PDA

View Full Version : Official Top Post Thread Plowing, Seeding Or Harvesting

Pages : [1] 2 3

Rob T
Mar 25 2013, 08:27 PM
This thread is for reporting problems concerning any problems with plowing, planting or harvesting. Please read the following information BEFORE posting in this thread. Thank you!

Check Out The Game Guide:

Chapter 02: Basics (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=641530) The basics about harvesting, plowing and planting is included in this chapter, including how to use the search tool and the eye that appears bottom right of the game screen when using tools after reaching level 10.

Chapter 08: Harvesting (https://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314854) Harvesting, wasted crops, and how to sell harvests at market is included in this chapter.

Some Issues And Solutions:

1. Why won't my plots stay plowed or planted? Try Clicking the Disc Icon before leaving any job to save any pending changes. Also, try clearing your browser's cache and macromedia cache files.

Click HERE (https://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421890) for instructions on clearing your browser's cache.

If they still wont stay plowed or planted, this maybe due to accidental layering. Delete those fields, click the save icon, and refresh the farm. If they come back, repeat the deleting, refreshing, until you have only grass. Then you should be able to plow as normal.

2. How do I get rid of the spaces between my plots? Delete any plots that have spaces on your farm. Go to your preference settings (the wrench icon) and make sure there IS a check mark beside "remove spaces between fields" and then plow.

*If you are having a problem with a specific tool or fuel, please read the top post HERE (https://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=657498)*

This thread is for players to report problems only. Any off topic posts will be removed by a moderator without notice to the user.

RichmondGuy
Jan 10 2021, 07:31 AM
I have been experiencing a rather annoying problem for the last few days when working neighbor farms as SN.
I am on Chat Server: C20, Farm Server: w27

Here is a typical scenario:
I arrive on a field with crops ready to work. I select my yellow harvest-plow-sow tool, select a crop to plant, and begin work. I h/p/s available crops on that field. The Pending Changes to Save button turns red, and shows the number of changes to save. Most times, that number goes down (sometimes it does not, see below), and I then finish any other work on that field (trees, flowers, etc.) and duly work those.

The Pending Changes to Save button is red again with a number in it, which may or may not count down until there are no more changes to save. This is when I know I might have a problem.
If the number of changes to save does not begin to reduce within several seconds, it may just stick there. The only way to recover from this is to leave the game (go back to facebook or click on My Requests), then reload the game, then navigate back to the neighbor's farm, then to the field I was working, and check to see if that work has been saved - and most times I will have to re-work what I had already done a few minutes previously.

Is anybody else having this problem?

Thanks...

marymarcel
Jan 10 2021, 08:48 AM
I have been experiencing a rather annoying problem for the last few days when working neighbor farms as SN.
I am on Chat Server: C20, Farm Server: w27

Here is a typical scenario:
I arrive on a field with crops ready to work. I select my yellow harvest-plow-sow tool, select a crop to plant, and begin work. I h/p/s available crops on that field. The Pending Changes to Save button turns red, and shows the number of changes to save. Most times, that number goes down (sometimes it does not, see below), and I then finish any other work on that field (trees, flowers, etc.) and duly work those.

The Pending Changes to Save button is red again with a number in it, which may or may not count down until there are no more changes to save. This is when I know I might have a problem.
If the number of changes to save does not begin to reduce within several seconds, it may just stick there. The only way to recover from this is to leave the game (go back to facebook or click on My Requests), then reload the game, then navigate back to the neighbor's farm, then to the field I was working, and check to see if that work has been saved - and most times I will have to re-work what I had already done a few minutes previously.

Is anybody else having this problem?

Thanks...

Hi RichmondGuy :)

Are you working if full screen? if so then go back to normal screen and see if they save.

You can also tray the suggestions given in the following thread:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666

Maybe this is a possible slowdown on the internet somewhere in the many links between you and the Farm Town servers.

RichmondGuy
Jan 10 2021, 09:12 AM
Hi RichmondGuy :)

Are you working if full screen? if so then go back to normal screen and see if they save.

You can also tray the suggestions given in the following thread:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666

Maybe this is a possible slowdown on the internet somewhere in the many links between you and the Farm Town servers.

Thank you for your reply.
I do not work full screen as I have the large tools.
I checked the flash player settings, cdn.slashkey.com did not appear in the list (I use Chrome, so don't require a standalone flash install, even though I have one).
Storage is set at 1 MB.

marymarcel
Jan 10 2021, 09:17 AM
Thank you for your reply.
I do not work full screen as I have the large tools.
I checked the flash player settings, cdn.slashkey.com did not appear in the list (I use Chrome, so don't require a standalone flash install, even though I have one).
Storage is set at 1 MB.

Did you try all suggestions in the links inside the thread? Please try them and see if they help you with your problem.

RichmondGuy
Jan 10 2021, 09:24 AM
Did you try all suggestions in the links inside the thread? Please try them and see if they help you with your problem.

Yes, I have. I'll be doing more SN work shortly, we'll see how it goes. Thanks again.

goldendreamer
Jan 11 2021, 03:26 PM
Can we not view the farms that need to be harvested yet. I have not seen that option.

marymarcel
Jan 11 2021, 03:32 PM
Can we not view the farms that need to be harvested yet. I have not seen that option.

Hi goldendreamer :)

You can see the information clicking in Show names and then in Show work info button.

But the Farm Stats has not been added to HTML5 version yet.

Karlene
Jan 13 2021, 01:17 PM
Hi. I'm enjoying the new version of the game. I ran into a problem just now. I'm working on my farms-harvesting, plowing, planting-and am working on the 7th farm. After I planted the farm, I noticed one field wasn't planted. I got my seeder, but the field didn't show up, so I reloaded the farm and noticed that some of the farm was not harvested. So, I harvested it and plowed, then planted that part again. I noticed that some of the plots are showing as harvested. When I mouse over other plots that are showing 'scallions', they show harvested, then go back to 'scallions'.

The farm that the problem is on is Farm 8. Thanks in advance for your help.

When i went back to look, I noticed that I have scallions under the harvested fields. All I can figure is, when I went back and had some crops that didn't look harvested, they really were harvested? I'll wait until the scallions are ready, harvest them, clear that part & plow it again, if I need to, and everything will be back to normal.

Thanks!

marymarcel
Jan 13 2021, 01:25 PM
Hi. I'm enjoying the new version of the game. I ran into a problem just now. I'm working on my farms-harvesting, plowing, planting-and am working on the 7th farm. After I planted the farm, I noticed one field wasn't planted. I got my seeder, but the field didn't show up, so I reloaded the farm and noticed that some of the farm was not harvested. So, I harvested it and plowed, then planted that part again. I noticed that some of the plots are showing as harvested. When I mouse over other plots that are showing 'scallions', they show harvested, then go back to 'scallions'.

The farm that the problem is on is Farm 8. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Karlene :)

I visited your farm 8 and it shows some fields plowed, other harvested and other planted. But they appear/disappear while hovering the mouse over them.
You can delete all of them, reload the game and see if any field is showing up again. You have to do that, till only green is showing on your farm. Then you can plow and plant again.

If that is not the problem then please report this issue to Support. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

In case you dont find the automatic response please read the following information:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

Karlene
Jan 13 2021, 01:37 PM
Hi Karlene :)

I visited your farm 8 and it shows some fields plowed, other harvested and other planted. But they appear/disappear while hovering the mouse over them.
You can delete all of them, reload the game and see if any field is showing up again. You have to do that, till only green is showing on your farm. Then you can plow and plant again.

If that is not the problem then please report this issue to Support. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

In case you dont find the automatic response please read the following information:

Thank you, Mary for your speedy reply. :) I appreciate it!

Chet Evors
Jan 13 2021, 06:14 PM
1336382078 Tried to see if we are going to get a better system for planting and plowing. Have layer 3 rows, have largest combine, but the screen fills up telling about what I'm planting and what I plowing.
Do believe we don't need this, and maybe use that energy to get a light that shows like the trees does.
Since this is all I can do right now figure I would let you know what I think.
Just being able to do my own farms is boring but feel we could use the energy from some things to improve other things.
God bless and thanks for not just closing it up!!

Taz D
Jan 13 2021, 06:24 PM
1336382078 Tried to see if we are going to get a better system for planting and plowing. Have layer 3 rows, have largest combine, but the screen fills up telling about what I'm planting and what I plowing.
Do believe we don't need this, and maybe use that energy to get a light that shows like the trees does.
Since this is all I can do right now figure I would let you know what I think.
Just being able to do my own farms is boring but feel we could use the energy from some things to improve other things.
God bless and thanks for not just closing it up!!
Hi Chet,
Please go to your preferences and uncheck the box for Show coins and XP animation. Reload your game after you have changed and clicked the green check to save.

skinni
Jan 14 2021, 09:01 AM
I have one patch of harvested field on my farm 13 that will not let me plow it or delete it or anything. What can I do about that. All my other farms are fine so far. TY

Tiger
Jan 14 2021, 09:09 AM
I have one patch of harvested field on my farm 13 that will not let me plow it or delete it or anything. What can I do about that. All my other farms are fine so far. TY

Hi skinni,
Try the yellow bulldozer if you are not already doing so, once you have clciked on it and it doesn't clear, reload and try again and see if it clears the next time.
If there are multipe fields on top of eachother then you have to do that several times until you're back to ground cover so you can plow a new field there.

steveinia
Jan 14 2021, 12:08 PM
I am losing coins when harvesting crops. Is this a function of where we are at so far in the new version? I get XP pts. although not sure if the right amount. But it definitely has eaten into my coins in a large way. So as of now am just leaving fields plowed and not seeding.

Tiger
Jan 14 2021, 12:10 PM
I am losing coins when harvesting crops. Is this a function of where we are at so far in the new version? I get XP pts. although not sure if the right amount. But it definitely has eaten into my coins in a large way. So as of now am just leaving fields plowed and not seeding.

Hi steveinia,

If you were using a combine to get those crops you are charged for the plowing part as normal, plowing always costs coins.

Jan 14 2021, 12:36 PM
no tools other than ax available to use

Tiger
Jan 14 2021, 12:42 PM
no tools other than ax available to use

Hi,

Are you looking in your toolbox? If not check there for them please.

If they are not showing up in the toolbox it sound like that they are out on your farms somehwere so you'd you need to go find where they are on your farms and put them into storage so they show up in the toolbox.

martinlee43a
Jan 14 2021, 02:06 PM
I'm seeing an advantage at this point. I'm not losing any fuel. About all i have an issue about is the graphics lines for planting or harvesting are not as defined. But being able to plant and harvest without using fuel is great. I'm using this as long as i can.

Keep working dudes

ML :)

WendyP57
Jan 15 2021, 08:37 PM
have been reading through some of the helpful advice and noticed that there is still a link to clear memcache using flash, i know this doesnt work but some people may still be a little confused
Click HERE for instructions on clearing your browser's cache. Click HERE to clear your macromedia cache files.

Taz D
Jan 15 2021, 08:41 PM
have been reading through some of the helpful advice and noticed that there is still a link to clear memcache using flash, i know this doesnt work but some people may still be a little confused
Click HERE for instructions on clearing your browser's cache. Click HERE to clear your macromedia cache files.
Hi WendyP,
You are right the clearing macromedia needs to be removed. The Memcache is not a clearing of Flash, but clears data on the server, so I believe it can be used. The browser cache is definately still usable.

Terri Farm
Jan 16 2021, 03:42 PM
The game today will not let me harvest my crops. It say i need a 3x3 harvester which I have. What happening.

The game will not let me harvest my crops. It says I need a 3x3 harvester which I have. I played the game yesterday without a problems

Taz D
Jan 16 2021, 03:55 PM
The game today will not let me harvest my crops. It say i need a 3x3 harvester which I have. What happening.

The game will not let me harvest my crops. It says I need a 3x3 harvester which I have. I played the game yesterday without a problems
Hi Terri,
I moved your post to the subject thread about harvesting. Is your tool in your storage? If not it needs to be in there to show in the tool box.

Dana1971
Jan 16 2021, 04:37 PM
My crops are suddenly going bad after I've irrigated them since the new platform.

Taz D
Jan 16 2021, 04:56 PM
My crops are suddenly going bad after I've irrigated them since the new platform.
Hi Dana,
The only thing we know of that can cause that is if the date and time on your computer are incorrect either now or at the time the work was done.

Dana1971
Jan 17 2021, 01:34 AM
Can we Irrigate every 12 Hours or every 24 Hours??

Taz D
Jan 17 2021, 09:19 AM
Can we Irrigate every 12 Hours or every 24 Hours??
Hi Dana,
Neither, it is 20 hours, which is a Farm Town day.

Chet Evors
Jan 18 2021, 06:18 PM
I have 37 farms, Most crops are on 50x50 with 3 layers of crops.
Used to get 35,000 out of each section now only get 9700??
Other sections are 36x36 and used to get 18,000 now only get 5000??
With no way to get more farm cash or dollars, can we see what we can do about this shortage??
Thank you very much and God bless ya.

Taz D
Jan 18 2021, 06:25 PM
I have 37 farms, Most crops are on 50x50 with 3 layers of crops.
Used to get 35,000 out of each section now only get 9700??
Other sections are 36x36 and used to get 18,000 now only get 5000??
With no way to get more farm cash or dollars, can we see what we can do about this shortage??
Thank you very much and God bless ya.
Hi Chet Evors,
I moved your post to the subject thread about crops.
First when you finish harvesting you will only see the basic amount of 1 each plot. If you restart your farms then the amount for fertilizing will add in. Not the way it should show but it does still give you all of them until the developers get around to working on the minor problems
I will guess that you usually hire out to have those farms harvested for you. That hiring out gives yoiu an extra box of the crop per plot. You are not getting those currently since you can't hire, so that is why your amounts are lower.

Chet Evors
Jan 18 2021, 06:38 PM
Hi Tad, will check that out, but do all my own work especially since we can't help anyone else.
Fertilize every 3 days, water daily or when able.
Since we did get do our farms been doing them daily but didn't seem to adding much to products.
Just wanted to make sure we would get as much as we used to.
Sorry to have bothered you, know your super busy.
At least you working!! hehe.
God bless and stay safe.

Taz D
Jan 18 2021, 06:43 PM
Hi Tad, will check that out, but do all my own work especially since we can't help anyone else.
Fertilize every 3 days, water daily or when able.
Since we did get do our farms been doing them daily but didn't seem to adding much to products.
Just wanted to make sure we would get as much as we used to.
Sorry to have bothered you, know your super busy.
At least you working!! hehe.
God bless and stay safe.
Hi Chet Evor,
Did you not hire out those farms before the change over? Then since yoiu can't do that right now you are getting less.

Chet Evors
Jan 18 2021, 07:00 PM
#133682078 Evidently you didn't need this but yes always did my own farm work and kept track as I kept growing my farms on delivery of my crops.
Will it get back like it was, seems like a lot of work and time for just a small amount.
Then used to getting more, 10 years of playing or more.
Thanks for such a speedy reply,

Taz D
Jan 18 2021, 07:11 PM
#133682078 Evidently you didn't need this but yes always did my own farm work and kept track as I kept growing my farms on delivery of my crops.
Will it get back like it was, seems like a lot of work and time for just a small amount.
Then used to getting more, 10 years of playing or more.
Thanks for such a speedy reply,
Hi Chet,
I can't answer that as I don't know what the developers are doing about the layering. As some have found a lot of that is not working the same currently.

Chet Evors
Jan 19 2021, 06:13 PM
Sorry for bothering you, have to be pretty busy since we just changed over.
Seem like if farms are working, it should be just as before, especially with the amount of crops we are harvesting. Same size of farms, same rows but when done only getting 1/3 of the crops we used to get.
Thanks for keeping in touch and God bless ya Taz!

Taz D
Jan 19 2021, 06:18 PM
Sorry for bothering you, have to be pretty busy since we just changed over.
Seem like if farms are working, it should be just as before, especially with the amount of crops we are harvesting. Same size of farms, same rows but when done only getting 1/3 of the crops we used to get.
Thanks for keeping in touch and God bless ya Taz!
Hi Chet Evors,
I am sorry, but as I said before I can't answer that since you are layering. You will have to wait and see if the develoers can fix that after they get the rest of the functions added back in.

texans
Jan 20 2021, 04:00 PM
I'm freezing up whenever I start harvest/plow/plant

Taz D
Jan 20 2021, 04:07 PM
I'm freezing up whenever I start harvest/plow/plant
Hi Texans,
Please post any problems with the new version in the following Migration thread link for now:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650134

Are your farms layered? The developers haven't said they have done anything with those as yet. Only thing I can think of right now is turn off any of the show items in references other than the work you are currently doing.

lineking
Jan 20 2021, 08:22 PM
Hopefully this may only be a temporary glitch. The other day, i checked my storage of animal products, and today, after harvesting on multiple farms, I noticed that the milk went down by a hundred thousand units. I'll go at it again tomorrow, and check all of the product inventory.

Taz D
Jan 20 2021, 08:28 PM
Hopefully this may only be a temporary glitch. The other day, i checked my storage of animal products, and today, after harvesting on multiple farms, I noticed that the milk went down by a hundred thousand units. I'll go at it again tomorrow, and check all of the product inventory.
Hi lineking,
Have you been to sell anything from your storage? Possibly you sold some. We don't see if you have sold any individual items.

lineking
Jan 20 2021, 10:56 PM
[B]Haven't sold anything in this transition phase, as I recall. I'm monitoring the increase in stock as I harvest. [/b ]

Taz D
Jan 20 2021, 11:03 PM
[b]Haven't sold anything in this transition phase, as I recall. I'm monitoring the increase in stock as I harvest. [/b ]
Hi lineking,
Sorry, but we do not have any way of checking this for you. We don't have any kind of history to see those changes.

SallyHL
Jan 21 2021, 05:41 AM
I can harvest all animals on all farms except Farm 1. Can you fix this or is it something that will fix itself later? Thanks for keeping us going!

Tiger
Jan 21 2021, 07:09 AM
I can harvest all animals on all farms except Farm 1. Can you fix this or is it something that will fix itself later? Thanks for keeping us going!

Hi SallyHL,

What is preventing you from harvesting those animals?

Is it that you can't see the buildings to click on them?

You are harvesting them using that method but they don't make it to storage?

Do you recall if you made that farm a quest or private farm? You won't be able to check on that using the usual method at this time so please don't worry if you can't remember.

xtacy48
Jan 22 2021, 05:13 PM
I'm not sure where to post this problem. I have recently upgraded my seeder and my harvester/plower. They work sometimes, but most of the time, they revert back to my old tools which is weird. I upgraded (spent FC to do so) only to have the new items not work. The new flower and tree harvesters seem fine, but not the other tools. Can you help me figure out what's going on? Thank you!

Taz D
Jan 22 2021, 05:22 PM
I'm not sure where to post this problem. I have recently upgraded my seeder and my harvester/plower. They work sometimes, but most of the time, they revert back to my old tools which is weird. I upgraded (spent FC to do so) only to have the new items not work. The new flower and tree harvesters seem fine, but not the other tools. Can you help me figure out what's going on? Thank you!
Hi xtacy,
Do they change color back to the previous tools or just working the same as the previous ones? There is not much difference between the 6x6 EX tools and the 7x7 EX tools.

Aussie Rae
Jan 22 2021, 05:24 PM
Tiger, I also have that problem when harvesting animal barns on my farm #1, there is not notification to say how much has been sent to storage, the notification appears for every other farm. However, I checked by noting the numbers in storage and the products do go to storage, had to reload the farm for them to show up at first, the last few days I have not had to refresh the game, the numbers have been added automatically.. hope this helps..

xtacy48
Jan 22 2021, 07:29 PM
Hi xtacy,
Do they change color back to the previous tools or just working the same as the previous ones? There is not much difference between the 6x6 EX tools and the 7x7 EX tools.
They are staying the same color (red/white) but when they perform it's the same as the previous tools. And I found a big difference in the 2 different tools or I wouldn't have bought them.

Taz D
Jan 22 2021, 07:31 PM
They are staying the same color (red/white) but when they perform it's the same as the previous tools. And I found a big difference in the 2 different tools or I wouldn't have bought them.
Hi xtacy,
I am sorry, but I don't have those tools to be able to check.

Please report this to Support so they can check this. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

Bishop1947
Jan 29 2021, 07:48 AM
I can't plow a deleted field, Moved all the trees, deleted field, but green had won't let me put trees back even with crops hidden. I have a brand new farm that's never been plowed and won't let me plow certain areas as it shows "plowed field", but it's really not. Is the green hand ever going to work like it's supposed to, if not we all wasted our $$$.

marymarcel
Jan 29 2021, 08:03 AM
I can't plow a deleted field, Moved all the trees, deleted field, but green had won't let me put trees back even with crops hidden. I have a brand new farm that's never been plowed and won't let me plow certain areas as it shows "plowed field", but it's really not. Is the green hand ever going to work like it's supposed to, if not we all wasted our $$$.

Hi Bishop1947 :)

What you are trying to do is a trick and instructions are not allowed on the forums.

If you need information about the Hands please go to the following link from our Game Guide where the 3 Hands are explained:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5275626#post5275626

lynnetimpeiro@msn.com
Jan 29 2021, 01:39 PM
I am admin in a couple of groups and member in a number of others. I saw something that might help players and am wondering if I can copy it for use in those groups. I have copied the answer which Mary Marcel has given several times in the last 4-5 pages of problems in one of the sections. This is what I would like to post into the groups: "Please click in your preferences, the wrench, and see if you have a check mark for "Show coins and XP Animations" or/and "Show Feedback while Farming" options.

If you have any of those or both of them checked, please remove the check marks and then click in the green check mark to save changes.
We are aware that if you have those options checked and you use the regular tools or any of the Seeders, regular or EX, you get lot of messages on the farm, like 1xp, and the game freezes.
This doesnt happen if you use the Combines EX." There are no names but I would say that the information came from the Forum olr Mary. I had problems with using tools, etc. and this helped immensely. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Taz D
Jan 29 2021, 01:43 PM
I am admin in a couple of groups and member in a number of others. I saw something that might help players and am wondering if I can copy it for use in those groups. I have copied the answer which Mary Marcel has given several times in the last 4-5 pages of problems in one of the sections. This is what I would like to post into the groups: "Please click in your preferences, the wrench, and see if you have a check mark for "Show coins and XP Animations" or/and "Show Feedback while Farming" options.

If you have any of those or both of them checked, please remove the check marks and then click in the green check mark to save changes.
We are aware that if you have those options checked and you use the regular tools or any of the Seeders, regular or EX, you get lot of messages on the farm, like 1xp, and the game freezes.
This doesnt happen if you use the Combines EX." There are no names but I would say that the information came from the Forum olr Mary. I had problems with using tools, etc. and this helped immensely. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Hi Lynne,
We do not have a problem with you using that. We know it does solve the floating text message problem.

rodneycs
Jan 30 2021, 11:41 AM
still unable to harvest. first happened after the 12th Jan and still is the case.

Taz D
Jan 30 2021, 11:46 AM
still unable to harvest. first happened after the 12th Jan and still is the case.
Hi Rodneycs,
What are you not able to harvest? What happens when you try? Are these layered items you are trying to harvest?

Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached)

If that doesn't work, please try clearing your browser cache, close your browser , then reload your farms. It will be slower loading the first time as it has to download the graphics.

rodneycs
Jan 30 2021, 07:57 PM
unable to harvest crops. Yes these are layered as always right from beginning.

Taz D
Jan 30 2021, 08:04 PM
unable to harvest crops. Yes these are layered as always right from beginning.
Hi Rodneycs,
We don't know how much of the layering will work yet. The developers are working on adding the rest of the functions right now and not working on the layering.
I am sorry, but there is nothing that can be done for those right now. You can try unchecking everything you are not currently working on in the Show part of your preferences to do those. You should also make sure you have the Show coins and XP Animations and the Show Feedback unchecked as they will slow things down specially for layered farms.
There is also a Compressed Graphics you can check to lower the amount of memory you are using on your farms. When you uncheck these things please be sure to restart your farms to have those take effect.

whitedoveh
Jan 31 2021, 10:59 PM
I am trying to layer my farms. (Deleted layering instructions) it is all red and wont let me

Taz D
Jan 31 2021, 11:08 PM
I am trying to layer my farms. (Deleted layering instructions) it is all red and wont let me
Hi Whitedoveh,
I am sorry, but we can not help with layering. Please do not post any instructions for layering the forums. The developers do not allow that. Even though it is allowed by the developers for you to do it, it can cause problems with your farms.
I can only tell you that not all of the layering is working in the current state of the game. The developers have not done any work we know of on that as they are working hard to get the rest of the functions added to the game.

AnnaWalls
Feb 01 2021, 02:53 AM
I come by to harvest, plow, and plant twice a day most of the time. So far, when I plant my first crop - I'm talking about the very first click on any given session. The crop is there, loaded and visible, and then it goes away. Now, it's there. Refreshing shows it just fine, and all's well. However, if I don't refresh after that first click, my tool will happily plant over it. This does not give me a double crop in that overlap, but it does show up when I harvest and I need to refresh then to make it go away so I can plow there. This never happens at any other time as I work through my farms. It only affects that very first click. Thought you might like to know. Keep up the good work, guys.

charlie saunders
Feb 01 2021, 06:37 AM
USER ID number ( 553411533 when harvesting my farmtown coins go down instead of going up this only happen when harvesting on my own farms
charlie saunders

Tiger
Feb 01 2021, 07:12 AM
I come by to harvest, plow, and plant twice a day most of the time. So far, when I plant my first crop - I'm talking about the very first click on any given session. The crop is there, loaded and visible, and then it goes away. Now, it's there. Refreshing shows it just fine, and all's well. However, if I don't refresh after that first click, my tool will happily plant over it. This does not give me a double crop in that overlap, but it does show up when I harvest and I need to refresh then to make it go away so I can plow there. This never happens at any other time as I work through my farms. It only affects that very first click. Thought you might like to know. Keep up the good work, guys.

Hi AnnaWalls,

If this is still happening now, please try to describe exactly each step as you do it and which tool and the size of the tool you are using. For example this part of your issue:

".... The crop is there, loaded and visible, and then it goes away. Now, it's there...."

Are you saying you go to that farm, you see the crop and then it disappears without you doing anything then reappears?

Tiger
Feb 01 2021, 07:17 AM
USER ID number ( 553411533 when harvesting my farmtown coins go down instead of going up this only happen when harvesting on my own farms
charlie saunders

Hi charlie saunders,

If you are using a combine to harvest and plow at the same time, plowing always costs you coins, so that's what the coins are taken for.

Coins do not go up when harvesting yourself, you just get the crops. You would get coins for those if you were to sell them rather than make products with them to earn more coins.

SallyHL
Feb 02 2021, 07:54 AM
I am still not able to harvest animals on Farm 1. All the other farms I have animals on I can harvest. Is this is glitch that will be worked out? Thank you in advance.

marymarcel
Feb 02 2021, 08:04 AM
I am still not able to harvest animals on Farm 1. All the other farms I have animals on I can harvest. Is this is glitch that will be worked out? Thank you in advance.

Hi SallyHL :)

We are aware of that issue, but you are indeed harvesting them, it is just the message saying how much you got, is not showing up.

If you click to harvest them, and after that you reload the game, then you will see they were harvested as they show the time you have to wait to harvest them again.

SallyHL
Feb 02 2021, 08:23 AM
Thank you so much!

marymarcel
Feb 02 2021, 08:49 AM
Thank you so much!

You are very welcome Sally :)

Chet Evors
Feb 03 2021, 04:58 PM
1336382078 Not sure how to go to Game Migration but here is my concern.
Everything is working okay but on my farms 50x50, layered 3 times. Used to get 35,500 crops. Now only getting about 9,000 worth of crops.
Farms 36x36 used to get 18,500 and getting only about 5000.
Can we check this out as since this about all we can do now need to build up my cash so when ready I can have enough to buy something.
Spent a lot of money to get where I was getting a lot of cash when harvesting but with only getting a 3rd. or less it just isn't getting me anywhere ahead in the game.
Thanks and hope we can do something soon for not sure I can play another ten years while you get this all worked again. hehe.
God bless and stay safe.

Tiger
Feb 03 2021, 05:23 PM
1336382078 Not sure how to go to Game Migration but here is my concern.
Everything is working okay but on my farms 50x50, layered 3 times. Used to get 35,500 crops. Now only getting about 9,000 worth of crops.
Farms 36x36 used to get 18,500 and getting only about 5000.
Can we check this out as since this about all we can do now need to build up my cash so when ready I can have enough to buy something.
Spent a lot of money to get where I was getting a lot of cash when harvesting but with only getting a 3rd. or less it just isn't getting me anywhere ahead in the game.
Thanks and hope we can do something soon for not sure I can play another ten years while you get this all worked again. hehe.
God bless and stay safe.

Hi Chet Evors,

Are you taking into account that you're doing the work yourself now? If you are used to hiring someone else to work your farms then what you are not getting now is the bonus for hiring someone.

If it's not that, after harvesting, reload and see if the amount corrects and goes up for you. I'm not sure if that's been fixed yet and I'm out of time tonight to try. Last time i looked at this, the full amount didn't correct right away, we were still getting it just not immediately, so reloading corrected it.

slartismum
Feb 09 2021, 05:17 PM
Hi, not sure if this is the correct page but I will go ahead anyway. When I am harvesting/planting only the squares belonging to my machines are showing, eg if using a 240 machine, then 240 squares appear and the rest do not show until I move over them.I know this is only a nuisance but I was wondering if it is the same with everyone or something that I am doing incorrectly. Because they do not all show I frequently miss out on a row or two, then they have wasted when i go back. Sometimes only a couple of squares show at a time.
Thanks in advance for your advice.

Taz D
Feb 09 2021, 05:47 PM
Hi, not sure if this is the correct page but I will go ahead anyway. When I am harvesting/planting only the squares belonging to my machines are showing, eg if using a 240 machine, then 240 squares appear and the rest do not show until I move over them.I know this is only a nuisance but I was wondering if it is the same with everyone or something that I am doing incorrectly. Because they do not all show I frequently miss out on a row or two, then they have wasted when i go back. Sometimes only a couple of squares show at a time.
Thanks in advance for your advice.
Hi Slartismum,
I moved your post to the thread about plowing, seeding and harvesting.
We do not have a tool that does 240 items. But if you are using a regular tool then it will only show the number of squares that the tool can do. If you have more than that in the same space as in stacked plots then you should be seeing a complete square covering the whole area, but only if you are using one of the EX tools. If you are not seeing the entire square when using an EX tool then you need to change it's mode in lower right corner to Extent mode.

slartismum
Feb 10 2021, 11:23 AM
Thanks for your reply. Maybe I should have mentioned that this happens when I am a super neighbour. There is no icon for reducing the extended mode. The 250 is the number under the blue combination. When I think that I have finished, the icon does not disappear so I know there are more plots to do and have to go all over the field with only one or two squares showing. Like I said, it is inconvenient but still doable.
Thanks again.

Taz D
Feb 10 2021, 11:33 AM
Thanks for your reply. Maybe I should have mentioned that this happens when I am a super neighbour. There is no icon for reducing the extended mode. The 250 is the number under the blue combination. When I think that I have finished, the icon does not disappear so I know there are more plots to do and have to go all over the field with only one or two squares showing. Like I said, it is inconvenient but still doable.
Thanks again.
Hi slartismum,
There isn't any number under the combines in the toolbox. The blue combine does 324 fields according to the information in the store.
That is not an EX combine so if you are doing a farm with stacked fields it will not do all of them in one pass.

If it is not a stacked fields farm then it could be they are done and just not clearing. Try refreshing the farm to see if they are all harvested or it will show only those fields missed when you pick up the tool again.

slartismum
Feb 11 2021, 02:35 PM
Thanks again. Will do as you suggest.

Moonspinner97
Feb 16 2021, 10:36 PM
Hello. It used to be when I selected a tool, that only the appropriate crops/tree/flower that were ready to be harvested would show on the farm and would disappear once harvested. I'm not sure what I did but it stopped doing that and I cannot find how to reset that. Is that an game error or a user error? LOL. Thank you!!

Taz D
Feb 16 2021, 10:44 PM
Hello. It used to be when I selected a tool, that only the appropriate crops/tree/flower that were ready to be harvested would show on the farm and would disappear once harvested. I'm not sure what I did but it stopped doing that and I cannot find how to reset that. Is that an game error or a user error? LOL. Thank you!!
Hi Moonspinner,
When you pick up a tool, look in the lower right corner and make sure the Eye is half closed.

If you are talking about crops the plots will not disappear, so if you are using a combine for harvest plow, then it will still show the plowed fields. Or if you are using the combine harvest plow plant then it will show the newly planted plots still.

Moonspinner97
Feb 16 2021, 10:50 PM
Hi Moonspinner,
When you pick up a tool, look in the lower right corner and make sure the Eye is half closed.

If you are talking about crops the plots will not disappear, so if you are using a combine for harvest plow, then it will still show the plowed fields. Or if you are using the combine harvest plow plant then it will show the newly planted plots still.

OMG!! You are the best!! Thank you for helping with my 'user error' :):D

Sally Carpenter
Feb 17 2021, 07:57 AM
Harvested Wheat,and found none had stored.

marymarcel
Feb 17 2021, 08:05 AM
Harvested Wheat,and found none had stored.

Hi Sally Carpenter :)

I moved your post to the thread for your problem.

I just checked your data and it shows Wheat stored. Please reload the game by clicking in Play button and then check your storage again.

Happy pants
Feb 18 2021, 02:30 PM
Please pardon me if someone has already asked/answered this, but is highlighting fertilized crops coming back at some point? I planted coffee a couple of days ago and couldn't see where I had planted and not, because the seeds are functionally the same colour as the plowed plots... if highlighting is not coming back, could we at least adjust the colour of the seeds so they're easier to see, please?

marymarcel
Feb 18 2021, 02:49 PM
Please pardon me if someone has already asked/answered this, but is highlighting fertilized crops coming back at some point? I planted coffee a couple of days ago and couldn't see where I had planted and not, because the seeds are functionally the same colour as the plowed plots... if highlighting is not coming back, could we at least adjust the colour of the seeds so they're easier to see, please?

Hi Happy pants :)

Do you mean the highlighting when using the magnifying glass to look for an item in the farm ?

I just tried it searching for cucumber in a quest farm and checking the option for Highlight matching items and it worked correctly.

Green Thumb Grammy
Feb 19 2021, 07:19 PM
When I go to neighbors farm to work their farm. Their tree harvester comes up but can not see trees. I used to go ahead and use it and trees showed up after harvesting. Now they don't show up and all and the harvester doesn't go away when I harvest so I don't know if they are done or not.

Taz D
Feb 19 2021, 07:40 PM
When I go to neighbors farm to work their farm. Their tree harvester comes up but can not see trees. I used to go ahead and use it and trees showed up after harvesting. Now they don't show up and all and the harvester doesn't go away when I harvest so I don't know if they are done or not.
Hi Green Thumb Grammy,
I moved your post to the subject thread about harvesting,
Check your preferences and make sure you have Show Trees checked.

JohnAlbertini
Feb 20 2021, 06:48 AM
Working my wife's farms

Seeding and irrigating then when I come back it is irrigated but NOT SEEDED

Same when she seeded my farms Nothing seeded!!!

777658954 and 1523696796

Show names indicates needs to be seeded but irrigated - all that work and irrigation WASTED!!!

yorkiemom4
Feb 20 2021, 07:27 AM
My husband and I are having the same problem, doesn't show crops planted after we plant.... PLEASE HELP 100000306437096 and 100000399267431

marymarcel
Feb 20 2021, 07:49 AM
Working my wife's farms

Seeding and irrigating then when I come back it is irrigated but NOT SEEDED

Same when she seeded my farms Nothing seeded!!!

777658954 and 1523696796

Show names indicates needs to be seeded but irrigated - all that work and irrigation WASTED!!!

My husband and I are having the same problem, doesn't show crops planted after we plant.... PLEASE HELP 100000306437096 and 100000399267431

Hi John and yorkiemom4 :)

We are aware of the issue and have been testing the seeders, which seems to be the problem, and sent the results to the developers.

While they find the issue and fix it, please use any combine harvest/plant to seed the farms.

JohnAlbertini
Feb 20 2021, 09:16 AM
Seems seeding only works when we do our own farms, super neighbor seeding does not tale but super neighbor irrigating does take so irrigating unseeded waste the irrigation cycle!!

JohnAlbertini
Feb 20 2021, 09:18 AM
Hi John and yorkiemom4 :)

We are aware of the issue and have been testing the seeders, which seems to be the problem, and sent the results to the developers.

While they find the issue and fix it, please use any combine harvest/plant to seed the farms.

And if we don't own ANY "plant" combine?

Taz D
Feb 20 2021, 09:29 AM
Seems seeding only works when we do our own farms, super neighbor seeding does not tale but super neighbor irrigating does take so irrigating unseeded waste the irrigation cycle!!

And if we don't own ANY "plant" combine?
Hi John,
Your wife can plant on her own farm with the seeders as you said that works. Don't irrigate until you check and make sure the crops are there by refreshing the farm.

fhardy22
Feb 21 2021, 08:15 AM
I have a section of farm 5 that will not harvest or plow. Have tried over and over. the crops have wasted.

Taz D
Feb 21 2021, 09:20 AM
I have a section of farm 5 that will not harvest or plow. Have tried over and over. the crops have wasted.
Hi fhardy,
I moved your post to the subject thread about crops. You may have some accidental layering in that spot. To fix that try deleting those plots, restart your farms and see if any of them show up again. If they do then repeat the process until no plots show there. Then you should be able to replow and plant them again.

christelcrego
Feb 22 2021, 09:39 AM
First of all, thank you for working so hard on keeping Farm Town up and running! My ID is 100000989167371, yesterday, 2/21/21 I planted, when I was done it automictically went to harvest trees so I didn't think anything about it, when it goes to next chore you know your done planting or at least that's how I do it, but this morning 2/22/21 I noticed I had empty fields that I planted yesterday. I don't know if you already know about this, but just in case, I told you. Big thanks again!

Taz D
Feb 22 2021, 09:56 AM
First of all, thank you for working so hard on keeping Farm Town up and running! My ID is 100000989167371, yesterday, 2/21/21 I planted, when I was done it automictically went to harvest trees so I didn't think anything about it, when it goes to next chore you know your done planting or at least that's how I do it, but this morning 2/22/21 I noticed I had empty fields that I planted yesterday. I don't know if you already know about this, but just in case, I told you. Big thanks again!
Hi Cristalcrego,
We are aware the seeders are not working for super neighbor work. Were you planting on your own farm or working as a super neighbor?

OldEl
Feb 26 2021, 10:39 AM
I'm STILL having the issue while harvesting, plowing, and planting (particularly while harvesting & plowing), that there's a swatch/patch/square of field that doesn't harvest nor plow (cuz it hasn't harvested) without me going out of that field into another and then go back to do the swath that wouldn't plow!

Tiger
Feb 26 2021, 11:39 AM
I'm STILL having the issue while harvesting, plowing, and planting (particularly while harvesting & plowing), that there's a swatch/patch/square of field that doesn't harvest nor plow (cuz it hasn't harvested) without me going out of that field into another and then go back to do the swath that wouldn't plow!

Hi OldEl,

Which farm is this happening on and which tools and size of tool are you using when this happens? Does it still happen if you use a different size tool? When did this start happening?

What have you already tried to try and resolve this yourself? For example, making sure any updates are done on your computer, checking browser is up to date, clearing caches/history on the browser, seeing if you get the same problem using a different browser, running memcache.

sandielm
Feb 27 2021, 05:19 PM
When already planted and go back a day or 2 after planted there is a large square that it was not planted and it was planted. Cannot lay water yet either.

Taz D
Feb 27 2021, 05:32 PM
When already planted and go back a day or 2 after planted there is a large square that it was not planted and it was planted. Cannot lay water yet either.
Hi Sandielm,
I moved your post to the subject thread about crops as that is the first problem.
Try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached)

After you harvest that farm try again to plant, refresh the farm and see if that area shows planted.

If it doesn't then you may have corrupted fields. To clear those you need to delete all those plots, restart your farms and then see if any show back up. If they do repeat until there is only bare ground. Then you can replow and plant.

If you are trying to layer water, I am sorry, but we can not help with that. We are not allowed to give or let any instructions for that in the forums.

Taz D
Feb 27 2021, 05:36 PM
May I please ask what the official rule is for the use of auto clickers in the game of Farm Town? I've been a farmer with Farm Town since Sept 2008. During that time, I found auto clickers introduced for $ through Facebook ads and other media for the use in planting, harvesting, and plowing on Farm Town as well as other farming games. As recent as yesterday, I was able to use the auto clicker in a limited capacity. Today, there is no response.
I do believe this subject has not been addressed overtly but has been tolerated. Now, I'm boldly asking for the slashkey developer's decision on this subject. It doesn't seem reasonable to attempt to have 40 farms without an automated method to accommodate this repetitive method.
Thank you.
Donna Henderson
User ID 1422693101
Hi Donna,
The information on auto clickers in in the following thread link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594746

FC360
Feb 28 2021, 08:52 AM
I'm having a issue where fields are somewhat duplicating on top of another field, I'll plow my farm then sow some seeds only for some of the fields I just put seeds to appear as if there are no seeds there so I resow those fields however when I harvest the fields it shows the field ready to be plowed but also has the crops on the field behind the field that shows as being harvested. Is there a way of fixing this bug as it's starting to get very annoying now?

Taz D
Feb 28 2021, 08:57 AM
I'm having a issue where fields are somewhat duplicating on top of another field, I'll plow my farm then sow some seeds only for some of the fields I just put seeds to appear as if there are no seeds there so I resow those fields however when I harvest the fields it shows the field ready to be plowed but also has the crops on the field behind the field that shows as being harvested. Is there a way of fixing this bug as it's starting to get very annoying now?
Hi FC360,
The only way to fix it is to delete all the fields, then restart your farms, then if any show up repeat the process until there are no fields showing up. Then you should be able to replow and plant them.

FC360
Feb 28 2021, 08:03 PM
Hi FC360,
The only way to fix it is to delete all the fields, then restart your farms, then if any show up repeat the process until there are no fields showing up. Then you should be able to replow and plant them.

I've tried that but it continues to do it. Sometimes it will not do it but then the next time I replow and plant crops it happens again.

Taz D
Feb 28 2021, 08:08 PM
I've tried that but it continues to do it. Sometimes it will not do it but then the next time I replow and plant crops it happens again.
Hi FC360,
Did you repeat deleting and restarting until no fields were left? If not then yes they will come back. What farm is this and what is your ID?

bbarksda
Mar 01 2021, 03:12 AM
Not sure exactly where to put this one. If there are small detail features and behaviors that are not working in new version that were in flash version, should we put them in a bugs or just wait to see if they work out. For example, when planting crops, we have to type in the name of the crop every time we go to the next farm. It used to default to the last crop that we typed in. Thanks for your help.

Tiger
Mar 01 2021, 05:29 AM
Not sure exactly where to put this one. If there are small detail features and behaviors that are not working in new version that were in flash version, should we put them in a bugs or just wait to see if they work out. For example, when planting crops, we have to type in the name of the crop every time we go to the next farm. It used to default to the last crop that we typed in. Thanks for your help.

Hi bbarska,

The 3 threads at the very top of the Help and Support section (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1), for example the on with Bugs in the title are all closed for posting. Those thread are where the mods have to move/copy specific posts to, as requested by the developers. The easiest way to tell is to look at the icon to the left of a thread title, if it's showing a padlock it's closed for posting. Some Help and Support threads are also closed until we get those features back in the game.

If you're not sure where to post in help and support, while the game is still in the progress of having features added back, you can list bugs with what is currently available to use in the game in the Game Migration thread. (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650134) That's the same thread you would go to to see the latest updates in the game and where you can ask any questions about what's currently available to use.

As you posted in Help and Support about an issue related to seeding, I have moved your post to this one about Plowing, Seeding Or Harvesting.

We are aware that the search box feature is quite basic for now and not fully functioning, for example you also can't use it to search for multiple different items at once either. I have copied your post to the bugs thread, but I can't tell you when the developers will have time to look at it again to get it back to the way it was prior to the move.

FC360
Mar 01 2021, 06:08 PM
Hi FC360,
Did you repeat deleting and restarting until no fields were left? If not then yes they will come back. What farm is this and what is your ID?

The first few times I deleted every single field so the whole farm was clear of farms but now I just delete the fields that it happens with, I don't have it right now but have a feeling it might occur when the crops are harvestable.

Taz D
Mar 01 2021, 06:13 PM
The first few times I deleted every single field so the whole farm was clear of farms but now I just delete the fields that it happens with, I don't have it right now but have a feeling it might occur when the crops are harvestable.
Hi FC,
The only way to stop them showing up is to delete all the fields, restart and make sure none show back up. After you have none on the farm after the restart, then you can replow and plant.

bbarksda
Mar 01 2021, 06:22 PM
Hi bbarska,

The 3 threads at the very top of the Help and Support section (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1), for example the on with Bugs in the title are all closed for posting. Those thread are where the mods have to move/copy specific posts to, as requested by the developers. The easiest way to tell is to look at the icon to the left of a thread title, if it's showing a padlock it's closed for posting. Some Help and Support threads are also closed until we get those features back in the game.

If you're not sure where to post in help and support, while the game is still in the progress of having features added back, you can list bugs with what is currently available to use in the game in the Game Migration thread. (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650134) That's the same thread you would go to to see the latest updates in the game and where you can ask any questions about what's currently available to use.

As you posted in Help and Support about an issue related to seeding, I have moved your post to this one about Plowing, Seeding Or Harvesting.

We are aware that the search box feature is quite basic for now and not fully functioning, for example you also can't use it to search for multiple different items at once either. I have copied your post to the bugs thread, but I can't tell you when the developers will have time to look at it again to get it back to the way it was prior to the move.

Thanks for the information Tiger. Will post to those areas as I find bugs. HAGD and keep safe.

CrazyJan
Mar 03 2021, 07:45 PM
I have all the tools for planting trees..I put a path near the edge...It will not let me plant my trees...it just shows red where I am trying to put them and will not take..any suggestions? ID# is 1776078517 if this helps. Thank you for any help you can give me. I have all the crops and items cleared from the planting area also

Taz D
Mar 03 2021, 08:00 PM
I have all the tools for planting trees..I put a path near the edge...It will not let me plant my trees...it just shows red where I am trying to put them and will not take..any suggestions? ID# is 1776078517 if this helps. Thank you for any help you can give me. I have all the crops and items cleared from the planting area also
Hi CrazyJan,
Have you got anything hidden? If so then the area is not clear. If the area is clear then you do not need the path. Beyond that then you may need to clear a slightly larger area to get them to set down.

CrazyJan
Mar 04 2021, 05:12 PM
I am unable to plant any trees, it gives me a red area only, any suggestions? Have cleared cache, all else is working but not the trees

Taz D
Mar 04 2021, 05:19 PM
I am unable to plant any trees, it gives me a red area only, any suggestions? Have cleared cache, all else is working but not the trees
Hi Crazy Jan,
You posted about this yesterday. I moved your post to the following thread link and answered you:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594618&page=186

Your other post earlier was moved and answered in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666&page=407

We move the posts to keep the forums organized so everyone can find the answers they are looking for.
You can find your posts when they have been moved by using the instructions in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594766

I will move this post later.

harrywhitmore@comcast.net
Mar 12 2021, 05:25 PM
HARRY WHITMORE "I AM NOT GETTING CREDIT FOR MY CROPS, THIS MORNING (A.M.) I HARVESTED 4 ROWS OF CARROTS THAT ARE ALL 9X9 USAGE IS 55 FACILITTIES , TO NIGHT AT 6 P.M. HARVEST PLOW AND PLANT USING THE STORED AMOUNT WHICH INDICATED I NEEDED CARROTS ,I AM NOT SURE BUT 4 ROWS TIMES 9 EQUILS 36 FARMS , SOME ONE IS STEALING MY CROPS OR DOES NOT KNOW MATH,."THANK YOU VERY MUCH

:mad:

Taz D
Mar 12 2021, 05:39 PM
HARRY WHITMORE "I AM NOT GETTING CREDIT FOR MY CROPS, THIS MORNING (A.M.) I HARVESTED 4 ROWS OF CARROTS THAT ARE ALL 9X9 USAGE IS 55 FACILITTIES , TO NIGHT AT 6 P.M. HARVEST PLOW AND PLANT USING THE STORED AMOUNT WHICH INDICATED I NEEDED CARROTS ,I AM NOT SURE BUT 4 ROWS TIMES 9 EQUILS 36 FARMS , SOME ONE IS STEALING MY CROPS OR DOES NOT KNOW MATH,."THANK YOU VERY MUCH

:mad:
Hi Harrywhitmore,
When you harvest your crops the only thing being stored at that time is not the full amount of what you harvested. To get the rest of them to show in your storage currently you need to restart your farms.

Since we don't know what size your farms are, then that total amount could vary widely. It would also vary depending on whether those farms are fertilized or not.
You can always determine how many carrots you need by using the Ingredient planner set to 15 day and by category. That will show how many you need for filling your facilities once.

I just checked your data and you have 1,253,275 carrots in your storage.

rissal
Mar 13 2021, 09:38 AM
User ID: 1806050670

The harvester tool hasn't been working the last few days on my farms.

Taz D
Mar 13 2021, 09:42 AM
User ID: 1806050670

The harvester tool hasn't been working the last few days on my farms.
Hi rissal,
Please make sure you have your tools in your storage. Then use them from the Toolbox. The tools do not take up space in your storage. That way you do not have to place them on the farm you are working on.
What happens when you try to harvest?

bambi16
Mar 13 2021, 10:32 AM
I harvested my farm 3 as usual, (i have 43) and decided to delete the fields and re plough, but none of my plough tools will allow me to put the fields back on the farm, it shows as red, not green. Trees, flowers & facilities are hidden,I'm not doing anything different to what i've done for years.

Is it the game, or the plough tools? I have been hunting through these threads and cannot find any answer, if someone has a problem the answer was to delete the fields and redo them, but i cannot do this. I've cleared memcache, tried a different browser, i have fuel, I usually use the 22x22 plough but i've tried the others and nothing. But i have noticed with the smaller size ploughs, it does show as green in places dotted about on the farm and that is not right. Any help would be appreciated, just not sure whether its game or tools.

rissal
Mar 13 2021, 10:37 AM
Hi rissal,
Please make sure you have your tools in your storage. Then use them from the Toolbox. The tools do not take up space in your storage. That way you do not have to place them on the farm you are working on.
What happens when you try to harvest?

The plower shows up in my toolbox & works, but the harvester & now the seeder that are on the farm aren't showing up in the toolbox. It keeps trying to take me to the store to by another harvester & seeder.

Taz D
Mar 13 2021, 10:37 AM
I harvested my farm 3 as usual, (i have 43) and decided to delete the fields and re plough, but none of my plough tools will allow me to put the fields back on the farm, it shows as red, not green. Trees, flowers & facilities are hidden,I'm not doing anything different to what i've done for years.

Is it the game, or the plough tools? I have been hunting through these threads and cannot find any answer, if someone has a problem the answer was to delete the fields and redo them, but i cannot do this. I've cleared memcache, tried a different browser, i have fuel, I usually use the 22x22 plough but i've tried the others and nothing. But i have noticed with the smaller size ploughs, it does show as green in places dotted about on the farm and that is not right. Any help would be appreciated, just not sure whether its game or tools.
Hi bambi,
What you are talking about is layering and we can not provide or allow instructions for layering to be posted in the forums. What tricks for layering used to work, may not work at this time. We do not know what tricks will work in the future as the developers are concentrating on getting the normal functions added back in to the game currently.

Taz D
Mar 13 2021, 10:39 AM
The plower shows up in my toolbox & works, but the harvester & now the seeder that are on the farm aren't showing up in the toolbox. It keeps trying to take me to the store to by another harvester & seeder.
Hi rissal,
Please put your harvester and seeder in your storage too. The toolbox does not recognize tools when they are on the farm.

bambi16
Mar 13 2021, 12:15 PM
No i'm not trying to layer, i just want to fields back on so that i can plant again, i have layered, but is just trying to put the fields back on. I've deleted fields before on most farms, to tidy them up and then just re ploughed them, but why can't i now.

Taz D
Mar 13 2021, 12:38 PM
No i'm not trying to layer, i just want to fields back on so that i can plant again, i have layered, but is just trying to put the fields back on. I've deleted fields before on most farms, to tidy them up and then just re ploughed them, but why can't i now.
Hi Bambi,
If you have trees, flowers or facilities on top of crops then that is layering. If you have staggered fields those are layering too.

If you want to replow around those items you need to have them showing and use the correct size plow for the space.

LisaScobee
Mar 17 2021, 08:07 PM
Sorry....game corrected itself before I could get this edited.

Myshel
Mar 25 2021, 02:19 PM
trying anything to plow on my farms and i can't... first time noticing this

marymarcel
Mar 25 2021, 02:56 PM
trying anything to plow on my farms and i can't... first time noticing this

Hi Myshel :)

You have to show everything in your preferences to see where you can plow.

If that is not your problem, please let us know which exact steps you are following, which size tool you are using and the link to the farm where you have problems.

T4Tammy
Mar 25 2021, 11:14 PM
I stumbled on a way to set the crops you need, but I totally forgot how I did it. Now, if my superneighbors plant on my farm, they cannot change the crops. The crops are stuck on the ones I suggested. Can you help, please?

Taz D
Mar 25 2021, 11:18 PM
I stumbled on a way to set the crops you need, but I totally forgot how I did it. Now, if my superneighbors plant on my farm, they cannot change the crops. The crops are stuck on the ones I suggested. Can you help, please?
Hi T4Tammy,
The way you set those are with the Super Neighbor Manager.

keetakeets
Mar 29 2021, 10:34 AM
I just got the equipment to fertilize my farms for crops. It says they stay fertilized for 3 days. Does the fertilized farms show brown instead of green when I look up all my farms? Just wondering how you tell if they are still fertilized.

Taz D
Mar 29 2021, 10:44 AM
I just got the equipment to fertilize my farms for crops. It says they stay fertilized for 3 days. Does the fertilized farms show brown instead of green when I look up all my farms? Just wondering how you tell if they are still fertilized.
Hi Keetakeets,
I moved your post to the Help & Support subject thread about crops.
Yes the farms in the farm selector that are an olive drab color are fertilized. They will stay that way until the 3 days are up for them. If you are on a farm you can hover over the manure spreader and see how much time is left for that farm as well.

LisaScobee
Apr 14 2021, 07:43 PM
On Farm 9 (Taste Of New Zealand) on my account I have Broccoli showing ready to harvest but when I go to the market and select to hire people that farm does not show as "ready" when I go to click on people to hire and then select which farm they're to work on. My farm ID is in my "signature". I have cleared my "memcache".

Taz D
Apr 14 2021, 07:51 PM
On Farm 9 (Taste Of New Zealand) on my account I have Broccoli showing ready to harvest but when I go to the market and select to hire people that farm does not show as "ready" when I go to click on people to hire and then select which farm they're to work on. My farm ID is in my "signature". I have cleared my "memcache".
Hi LisaScobee,
If you had just updated the SHow Work in the SHow Names prior to the crop being ready then it will not update and show that work for 10 minutes, 5 minutes if you own the Mobile Lookout Tower.

If you know the farm is ready when you go to the market to hire you can just select the farm rather than clicking on Show Work when you are hiring.

LisaScobee
Apr 14 2021, 07:59 PM
Hi LisaScobee,
If you had just updated the SHow Work in the SHow Names prior to the crop being ready then it will not update and show that work for 10 minutes, 5 minutes if you own the Mobile Lookout Tower.

If you know the farm is ready when you go to the market to hire you can just select the farm rather than clicking on Show Work when you are hiring.

Tried that. Can't click on the farm in the farm selector and it doesn't show up green either. Don't own the Mobile Lookout Tower.

LisaScobee
Apr 14 2021, 08:02 PM
Tried that. Can't click on the farm in the farm selector and it doesn't show up green either. Don't own the Mobile Lookout Tower.

I got it to work but I had to go to the market, click on the pink H then click on a farmer and select what I want the farmer to do then click to select the farm. That's not the way I usually do it.

Taz D
Apr 14 2021, 08:09 PM

I got it to work but I had to go to the market, click on the pink H then click on a farmer and select what I want the farmer to do then click to select the farm. That's not the way I usually do it.
Hi LisaScobee,
It will not work if you have already clicked on the Show Work. But if you close and try to hire again and don't click on the Show Work when you get to that pop up and only click on the farm then it does work.
It is not the way I normally do it either, but that is how you get around it not showing in the Show Work yet.

LisaScobee
Apr 14 2021, 08:12 PM
Hi LisaScobee,
It will not work if you have already clicked on the Show Work. But if you close and try to hire again and don't click on the Show Work when you get to that pop up and only click on the farm then it does work.
It is not the way I normally do it either, but that is how you get around it not showing in the Show Work yet.

Thx for trying to explain it. :)

LisaScobee
Apr 14 2021, 10:02 PM
Hi LisaScobee,

I forgot to ask. How long have you been playing?

Taz D
Apr 14 2021, 11:46 PM
I forgot to ask. How long have you been playing?
Hi LisaScobee,
Since April 2010.

cariadstar
Apr 17 2021, 01:46 AM
My farm machinery wont work or disappears completely. I buy replacement machinery and when I try to use it they have disappeared as well.

JoAnne07
Apr 17 2021, 02:22 AM
I upgraded two of my farms and now find that I cannot re-plow them. With the add to storage item, it will take me forever to remove the trees on these farms. Is there any way I can now plow these farms without removing trees and flowers etc.? [Mod edit: layering instruction removed] I CANNOT PLOW THESE FIELDS..PLEASE HELP

Tiger
Apr 17 2021, 06:09 AM
My farm machinery wont work or disappears completely. I buy replacement machinery and when I try to use it they have disappeared as well.

Hi cariadstar,

Thank you for your ID.

Most of your tools are on your farm 1, you also have some on farms 2,4,5,6. You may find it easier to show just the tools in your game preferences to go farm to farm to find them.

You only need one of each type of tool if you put them into storage. That will then show them in your toolbox so you can use them from there on any of your farms.

As you don't have a great deal of storage, I suggest where you have multiples of the same tool, you only put one of each of those into storage so they don't use too many spaces.

It's best to do this so the game can see which ones you already own. Please don't sell all the smaller size tools you need to keep one of each to be able to upgrade to bigger sizes.

When you start buying FC tools and items, those don't use up any of your item spaces.

Tiger
Apr 17 2021, 06:26 AM
I upgraded two of my farms and now find that I cannot re-plow them. With the add to storage item, it will take me forever to remove the trees on these farms. Is there any way I can now plow these farms without removing trees and flowers etc.? [Mod edit: layering instruction removed] I CANNOT PLOW THESE FIELDS..PLEASE HELP

Hi JoAnne07,

I am sorry but what you are trying to do is layer. We are aware that not all the methods to layer are working.

Layering can and has caused problems with farms so we are not permitted to provide information on which ones may or may not be working or allow anyone to post them either. We do not know if they will all be possible to do again. The concentration is to get the game back to normal, there are a lot of features still to be tested and added back to the game.

RomanticSoul
Apr 20 2021, 08:33 AM
noticing when I harvest plow and plant. then go back the next day. the game doesnt remember i replanted new crops. and old crops have gone to waste. Happened on my wifes farms this morning. Planted 1 day crops. the crops previous planted were back and gone to waste.

marymarcel
Apr 20 2021, 08:56 AM
noticing when I harvest plow and plant. then go back the next day. the game doesnt remember i replanted new crops. and old crops have gone to waste. Happened on my wifes farms this morning. Planted 1 day crops. the crops previous planted were back and gone to waste.

Hi RomanticSoul :)

Were you working as superneighbor? is this the first time this problem happens?

Please provide a link to your wife farm or your wife user id number (she can find it in the message above the game screen) and tell us which farm has that problem.

Deluxxe
Apr 21 2021, 11:16 AM
I have a farm that have trees, fish and flowers and plots. My plotting was a mess. So I deleted all plots and wanted to re-plot for my crops. For some reason I'm not able to re-plot my farm.

any advise on what my problem might be?

Taz D
Apr 21 2021, 11:26 AM
I have a farm that have trees, fish and flowers and plots. My plotting was a mess. So I deleted all plots and wanted to re-plot for my crops. For some reason I'm not able to re-plot my farm.

any advise on what my problem might be?
Hi Deluxxe,
I moved your post to the subject thread about plowing.
I am sorry, but what you are asking about is lyering. We are not allowed and can not allow anyone to post instructions on layering in the forums. We can not tell you what layerng tricks are wirking or what tricks will work after the game is completely released.
Even though layering is allowed it is possible this can cause problems with your farms.

Gaylene Moorehead
Apr 21 2021, 03:30 PM
I sent in a reply this morning but after checking it again what happen when i go to plant a whole bunch of y come up together and nothing is planted.

marymarcel
Apr 21 2021, 03:53 PM
I sent in a reply this morning but after checking it again what happen when i go to plant a whole bunch of y come up together and nothing is planted.

Hi Gaylene Moorehead :)

Im sorry but this is the first post about this problem you post on the forums.

Could it be possible you send a ticket to Support instead? If so please check your spam folder to see if Support response is there.

Also, if you wish, please let us know exactly what is happening when you plant, which tool you use, if you are planting your own farm or you are working as super neighbor.

If the problem is in a specific farm, let us know which one and also provide your id number. You can find it in the message above the game screen.

Lip
Apr 25 2021, 11:59 AM
I have been off Farm Town for a few months. The last time I was really active you could still layer your farms. I know that it was a glitch in the system and not meant to be part of the game. I have been unable to use the technique and I was wondering if that glitch has been fixed. Please let me know and forgive me if this was not an acceptable way to ask.

Taz D
Apr 25 2021, 12:07 PM
I have been off Farm Town for a few months. The last time I was really active you could still layer your farms. I know that it was a glitch in the system and not meant to be part of the game. I have been unable to use the technique and I was wondering if that glitch has been fixed. Please let me know and forgive me if this was not an acceptable way to ask.
Hi Lip,
I have moved your post to the subject thread about crops.
I am sorry, but we can not offer any information on what layering tricks are working or not or if they will work again later. Nor can any instructions be posted in the forums for layering as those can cause problems with your farms.

Lip
Apr 25 2021, 07:53 PM
Hi Taz.
Thank you for your response. I did read the statement under "Is it cheating" (I think that was the title of the thread) about layering messing up your farm and the game. I will refrain from doing it unless it becomes a real farm town technique.

michelle jo
Apr 27 2021, 11:16 AM
hi i was wondering why all my crops are disappearing on my farms 17 and 29 have done all that needs doing to clear stuff and still disappearing i will have 2 farms with no crops at this rate lol thanks for your help

Taz D
Apr 27 2021, 11:24 AM
hi i was wondering why all my crops are disappearing on my farms 17 and 29 have done all that needs doing to clear stuff and still disappearing i will have 2 farms with no crops at this rate lol thanks for your help
Hi Michelle jo,
Please provide your User ID, so we can check those farms. You can find it in the banner above your farms.

Deluxxe
Apr 27 2021, 01:34 PM
I have just extended my farm 36 with the idea I would plot and then plant crops. I deleted all the trees on that farm and placed the fish into storage. I refreshed Farmtown and tried to plot. Well, the area where I once had my fish and trees will not allow me to plot in that area. I was told a few days ago that stacking ones farm is not allowed.
So as I stated, I removed and cleared farm 36. Now I'm still unable to plot.
A little help here would be nice.

marymarcel
Apr 27 2021, 01:44 PM
I have just extended my farm 36 with the idea I would plot and then plant crops. I deleted all the trees on that farm and placed the fish into storage. I refreshed Farmtown and tried to plot. Well, the area where I once had my fish and trees will not allow me to plot in that area. I was told a few days ago that stacking ones farm is not allowed.
So as I stated, I removed and cleared farm 36. Now I'm still unable to plot.
A little help here would be nice.

Hi Deluxxe :)

I moved your post to the thread about Plowing, Seeding or Harvesting where your previous post was also moved and answered.

I visited your farm 36 and it is almost empty, you have facilities in the upper right corner.

If you are trying to plow x9 then we cant help you. You should be able to plow that farm for single plots, but plowing multiple is a trick and we cant give you any instructions or allow anyone to post them on the forums.
Also, we do not know which method, if any, is working to do that kind of plowing.

michelle jo
Apr 28 2021, 01:53 AM
hi taz my user id is 737671138 thank you

Tiger
Apr 28 2021, 05:41 AM
hi taz my user id is 737671138 thank you

Hi michelle jo,

Taz is not available at this time. Thank you for your ID.

I took a look at both of those farms and there is a lot of layered items on top of each other which has probably caused some plots to go missing. That's something that can happen at any time when you layer. What may have been fine for a long time can still go wrong later as layering put more data on the farm than is supposed to be there so it can corrupt the farm and cause random items to disappear.

michelle jo
Apr 28 2021, 06:11 AM
ok thank you tiger for your reply it makes it hard to replace them with the update and that going on cos it won't let me plow lol but thanks i understand just thought i would ask

Tiger
Apr 28 2021, 06:48 AM
ok thank you tiger for your reply it makes it hard to replace them with the update and that going on cos it won't let me plow lol but thanks i understand just thought i would ask

Hi michelle jo,

You are welcome. We are aware that not all previous methods to various types of layering are working and that some can't do the ones that are still possible. I'm afraid we don't know if all of them will work again in the future.

As you have run into a problem with those farms, I would not encourage you to put any more on them. The more layering you put on a farm the greater the risk that it can corrupt so you could end up with a bigger problem than you have now. If it was my farm, I wouldn't put any more on it and would consider reducing what was already there. Entirely up to you what you want to do or try of course.

michelle jo
Apr 28 2021, 09:07 AM
ok thanks for advice it is always welcome fingers crossed all the things we could do before will come bk if not will have to work round it the team are doing a brill job just glad we still got the game to play thanks again

chubbyal
Apr 29 2021, 10:29 AM
Hi
Before the changeover I was able to plow from the very edge of the field even when there were facilities sitting on the edge all the way down the left side of the field sitting on the edge. Now when I try, it appears red and I need to move one in before green appears. What do I do to get the red squares to appear again. Thanks for all your help. much appreciated.

Taz D
Apr 29 2021, 10:46 AM
Hi
Before the changeover I was able to plow from the very edge of the field even when there were facilities sitting on the edge all the way down the left side of the field sitting on the edge. Now when I try, it appears red and I need to move one in before green appears. What do I do to get the red squares to appear again. Thanks for all your help. much appreciated.
Hi Chubbyal,
Please do not post specific instructions for layering techniques. They are not allowed in the forums.
The red squares when you hide something have not been added back in yet. There isn't anything you can do to get those until the developers add that back in.
We can not help you with any layering tricks as we are not allowed to post instructions nor is anyone else allowed to post those in the forums. We do not know what tricks are working now or in the future at this time. The developers are concentrating on getting the rest of the game functions added back in currently.

pkd868893
Apr 29 2021, 11:52 AM
I was away since before all the program changes and just recently returned to farming. Is there a new way of layering?

Taz D
Apr 29 2021, 11:57 AM
I was away since before all the program changes and just recently returned to farming. Is there a new way of layering?
Hi Pkd,
I am sorry, but we are not allowed to provide instructions about any layering tricks nor can we allow anyone else to post those. Layering can cause problems with your farms.

pkd868893
Apr 29 2021, 12:05 PM
Thank you, Sorry. Does this mean if If I want to start farming again I have to move off all my trees, flowers and items just to lay plow? Just to much trouble and not worth it if i lose space for trees flowers if i do crops or if i done same i lose other if I do opposite.

Taz D
Apr 29 2021, 12:14 PM
Thank you, Sorry. Does this mean if If I want to start farming again I have to move off all my trees, flowers and items just to lay plow? Just to much trouble and not worth it if i lose space for trees flowers if i do crops or if i done same i lose other if I do opposite.
Hi Pkd,
We don't know what layering tricks work or don't work, nor do we know what will work in the future when all the functions have been restored in the game.

Pampam552
May 01 2021, 10:20 PM
My ID is 1529587353 my farm 38 has a field that isnt showing except for a few seconds that I can delete. it wont let me plow the field correctly. I have cleared my cache and it is still there. How can I reset that field so it will plow correctly? there nothing on that farm

Taz D
May 01 2021, 10:29 PM
My ID is 1529587353 my farm 38 has a field that isnt showing except for a few seconds that I can delete. it wont let me plow the field correctly. I have cleared my cache and it is still there. How can I reset that field so it will plow correctly? there nothing on that farm
Hi Pampam,
I moved your post to the subject thread about plowing.
If it is only there for a few seconds don't worry with it. You should still be able to plow the whole farm without any trouble. We have had reports of "stray" plots showing up, but they do not interfere with normal operation of the farms.
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.

Pampam552
May 01 2021, 10:48 PM
still didnt work

Taz D
May 01 2021, 10:50 PM
still didnt work
Hi Pampam,
The only other thing I can suggest is to contact Support.
To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

MOM GLENDA
May 02 2021, 05:30 PM
had problems hpp my farms today i did 4 farms then the next farm want load.i have to reload the farm then it do 4 more then want load next farm .it was like that with all 43 farms.i went hpp for a friend it hpp 2 farms then would not load next farm. what it is doing it freezing up i cannot do anything unless i reload my farm .i had to go back to my farm then back to hers ever 2 farms i did. i stoped clean the google browser and did the memcaced,it still did the same.i have never had this problem before

Taz D
May 02 2021, 05:39 PM
had problems hpp my farms today i did 4 farms then the next farm want load.i have to reload the farm then it do 4 more then want load next farm .it was like that with all 43 farms.i went hpp for a friend it hpp 2 farms then would not load next farm.i had to go back to my farm then back to hers ever 2 farms i did. i stoped clean the google browser and did the memcaced,it still did the same.i have never had this problem before
Hi Mom Glenda,
With layered farms this does tend to happen. They tend to use more memory and that can bogged your farms down at least in this version. There isn't anything that can be done right now, except for what you are doing now.

MOM GLENDA
May 02 2021, 06:36 PM
i have a new i-7 laptop with 6 processor . it is only using a very small amt of memory .i have not downloading anything on it .it got lot of memory

MOM GLENDA
May 02 2021, 06:39 PM
i been having 512 mg bites showing under my farm it is now showing only 256 under my farm

Taz D
May 02 2021, 06:42 PM
i have a new i-7 laptop with 6 processor . it is only using a very small amt of memory .i have not downloading anything on it .it got lot of memory
Hi Mom Glenda,
It doesn't matter how much memory you have. It is how much video memory and how much is allocated to the browser. Maybe when the developers get the game completely added back in , they can look at ways to get this down as the have done in the past for Flash.

MOM GLENDA
May 02 2021, 07:43 PM
i have loaded my farm fast .then loaded the farms one after the other also hpp fast with no problems since the change until today . i cannot handle this if it keeps on with my hands like they are .i bought all the big tools because of my hands .the RA arthritis has them messed up .i wearing braces on them to help with the pain. it has all been hpp loading without problems until today . praying it stops and works like it been working .if not i cannot play . after 12 years of playing i do not want to stop . the clicking reloading constantly is to much ,hurts my hands

Taz D
May 02 2021, 07:48 PM
i have loaded my farm fast .then loaded the farms one after the other also hpp fast with no problems since the change until today . i cannot handle this if it keeps on with my hands like they are .i bought all the big tools because of my hands .the RA arthritis has them messed up .i wearing braces on them to help with the pain. it has all been hpp loading without problems until today . praying it stops and works like it been working .if not i cannot play . after 12 years of playing i do not want to stop . the clicking reloading constantly is to much ,hurts my hands
Hi Mom Glenda,
Maybe it will clear up for you later, but there isn't anything we can do. Only thing I can suggest is to try restarting your computer and maybe your modem/router and see if that helps.

Aussie Mark
May 06 2021, 09:37 PM
10217518303690186 user Id

Large tools harvest sow plant are not picking up all plots .

I have a row on farm 3 on my farm where if I use smaller tools it picks up all plots. But the bigger the tool its starts missing a whole row and you have to do them one by one or a couple at a time.

I have noticed this when using the large tools on other peoples farms as well. Some times I have to go 3 x 3 plots or 4 x 4 plots all the way down when your are using a large tool which should be picking up all plots.

And no the plots are not crooked, well not on my farm 3 they are not.

Taz D
May 06 2021, 09:46 PM
10217518303690186 user Id

Large tools harvest sow plant are not picking up all plots .

I have a row on farm 3 on my farm where if I use smaller tools it picks up all plots. But the bigger the tool its starts missing a whole row and you have to do them one by one or a couple at a time.

I have noticed this when using the large tools on other peoples farms as well. Some times I have to go 3 x 3 plots or 4 x 4 plots all the way down when your are using a large tool which should be picking up all plots.

And no the plots are not crooked, well not on my farm 3 they are not.
Hi Aussie Mark,
Are you sure you are getting the larger tools set with the yellow outline in the correct spot for the first row? I can't duplicate this. Try refreshing the farm before you start.

kathylbf
May 10 2021, 08:38 PM
Hi JoAnne07,

I am sorry but what you are trying to do is layer. We are aware that not all the methods to layer are working.

Layering can and has caused problems with farms so we are not permitted to provide information on which ones may or may not be working or allow anyone to post them either. We do not know if they will all be possible to do again. The concentration is to get the game back to normal, there are a lot of features still to be tested and added back to the game.

Am I too understand that it is considered LAYERING to have plots under trees and flowers,, etc? but yet using purple hand those items can be placed on a plowed/planted farm???????

Taz D
May 10 2021, 08:47 PM
Am I too understand that it is considered LAYERING to have plots under trees and flowers,, etc? but yet using purple hand those items can be placed on a plowed/planted farm???????
Hi Kathylbf,
Yes it is considered layering and requires a layering trick to be able to layer the trees and flowers over the crop fields. You can not place them on the crops and fields without using a layering trick even with the purple hand.

bbarksda
May 12 2021, 03:55 PM
In the previous version, when we selected a crop to plant it would default back to that crop to select when working the next farm. Please make it where it defaults back to the crop that we planted on the previous farm. The way it is now, it is easy to select the wrong crop than intended. Thanks for your help.

Taz D
May 12 2021, 04:02 PM
In the previous version, when we selected a crop to plant it would default back to that crop to select when working the next farm. Please make it where it defaults back to the crop that we planted on the previous farm. The way it is now, it is easy to select the wrong crop than intended. Thanks for your help.
Hi bbarksda,
If you want to make a suggestion please post it in the Suggestions section.

jcloud5078
May 17 2021, 06:05 PM
i always stack 4 fields that i use for crops and then on top of that i stack 2 more fields for trees or flowers......... the problem i am encountering is that now when i do this the trees or flowers are fine but the stack fields are intermittant.......... some show only a few crops but always big empty spaces where there should be crops but there are none..... i have 4 farms that are like this? how can i fix this?

Taz D
May 17 2021, 06:13 PM
i always stack 4 fields that i use for crops and then on top of that i stack 2 more fields for trees or flowers......... the problem i am encountering is that now when i do this the trees or flowers are fine but the stack fields are intermittant.......... some show only a few crops but always big empty spaces where there should be crops but there are none..... i have 4 farms that are like this? how can i fix this?
Hi Jcloud,
You were already answered about this for you post in the Game Migration Updates thread.
Here is a link to the answer:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6447030&postcount=4073

When you can't find your posts try the instructions in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594766

The answer to your posts will be 1 or 2 posts below yours.

JoAnne07
May 21 2021, 12:49 AM
I have not been able to plow (after I extended my farm 14) for over a month now. It will accept plowing over the new section but not the old.
COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP BY TELLING ME HOW TO DO THIS?
[Mod edit: layering instructions removed]

Tiger
May 21 2021, 04:28 AM
I have not been able to plow (after I extended my farm 14) for over a month now. It will accept plowing over the new section but not the old.
COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP BY TELLING ME HOW TO DO THIS?
[Mod edit: layering instructions removed]

Hi JOAnne07,

I have moved your post to the thread about plowing.

I'm sorry but what you are describing is layering. Layering can and has caused problems so we are not permitted to give or let anyone provide instructions for which layering methods may or may not be working at this time. We are aware that not all previous methods are working, we do not know if they will all work in the future.

anjovi6
May 28 2021, 06:32 PM
USER ID 1209095773

With the new update and the addition of farm 44, after planting trees and adding about 15 facilities I cannot plow the farm. tried several different ways with no luck.

marymarcel
May 28 2021, 06:38 PM
USER ID 1209095773

With the new update and the addition of farm 44, after planting trees and adding about 15 facilities I cannot plow the farm. tried several different ways with no luck.

Hi anjovi6 :)

If you are trying to plow under those items, then that is a trick and neither us nor other users are allowed to give instructions on the forum.

Cynthia Shear
May 28 2021, 07:27 PM
Any help with this will be appreciated.

Taz D
May 28 2021, 07:35 PM
Any help with this will be appreciated.
Hi Cynthia Shear,
I moved your post to the subject thread about harvesting.

What happens when you try to do so?
If those trees have just become ready please try refreshing the farm. I don't see any of the log trucks or tree shaker tools in your account so the only tools you have that will do those are the axe and the swing blade.

anjovi6
May 29 2021, 05:37 AM
If i remove all the trees and facilities and the plow the farm will I be able to add facilities and trees like all my other farms

Tiger
May 29 2021, 06:14 AM
If i remove all the trees and facilities and the plow the farm will I be able to add facilities and trees like all my other farms

Hi anjovi6,

Are you asking if you could put the facilities and trees on top of plowed fields? If so, then no you are not supposed to do that. That's a layering method which we are not permitted to help with or allow anyone to post them as layering can cause problems. We are aware that not all previous methods are working. I'm sorry but we do not know if any that are or are not working will be working in the future.

Aussie Rae
Jun 02 2021, 08:27 PM
ok I may be having a brain freeze, when I am trying to harvest a few Orange Trees for my normal quest, once I pick up the single tool, I am unable to harvest, a big eye appears.. never has in the past, if I click on the eye, all the trees vanish.. ugh.. HELP!!

marymarcel
Jun 02 2021, 08:30 PM
ok I may be having a brain freeze, when I am trying to harvest a few Orange Trees for my normal quest, once I pick up the single tool, I am unable to harvest, a big eye appears.. never has in the past, if I click on the eye, all the trees vanish.. ugh.. HELP!!

Hi Aussie Rae :)

This issue was already sent to the developers.

While we wait for them to fix it, please go to your prefernences, the wrench, and put a check mark to Show Crops, Show Trees and Show Flowers.

That way you will be able to use the scythe for harvesting them. To be clear, if you want to use the scythe to harvest trees and flowers you have to put a check mark to Show Crops too.

Aussie Rae
Jun 02 2021, 08:36 PM
Hi Aussie Rae :)

This issue was already sent to the developers.

While we wait for them to fix it, please go to your prefernences, the wrench, and put a check mark to Show Crops, Show Trees and Show Flowers.

That way you will be able to use the scythe for harvesting them. To be clear, if you want to use the scythe to harvest trees and flowers you have to put a check mark to Show Crops too.

many thanks marymarcel, I will do that and as this is the first time it has happened to me it really threw me for a loop, LOL thanks again..

dorissau
Jun 03 2021, 10:32 AM
Could someone PLEASE go look at my farm #6 (Dutchtown) and tell me what those unworkable spots are and how in the world I can get rid of them. I've tried posting a screen shot and it won't post here. This has been going on for couple months ... random farms and sometimes 4-5 of my farms.

Taz D
Jun 03 2021, 10:47 AM
Could someone PLEASE go look at my farm #6 (Dutchtown) and tell me what those unworkable spots are and how in the world I can get rid of them. I've tried posting a screen shot and it won't post here. This has been going on for couple months ... random farms and sometimes 4-5 of my farms.
Hi Dorissau,
I have looked at your farm 6, but I am not sure what or where you are talking about for unworkable spots.
Instructions on how to post a picture here are in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=642878

If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and see if they disappear.

dorissau
Jun 03 2021, 11:41 AM
Thanks, Taz... I have a screenshot, but it won't post. If you hide everything on that farm, you will see the unworked squares I'm talking about. Did the memcache.

dorissau
Jun 03 2021, 12:02 PM
http://r1.slashkey.com/images/Tiger/odds/dorissau 03 JUNE 2021.png

dorissau
Jun 03 2021, 12:04 PM
OK Taz... I think that worked! I am pretty klutzy with instructions, but thanks for helping me. Went to two other farms and those things are like the plague... they are everywhere now. UGH

docmm6
Jun 03 2021, 12:23 PM
When I see them occasionally as I work by refreshing the farm they disappear.

Tiger
Jun 03 2021, 01:30 PM
OK Taz... I think that worked! I am pretty klutzy with instructions, but thanks for helping me. Went to two other farms and those things are like the plague... they are everywhere now. UGH

Hi dorissau,

Taz is not available at the moment. Thank you for the picture, I've reduced it to a better size suited for the forum.

Ok you have several problems. I'm only looking at Farm 6 at this time. I strongly suggest you only work at correcting one farm and see what kind of problems you run into, if any, before you decide to try and correct any other issues on other farms.

Those plots hanging off the off the bottom edges of the farm shouldn't be there at all. Do you recall when that happened? Those must be deleted. That's the least thing you can do on that farm and the the first thing you need to try before we can suggest anything else because if you can't get rid of those it makes a difference on what we can suggest next. Try the yellow bulldozer and see if you can get rid of just the ones hanging off the bottom of the edges of the farm.

The plots in the middle that you can't plant may be corrupted and that can happen due to the layering you have done on that farm. Try just deleting the extra ones off the bottom edges, refresh the farm and see if that corrects the problem with planting the ones that are on the farm.

Please be aware that should you decide to delete any of the layered plots that you can't plant to try and get rid of them, not all methods of layering are working so you may not be able to replace them and then you would have blank spots where ground cover would show through.

dorissau
Jun 03 2021, 02:18 PM
Thanks for suggestions, Tiger. This has been going on for a month... the plots off the main farm cannot be deleted nor will the ones in the middle delete. I did clean cache and clean memcache. none works. If I refresh the farm, the spots won't show until I clear the crop or just hide everything. After I posted as Taz asked me to do, a few of my neighbors have said they are experiencing the same thing. I am trying hard to just ignore those blasted things. Oh, and they are also on my quest farm that is NOT layered nor has it ever been!

marymarcel
Jun 03 2021, 02:23 PM
Thanks for suggestions, Tiger. This has been going on for a month... the plots off the main farm cannot be deleted nor will the ones in the middle delete. I did clean cache and clean memcache. none works. If I refresh the farm, the spots won't show until I clear the crop or just hide everything. After I posted as Taz asked me to do, a few of my neighbors have said they are experiencing the same thing. I am trying hard to just ignore those blasted things. Oh, and they are also on my quest farm that is NOT layered nor has it ever been!

Hi dorissau :)

Tiger is not available at this time.

Im sorry you are having this problems but as you were not able to delete the plots hanging outside your farm, it is better to contact Support and let them check your farms.

To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

If you dont find the automatic response, then please read the following thread:

If your neighbors are having the same problem, please ask them to post on the forum so we can check the farms and try to help them.

Douglas Shear
Jun 08 2021, 08:16 AM
This function keeps going out for me. It stays out for days.
I am able to chop those specific trees but just can not harvest those trees that are ready to harvest.
Please help. Is there something I can do to get this working for me?
I work on quests every day & usually there is one tree to harvest so I am not getting my quests done because of this tree issue.
Thank you for any help you can give me.

Taz D
Jun 08 2021, 09:25 AM
This function keeps going out for me. It stays out for days.
I am able to chop those specific trees but just can not harvest those trees that are ready to harvest.
Please help. Is there something I can do to get this working for me?
I work on quests every day & usually there is one tree to harvest so I am not getting my quests done because of this tree issue.
Thank you for any help you can give me.
Hi Douglas Shear,
I moved your post to the subject thread about harvesting.
As you do not own any of the tree shaker tools, you have to use the scythe to harvest them. It it will not highlight the tree you are trying to harvest, try refreshing the farm and see if it will highlight after that.

Douglas Shear
Jun 09 2021, 07:20 AM
I can't harvest my ready trees. I can chop those that need to be chopped but just can't do the harvesting ones. This function stays off for days, then comes back on, all of a sudden. Now it is off again. This function stopped Sun morning this time, it is Wed. a.m. now. Thank you for any help you can give me. I work on regular quests every day. Not being able to harvest ready trees is keeping me from getting these quests. ~Cynthia~

Douglas Shear
Jun 09 2021, 07:23 AM
I was told to refresh. How do I do that. Have never done that before. I am using the scythe to try to harvest trees. I do not have any tree shaker tools. ~Cynthia~

Tiger
Jun 09 2021, 08:27 AM
I can't harvest my ready trees. I can chop those that need to be chopped but just can't do the harvesting ones. This function stays off for days, then comes back on, all of a sudden. Now it is off again. This function stopped Sun morning this time, it is Wed. a.m. now. Thank you for any help you can give me. I work on regular quests every day. Not being able to harvest ready trees is keeping me from getting these quests. ~Cynthia~

I was told by someone to refresh. How do I do that. Have never done that before.

Hi Douglas Shear,

Are you using the single harvest tool to harvest your trees with crops not showing? If you are there is a bug with that at the moment which is being fixed. All you need to do for now, is show your crops as well as your trees and then the harvest trees will show up so you can harvest them.

For future reference, when someone asks you to try refreshing the farm that you are on, look in the green grid top left of your game screen. The farm you are on will have a yellow background. All you do to refresh that farm is click on that yellow rectangle and the farm will refresh.

In this example this farmer has 32 farms and the one that they are on is farm 1 in the grid which is yellow:

http://r1.slashkey.com/images/gameguide/land upgrades/Farm grid.PNG

Stephent1
Jun 10 2021, 04:23 PM
ID 656861489 - time remaining on crops not necessarily calculated correctly
- 12:39 EST June 10th, I had a Blueberry crop planted with approximately 21 hours left showing until they're ready to harvest
- 5:10pm EST, my Blueberry crop shows 14.7 hours left showing until they're ready to harvest
- so approximately 17 hours after my first status above, the crops show as having grown for approximately 6-7 hours (21 hours - 14.7 hours).

marymarcel
Jun 10 2021, 04:39 PM
ID 656861489 - time remaining on crops not necessarily calculated correctly
- 12:39 EST June 10th, I had a Blueberry crop planted with approximately 21 hours left showing until they're ready to harvest
- 5:10pm EST, my Blueberry crop shows 14.7 hours left showing until they're ready to harvest
- so approximately 17 hours after my first status above, the crops show as having grown for approximately 6-7 hours (21 hours - 14.7 hours).

Hi Stephent1 :)

I moved your post to the thread about Plowing, Seeding and Harvesting.

You posted 12:39 EST June 10th, is this time AM or PM, if it is PM then there is no issues with the growing times.

Also I visited some of your farms and for example from farm 5 to farm 12 you have different 3 days crops planted. All of them are showing the same time as the blueberries to be ready to be harvested.

RomanticSoul
Jul 04 2021, 11:19 AM

Were you working as superneighbor? is this the first time this problem happens?

Please provide a link to your wife farm or your wife user id number (she can find it in the message above the game screen) and tell us which farm has that problem.

Your Facebook USER ID number is: 100000279114358
Your Facebook USER ID number is: 1459263404
Your Facebook USER ID number is: 1628440002
Your Facebook USER ID number is: 100005157309603

and yes working as super neighbor on the farms. Everything gets replanted with another crop. come back the next day and old crop is still there. happened again yesterday. Planted 3 days crops. all done. got back on yesterday and 4 hour crops where still there. like i hadn't replanted. have had it happen multiple times on all farms.

Taz D
Jul 04 2021, 11:41 AM
Your Facebook USER ID number is: 100000279114358
Your Facebook USER ID number is: 1459263404
Your Facebook USER ID number is: 1628440002
Your Facebook USER ID number is: 100005157309603

and yes working as super neighbor on the farms. Everything gets replanted with another crop. come back the next day and old crop is still there. happened again yesterday. Planted 3 days crops. all done. got back on yesterday and 4 hour crops where still there. like i hadn't replanted. have had it happen multiple times on all farms.
Hi RomantiSoul,
Is this happen on all 4 IDs you provided?

Are you getting any errors while working or when you finish working?
Are the previous crops showing as ready still or wasted?

It sounds like your work is not being saved. You might try clicking the save button after finishing replanting each farm.

RomanticSoul
Jul 05 2021, 08:23 AM
Hi RomantiSoul,
Is this happen on all 4 IDs you provided?

Are you getting any errors while working or when you finish working?
Are the previous crops showing as ready still or wasted?

It sounds like your work is not being saved. You might try clicking the save button after finishing replanting each farm.

Yep all four. Ill do all farms like i did in flash. No errors occuor. Come back the next day and previous planted items still there. sometimes gone to waste depending on time left on previously planted item.

RomanticSoul
Jul 05 2021, 08:45 AM
Yep all four. Ill do all farms like i did in flash. No errors occuor. Come back the next day and previous planted items still there. sometimes gone to waste depending on time left on previously planted item.

had auto select on tools. this farm was done. checked worked on farms. this is my moms farm. went back to that farm and some said not replanted even tho it already was.

marymarcel
Jul 05 2021, 08:51 AM

Please ask you superneighbors to clear memcache for every account you are having problems and also clear memcache for your account.

Click in the link below and a new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and the farm if it is open in another tab. Then reopen the farms.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached

After that, start working in one of the accounts. When a farm is done, see if the save icon shows red numbers or it is still blue. In any case you have to wait till the save icon is white.
Just to be sure your work was saved, refresh the farm and check if something is back.
If not, go to work the following farm and be sure to follow the same instructions.

If you see some work was not done after checking the save icon and refreshing the farm then:

. Come back here and post the id number for that account and which farm is presenting problems.

. Let us know which jobs you did and were not saved.

. If the job not saved was crops, let us know which crops you tried to harvest and which crop you tried to plant.

RomanticSoul
Jul 05 2021, 10:19 AM

Please ask you superneighbors to clear memcache for every account you are having problems and also clear memcache for your account.

Click in the link below and a new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and the farm if it is open in another tab. Then reopen the farms.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached

After that, start working in one of the accounts. When a farm is done, see if the save icon shows red numbers or it is still blue. In any case you have to wait till the save icon is white.
Just to be sure your work was saved, refresh the farm and check if something is back.
If not, go to work the following farm and be sure to follow the same instructions.

If you see some work was not done after checking the save icon and refreshing the farm then:

. Come back here and post the id number for that account and which farm is presenting problems.

. If the job not saved was crops, let us know which crops you tried to harvest and which crop you tried to plant.

Didn't have to clear memcache or save just have to check that all work is done like it said it is. if not go back and finish it. all started after we switched to html 5. never had a problem on flash. today only happened on my moms farms.

marymarcel
Jul 05 2021, 12:45 PM
Didn't have to clear memcache or save just have to check that all work is done like it said it is. if not go back and finish it. all started after we switched to html 5. never had a problem on flash. today only happened on my moms farms.

We asked you to do some things because those help us to try to find what is causing your problem.

The memcache clears your data on the server and forces it to be reloaded, so you get a clean load.

We are not on those farms so we cant see if you are getting red numbers after doing jobs, so we asked you to check that. If you try to go to other farm while you still have red numbers or the icon is still blue, then some jobs could not be saved.

You posted various ID numbers in another post, but not the names, so we dont know which one is tied to your mom farm. Also, we dont know in which farm was the problem for the picture you posted.

. Please, if you want us to check, then post the id number for the account you are getting the problem and also the farm name.

harrywhitmore@comcast.net
Jul 08 2021, 02:50 AM
where can i find lists of farm seeds ?

Tiger
Jul 08 2021, 06:09 AM
where can i find lists of farm seeds ?

Hi harrywhitmore,

I have moved your post to the help and support section related to seeds.

Do you mean in the Game Guide?

Unlock levels for seeds are in Chapter 25 Levels and Unlocking:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6305830#post6305830

Where crops are used are in Chapter 27 Ingredients of Farm Town:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644326

Lovebirds
Jul 11 2021, 09:07 AM
On farm 6, it is showing that the crops are ready however they are not. They still have 20 hours left. What do I need to do to fix this?

Taz D
Jul 11 2021, 09:14 AM
On farm 6, it is showing that the crops are ready however they are not. They still have 20 hours left. What do I need to do to fix this?

Hi Lovebirds,
I moved your post to the subject thread about crops. I checked your farm 6 and the wheat is showing 19.9 hours until ready.

Try refreshing the farm by clicking on it in the farm selector. If that doesn;t work please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and check again.

Lovebirds
Jul 11 2021, 09:33 AM
ty. will try it now

Lovebirds
Jul 11 2021, 04:37 PM
this worked the first time but nothing is working now.

Taz D
Jul 11 2021, 04:46 PM
this worked the first time but nothing is working now.
Hi Lovebirds,
The only thing that can cause incorrect times for your crops is the the computer date and time being incorrect either at the time you pklant or when you go back looking at it. Make sure your date and time stay correct.

Aussie Rae
Jul 11 2021, 06:22 PM
I have a rather strange problem, on my quest farms where I have 3,4,5,6 day crops, with staggered plantings and need to replant those that are due to waste I find that when I try to use my Harvest Plow tool some of the crops show the name and time left til wasted but others do not show anything at all, which is a bit of a problem as I don't really want to replant the wrong plot. I have attempted to take a video of this and post to my facebook wall in the hopes it may explain the problem. The crops for the other days do not have this problem..ie 1,2 day. I do not know how to post this video link to this site.. any help appreciated.. I have tagged Tiger, hope this will help.

Taz D
Jul 11 2021, 06:36 PM
I have a rather strange problem, on my quest farms where I have 3,4,5,6 day crops, with staggered plantings and need to replant those that are due to waste I find that when I try to use my Harvest Plow tool some of the crops show the name and time left til wasted but others do not show anything at all, which is a bit of a problem as I don't really want to replant the wrong plot. I have attempted to take a video of this and post to my facebook wall in the hopes it may explain the problem. The crops for the other days do not have this problem..ie 1,2 day. I do not know how to post this video link to this site.. any help appreciated.. I have tagged Tiger, hope this will help.
Hi Aussie Rae,
I removed the link for the video as it has a personal name showing. As you already tagged them then they will see it.
From what we can tell from the video it seems like you are just moving too fast across the crops and the game doesn't have time to show the names.

It may just be that with the tool you are not getting the right point to show the information. You can try clearing your memcache and see if that helps. Also you should be able to get the information if you just use green man pointer and then note which ones are what.

Aussie Rae
Jul 11 2021, 08:10 PM
Hi Aussie Rae,
I removed the link for the video as it has a personal name showing. As you already tagged them then they will see it.
From what we can tell from the video it seems like you are just moving too fast across the crops and the game doesn't have time to show the names.

It may just be that with the tool you are not getting the right point to show the information. You can try clearing your memcache and see if that helps. Also you should be able to get the information if you just use green man pointer and then note which ones are what.

thanks for the reply Taz, it doesn't matter how slow I move the harvestplowplant tool, and its only for the three, four and five day crops that some of the names will not show.. when trying to replant using this tool you really need to be able to see what crops are already there and the waste times for them, I can fit up to 4 plantings in each section so try to have a rotation system going..doing memcache makes no difference, I guess I will just have to live with it for now.. its just a little frustrating as it doesn't happen with the shorter timed crops just those mentioned. The names do show if I just use the harvest tool but not the combines. Not to worry. its just a game and I will have to work around the problem, :)

Taz D
Jul 11 2021, 08:20 PM
thanks for the reply Taz, it doesn't matter how slow I move the harvestplowplant tool, and its only for the three, four and five day crops that some of the names will not show.. when trying to replant using this tool you really need to be able to see what crops are already there and the waste times for them, I can fit up to 4 plantings in each section so try to have a rotation system going..doing memcache makes no difference, I guess I will just have to live with it for now.. its just a little frustrating as it doesn't happen with the shorter timed crops just those mentioned. The names do show if I just use the harvest tool but not the combines. Not to worry. its just a game and I will have to work around the problem, :)
Hi Aussie Rae,
I copied your posts to the closed thread about specific issues.

Tiger
Jul 12 2021, 06:05 AM

Hi Aussie Rae,

Did you use the EX 5x5 tool to plant those crops or did you use the single layer 5x5 to plant them? Are the fields plowed to the very edge of the right side of the farm or is there a gap before they start?

Could any of those crops that are not displaying names/times have only just come ready to harvest? If you got to that farm just as they changed to ready to harvest the display may not have updated you would need to do one of the following for it to update, wait a little longer then refresh the farm, reload for it to catch up or do something that would force the data to update.

The reason I ask about the tool used to plant them is that the only other time we know that happens would be if you had not used the same type of tool to harvest plow as you did when you planted them.

If you planted using the EX 5x5 Seeder, when you use the EX 5x5 combine it should be seeing them all as long as the display has updated.

When it's a different type of tool the anchor point the tool sees is not always in the same place as the tool you used to plant with so it will see some of them but not all of them.

As an example, look at where you have 2 crops planted alternated next to each other at the very bottom of the farm. Not sure what those are, maybe chia and acorn? It looks like you used the 5x5 single layer tool to plant those and as they are not lined up where the EX 5x5 would look for the anchor point of each of those crops it doesn't see them to show you the name and times.

If neither of those explain what is happening, please let me know which of your farms is the one in the video so I can take a look and please list the crops that are not displaying a name to you when they are ready to harvest.

I am sorry, but I have been actively removing tags from posts on Facebook as I am unable to reply to all of them and I get complaints when I can't get to them all. Those that I haven't had time to answer can get upset and assume I am favoring one person over another. I simply don't have the time to answer them on FB.

When you next get this, send me an in game message with which farm it's happening on and I will come take a look at the farm, however as we are in different time zones I may not be able to get to the farm soon enough to see exactly what you are seeing.

rebecca hamilton
Jul 14 2021, 04:55 AM
hidee . . . My farm #1 will not hold the plowing & the crop planting . . . it all goes away leaving an unplowed field!!! help

Tiger
Jul 14 2021, 05:31 AM
hidee . . . My farm #1 will not hold the plowing & the crop planting . . . it all goes away leaving an unplowed field!!! help

Hi rebecca hamilton,

If the fields are not saving the plowing and planting and reverting to just being harvested, then it sounds like they are layered. That may have not been intentional.

Try deleting just a few of the harvested fields where you can easily see them, then reload the game and see if another crop appears underneath where you deleted those. If there is you will need to delete all the harvested fields that won't save the plowing and planting until you can see all of what is underneath those.

You may prefer to just delete all of them, refresh/reload until you are back to ground cover then plow new fields. However, I can see that there are some items sitting on top of some of those fields and you have items very close to them, so you may need to remove those to be able to put the fields back on if you don't know how to put them back on with them still there. I'm sorry but we are not permitted to help with layering instructions or allow anyone to post them in the forum, so it's entirely up to you what you want to do to correct this.

Tetay
Jul 14 2021, 10:08 PM
hi. I am unable to also plant seeds, harvest, plow nor buy from the store. Hope it can be sorted out soon :) I really love this game. Thank you

Taz D
Jul 14 2021, 10:10 PM
hi. I am unable to also plant seeds, harvest, plow nor buy from the store. Hope it can be sorted out soon :) I really love this game. Thank you
Hi Tetay,
Please provide your Farm Town ID number. You can find it in the banner at the top of your game.

JAXDAW
Aug 01 2021, 12:28 PM
Not sure if this is the right thread. I am having a problem with my Lemon Trees.

FarmTown Stats says I have 18,765 Lemon Trees ready
Ingredient planner for 6 months says I need 36000 for the run and am 7064 short
Hire someone to harvest
Reload
FarmTown Stats says I have no lemon trees ready to harvest (harvest is complete)
Ingredient Planner 6 months says I need 36000 for the run and am still short 4771

Something not adding up.

Taz D
Aug 01 2021, 12:41 PM
Not sure if this is the right thread. I am having a problem with my Lemon Trees.

FarmTown Stats says I have 18,765 Lemon Trees ready
Ingredient planner for 6 months says I need 36000 for the run and am 7064 short
Hire someone to harvest
Reload
FarmTown Stats says I have no lemon trees ready to harvest (harvest is complete)
Ingredient Planner 6 months says I need 36000 for the run and am still short 4771

Something not adding up.
Hi Jaxdaw,
I moved your post to the subject thread about harvests.
First it sounds like you have the farm stats checked to add fertilized and blet bonus amounts. That bonus amount is only an estimate as that can be variable.
Second is the ingredient planner does not update instantly. Try restarting your farms and see if the amounts change.

JAXDAW
Aug 07 2021, 11:25 AM
Hi Jaxdaw,
I moved your post to the subject thread about harvests.
First it sounds like you have the farm stats checked to add fertilized and blet bonus amounts. That bonus amount is only an estimate as that can be variable.
Second is the ingredient planner does not update instantly. Try restarting your farms and see if the amounts change.

No matter what - it continues - Harvested again today. Still showing short. Same scenario.

Taz D
Aug 07 2021, 11:34 AM
No matter what - it continues - Harvested again today. Still showing short. Same scenario.
Hi Jaxdaw,
As I said the Farm Stats is only an estimate at that time you are looking at it. The bonus amount you get is not a specific amount. If you look the belt bonus percentage says it is up to that percentage. It does not say you will get that exact percentage every time.
Also neither the Farm Stats or the ingredient planner update immediately. Did you try restarting your farms before checking the ingredient planner?

Lessonlady
Aug 09 2021, 09:52 AM
For the last 3 days, the game has been telling me that the crops on my #4 farm are ready when they are not. Is this a glitch that will be cleared up soon or my computer?:confused:

Taz D
Aug 09 2021, 09:57 AM
For the last 3 days, the game has been telling me that the crops on my #4 farm are ready when they are not. Is this a glitch that will be cleared up soon or my computer?:confused:
Hi Lessonlady,
I moved your post to the subject thread about crops. If a crop has not been ready for 3 days, then this sounds like your computer date and time are not correct. The game uses the date & time on your computer.

EDIT: I just looked at your farm 4 and you have peas growing on them that have 1.5 hours left to grow.

rebecca hamilton
Aug 09 2021, 07:26 PM
hi, my farm #30 Will Not hold a plow, no crop But no matter what i do . . it uses Fuel . . . this is getting very Old . .please help . . . thank you

Taz D
Aug 09 2021, 07:32 PM
hi, my farm #30 Will Not hold a plow, no crop But no matter what i do . . it uses Fuel . . . this is getting very Old . .please help . . . thank you
Hi Rebecca Hamilton,
You need to supply your ID so we can check this. You can find it in the banner above your farms.

Jessesmom113
Aug 12 2021, 07:38 AM
USER ID 1375O55654 BUG ?
My farm 36 is used for quests. I have plowed single layer fields on this farm. (All other crop farms are multiple layers.) I plant a nine field block of each crop on this farm. Every morning I harvest and replant the crops that will wither that day. This morning I needed to do the 1 hour - 8 hour crops and the 1 day crops. When I plow the harvested fields, I use the 144 field tractor. This morning, some of the plowed fields are "misplaced" appearing as if they were part of a layered farm. This farm has never had layered fields. When viewed with no tools engaged, the farm looks "normal" but when trying to plow and plant certain individual fields will not plow or plant as they are "offset" as i the fields were layered. I encountered this issue a few days ago and at that time I deleted all fields and plowed and planted. It was fine the last few days but this morning it happened again.

marymarcel
Aug 12 2021, 08:46 AM
USER ID 1375O55654 BUG ?
My farm 36 is used for quests. I have plowed single layer fields on this farm. (All other crop farms are multiple layers.) I plant a nine field block of each crop on this farm. Every morning I harvest and replant the crops that will wither that day. This morning I needed to do the 1 hour - 8 hour crops and the 1 day crops. When I plow the harvested fields, I use the 144 field tractor. This morning, some of the plowed fields are "misplaced" appearing as if they were part of a layered farm. This farm has never had layered fields. When viewed with no tools engaged, the farm looks "normal" but when trying to plow and plant certain individual fields will not plow or plant as they are "offset" as i the fields were layered. I encountered this issue a few days ago and at that time I deleted all fields and plowed and planted. It was fine the last few days but this morning it happened again.

Hi Jessesmom113 :)

When you deleted fields, did you refresh the farm to see if some of them showed up again?

If not, then it would be better if you redo that farm again. Delete all fields and then refresh the farm.
If you see some fields showing up again, delete them and refresh the farm. You have to do this, till after refreshing, you only get the cover you have for that farm.

At that point, you can then plow and plant it again.

Mary-Ann Evans
Aug 12 2021, 09:11 AM
i have a new problem today...when doing trees etc they are not disappearing when done...makes it difficult to see what i still have to do yet...

marymarcel
Aug 12 2021, 09:14 AM
i have a new problem today...when doing trees etc they are not disappearing when done...makes it difficult to see what i still have to do yet...

Hi Mary-Ann Evans :)

When you get the tool in your hands, look at the botton right corner of the screen for the Eye.

If it is open, then click in it to get it half closed. That way only the items tied to the tool you have in your hands will show up in the farm.

Mary-Ann Evans
Aug 12 2021, 09:19 AM
omg thank you!!!i never touch the eye so didn't even think to check it...!!!:D:D:D

marymarcel
Aug 12 2021, 09:22 AM
omg thank you!!!i never touch the eye so didn't even think to check it...!!!:D:D:D

You are very welcome Mary-Ann :)

bpbowling53
Aug 18 2021, 09:01 PM
Can't use my farm equipment for example my seeder (2x1) it keeps telling my I have to buy another one. Don't understand why I need to buy another one??

Taz D
Aug 18 2021, 09:04 PM
Can't use my farm equipment for example my seeder (2x1) it keeps telling my I have to buy another one. Don't understand why I need to buy another one??
Hi bpbowling,
Put your tools into your storage and you will be able to use them from the toolbox.

its.colleen
Aug 19 2021, 11:43 AM
I think my farm #1 has been corrupted or accidentally layered or something. I hired someone to harvest/plow a few days ago and it hasn't been right since.

I cannot harvest, plow or anything. It shows as ready, then it shows harvested land unplowed. It's a mess.

Please help?