Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Mar 30 2018, 06:07 PM

Question Blocked Neighbor

I tried to replace a neighbor in my ship's log. I couldn't do it. What was also an alarm for me was his photo did show but what did was that outline of a blank photo.

I suspected an issue so I blocked him on FB. Hoping by doing this he would be gone from my game. He wasn't even though he was gone from my neighbor list he still appeared in the ship log. I refreshed the game and he was still there. How do I get rid of him ?
Old Mar 30 2018, 06:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcgowan View Post
I tried to replace a neighbor in my ship's log. I couldn't do it. What was also an alarm for me was his photo did show but what did was that outline of a blank photo.

I suspected an issue so I blocked him on FB. Hoping by doing this he would be gone from my game. He wasn't even though he was gone from my neighbor list he still appeared in the ship log. I refreshed the game and he was still there. How do I get rid of him ?
Hi imcgowan,
I moved your post to thwe subject thread about blocking.
Blocking them in Facebook does not block them in the game. If you are talking about his port being one of your stops on already dispatched ships you can't change that. The only thing you can do is skip their port when it gets there as long as it isn't the last port.
You can replace him in future logbooks while you are preparing the containers for the ship to be dispatched.
If you want him completely gone from your neighbors you will need to go to his farm, click on the toolbox on the lower left side next to his name and select the top option to remove yourself from his neighbor list. Then remove him from your neighbors in the neighbor bar.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 26 2019, 02:54 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaBear777 View Post
How do I remove people who have blocked me on Facebook from the "My Neighbors" list( the white ones at the bottom that say "Add Neighbor")... I guess they don't want to keep getting my requests, and I didn't know they had blocked me until I went to their wall on FB. Seems like that should be enough to come off the list??
Hi KoalaBear,
As long as you still have them as friends and they play Farm Town then they will be on that list. There is no way for you to remove them except to remove them as freinds on Facebook. Even if you do that it will take a while before Facebook drops them from the list. The information on the My Neighbors tab comes from Facebook.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 26 2019, 03:51 AM

We are not friends. They blocked me. But I still have the Add Neighbor box showing up. I can't remove that.
Old Aug 26 2019, 05:15 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaBear777 View Post
We are not friends. They blocked me. But I still have the Add Neighbor box showing up. I can't remove that.
Hi KoalaBear,

The problem with the ones showing no pic could be for a couple of reasons, either you blocked them, they blocked you, it's a temporary problem or their account has been deleted. If it's deleted they may have done it temporarily or permanently or Facebook may have done it.

It could also be that you blocked them in the game, perhaps by mistake. Click on the Account tab and then click on Blocked Users and see if you have blocked anyone you did not mean to.

If it's not that they are blocked in game, what you can try is running memcache to try to clear them out, however this does not always work and you may need to try running it again the following day and the day after that. If that does not work you will have to wait on Facebook to remove them from the lists. To clear your FT memcache Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and see if any of them have gone.

Last edited by Tiger; Aug 26 2019 at 05:28 AM.
Old Jan 13 2020, 11:53 AM

I would like to block someone from seeing my farm. I cant not do via messages. Is there any other way it can be done. They are not nasty but they are very annoying that 'every' time I log on they hit with requests. Please can you help me
Old Jan 13 2020, 12:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene Jater View Post
I would like to block someone from seeing my farm. I cant not do via messages. Is there any other way it can be done. They are not nasty but they are very annoying that 'every' time I log on they hit with requests. Please can you help me
Hi Irene,
You can block them from the in game messages or by clicking on their avatar.
You can either ignore or report a player from their message. In this case you would need to ignore them as they have not done anything offensive or abusive. You can find the symbols for both of those at the bottom of the message.
You will not be able to block them from seeing your farms, but you will not see them there nor can they send you any in game messages or requests.

Tags
block, ignore, report, unblock, unwanted messages