Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Nov 12 2023, 09:30 PM

Default Hire Timeout

I understand that a job hire lasts 8 hours but I was working a farm earlier today and after about 3 hours my hire expired. It happened when I was moving from one farm to the next. I did not think to get the farm id of the farm I was working on at the time.

When this happens is there a way to re-establish that I was hired to work on the person's farms?
Old Nov 12 2023, 09:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntdeb View Post
I understand that a job hire lasts 8 hours but I was working a farm earlier today and after about 3 hours my hire expired. It happened when I was moving from one farm to the next. I did not think to get the farm id of the farm I was working on at the time.

When this happens is there a way to re-establish that I was hired to work on the person's farms?
Hi Huntdeb,
Did the hire expire with a pop up saying so or did you just got bumped off of the farm? The hire expires after 8 hours to keep someone from sitting on the farms waiting for more work to get ready that they were not hired for.
I am sorry but there is no way for you to get the id of the farms.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 12 2023, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Huntdeb,
Did the hire expire with a pop up saying so or did you just got bumped off of the farm? The hire expires after 8 hours to keep someone from sitting on the farms waiting for more work to get ready that they were not hired for.
I am sorry but there is no way for you to get the id of the farms.
No it did not I was just moving from one farm to the next after redeeming the job completion bonus for the farm I was on and all of the farm navigation squares went green and I had no access to any tools anymore. There was no popups at all. I was still on the farm.
Old Nov 13 2023, 12:07 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
No it did not I was just moving from one farm to the next after redeeming the job completion bonus for the farm I was on and all of the farm navigation squares went green and I had no access to any tools anymore. There was no popups at all. I was still on the farm.
Hi Huntdeb,
If that is the case they may have hired more than 1 person and they finished the rest of the farms. Beyond that I am not sure what happened, but I don't have any way for you to get back to the job.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 13 2023, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Huntdeb,
If that is the case they may have hired more than 1 person and they finished the rest of the farms. Beyond that I am not sure what happened, but I don't have any way for you to get back to the job.
There was work on the farms but it was harvesting flowers and they had to be watered first before they could be harvested. There was no one else hired to work the farms. I was solo. I was also disconnected from the server a couple of times while working the farm but reconnected. Could I have been connected to a server in a different timezone than where I am that could have affected the hire timer the last time I had to reconnect?
Old Nov 13 2023, 09:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
There was work on the farms but it was harvesting flowers and they had to be watered first before they could be harvested. There was no one else hired to work the farms. I was solo. I was also disconnected from the server a couple of times while working the farm but reconnected. Could I have been connected to a server in a different timezone than where I am that could have affected the hire timer the last time I had to reconnect?
Hi Huntdeb,
All the servers for the game are locsted in one location and all are run using eastern time, so no that would not be the reason why.

If you wish you can contact Support about this. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
To contact through the website:
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366
Old Nov 26 2023, 07:33 AM

I get this message occasionally when working for a non-neighbor/non-buddy. It says 'This reward has expired." I don't understand WHY. I collect right after I am done working the farm.

Screenshot 2023-11-26 072029.jpg
Old Nov 26 2023, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeraN View Post
I get this message occasionally when working for a non-neighbor/non-buddy. It says 'This reward has expired." I don't understand WHY. I collect right after I am done working the farm.

Attachment 25742
Hi VeraN

Are you getting that message when you click in the bonus chest icon?

If so, extra coins and products are added no matter the message shows up?

OR you do not get anything when you click in the bonus checst icon and the message shows up?

Or you click in other icon/feature that shows up while you are working?
Old Dec 11 2023, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi VeraN

Are you getting that message when you click in the bonus chest icon?

If so, extra coins and products are added no matter the message shows up?

OR you do not get anything when you click in the bonus checst icon and the message shows up?

Or you click in other icon/feature that shows up while you are working?
Sorry for my late reply. It happens when I click on the chest when I'm done with a farm. It just happened again. Just one one of the 44 farms I worked.
Old Dec 11 2023, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeraN View Post
Sorry for my late reply. It happens when I click on the chest when I'm done with a farm. It just happened again. Just one one of the 44 farms I worked.

Hi VeraN

I can see in your data that you were working for a farmer and you got the bonus chest.

Are you loading the game from a saved link in your computer? If you do, then please logout and then login using this link:
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/login

Then please clear your memcache, link below. A new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farms in all tabs you have it open. Then reopen your farms.
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

After that, go to market and see if you get the same problem when you are hired.

If the pop up appears again, then please report this to Support. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Please include all details about your problem so you can get help faster. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

Last edited by marymarcel; Dec 11 2023 at 08:45 AM.

Tags
bonus chest, hiring, hiring all farms, hiring issues, no bonus chest, no job bonus, show work info