Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Oct 04 2012, 01:38 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANHCTFL View Post
I am pulling a real DUH with the Farm Selector Manager. I am not new to the game & have never had a problem understanding the purpose or advantage of one of the new "tools" provided by the developers..until now. I have facilities & services spread over my first 11 farms. I post my facilities & services work to my neighbors through the facilities manager. I do all of my own harvesting/plowing & planting...my neighbors are not interested in this work as they have enough of their own, and I don't go to the marketplace to hire for various bad experiences in the past. Basically, I do everything myself on my farms. So, is there any advantage for me to use the farm selector manager? I see farmers who post about how excited they are about this...& I'm puzzled about the whiole thing....Any words of advice?? It stinks to get old!
I have NO clue as to what the advantage is, since I, like you, do all my own farming. So sorry, no words of wisdom here, except to ignore the new feature.
Old Oct 04 2012, 01:40 PM

in the building section... A Bothy....

cute little building, but I had to look it up...

A bothy is a basic shelter, usually left unlocked and available for anyone to use free of charge. It was also a term for basic accommodation, usually for gardeners or other workers on an estate. Bothies are to be found in remote, mountainous areas of Scotland, northern England, Ireland, and Wales. They are particularly common in the Scottish Highlands. A bothy was also a semi-legal drinking den in the Isle of Lewis.

Old Oct 04 2012, 01:45 PM

Aye Stoneface, that wid be aboot the size o' it ... a wee bothy, weel kenned as a butt n ben tae .... an' a wee Scottish song tae gang alang wi' it....

Jist a wee doch n dorris, jist a wee yin that's a'
Jist a wee doch n dorris, afore ye gang awa'
There's a wee wifey waitin' at a wee butt n ben
If ye kin say 'It's a braw bricht moonlicht nicht the nicht,
Then ye're a' right - ye ken?

Hehehehe ... Translation on request!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
in the building section... A Bothy....

cute little building, but I had to look it up...

A bothy is a basic shelter, usually left unlocked and available for anyone to use free of charge. It was also a term for basic accommodation, usually for gardeners or other workers on an estate. Bothies are to be found in remote, mountainous areas of Scotland, northern England, Ireland, and Wales. They are particularly common in the Scottish Highlands. A bothy was also a semi-legal drinking den in the Isle of Lewis.

Happy Farming

Take Care and Have fun

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...406&farm_ix=12

Level 385 : Player Since August 3rd 2009

Charlie
Old Oct 04 2012, 02:03 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Mariposa View Post
I have NO clue as to what the advantage is, since I, like you, do all my own farming. So sorry, no words of wisdom here, except to ignore the new feature.
Like my farms I am redoing all of them, I redid farm 16 to replace farm 1 and what was farm 1 I am redoing to replace farm 4, then when I replace farm 4 I will have it to redo to replace another farm and the farm selector will allow me now to replace farms that I have redone.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Oct 04 2012, 02:10 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlies4ng3ls View Post
Aye Stoneface, that wid be aboot the size o' it ... a wee bothy, weel kenned as a butt n ben tae .... an' a wee Scottish song tae gang alang wi' it....

Stoneface I saw it too, and like you didn't know what it was used for. Should have known before the Farming Bug, I read books, a book a day, and many were based in Scotland Loved the Berserkers, may not be spelled right those Big Blue GUYs
Old Oct 04 2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlies4ng3ls View Post

Translation..... hhmmm.... maybe I am not so sure I need to hear it... lol

although the wee wife waiting for a butt in the moonlight sounds interesting, I suppose....

Old Oct 04 2012, 03:21 PM

Awesome :-D
Old Oct 04 2012, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANHCTFL View Post
I am pulling a real DUH with the Farm Selector Manager. I am not new to the game & have never had a problem understanding the purpose or advantage of one of the new "tools" provided by the developers..until now. I have facilities & services spread over my first 11 farms. I post my facilities & services work to my neighbors through the facilities manager. I do all of my own harvesting/plowing & planting...my neighbors are not interested in this work as they have enough of their own, and I don't go to the marketplace to hire for various bad experiences in the past. Basically, I do everything myself on my farms. So, is there any advantage for me to use the farm selector manager? I see farmers who post about how excited they are about this...& I'm puzzled about the whiole thing....Any words of advice?? It stinks to get old!
Maybe find some new 'new starting' or energetic neighbours? That is what I did
Old Oct 04 2012, 08:03 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitt1962 View Post
That couldn't be, cause according to Raul it has been in effect since the facilities began, so Aussie Rae should have been able to do it if it is 8 hours, but the game guide says once a day.
It always has been once a day, the 20 hrs that is their 24 hr... so if you did it today, you have to wait till tomorrow...
Old Oct 04 2012, 08:08 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
for those who might like to build a bridge for their trains....

the new item in the Building Section at the store has a "Town Gate"

heck with the gate.... it is a pretty great looking bridge

LOL StoneFace, on my way to see if I can get the folks to go across the train tracks on Farm 15...guys can't even go to the RED district.. lol
Closed Thread