Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 29 2014, 08:00 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally-Kat View Post
Any tips or strategies, to keep a person interested in moving on up??
My only suggestion is to play a lot.

Not looking to move up myself. I've been playing since the beginning and am only on level 272. I guess it's because I have so many years invested in this game that I keep coming back. It would be nice if more conveniences were simply available without having to pay for them. I have no idea why I have to pay FC to press the Store All button while the Cash Out button is free. But whatever. I play when I enjoy playing and don't when I don't. It's just a mindless pastime for when my brain is too tired to read or do something more constructive.
Old Jun 29 2014, 09:49 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Not Wealthy Enough

Posting in the forum is a good start. If you ask for suggestions to maximize your game I'm sure you will get some good advice. I know I have received some great tips over the years.

I would look to see which facilities give the best return - eg the furniture factory is a good one for that.

And ask in the forum for suggestions on which facilities, tools etc to get first.

Get lots of neighbours (80) and work their facilities.

Read the game guide

Happy Farming
Old Jun 30 2014, 06:47 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

For those who are super players, literally play the game more often than anyone else, the kind in which FT will never catch up with the level they should be then I can see the need. If you are the kind of player who has every facility, every tool, every service facility, even all the trains, you want to be able to provide other players with the opportunity to also enjoy in your wealth. It is not fun if we have to stress out over the fact that some products don't get produced enough and frankly, the facilities should output enough to warrant the needs of the other facilities. It doesn't make sense that they don't, so I disagree with you in that respect. If I have paid farm cash to purchase those facilities, which means I probably bought bough fc as well, then I really do expect that I'm going to get the bang out of my buck.

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 30 2014, 05:48 PM
Account Not Linked

I'd like to see Sawmill output increased, too, please.
Old Jun 30 2014, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccheney View Post
There is no need to have every single facility or to make every single product that a facility is capable of producing. If you have 7-8 facilities that require the same ingredient then yes it's going to be hard to keep up with supply and demand.
Until they fix the economy of the game, I disagree with this. When you have to pay $2Billion for a farm, you need to have multiple facilities producing at max capacity. Not to "win" the game, as we have been told over and over again that there is no way to "win".

My concern is that the game has steered away from the basics and is in danger of forgetting them, to the point that it can't attract and retain new players.

There is a balance in Facility Town where you can make a bit more coin, like having one of each of the 7 day "mines" and such on each of your 23 farms, sell half off from time to time. But I can't see where the game can support the few hundreds of regular, active players if they chose to do that.

Just my $.02.
Old Jun 30 2014, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knolan View Post
Having a restroom factory is not gross, unless you don't clean it... It's a game right? We are playing pretend.
At least in the game, someone else is cleaning the restroom.
Old Jul 01 2014, 07:25 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by kondor View Post
Not to "win" the game, as we have been told over and over again that there is no way to "win".
My questions are what you mean by "win" the game? Who are competing against? Who has been telling you over and over again there is no way to "win"?

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Jul 01 2014, 07:27 AM
Account Not Linked

To clean the restrooms go to the janitorial service facility.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Jul 01 2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally-Kat View Post
Goodness, this game does demand a lot of Farm Cash, just to do some of the basics!

How can a newcomer manage to advance, when tools for harvesting, plowing and seeding cannot be bought for coins, beyond the tiny 3x3's?

I would be delighted to have the 5x5 combine harvest-plow-plant, but the prerequisites to that one tool are the 4x4 harvester, 4x4 seeder and 4x4 plow, at 45 FC a piece! And then I have to get the 5x5 of each of those, at 30 FC a piece!! THEN I need to buy the 5x5 combine harvest-plow at 35 FC before I finally get that 5x5 combine harvest-plant, for an additional 45 FC!!

And if I ever wish to chop more than 3x3 trees, we have to do all of that again. Same for shaking trees...and harvesting flowers....and fishing...

Now, someone is going to attack me for saying "have to", so let's do a pre-emptive on that : I know, no one is "making" me buy anything. However, for those who have reached Level 525, and who have 100's of millions of XP's, and who knows how many coins, please tell me : are you all still using the 3x3 tools that coins buy? I have been to the marketplace, looking to work, to make some coins, earn some XP's and level up. It's hard, very hard. Some will not allow me to use their tools or fuel, but they hire me to do these fields that have many times more the crop than my farm the same size could ever plant! And there are farms that are just filled entirely with trees. How does one do these jobs with 3x3 tools...other than incredibly slowly, and with extreme carpal tunnel. It's very discouraging and overwhelming. Any tips or strategies, to keep a person interested in moving on up??
Hi Ally Kat - yes there are a number of ways to move up quickly. There are quite a few Farm Town groups out there. I won't mention any special ones, but many of them provide information, guidance, encouragement, gifts, and chat time for newer players as well as old timers, so that they can move up more quickly. Yes, there are many ways to produce enough to move up without extravagant purchases of FC. Google Farm Town Groups and you will find that most of these groups are very welcoming and willing to share information with newer players. One of the things that has made this game "special" is the interaction between players and these groups provide even more of what this game has to offer. Have fun
Old Jul 01 2014, 03:03 PM

Default Gifts

When are they going to change the gifts? I'm really tired of the fathers day stuff. They are such unworthy gifts to begin with.
Closed Thread

Tags
neighbors, storage capacity