definitely speed the quests up.

Visit 's Farm

Old Jul 03 2014, 11:06 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie48uk View Post
You have not read on here that quests would ever be geared to the facilities you own unless you read it in the suggestions. The quests and the lifelines are and have always been totally random. The quests are all taken from all the possibilities of production chains and you just happen to get a couple long ones that require a number of facilities.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 14 2014, 08:00 PM
Account Not Linked

I used to like the way the quests were set up, now there is a quest icon that covers up the bonus, so employees can no longer collect the bonus. Is there anyway to get the quest off...I don't do them anyway and really don't need it.
Old Jul 14 2014, 08:03 PM

Level:
XP:

I AGREE, THE QUEST ARE A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME FOR ME AND I HAVE ZERO INTEREST IN THEM.

Visit 's Farm

Old Jul 14 2014, 08:25 PM

Yesh, I just ran into that... if you look to the right of the grey QUEST icon, you'll see the number of coins... just click on that and you'll still get the bonus.

It will get fixed I'm sure, but in the meantime there is a workaround.