Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 31 2013, 08:06 AM
Account Not Linked

I guess my real question is; Why would a game as big and popular like FarmTown still be a BETA game. Why not go to a full retail game that can be purchased in a store. Maybe, JUST MAYBE it is owned or run by a non-profit organization that controls the game. Any thoughts?
Old Jan 31 2013, 10:54 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknine View Post
I guess my real question is; Why would a game as big and popular like FarmTown still be a BETA game. Why not go to a full retail game that can be purchased in a store. Maybe, JUST MAYBE it is owned or run by a non-profit organization that controls the game. Any thoughts?
My thoughts on it is that it is still in beta cause it is still growing and has bugs that needs to be fixed before it can become a retail store game. Once they are done upgrading the program then they can make sure all of the bugs are corrected.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Jan 31 2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknine View Post
My thinking is if it was purchased in a store how would we have neighbors and work on each others farms. Just my thinking
Old Jan 31 2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimpat View Post
My thinking is if it was purchased in a store how would we have neighbors and work on each others farms. Just my thinking
we could... just like the many other interactive games from combat to city building... buy the game for upwards of $100, and play on line with or against others. And once you have bought it, the requirement to get enhanced stuff might only be time/effort/success at doing other things.
Old Jan 31 2013, 08:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Thanks Raul:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul
Post Release Updates - Jan 31st, 9:00PM EST:

- Sorting by Done and Utilization in Facility Manager still had some bugs with the animal buildings, this should be fixed now.

- Top counters like Pending and Done in Facility Manager were sometimes incorrect due to the animal buildings, this should be fixed now.

- Time to harvest for animal buildings in Facility Manager now should show exactly the same number as the Animal Building in the farm, ex: 19.9 hours.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 31 2013, 10:28 PM

sweet

Thanks Raul... now, if we could just get more players to visit the forum more often.

oh well
Old Feb 01 2013, 02:28 AM

Post Release Updates - Jan 31st, 9:00PM EST:

- Sorting by Done and Utilization in Facility Manager still had some bugs with the animal buildings, this should be fixed now.

- Top counters like Pending and Done in Facility Manager were sometimes incorrect due to the animal buildings, this should be fixed now.

- Time to harvest for animal buildings in Facility Manager now should show exactly the same number as the Animal Building in the farm, ex: 19.9 hours

Sorry Raul but my sorting is still off and my animal sheds timing is wrong. For example the Rabbit hutch just said 5.8 hours to harvest but I harvested it fine. Same with the Chicken coop - it said 5.8 hours but I just harvested it - at roughly the same time I do every morning. I will try the usual housekeeping in a mo and see if it helps.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Feb 01 2013, 04:24 AM

Default Animal Sheds Not Showing!

My animal sheds are not showing in the facility manager at all. They were yesterday, but probably when timing was tweaked, they disappeared. Still on each farm, but ALL of them say ready to harvest when you hover. The 2 day sheds were harvested yesterday, so they really aren't ready, and if you click on it, you get the message No Animals To Harvest.

Please get this glitch fixed quickly!! I really don't care if timing on sheds is fixed, I just want the sheds all back under the facility manager!!
Thanks,
Deborah

OK, I am back 3 minutes later.... I changed several setting in the Facility Manager... used "Facilities in All Farms" as opposed to Active Facilities and all of the animal sheds showed up, and appears to be with correct times. This remains to be determined.
So I am assuming that Animal Sheds are no longer considered "Active" but just a facility?
Anyway, panic time is over, but it sure would be nice when changes are made that YOU let us know what settings are being used.
Thanks,
Deborah

Last edited by Deborah1979; Feb 01 2013 at 04:35 AM. Reason: new info
Old Feb 01 2013, 05:23 AM

The timer in the animal buildings that show in the facility manager is still not working for everythimng except the dairy sheds. Mine show various times from 1.4 hours to 1.2 days before you can harvest, but they are ready and can be harvested. It appears the clock goes so far and then stops. Any ideas.
Old Feb 01 2013, 05:30 AM

Yep, timer on my animal buildings is way off this morning too. As an example it said I still had 4 1/2 hrs left on my dairy and they were more than ready to harvest (last was 12 hrs ago) and so forth with the others too.

Is there any way to harvest more catfish, salmon and tuna? Or will there be further Dan Levels? Or will a new train car bring in fish, too?

But if this is the only complaint I have, it's really nothing - thanks for a fun game in the meantime!
Closed Thread