Closed Thread

Old May 22 2010, 09:09 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Chapter 20- Fuel

1. What is fuel for?
2. Where do I get fuel?
3. How do I refuel?
4. Can I make fuel?
5. I don't want fuel, how do I get rid of it?
6. I just sent my gifted fuel to storage. Help!

Should you need to get back to this post to look for other information:
Each post has a Table of Contents link bottom right of the post, which when you click, will bring you right back here.

Last edited by Tiger; Jun 14 2019 at 02:21 PM.
Old May 22 2010, 09:30 PM
Account Not Linked

What is fuel used for?

Fuel is used with some of the tools on Farm Town. The tools that require the fuel are:

• Harvester (2x2 or bigger), - 1 per plot/square.
  • Seeder (2x2 or bigger) - 1 per plot/square.
  • Combine Harvest Plow- 1 per plot/square.
  • Combine Harvest Plow Plant - 2 per plot/square (1 for harvesting and 1 for planting)
  • Fishing Boats and Turbo boats - 1 per click, regardless of how many fish caught in that click. 1 per water in the case of the bigger Turbo boats.
  • Log truck (chainsaw) - between 1 and 4 fuel per click (eg 16=1 fuel, 24=2 fuel, 48=3fuel, 64=4fuel).
  • Tree shakers - between 1 and 4 fuel per click.
  • Multiplanters- - between 1 and 8 fuel per click ( eg 4x4 =1 fuel, 8x8 =2 fuel, 12x12 = 5 fuel, 16x16 = 8 fuel)
  • Flower harvesters - between 1 and 4 fuel per click.
  • Semi-trailer truck - 5 fuel per batch (will also cost coins varies depending on what you order).
  • Trains - up to 432 per long car attached to Turbo Freight Locomotive. The slower and cheaper locomotives use slightly less.
  • Ships - Number of containers x 20 x port count in the itinerary. So if you prepared 5 containers, and the Ship has 30 ports in the itinerary, the total fuel required will be 5 x 20 x 30 = 3000
  • Turbo tools for the "Start All" button top left of the facility manager - 1 for each type of different product.
  • Forklift (Store All button top right of the Facility Manager) - 1 for each type of different product made.
  • Armored Truck (Cash Out All button top right of the Facility Manager) - 1 for each type of different product. Note: Manually cashing out service facilities also uses fuel.

Last edited by Tiger; Apr 23 2019 at 06:26 AM.
Old May 22 2010, 09:30 PM
Account Not Linked

Where do I get fuel?

You can get fuel a few ways...
  1. Fuel can be sent to you by friends. When you accept your fuel gifts, it goes into your gift box. To ask for more Fuel gifts from your friends click on "More". To keep your gift box free for more gifts, "Store" the Fuel and it will be sent to your Harvests & Products Storage.
  2. You can get Fuel by working a friends Gas Station facility that has Fuel Tanks loaded in to it.

3. You can now produce your own fuel if you purchase oil pumps and an Oil Refinery. Click on Can I make fuel? for more details.

Last edited by Tiger; Apr 26 2019 at 07:28 AM.
Old May 22 2010, 09:31 PM
Account Not Linked

How do I refuel?

You can refuel by going to the fuel station.

IMPORTANT!!! Make sure you are out of Fuel before you refuel as the Fuel Station will REPLACE the fuel you currently have with the new amount rather than ADD TO IT.

To get to the fuel station, click on the map icon bottom right of your game screen.

Then click on the fuel station.

Finally you will see that you can refuel.

You get fuel based on your game level, how many neighbors you have, how many active neighbors, how many neighbors you tended to that day and how much fuel in the gift box or storage.

You get fuel based on these factors >>

10 Gallons for each level you have accomplished
20 Gallons for each neighbour you have
10 Gallons for each friend you help that day
20 Gallons for each active neighbour in the last 24h
300 Gallons for each fuel tank you receive from your friends or have made and stored from the refinery.

Beneath "Fuel Tanks" you will see two figures in brackets
(xx from gifts) is the amount of fuel you have in your gift box.
(xx from refinery) is the fuel you have stored from your oil refinery PLUS the fuel you have already stored from your gift box on previous occasions.
The total amount of fuel for this section is both those figures x 300
In the above example (34+9959) x 300 = 2997900

Note: If you have more fuel than the counter can display you will see a figure with an M after it. The M represents million. The following example shows 2027M which would be 2,027,000,000. You will see the exact amount after refuelling top left of your game screen.

To Fuel up, click "Refuel NOW".

Last edited by Tiger; Apr 23 2019 at 08:28 AM.
Old May 22 2010, 09:31 PM
Account Not Linked

Can I make fuel?

Yes you can make fuel. You will need 2 things to make it.

First you need an Oil Pump to make Crude Oil. You will find the Oil Pump located the "**Tools**" section of the Store.

Once it is placed on your farm, you click on it, select "Show Facility Details" and click on "Start Batch". To start multiple batches click the blue button that has a + sign on it.

Once production is finished, you need to open the facility again and click on "What's Pending" and "Store" the crude oil. They will then be sent to your Harvests & Products Storage.

Then you need to have an Oil Refinery, which you can find "**Facilities**" section of the Store. you click on it, select "Show Facility Details" and click on "Start Batch". To start multiple batches click the blue button that has a + sign on it.

Once production is finished, you need to open the facility again and click on "What's Pending" and "Store" the Fuel.

Now you have stored your Fuel you can either sell it or keep it for when you need more Fuel. When you are first starting out we recommend you keep it as Fuel is used for many tools and other features of the game.

Last edited by Tiger; Apr 23 2019 at 07:10 AM.
Old May 22 2010, 10:30 PM
Account Not Linked

I don't want fuel, how do I get rid of it?

You can sell it at Market.

1. Click on the MAP icon and then click on the Trade Marketplace to be taken there. You can sell at either marketplace, but the Trade one is better as you are less likely to be disturbed by farmers trying to hire workers.
2. In the pop up choose "I want to sell my harvests or gifts"
3. Then click on "OK Show me your prices"

For gifts in your gift box you need to click on the "Gifts" tab then you will see your what is in your gift box. Click "Sell All" on in the Fuel box to sell it.

For Fuel in storage you need to be in the "Storage" tab, then change the drop down filer to "From Facilites" and the A-Z to "Alphabetically" then scroll down your list to find your Fuel.

Once you have found it, if you hover over the box you will see 4 selling options... "Sell All"...."Half"...."33%"..."10%". Click on the option you want and that will be sold.

For more details on what you can do at either Markerplace and what the icons and avatar colours mean that you see there click on What is the Marketplace for?

Last edited by Tiger; May 30 2019 at 05:21 AM.
Old May 22 2010, 11:20 PM
Account Not Linked

I sent my gifted fuel to storage. Help!

Don't Panic! You can still refuel even if you sent your fuel to storage. Just go to the Fuel Station and then click "Refuel NOW". It will just count your fuel as "refinery" fuel.

To find where it is in your Storage, open the Storage Box, in the "Harvests & Products" section, look top right of the window and make sure the drop down filter is set to either "All" or "From Facilites".

This is the Search Icon, it is top right of the storage window.
Click on the search icon and type in Fuel.

Your Fuel will then come into view.

For more details on how to easily find something in storage click on What are the different sections of the storage?

Last edited by Tiger; Apr 23 2019 at 08:23 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
fuel, make fuel, making fuel, refueling, stored fuel