Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Apr 30 2024, 07:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjyhey3 View Post
I've unchecked the 'Seasonal Gifts' checkbox' so as not to see the seasonal gifts but they won't disappear even though the box remains unchecked. I have restarted the game but have not memcached because I havent' found a way to do that since we went on-line. How do I keep from always seeing them. Thanks
Hi bjyhey,
The link for clearing from Slashkey:
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached
I would suggest you bookmark it after you run it the first time.
You need to uncheck the box for the Seasonal gifts for them to not show.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Yesterday, 09:29 PM

Recently experiencing an issue with receiving gifts... In the Gifts Manager/Pending Gifts I typically exchange all to something I want a bunch of, then accept them all, but when I look in My Gifts it's empty.. I close the Gifts Manager 'window' and the icon at the bottom of the game has a white on red "1" indicating I have one type with any quantity in my 'my gifts' section, but when I open it back up, still empty, reload the game and still empty and that "1" is then gone... I've witnessed this on other players' accounts, doing the same thing, so, it appears to be a game-wide thing, just happens fairly randomly/not every time.... seems to have started about 1-2 months ago...
Old Yesterday, 09:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbba2358 View Post
Recently experiencing an issue with receiving gifts... In the Gifts Manager/Pending Gifts I typically exchange all to something I want a bunch of, then accept them all, but when I look in My Gifts it's empty.. I close the Gifts Manager 'window' and the icon at the bottom of the game has a white on red "1" indicating I have one type with any quantity in my 'my gifts' section, but when I open it back up, still empty, reload the game and still empty and that "1" is then gone... I've witnessed this on other players' accounts, doing the same thing, so, it appears to be a game-wide thing, just happens fairly randomly/not every time.... seems to have started about 1-2 months ago...
Hi Ncbba,
When you go to other's farms you do not see there gift manager. You are see your own and even though it is greyed out the number you are seeing is your own.
I just checked you data and there is nothing in your gift box so you have a ghost gift in there. Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.

For clearing from Slashkey:
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Yesterday, 09:47 PM

I'm referring to looking over another player's shoulder and seeing the same thing happening to their account, not while visiting their farms. And, obviously there is nothing in there, as I said, I 'accepted them', they were trees that I had exchanged them to, but when I went to 'use them', the "my gifts" tab had nothing in it. Where did they go? Again, this isn't the first time recently that this has happened, and again, not just happening to my account, but others as well, that I have seen myself, not just taking someone's word for it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Ncbba,
When you go to other's farms you do not see there gift manager. You are see your own and even though it is greyed out the number you are seeing is your own.
I just checked you data and there is nothing in your gift box so you have a ghost gift in there. Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
Old Yesterday, 09:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I'm referring to looking over another player's shoulder and seeing the same thing happening to their account, not while visiting their farms. And, obviously there is nothing in there, as I said, I 'accepted them', they were trees that I had exchanged them to, but when I went to 'use them', the "my gifts" tab had nothing in it. Where did they go? Again, this isn't the first time recently that this has happened, and again, not just happening to my account, but others as well, that I have seen myself, not just taking someone's word for it....
Hi Ncbba,
What tree did you exchange them for?
Did you try clearing the memcache to get rid of the number since there is nothing there?
Old Yesterday, 10:00 PM

Mulberry Trees, I was on farm6 at the time, if that makes any difference, and no, didn't run the memcache thing as I never have, just reloaded the page, as that has worked for 15 years. Only mentioned the number thing as it was indicating I had an item in the 'my gifts' 'box', when the item(s) should have been there, but was empty. and that when reloading, the number was gone, which would be appropriate if and since the box of items being empty...
BUT, where did the item (tree) go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Ncbba,
What tree did you exchange them for?
Did you try clearing the memcache to get rid of the number since there is nothing there?
Old Yesterday, 10:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Mulberry Trees, I was on farm6 at the time, if that makes any difference, and no, didn't run the memcache thing as I never have, just reloaded the page, as that has worked for 15 years. Only mentioned the number thing as it was indicating I had an item in the 'my gifts' 'box', when the item(s) should have been there, but was empty. and that when reloading, the number was gone, which would be appropriate if and since the box of items being empty...
BUT, where did the item (tree) go?
Hi Ncbba,
I checked your storage and you only have 6 mulberry trees there, so they didn't go into your storage. I can't tell you where they went. If that number is still there then I highly suggest you clear the memcache as what that does is force the server to reload your account data and cleans up any stray wrong data. I would run that and then exchange for the mulberry tree again but only accept a few of them and see if they get through to the gift box.

I just exchanged 50 gifts for the mulberry trees and got them in my gift box ok. I can't duplicate this. The only thing I can suggest then is for you to contact Support if this continues. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
To contact through the website:
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

Tags
bugs and glitches, flowers, fuel, gifts, gifts issues, help & support