Old Feb 08 2013, 02:14 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_river View Post
they have had general shut down and so many farmers complained about it because they could not play the game. and the game is a beta game and so there will be issues and gliches to deal with. have you ever been around here when people can not get on the their farms. we get a lot of stuff that we the farmers who come here and ask for it we usualy get it.. if you want a general shut down more people will have to ask for one you would have a better chance for them to do one. I hope you get one
[b]Are you saying there was an official, well published in advance shut down to repair the game when as broken as it is now? Can't see how I missed that if was prior to 2012....Now if this was in 2012 it is possible I missed it due to cancer treatments taking their toll and not playing daily. However I've asked around, especially those long time farmer friends of mine who totally quit Farm Town within the past 2 weeks due to it being so broken it's impossible to plant several farms (NO LAYERS) in a timely manner and to a farmer they all said couldn't ever remember a shut down for a few hours to repair.
We all do remember there being a few times since 2009 we haven't been able to get into the game and being told was a Facebook issue but other than those times (no warning lock outs) no one can remember there being a general maintenance lock out for a couple hours./B]

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Feb 08 2013, 02:48 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTreeFarm View Post
GarrettHillBabe, I am so sorry you and your friends are having so much trouble. It must be so frustrating for slashkey to have the game work so poorly for some farmers and work so well for others. My husband is on wf 8 and I am on wf 10 and neither one of us has ever experienced any of the problems that so many post about. I wish I had an answer for you to help. I hate to think of farmtown shutting down because so many have left and taken their money with them. This game has been a life saver for both my husband and I as we fought some pretty nasty health problems and we would truly miss it.
I guess I should hope I connect to either of those servers you folks do as WF 6 server seems to have big problems.
I just would like to see Slash after publishing a date and times to do a general shut down for a full maintenance and thereby locating and repairing all or at least many of the glitches accumulating with each addition to our game.
After talking with a tech friend of mine who happens to play a virtual game himself this type of maintenance is normal practice once games develop to the point Farm Town has. The game he plays does this now 2x a year, uses a banner at log on to warn players of an upcoming down time for general maintenance which may last an hour or two. According to Shawn the gamers appreciate the upkeep as it makes for a more enjoyable game.
My player friends decided they'd waited long enough for Slash to straighten out and the fun come back to the game. Yes they were big spenders. A couple had more than one of each FC facility on farms, no not duplicates on a farm. They just got tired of being frustrated.
Now myself I haven't left yet but won't be spending anymore real money until I can be a farmer again. Been harvesting and storing and not replanting until I can plant a farm using that darn tool I paid real money for to plant as fast as it should. As it stands now was a waste of cash since I choose the seed and click to plant 64 fields and sit and wait to be able to continue, farm is frozen SAVING after each 64! Way too much time as since my treatments my body just can't sit as long as it takes now to do 12 farms. Those same farms I used to breeze through now take hours.
I miss playing FT myself however due to my illness and subsequent treatments taking their toll on my body I just can't sit at the computer waiting and waiting for FT to save every time I do something be it harvest/plow/plant or even using facility manager to load my facilities what was supposed to save us time now takes way too much time to get it to work.
So I'll wait and see, will let my farms sit, will check with other farmers who've had same or similar troubles to see if cleared up. Then will attempt to plant, if still a headache in say a month it'll be goodbye and this old gal will pack it all in and zip my wallet too. I'll join my former farmer friends for lunch out, spend what would've gone into FT for lunch with the girls.

Visit 's Farm

Old Feb 08 2013, 07:40 AM

Level:
XP:

Just to say thanks guys my sheds are working great now xxxx

Visit 's Farm

Old Feb 08 2013, 03:38 PM

Thought we could fertilize all our farms at once?
Old Feb 08 2013, 03:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannieb View Post
Only if you own the green Manure Spreader and only if they need fertilizing.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 08 2013, 03:41 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannieb View Post
Did you purchase the green manure spreader? It takes the green manure spreader which is an upgrade to the orange manure spreader to be able to fertilize all farms at once.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Feb 08 2013, 07:11 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarrettHillBabe View Post
[b]Are you saying there was an official, well published in advance shut down to repair the game when as broken as it is now? Can't see how I missed that if was prior to 2012....Now if this was in 2012 it is possible I missed it due to cancer treatments taking their toll and not playing daily. However I've asked around, especially those long time farmer friends of mine who totally quit Farm Town within the past 2 weeks due to it being so broken it's impossible to plant several farms (NO LAYERS) in a timely manner and to a farmer they all said couldn't ever remember a shut down for a few hours to repair.
We all do remember there being a few times since 2009 we haven't been able to get into the game and being told was a Facebook issue but other than those times (no warning lock outs) no one can remember there being a general maintenance lock out for a couple hours./B]

I recall a few official shut downs, but not recently. It would have been back in late 2009 - 2011. FT was shut down for a few hours for "maintenance". They gave an estimation of the restarting time, once I recall they restarted when they said they would, another time they ran late.

The notification appeared above the farm. It was the same style as for all official announcements that we get occasionally.

The reason why u may not have heard of it is cos the shut downs start at midnight US Eastern Standard time. But I'm in Australia, so those shut downs occur in our early afternoon. I know I'm not mistaken about this cos the first time it happened I had to go to a world time site to translate what time of day it was going to affect me. So, on thinking about it, they did give us notice but don't recall how many hours it was.

Also, I was unable to be online from November 2011 to mid 2012 so I can't speak for that period of time.
Old Feb 08 2013, 11:22 PM

Level:
XP:

got my fingers and toes crossed, and praying for this thread to close soon.....but I won't hold my breath!!! rofl

Visit 's Farm

Old Feb 08 2013, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
got my fingers and toes crossed, and praying for this thread to close soon.....but I won't hold my breath!!! rofl
Next weekend, cobs.

Only the devs know for sure.

FaceBook: Waikikamukau | Paris | Latifundium | مصر (Misr) | NY, NY (WIP)
MySpace: TeeGee's Farm
Old Feb 09 2013, 02:35 AM
psycho_mommi
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
me too... think if we promise FC to someone it would get shut?? LOLLL
Closed Thread