Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 17 2012, 09:41 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit8 View Post
My train has been out way longer than 7 days! What is wrong? This makes the second time this has happened. Could you maybe put a notice over the train (when you float your cerser over it.) that will tell us when the train is due back?
What does it say when you open it to look at the train status? Does it say To Load: 0 on the cars? Or give a number of days or hours left?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 17 2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Were you able to set it down on your farm? If so then while it is sitting there, save, clear your cache, and restart your farm. Then try putting it into storage.
Been there. Done that. Cleared the FT cache as well as the browser cache and still does not go into storage and disappears when I try to refresh the game. And customer service keeps asking me to clarify how much farm cash needs to be refunded even though I have made it perfectly clear!
Old Sep 17 2012, 11:07 AM

I do have some suggestions for the Trains, (but I will go to the suggestion thread) later. NOW, for General Feedback....
I waited to buy the train until a few more cars came out AND the ability for the Mayor to help with work if you had train cars. (Beyond the 50% he was already doing.) And until I READ all of the pros and cons I could find, and read the chapter in the game guide on trains. Quite frankly, I never thought I would spend this much FC on anything!!
For the first time, I am able to work on neighbors farms that are layered. I use a satellite internet provider, and it is only slightly faster than dial-up. In the past, when I tried to work these neighbors farms, I waited 20 to 30 seconds for each facility to load the points, then go to the next one. Sometimes I was successful, but more often I got the "Connection to Server Timed Out" message. Going from farm to farm took 1 to 2 minutes.
As much as I hated to, I simply put these neighbors on a "Can't Work" list.
It is still extremely slow going from farm to farm, but once I get there, the Mayor does the work!! YEAH!!
Since this is for feedback.... is there is difference between feedback and suggestions?!?!
I wish the cars had been a little less expensive... maybe $20 or $25 per car. I think more people would have purchased them.
I would like to have the ability to check off the products I want to order. I have ample supplies of some of the products, but have to order them anyway. And yes, I know I can sell the excess.
I would like to be able to move the train around the same farm, even when it is dispatched.
And still on feedback, but a question that has been asked..... WHY is the train in REAL TIME??? NOTHING else in Farm Town is REAL TIME!!! LOL I sure thought that 7 days would be 140 hours, to equal 7 Farm Town days! Oh well.
All in all, I am not 100% satisfied with the trains as they are right now, but I am certainly not disappointed!!
Deborah
Old Sep 17 2012, 11:24 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah1979 View Post
I do have some suggestions for the Trains, (but I will go to the suggestion thread) later. NOW, for General Feedback....
I waited to buy the train until a few more cars came out AND the ability for the Mayor to help with work if you had train cars. (Beyond the 50% he was already doing.) And until I READ all of the pros and cons I could find, and read the chapter in the game guide on trains. Quite frankly, I never thought I would spend this much FC on anything!!
For the first time, I am able to work on neighbors farms that are layered. I use a satellite internet provider, and it is only slightly faster than dial-up. In the past, when I tried to work these neighbors farms, I waited 20 to 30 seconds for each facility to load the points, then go to the next one. Sometimes I was successful, but more often I got the "Connection to Server Timed Out" message. Going from farm to farm took 1 to 2 minutes.
As much as I hated to, I simply put these neighbors on a "Can't Work" list.
It is still extremely slow going from farm to farm, but once I get there, the Mayor does the work!! YEAH!!
Since this is for feedback.... is there is difference between feedback and suggestions?!?!
I wish the cars had been a little less expensive... maybe $20 or $25 per car. I think more people would have purchased them.
I would like to have the ability to check off the products I want to order. I have ample supplies of some of the products, but have to order them anyway. And yes, I know I can sell the excess.
I would like to be able to move the train around the same farm, even when it is dispatched.
And still on feedback, but a question that has been asked..... WHY is the train in REAL TIME??? NOTHING else in Farm Town is REAL TIME!!! LOL I sure thought that 7 days would be 140 hours, to equal 7 Farm Town days! Oh well.
All in all, I am not 100% satisfied with the trains as they are right now, but I am certainly not disappointed!!
Deborah
The facilities are also in real time days as you fill them with 7 days of production. You just don't see that because you have neighbors work them to speed them up.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 17 2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
The facilities are also in real time days as you fill them with 7 days of production. You just don't see that because you have neighbors work them to speed them up.
Oh, Taz D LOL
Of course, the facilities are in "real time". Guess I was just thinking about trees, fish, crops, flowers, etc. etc.!
BUT, it would be NICE if trains were on Farm Town time! :

Thanks,
Deborah
Old Sep 17 2012, 12:42 PM

I only have three trains but even that has made a some difference when working my neighbors facilities. I don't know if I will purchase more or not. I have sufficient goods since I only have 2-3 people who work my facilities I seldom run out.

I too think it would be nice if they were on the 20 hour day everything else is. I generally unload and reload on Sat but I was busy a couple weeks ago so now it has been changed to Sunday. With the 20 hour FarmTown day I could have kept my regular Saturday schedule.
Old Sep 17 2012, 05:18 PM

Default Ghost Train

I thought that having the train look like a ghost when it is dispatched was over. For a short time it did not have this appearance. Now it's back. Why?? It looks like hell on farms we have put a lot of work and money into- to make them attractive.
Old Sep 17 2012, 05:32 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmfslots View Post
I thought that having the train look like a ghost when it is dispatched was over. For a short time it did not have this appearance. Now it's back. Why?? It looks like hell on farms we have put a lot of work and money into- to make them attractive.
check your preferences, click on the wrench at the top and see if transparent train is checked or not.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Sep 18 2012, 10:14 AM

Taz, it says "dispached train". That is all it says. No other wording appears. I am half way into the second week now.
Old Sep 18 2012, 10:18 AM

Taz, silly me! I just clicked on "Train Status" low & behold; there were my products-finished! It would be nice if when the products were back it would notify you when you mouse over same as the crops. I wish they would make some changes in this.
Closed Thread

Tags
neighbors, storage capacity