Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Oct 22 2012, 07:03 PM

how do I go about being able to use my equip on other farm work ??? It had told me to click on the world on the right corner I don't see NO world
Old Oct 22 2012, 07:11 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by udepaddock View Post
how do I go about being able to use my equip on other farm work ??? It had told me to click on the world on the right corner I don't see NO world
You have to have purchased any of the FC tools to be able to use them on another persons farm, if you have the FC tools, you also must have them in your storage and when you get to their farm click on the tool box to open up the extended toolbox which shows all tools and click on the tool that you want. If there is only one tool that you can use it should show up in the tool box grid when you get to their farm. For example if you have the 4x4 harvester and you are hired to harvest then you should see your 4x4 harvester in the tool box at the bottom, just click on it and you can use it.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Oct 22 2012, 07:14 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by udepaddock View Post
No you click on the picture of the 'box of tools' its right above the map
Old Oct 22 2012, 07:55 PM

Here's a thought for you all about hiring. When you hire someone, they are really a partner not a simple employee. You don't pay them, the game does by generating coins and goods out of thin air. If it's a cash crop, they are effectively paying YOU with their time and the extra money you get from the Large Bins. You earn about three times as much as they do for the work they save you. They also bring their own tools and fuel - a true employer would have to provide those.

I can think of many ways that "Fire buttons" and rating systems could (and inevitably would) be abused.

When I hire someone, I hope they will do a good job. If they do I will look out for them next time I'm hiring. If they don't, I hope I never hire them again. When I work for someone, I do the same. There are people out there whose farms I love, and others I hope I will never work for again.

What I would really like to see, and what I think would rapidly improve the hiring experience for all of us, is a button that allows you to "Ignore" unsatisfactory workers after they have left your farm, without having to find them again to click on them, so that you never hire them again.

For the worker, provide a button that allows you to "Ignore" unsatisfactory employers so you never accept another job from them.

FaceBook: Waikikamukau | Paris | Latifundium | مصر (Misr) | NY, NY (WIP)
MySpace: TeeGee's Farm
Old Oct 30 2012, 08:13 AM

I am experiencing a totally different attitude with the new update. I had usually harvested, ploughed etc myself in the past as it was too much hassle to get someone else to do it. However with the increased benefits in the new upgrade I decided to get guys from the market to do it. I am amazed at how many people just push off in the middle of doing whatever they are meant to be doing. I am now specifically looking for people with tools - which seems a bit unfair to the guys who can't afford tools - what does everyone else find?
Old Oct 30 2012, 08:19 AM

I have been hired lately by people with crops so stacked and then flowers and trees layered over so thick that I my computer freezes in the middle of working or I cannot work at all. I usually tell people after finishing a job "thank you for the work", I wish I could tell these people why I did not finish the work. Instead i usually have to cut my internet off and reconnect just to get back into farm town. I have all tools, but this is riduculous.
Old Oct 30 2012, 11:41 AM

Why when you click to hire does no one appear. This seems to be an increasing problem. Or sometime speople appear for a fraction of a second and then disappear.
Old Oct 30 2012, 12:06 PM
Account Not Linked

I agree katupatree, I am so tired of going to a farm and can't even move.
Old Oct 30 2012, 12:43 PM

I know one thing about hiring from the marketplace. I really dont want to do that because most of them will not do the job hired and then I have to worry about them staying on my farm and getting the crops as they are ready the next week or so. I have hired from the marketplace twice since the new updates and have not had a good experience. They want to work but leave things. Then I have to go back through and finish all the things they have left before I can water my crops. Sorry to say but its really not worth the aggravation to hire from the marketplace.
Old Oct 30 2012, 01:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiesholler View Post
I know one thing about hiring from the marketplace. I really dont want to do that because most of them will not do the job hired and then I have to worry about them staying on my farm and getting the crops as they are ready the next week or so. I have hired from the marketplace twice since the new updates and have not had a good experience. They want to work but leave things. Then I have to go back through and finish all the things they have left before I can water my crops. Sorry to say but its really not worth the aggravation to hire from the marketplace.
If they stay on your farm to get crops later, then they cannot be working their own farm. I doubt that they would do that.
Yesterday I hired 2 people for 7 farms (non-layered). One had tools and the other didn't. The one with no tools did one farm harvesting and half the plowing. The one with tools did the other 6 farms and completed both harvesting and plowing. I suspect the one without the tools got tired of clicking and left or got bumped off. Doesn't matter as they did enough to help. Some don't have high speed connections and newer computers so they get bumped. It is something you live with and go hire another one.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.