Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jul 01 2014, 05:38 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenserenity View Post
When are they going to change the gifts? I'm really tired of the fathers day stuff. They are such unworthy gifts to begin with.
Only the developers know when they change items in the game.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Jul 01 2014, 05:47 PM

I'm sure. They are slacking though
Old Jul 01 2014, 08:32 PM

I've waited for so long for so many different changes for this game, that I finally learned to streamline everything so that I didn't need the changes. I know where everything is, when it will be ready, how to find posts from neighbors etc.......

So basically, I just expanded 10 farms to 34x34 just to have the option to use the farm stats for all farms available to me. It is fun to play with, but at this point in my waiting game, it's completely unnecessary.

SeaJay

The Gathering
Old Jul 02 2014, 01:27 AM

Well, I like how the farm stats works. With 23 farms, it makes it easy to locate which have crops etc ready, which have crops coming up to be wasted. Saves time searching all farms to find items that are ready. I have 5 more upgrades to get all items displayed at once. This should take me about a month to do. Just another quest. It takes a little planning to plant crops that are needed but using the customization features its quite easy. I usually earn 1B coins a day with neighbors help. It shows you that if work with others you can progress faster.
Old Jul 02 2014, 08:50 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I know it makes you nuts. The only thing I can say is a lot of us only spend what we can afford to at any one time. It does cause a little friction here at home. Just keep plugging away if you enjoy this game
Old Jul 03 2014, 01:27 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default Eye Icon

Not working. Have tried several times to set it up. Done all the cleaning.

Makes things very hard to harvest when it DOES NOT hide the 'non relevant'
items to the tool i am using.

I think this started to happen after the latest facilities came out.

Another bug to Fix ???

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jul 03 2014, 06:13 AM

Default Gifts

Thanks for allowing 12 gifts to be sent again
Old Jul 03 2014, 10:59 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad Shadow View Post
Not working. Have tried several times to set it up. Done all the cleaning.

Makes things very hard to harvest when it DOES NOT hide the 'non relevant'
items to the tool i am using.

I think this started to happen after the latest facilities came out.

Another bug to Fix ???
The eye should be either half closed or all the way closed for it to hide the non-relevant items.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 03 2014, 06:19 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosyou? View Post
you in fact do not need to have 23 farms upgraded to the max.
You only need to upgrade your farms to the max if you want to use a very basic feature that should be available to every player with multiple farms and is not. As you've pointed out, not everyone plays the same way, and the massively expensive land expansions are geared toward those who play a lot and have more money than they can possibly spend. Those of us who play in a way that makes the game enjoyable to us (because as has also pointed out, this is a game you play to enjoy, not to win), we're excluded from this very basic and useful feature because we don't play the way a select number have chosen to play. I upgraded all my farms to the point where I could afford to upgrade. Now it's a matter of deciding whether to spend my hard earned FC on upgrades or much needed tools.

I can see where players who play a lot need a challenge. Your point is valid. But it seems to me your argument is that FT is trying to cater to a smaller and smaller market, and if they are, they're not losing players because they're a better game than their competitors. They're losing because they have no idea how to market a game so more people beyond a select few actually want to play it. Which, I don't agree is the case here.
Old Jul 03 2014, 10:52 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post

I can see where players who play a lot need a challenge. Your point is valid. But it seems to me your argument is that FT is trying to cater to a smaller and smaller market, and if they are, they're not losing players because they're a better game than their competitors. They're losing because they have no idea how to market a game so more people beyond a select few actually want to play it. Which, I don't agree is the case here.
It is not,nor has it ever been a problem with marketing.This is a niche game...you grow crops,load into a factory,and sell.This is not the type of game most people play for a variety of reasons,none of which have anything to do with my main point.The games that attract and retain players in any niche or market have to have a goal.Make the goal to hard,casual gamers leave,make it to easy,the coiners leave.If the coiners leave...the game dies.This game will never reach and retain players who like 6 hours of RPG,or 10 hours of EVE.I am willing to bet that most people who play FT daily do not play other games outside of FB that fit into 4 specific genres that capture about 90% of dedicated gamers.

.Make the game easier,people get bored faster.If everyone could run their facilities maxed out everyday...everyone would have everything that coins could buy,and then what?It is not like you need to use calculus,or quantum mechanics to work around the shortfalls,and still earn tons of coins every week.As I said,add more sawmills,or take a few days to post only sawmills.

Just want to add..not trying to argue...just want to put forth a very valid POV.
Closed Thread

Tags
neighbors, storage capacity