Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Oct 31 2014, 11:37 PM

The Forum , is very excited to announce the opening of our *NEW DESIGN FORUM**. We felt that many members, were a little disadvantaged within the Farm Competitions, as they did not have the knowledge to create some of the illusions that appear on so many farms. We also felt that many members would love to make their farms more attractive, but did not have access to the knowledge and "know how", in order to do this. We therefore decided, that we should try to change this, and make "Design" information, available to everyone! After much consideration and a little hard work, we have created a New Design Forum, where you can go to find step by step instructions, which are explained in the simplest of terms, along with photo's to guide you. We hope that you will take time to visit, and take advantage of this "new world" that we have opened up for you. Above all else , please have fun and enjoy! To visit the New Design Forum,

Old Nov 01 2014, 10:06 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Janet,
There are others posting on this too and it has been reported to the developers to see if they can do anything about this. It seems to only be an issue in Chrome, so if you try another browser it may work ok for now.
For your bonus posts make sure you have pop ups and 3rd party cookies allowed.

The only browser I don't have the same issue on if firefox. I use Spark, Chrome, Maxton and firefox. All have the issue of the farm being at the bottom. I did try adjusting the screen resolution and it did solve the issue but I couldn't see what I needed to see on the farm. Clearly the screen resolution isn't the answer.

this morning I tried to work a factories and it took nearly a minute just to load the farm. Then it sat there and after awhile the message from the farmer to work factories came up. After another while the mayor came up. There were 11 farms to work which normally with a fast internet should take 5 minutes if that. My computer got connection to server time out.

Something is very wrong in FT. I might be able to deal with the farm being at the bottom which is odd that it is happening cause I was having NO problems. I'd been on FB and FT for half a day with no issues. Then later in the afternoon the farm was at the bottom.

I simply have no patience to wait minutes to do anything on farms. Certainly not if it is going to time out. Oh and yes I cleared my history, I cleared my macomedia files and my mem cache. I don't believe it is an issue with any of those.

Factory manager won't load either. First it said 'factory manager could not be retrieved. do you want to try again?' followed immediately by connection to server time out. so unable to work my quests as well.

Hope this issue gets resolved soon.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20

Last edited by mpwhitford; Nov 01 2014 at 10:14 AM.
Old Nov 01 2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boduke66 View Post
too add to what Taz said,if your using Chrome,be sure your zoom level is below 150 %,preferably around 125 % or less,otherwise the game gets pushed to the bottom of the page,and you have to scroll down to find it.
My Zoom is at 100% on Chrome and my farm is at the bottom of the page--I tried 75%, which moved my farm up a LITTLE, but then I could barely read the writing! I also tried IE --same thing--My farm was at the bottom of the page! I have neighbors having same problem so it isn't just me! I am Just getting so frustrated having to move the sidebar down to find my farm, gifts, ETC! (THANKS for your Input! )
Old Nov 01 2014, 10:29 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpwhitford View Post
The only browser I don't have the same issue on if firefox. I use Spark, Chrome, Maxton and firefox. All have the issue of the farm being at the bottom. I did try adjusting the screen resolution and it did solve the issue but I couldn't see what I needed to see on the farm. Clearly the screen resolution isn't the answer.

this morning I tried to work a factories and it took nearly a minute just to load the farm. Then it sat there and after awhile the message from the farmer to work factories came up. After another while the mayor came up. There were 11 farms to work which normally with a fast internet should take 5 minutes if that. My computer got connection to server time out.

Something is very wrong in FT. I might be able to deal with the farm being at the bottom which is odd that it is happening cause I was having NO problems. I'd been on FB and FT for half a day with no issues. Then later in the afternoon the farm was at the bottom.

I simply have no patience to wait minutes to do anything on farms. Certainly not if it is going to time out. Oh and yes I cleared my history, I cleared my macomedia files and my mem cache. I don't believe it is an issue with any of those.

Factory manager won't load either. First it said 'factory manager could not be retrieved. do you want to try again?' followed immediately by connection to server time out. so unable to work my quests as well.

Hope this issue gets resolved soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetBC View Post
My Zoom is at 100% on Chrome and my farm is at the bottom of the page--I tried 75%, which moved my farm up a LITTLE, but then I could barely read the writing! I also tried IE --same thing--My farm was at the bottom of the page! I have neighbors having same problem so it isn't just me! I am Just getting so frustrated having to move the sidebar down to find my farm, gifts, ETC! (THANKS for your Input! )
Hi Janet amd mpwhitford,
I am sorry you are having this problem. Farm Town has not changed any display size parameters. Facebook has changed the top banner height and may have changed the width on their right column. This has messed up the page layout causing the game to be shifted down the page. Unfortunately this is going to require adjustments between the browser zoom and your screen resolution. The developers have looked at this and can't duplicate it.
Mpwhitford, for your timeout problems try turning your router/modem off for a few minutes to let it clear and corrupt data, then restart it and see if that helps.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 01 2014, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Hi Janet amd mpwhitford,
I am sorry you are having this problem. Farm Town has not changed any display size parameters. Facebook has changed the top banner height and may have changed the width on their right column. This has messed up the page layout causing the game to be shifted down the page. Unfortunately this is going to require adjustments between the browser zoom and your screen resolution. The developers have looked at this and can't duplicate it.
Mpwhitford, for your timeout problems try turning your router/modem off for a few minutes to let it clear and corrupt data, then restart it and see if that helps.
same here looks like fb has messed with the sides if you stretch your browser sideways a little it brings the farm back to the top you need it stretched till the side banner shows

Visit My Farm
Old Nov 01 2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TartanLady View Post
same here looks like fb has messed with the sides if you stretch your browser sideways a little it brings the farm back to the top you need it stretched till the side banner shows
I guess I am a Complete "DUMMY"??? How do I stretch my browser sideways to bring my Farm back to the top? PLEASE!!!!
Old Nov 01 2014, 11:05 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by TartanLady View Post
this problem would be FB then.

they use <tables> to display stuff and the way that works is

<column>farm town</column>
<column>right hand stuff</column>

since FB keeps fighting with us to make us watch their ads, they define the RHS column so that it must be X pixels wide for their ads. when you make your browser narrower, FB makes the RHS column wider which makes the FT column too narrow to show and so it gets pushed way down under anything that might show in the RHS column.

if you want to get rid of the ads, there's some ad blockers and 3rd party addons for firefox. idk about any other browsers as this is the only one i use.

OR

try making your browser wide but not in full screen (the middle icon on the right of the title bar would be 1 box and not 2 overlapped). then you could drag the browser so the RHS is off the screen. lol
Old Nov 01 2014, 11:32 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Hi Janet amd mpwhitford,
ok I turned my modem/router off. let it recycle through. came back to FT. Tried to work a factory at 9"27. At 9:30 the mayor had gotten through 1 of 5 farms. Then I got conncection to server time out.

I can probably deal with the size issue but if you can get on and not play then not sure what the point is.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Nov 01 2014, 11:37 AM

My diversification rank seems to be 'stuck'... my 'high' should be a thousand higher than it is showing... what can/should I do?
Old Nov 01 2014, 11:38 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpwhitford View Post
ok I turned my modem/router off. let it recycle through. came back to FT. Tried to work a factory at 9"27. At 9:30 the mayor had gotten through 1 of 5 farms. Then I got conncection to server time out.

I can probably deal with the size issue but if you can get on and not play then not sure what the point is.
Hi mpwhitford,
Try all the suggested fixes in the first post of the following thread and see if those help:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602774
If they dion't then please post a reply in that thread.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Closed Thread