Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 09 2013, 03:24 PM
Account Not Linked

6. Main Neighbour Bar Improvement:
d) The XP format was changed to better accommodate users with very large XP values, ex: 1,234 M means 1234 Millions.

What about people with over a billion xp's .. I have noticed that some of my neighbors who have more than a billion xp's, also shows a M at the end of their xp values.
Old Dec 09 2013, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandivanderavoird View Post
6. Main Neighbour Bar Improvement:
d) The XP format was changed to better accommodate users with very large XP values, ex: 1,234 M means 1234 Millions.

What about people with over a billion xp's .. I have noticed that some of my neighbors who have more than a billion xp's, also shows a M at the end of their xp values.
Hi, saying 1,234 Million is over 1 Billion

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Dec 09 2013, 06:00 PM
Account Not Linked

Question I am confused ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
Hi, saying 1,234 Million is over 1 Billion

2,404,281,339 is more than 2 billion or am I crazy?
Old Dec 09 2013, 06:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandivanderavoird View Post
2,404,281,339 is more than 2 billion or am I crazy?
So you should see 2,404 M.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 09 2013, 11:32 PM
psycho_mommi
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by onamission View Post
Dear Slashkey

I am to the point of greatly questioning your integrity after this last burst of player furore over the fixing of the train glitch.

Why did you leave it so long to fix it? Seems to me it was after milking players for faster and faster engines and now you're expecting people to buy the needed carriages so they can get back to one-click work in neigh's facs. And yes, I know the argument that nobody forced people to buy those extra engines to exploit the glitch, but at the same time, you knew about the glitch Slashkey and exploited the players, it went both ways I reckon.

When you introduced factories you took the game in a new direction and have strengthened that model to this day. Your train decision has shot big holes in it now with all the players who have lost the ability to do one-click work and will need to buy up to around 6 or 7 FC carriages to regain that ability.

Next - why did you say that we may be rewarded for our quest playing a long time ago, left the message in place, and done nothing about those rewards? (and please, I'm fully aware of the word "may" and what it means, I'm talking about integrity here)

Next - why would you say in a new release that next month you intended to change the price of every FC item in the shop to coin and then back out of it with a piddly appeasement of making the topiaries coin? Could it possibly be that topiaries were the least bought so you were going to lose the least amount in FC revenue?

I'm at the stage where I will not believe what you say about anything that is coming. I will believe it when it happens and not before. And because I now have this mindset which I have formed out of experience of your track record, it will never be far from my mind that I basically don't trust you.

The three listed decisions alone have gotten a lot of players offside, and wouldn't you be depending on player satisfaction and loyalty to a degree in your business model?

Leaves me to wondering now if player loyalty means anything to you at all.

Not a good look Slashkey!
exactly how a lot of players feel, and at 170 for the 5 engines, 4 of which are now useless, why in the world should i spend 35 fc each for 40 more cars to make complete trains? i'll be dead before SK releases that much fc for people to use. TALK ABOUT GREEDY
Old Dec 10 2013, 07:18 AM

I have an idea...put the glitch back in place...they've already spent the FarmCash, you've made your profits from it and they're getting their extra products. Win Win
Old Dec 10 2013, 08:01 AM

When harvesting Chicken Coops in facility Manager, I have started getting a popup box telling how many Hen and Goose Eggs were placed in storage. It has to be closed by clicking on green check mark before I can collect the next coop. I had two that started doing that several releases back, but over the days since the last release it has gone from 2 to 11. This is very annoying and time consuming. (Please don't tell me to clean browser cache, memcache.. and all the normal stuff... I've done that dozens of times since the first messages appeared.) If this is a new improvement being tested, please provide a check box so those of us who don't want them can turn them off (or so people who want them can turn them on). If it is not intentional, does anyone know what is the cause. Also I know about the new harvest all tool. I do half my barns one day, and half the next so I always have products available for quests. The timing and my schedule sometimes result in all being ready at the same time, so I prefer not to use the tool.
Old Dec 10 2013, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onamission View Post
Dear Slashkey

I am to the point of greatly questioning your integrity after this last burst of player furore over the fixing of the train glitch.

Why did you leave it so long to fix it? Seems to me it was after milking players for faster and faster engines and now you're expecting people to buy the needed carriages so they can get back to one-click work in neigh's facs. And yes, I know the argument that nobody forced people to buy those extra engines to exploit the glitch, but at the same time, you knew about the glitch Slashkey and exploited the players, it went both ways I reckon.

Next - why would you say in a new release that next month you intended to change the price of every FC item in the shop to coin and then back out of it with a piddly appeasement of making the topiaries coin? Could it possibly be that topiaries were the least bought so you were going to lose the least amount in FC revenue?
I'm only going to address two of your statements from your post. The trains....why did you spend so much money on buying something that was a "glitch" when in the back of your mind you would be thinking...."What if they fix it??" No way I would spend that much money on engines for my train. If you need more supplies for your facs.....don't load them for a few weeks (except the supply ones) and let your supplies build up. That's what I did. And if I see something getting low now I uncheck that item in my fac until the supply builds up again. You get no prize for having more than anyone else.

Which release did they say they "intended to change the price of every FC item in the shop to coin" ?? The only thing I can find is in the May 16 release and it states,"*** In the near future all remaining farm cash decorations (items with no functionality other than decorative) will be converted to coins ***". They never said EVERY.....they said decorations. And you think there is a stink about the trains......what if everybody wanted their money back for everything they bought that was changed to coins??

This is a business....no one is forcing you to spend your money on this game. And it is a game. JMHO

And I want to add a big THANK YOU to the devs of this game. ALL the other games I play on FB have so many glitches it is almost impossible to play. I have stopped them all but this one. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!!!
Old Dec 10 2013, 08:25 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasStar View Post
When harvesting Chicken Coops in facility Manager, I have started getting a popup box telling how many Hen and Goose Eggs were placed in storage. It has to be closed by clicking on green check mark before I can collect the next coop. I had two that started doing that several releases back, but over the days since the last release it has gone from 2 to 11. This is very annoying and time consuming. (Please don't tell me to clean browser cache, memcache.. and all the normal stuff... I've done that dozens of times since the first messages appeared.) If this is a new improvement being tested, please provide a check box so those of us who don't want them can turn them off (or so people who want them can turn them on). If it is not intentional, does anyone know what is the cause. Also I know about the new harvest all tool. I do half my barns one day, and half the next so I always have products available for quests. The timing and my schedule sometimes result in all being ready at the same time, so I prefer not to use the tool.
The pop up you are getting is because of the new harvest all tools. When you use those you get a pop up telling you how much of each item you got.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 10 2013, 09:18 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjyhey3 View Post
I have an idea...put the glitch back in place...they've already spent the FarmCash, you've made your profits from it and they're getting their extra products. Win Win
Due to the glitch they have lost money not made profit from it. The calculations are for those that purchase the trains for working facilities only and would only purchase the 1 coin and 4 FC engines plus two boxcars to make up the 10 boxcars (2 cars X 5 engines) would cost 240 FC instead of purchasing all 10 boxcars for a single coin engine, the FC engine would cost more, but with the coin engine it would cost 350 FC (35 FC X 10 cars), which is a difference of 110 FC that the dev's isn't getting, that doesn't sound like a lot, but if you have just 1,000 people (that is only apx 1% of the people that play Farm Town, so the amount of people that used that glitch could be higher) that makes the FC 110,000 which if purchasing 250 FC at $39.99 (you can purchase 440 bundles) that makes apx $17,596.00 (440 X $39.99). So do you think the company you work for would like to lose $17,596.00? This amount could be higher or lower depending on how many people used this glitch.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Closed Thread