Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Apr 19 2016, 10:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda1955 View Post
starting to feel that I am the only one doing this neighborhood chain in my team in the contest as I seem to be the only one adding the score and as a result am dropping down the ladder, JUST wish we could see who our other team members are
Hi Amanda,
You can see who your other team members are. They are your neighbors and the ones who have the facilities needed and are working them are listed in the My Neighborhood Chains tab in the Contest Manager (bright blue die).
There is a Game Guide chapter on the contest that might help you:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621846
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 20 2016, 01:25 AM

thanks for that understand it a lot better now
Old Apr 20 2016, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Amanda,
You can see who your other team members are. They are your neighbors and the ones who have the facilities needed and are working them are listed in the My Neighborhood Chains tab in the Contest Manager (bright blue die).
There is a Game Guide chapter on the contest that might help you:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621846
I am also confused. I have 77 people listed as part of "my" team; but their combined points far exceed the points I have listed in my team score. Also the original explanation is that people who are not as "advanced" as I would be in a different team, however, many of the people listed have 40+ facs, while I have 4. This game is so difficult to understand. I'm just posting my facs as usual and hoping for the best!!
Old Apr 20 2016, 07:48 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorissau View Post
I am also confused. I have 77 people listed as part of "my" team; but their combined points far exceed the points I have listed in my team score. Also the original explanation is that people who are not as "advanced" as I would be in a different team, however, many of the people listed have 40+ facs, while I have 4. This game is so difficult to understand. I'm just posting my facs as usual and hoping for the best!!
Hi dorrrissau,

Your "team" as you like to call it is "your neighbourhood" in the contest. This consists of you and your neighbours and all yours and your neighbours facilities participating in the contest.

Then your neighbourhood competes against 9 other neighbourhoods which have a similar strength to yours.

If one of your neighbours or a neighbourhood you are competing against has more points, this means they are loading/producing products in their contest facilities more often than you and your neighbourhood are and so are getting more points.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Apr 20 2016, 08:58 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi dorrrissau,

Your "team" as you like to call it is "your neighbourhood" in the contest. This consists of you and your neighbours and all yours and your neighbours facilities participating in the contest.

Then your neighbourhood competes against 9 other neighbourhoods which have a similar strength to yours.

If one of your neighbours or a neighbourhood you are competing against has more points, this means they are loading/producing products in their contest facilities more often than you and your neighbourhood are and so are getting more points.
What do you mean by similar strength, I have checked my and two friends contests and the difference between first and last place in the three are 6.5 million, 5.5 million and 2.6 million, surely if the teams were similar then the points would be closer??
Old Apr 20 2016, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpdad View Post
What do you mean by similar strength, I have checked my and two friends contests and the difference between first and last place in the three are 6.5 million, 5.5 million and 2.6 million, surely if the teams were similar then the points would be closer??
Hi Grumpdad,

All i can tell you about this is what Raul posted which was this >>

Quote:
The fact that you may have less advanced neighbours in lower levels or with less facilities doesn't diminish your neighbourhood chances to do well in the contest because we group the competing neighbourhoods based on their strength.

In other words, less advanced neighbourhoods will be competing with other less advanced neighbourhoods. More advanced neighbourhoods will be competing with other more advanced neighbourhoods.
The fact that one neighbourhood has more points than yours just means they are loading/producing more often than your neighbourhood are.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Apr 20 2016, 09:27 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi Grumpdad,

All i can tell you about this is what Raul posted which was this >>

The fact that one neighbourhood has more points than yours just means they are loading/producing more often than your neighbourhood are.
In other words, less advanced neighbourhoods will be competing with other less advanced neighbourhoods. More advanced neighbourhoods will be competing with other more advanced neighbourhoods.

Surely this would mean that the competitors within each neighbourhood would have a much closer points score??
Old Apr 20 2016, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpdad View Post

Surely this would mean that the competitors within each neighbourhood would have a much closer points score??
I don't know what the criteria is for how the neighbourhoods are selected. What i can tell you is it is all about how much you load/produce in those facs. For example a neighbourhood with less facs than you could lead the contest simply because they are doing that much more often than your neighbourhood is.

If one neighbourhood is only loading/producing every day then they will likely be behind another one that is loading/producing many times a day.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Apr 20 2016, 09:37 AM

I consider myself an advanced player and have spent WAY too much money on this game over the years. I enjoy the quests and the coop quests. I totally do not get this neighborhood chain contest. It doesn't make nay sense to me. I was #6 last week and #8 this week and that's with having 300 Farmtown friends, posting my factories daily and being a level 725. I have one of each factory on farm 1 and some duplicate factories on farms 2-13. Are you trying to get everyone to buy multiple factories? With everyone posting their factories so much, you are going to have to add a bazillion levels? I don't get what the point is? It's not fun. It's defeating the purpose. Make the contests simpler and more fun!
Link to My Farm:
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...38056farm_ix=0
Old Apr 20 2016, 10:42 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazinggrace1 View Post
I consider myself an advanced player and have spent WAY too much money on this game over the years. I enjoy the quests and the coop quests. I totally do not get this neighborhood chain contest. It doesn't make nay sense to me. I was #6 last week and #8 this week and that's with having 300 Farmtown friends, posting my factories daily and being a level 725. I have one of each factory on farm 1 and some duplicate factories on farms 2-13. Are you trying to get everyone to buy multiple factories? With everyone posting their factories so much, you are going to have to add a bazillion levels? I don't get what the point is? It's not fun. It's defeating the purpose. Make the contests simpler and more fun!
Hi amazinggrace,
It is not all your Farm Town freinds in your neighborhood. Only those who are actually your neighbors and on your neighbor bar will be included in your neighborhood and only if thye have the facilities.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Closed Thread