Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Aug 15 2014, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmtownpatty View Post
Corolann, Google Chrome is integrated with Adobe Flash, it updates, and is the best browser to use for these games. You can upgrade your Chrome or you can set it automatically. Google Chrome is integrated with Adobe Flash!
While google Chrome is integrated with adobe Flash (it called the Pepperversion) Adobe has been playing with the installer as to install the full version (NPAPI codex) or not. you can not run both the pepperversion and ful version at the same time. One should be disabled (blue) This is like running two quarterbacks on a football field with both grabbing the ball.

since she said she did not use chrome, chrome would not be crashing.
The full version is better than the pepper version, and all you need to do is manage the plug ins and check it often as updates come alone. Having both APAPI Pepper version and the Full Version running is the #1 reason Chrome crashes on Flash plugin. Second reason is Ram.
Old Aug 16 2014, 05:39 AM

Cool Kaolin Clay Math

OK, so rather than just fume and complain, I did the math.

Here's the SHORT version:
  • Owning one of each production facility requires 3660 units of Kaolin Clay (KC)
  • The Wall-Hung Toilet alone requires 1800 units of KC per run
  • One Open-Pit Mine produces 672 units of KC every 7 days
  • Without dans and one Open Pit Mine, it therefore takes nearly 6 weeks to produce enough KC for one run

CONCLUSION: Dear Creative, Ingenious Fabulous Developers, I did the math for you. I hope you can see that introduction of the Restroom Supplies Facility, created a serious imbalance in KC supply and demand, one we would all like to see addressed sooner rather than later, please.

Here' the LONG version (for those who want to be sure I did my homework)
If I have only one of every facility that uses KC, I will need the following amounts per facility for a full ('15- day') run: I've listed the facilities in the order they were released as closely as I can remember)

Ceramic 720
Car Parts 120
Spa Supplies 240
Souvenir 60
Restroom Supplies 2160
Dental 360

For a total of 3660 units of KC

Now if one number doesn't jump right out at you, then you're not paying attention! 2160 KC for Restroom Supplies. Looking more closely, it takes 1800 units to do a run of Wall-Hung Toilets! That's almost 50% of the total required. That's the DEMAND side.

Now for the SUPPLY side, one Open Pit Mine produces 672 units of KC in 7 'real world' days -- and you have to wait 7 'real world' days, too. No help from your neighbors, no 'fertilization'. Even with the 6th dan, you still only get about 1150 units per week (although I understand the dans actually work on the demand side, reducing what's taken from our inventory -- but it probably comes out somewhere pretty close)

Bottom Line: One Open Pit Mine will take over 3 weeks (6th dan) to nearly 6 weeks (no belts or dans) to produce enough to supply one full run. And Wall-Hung Toilets eat up half of that production.

The Open Pit Mine's smallest product is Kaolin Clay at 4 units an hour. Top product is Aluminum Ore at 375 units per hour. Interestingly enough, one Metal Mill only uses slightly over half a week's output (not counting dans) from a single Open Pit Mine.

I find it hard to believe the developers can KNOWINGLY claim inputs and outputs are 'balanced' where the Open Pit Mine is concerned. I suspect they simply didn't take into consideration the HUGE monkey wrench introduction of the Restroom Supplies Factory threw in the works.

Either the amount required for the Wall Hung Toilet needs to be reduced or the Open Pit Mine output needs to be substantially increased to at least 20 units and perhaps 50 units per hour. I'd be willing to spend more coins for increased output.

For now, I'm not making Wall-Hung Toilets and hoping my 14 Open Pit Mines will eventually create enough of an inventory that I can start up again.

Farm? Not Here!!
~ Gateway to My Agricultural Empire ~

Farming Since 26 September 2009
Level 1175 & Rising

Am I addicted to Farm Town?
Old Aug 16 2014, 08:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanna J. Lloyd View Post
I find it hard to believe the developers can KNOWINGLY claim inputs and outputs are 'balanced' where the Open Pit Mine is concerned. I suspect they simply didn't take into consideration the HUGE monkey wrench introduction of the Restroom Supplies Factory threw in the works.
Deanna the developers have never made any claim about balanced or unbalanced. Please do not make statements about what the developers have said or not said. If it is not written in the release by Raul or any other member of Slashkey.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 16 2014, 08:51 AM

Default Still Crashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/...r-windows.html

Then reinstall flash using the following link... remember to do this from the browser you intend on using flash on as there are several versions.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
Do these steps through the browser you normally use.
Hi,
I have followed these specific instructions several times. However, FT still sputters, stalls and sometimes crashes locking up my computer. Using Chrome based Comodo Dragon.
Don't know if it's Pepper Flash related as I find nowhere on Dragon to locate Pepper Flash.
Sometimes Flash crashes when I'm just going to someone's farm to work a factory post - I have everything possible hidden.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Good Morning Taz!
Congrats KnightRider!
Old Aug 16 2014, 09:05 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Barbie View Post
Hi,
I have followed these specific instructions several times. However, FT still sputters, stalls and sometimes crashes locking up my computer. Using Chrome based Comodo Dragon.
Don't know if it's Pepper Flash related as I find nowhere on Dragon to locate Pepper Flash.
Sometimes Flash crashes when I'm just going to someone's farm to work a factory post - I have everything possible hidden.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Good Morning Taz!
Congrats KnightRider!
Hi Barbie,
My post you quoted was for non-Chrome help with Flash. Chrome has Flash built in with its install. I don't use Chrome myself, but the best way I know to fix Chrome is to unstall it and reinstall it. That should update the Flash plugin and will also update it in Comodo Dragon as it uses the Chrome base.
If anyone else has better instructions please do post them.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 16 2014, 09:55 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Barbie View Post
Hi,
Congrats KnightRider!
Hello Rugged Barbie,

Thank you.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Aug 16 2014, 09:57 AM

how come when you hit the question mark in the bee hive it does not tell you what the new stuff make
Old Aug 16 2014, 10:39 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_river View Post
how come when you hit the question mark in the bee hive it does not tell you what the new stuff make
Hi Max,
It will only tell you what the new stuff makes if you click on the items made in the bee farm. The only one not used yet is the Royal Jelly.
Old Aug 16 2014, 11:32 AM

ty taz for the help
Old Aug 16 2014, 11:46 AM

Hi everyone,

i have deleted quite a few posts. While we do want feedback on the new release. good or bad, we will not tolorate attacking or arguments between members. Please keep things on track of the new release, and keep things friendly. Thanks

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Closed Thread