Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Sep 12 2014, 11:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_of_oz View Post
I find it distressing , when you reach quest number 7 and the first quest you completed expires before 8 can be done. Surely, if a quest is complete the expiry date no longer applies ? This is particularly harsh when you have been slowed down by quests which you have no facility to complete !
Hi Joy,
The expiration date time you see in the quest is no longer valid once you complete the last step of the quest. At that point a quest is good for 7 days exactly for the collection of farm cash.
The way the rules were set down from the beginning is to complete at least 3 quests in 7 days to collect 1 farm cash or complete at least 8 quests in that 7 days to collect 2 farm cash.
If it was not this way then you could collect 2 farm cash every time you completed 8 quests regardless of how long it took you to complete them.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 13 2014, 07:27 AM

I persoanlly have been enjoying the Quest. Yes, I had to lose a FC or two to learn the rules, but isn't that like most things in life.

I would like to understand one thing though, When the blue light comes on that you can collect your FarmCash for completing the number of Quest, how many hours is that available. I have gone from Quest collections on Thursdays and now Quest collections are on Saturdays.
Old Sep 13 2014, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbread rob ertson View Post
I persoanlly have been enjoying the Quest. Yes, I had to lose a FC or two to learn the rules, but isn't that like most things in life.

I would like to understand one thing though, When the blue light comes on that you can collect your FarmCash for completing the number of Quest, how many hours is that available. I have gone from Quest collections on Thursdays and now Quest collections are on Saturdays.
Hi gingerbread rob ertson!

When the Farm cash button turns blue allowing you to collect them, it will stay blue until you collect farm cash. But depending on the time the first quest was completed, if you wait for collecting, that first quest could dropp of the chart.
So lets say you collected cash on September 6th at 09:00, after that you completed your first quest for the next week at 11:00 that day, the button will turn blue on September 13th at 09:00. At that time you have 7 completed quests and you have the 8th quest in progress, which will be completed at 10:00 then you can wait to complete it and collect 2fc. but if that quest will be completed at 12:00 then although you have completed 8 quests, when you click in the blue button you will only get 1 farmcash because your first quest will dropp of the chart because for that quest the 7 days have just passed.
Old Sep 13 2014, 05:00 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbread rob ertson View Post

I also have a question kinda in the same vein. Does the new game week get reset and start the second after we collect the FC, or the second when we start the next quest? thx.

Server WF37, W10, Chrome.

Need help timing quests/crops/trees/dinner? Google 'Farm Report Alarm', it rocks the game!
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 13 2014, 05:08 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnana View Post
I also have a question kinda in the same vein. Does the new game week get reset and start the second after we collect the FC, or the second when we start the next quest? thx.
Hello dnana,

The 7 days resets the second you collect your FC. That is when all of the information is reset and your quests are reset back to zero.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Sep 13 2014, 05:10 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
Hello dnana,

The 7 days resets the second you collect your FC. That is when all of the information is reset and your quests are reset back to zero.
Thanks, KR!! I really wasn't up to plowing thru that whole QUEST thread to find the answer, appreciate it!

Server WF37, W10, Chrome.

Need help timing quests/crops/trees/dinner? Google 'Farm Report Alarm', it rocks the game!
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 13 2014, 05:14 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnana View Post
Thanks, KR!! I really wasn't up to plowing thru that whole QUEST thread to find the answer, appreciate it!
Hello dnana,

Your welcome, glad to help.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Sep 14 2014, 07:31 AM

I just came to grumble because I'm having a run of bad luck. First I got two long complicated quests in a row (which I usually like) where I didn't have the means to complete a step and (of course) got the wrong lifeline, meaning days of waiting for it to fall off before I could try for another one. Then I got 3 quests in a row where the last step required a facility I didn't own. :cry: My FC collection time will still be on Sunday, but it definitely moved a few hours because it's taking so long to eke out a third quest in the 7 day limit.

Oh, and I'm just curious...mods, don't y'all get tired of answering the same question over and over again? Where's my 2 FC? This morning I had 8 quests but the button was black. Now it's blue but there are only 7 (or 6 or 5) quests showing.......... I don't want the devs to make it easy, 'cause "quest" but they might want to consider clarifying the instructions before the mods develop carpal tunnel (or just run screaming into the night.)

Farming since May 19, 2009
Old Sep 14 2014, 07:40 PM

Right now I am very disappointed and ticked. I earned 1 FC last Sunday evening. I had other quests working, but held off on the final step until I earned the 1 FC so I did't lose them.Some were quick, so I got them completed later that evening. I have had 8 quests completed for a couple of days, just waiting until tonight. I tried to cash it in before I went to Sunday evening worship and it was too early, so it wouldn't let me. I got home, ate, got on the computer and go to collect it immediately, only to find that I only have 6 showing. This stinks and it is very discouraging. I wish I knew the exact time quests were completed and the exact time I can collect my FC. I have worked so hard this week, only to feel gypped. I have 2 started, but know I won't be able to get them done before I lose one I've already done. Yesterday's is quite complicated, starting with about 5 items from the mines and they take a long time to be ready to use. GRRRRRR!!!
Old Sep 14 2014, 08:59 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschar View Post
Right now I am very disappointed and ticked. I earned 1 FC last Sunday evening. I had other quests working, but held off on the final step until I earned the 1 FC so I did't lose them.Some were quick, so I got them completed later that evening. I have had 8 quests completed for a couple of days, just waiting until tonight. I tried to cash it in before I went to Sunday evening worship and it was too early, so it wouldn't let me. I got home, ate, got on the computer and go to collect it immediately, only to find that I only have 6 showing. This stinks and it is very discouraging. I wish I knew the exact time quests were completed and the exact time I can collect my FC. I have worked so hard this week, only to feel gypped. I have 2 started, but know I won't be able to get them done before I lose one I've already done. Yesterday's is quite complicated, starting with about 5 items from the mines and they take a long time to be ready to use. GRRRRRR!!!
A pen and paper works