Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Game Not loading/WebGL disabled/frequent crashes (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666)

Tiger Sep 22 2021 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abby M Newbary (Post 6465710)
Hi, I was playing earlier and all was going great. I just went in to play a little while ago and it says I must authorize the game. So I did and it gives an error message and says I must authorize it, so I do, and it just does not work. I can't get into the game. All my games have disappeared from FaceBook. My Farm Town shortcut has disappeared. My games are not listed under expired or active, they are just gone. The only thing I did which I don't think it would have affected it but maybe? The thing I did was I cleared off Facebook activity. I thought it had to do with ads is all, not any game apps. The only way I was able to get here was via a this link I had in my email.
I already have an activation number, do I use the activation link and put that number in there again or what do I do or is something in need of fixing? Thank you!
100000484275701 is my user ID number. Sorry, had to edit again because I forgot to add that before.

H, Abby M Newbary,

I have moved your post to the thread about loading issues. Thank you for your ID.

I had a look at your data and the game hasn't put any block on you from playing.

We do know this happens when Facebook puts a ban on you for some reason and it sounding like they have blocked you from all of your games for now or it could be a problem with one of their app servers that you need that gives you access to your games on Facebook. This is usually temporary. It's possible this could last a few days.

If there's nothing in your Facebook support inbox to tell you if there is any kind of ban then you may just have to wait it out as we have no way of telling you how long the ban would be for or if it is a FB app server having issues, only Facebook would have that information.

When you say you cleared your Facebook activity, do you mean you cleared all the game requests from Facebooks games activity area or do you mean you cleared everything via Facebook settings in the Logged actions and other activity section?

Go to Facebook settings and scroll down the left side, click on Blocking and make sure Farm Town isn't showing up there just in case you blocked it by mistake.

If this persists you can contact the support team and perhaps see if they can see what is going on with your account. If you would like to contact Support, please click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Please be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you have any problems finding the automated response to your ticket, please click on the following link for instructions to help you with that: Support Issues - how to find their replies.

Abby M Newbary Sep 22 2021 03:25 PM

Hi Tiger! Thank you so very, very much for your reply and help! Today I could get back on. First the thing that said Farm Town was requesting access to my name, profile and friend list showed up, so again, like before, I clicked it and this time it worked, no error message and no telling me I had to authorize. I assumed it was because I'd gone to Settings and Privacy, Settings, and then Facebook Information and then on the right it says Off-Facebook Activity, view or clear and I cleared it thinking it would delete shopping history. However I'm not sure that was the problem as two other people have told me it happened to them too and eventually for one, it fixed itself and the other took some other steps that worked for her. I had written to FaceBook, so maybe they fixed it because of my message or maybe they were working on something, I have no idea, just so glad it's back. I wasn't banned from anything. If I was, they didn't inform me. Thank you very much all you who keep the game running and for your help!

Tiger Sep 22 2021 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abby M Newbary (Post 6465758)
Hi Tiger! Thank you so very, very much for your reply and help! Today I could get back on. First the thing that said Farm Town was requesting access to my name, profile and friend list showed up, so again, like before, I clicked it and this time it worked, no error message and no telling me I had to authorize. I assumed it was because I'd gone to Settings and Privacy, Settings, and then Facebook Information and then on the right it says Off-Facebook Activity, view or clear and I cleared it thinking it would delete shopping history. However I'm not sure that was the problem as two other people have told me it happened to them too and eventually for one, it fixed itself and the other took some other steps that worked for her. I had written to FaceBook, so maybe they fixed it because of my message or maybe they were working on something, I have no idea, just so glad it's back. I wasn't banned from anything. If I was, they didn't inform me. Thank you very much all you who keep the game running and for your help!

Hi Abby M Newbary,

Glad to hear that you're back in the game now! Thank you very much for coming back to let us know, much appreciated :)

I had a look at what you could clear from that area and it's so FB can show you things on FB that you might be interested in, by using your search history off of Facebook. When I checked mine I did not see FT listed. There was a game but it was one of those instant games you can play in Facebook Messenger. None of my FB web games were listed there so it doesn't look like those would show as off Facebook activity.

All I can think of is FB have been making some changes somewhere that probably didn't go very well, perhaps a FB dev goofed something up and it's been a bit slow to find and fix. It's entirely possible that whatever they did they only released it to some FB users rather than everyone, which is normal. To be fair, there's only so much testing you can do with so many people before you just have to release it to the masses and see what happens when far more people try to do the exact same thing. Perhaps that is what has happened.

If you keep getting it repeatedly do come back and let us know.

popover Sep 24 2021 03:59 AM

farm town

userid 628887385
I get the following error. It started over a week ago. I have tried to reload Firefox but i can't get rid of old data. I can only login if I use a different computer
2021-09-24 08:52:52.585 WARNWARNING: Url_Loader.Load_Error - https://cdn.slashkey.com/flash/farm/...efs/assets.xml - Unknown Error

Tiger Sep 24 2021 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by popover (Post 6465874)
userid 628887385
I get the following error. It started over a week ago. I have tried to reload Firefox but i can't get rid of old data. I can only login if I use a different computer
2021-09-24 08:52:52.585 WARNWARNING: Url_Loader.Load_Error - https://cdn.slashkey.com/flash/farm/...efs/assets.xml - Unknown Error

Hi popover,

On the computer that has this problem, are you using a saved bookmark in your browser to load the game? If you are please delete it and use the Facebook icon on the left side of Facebook to get to the current version of the game or you can click on the Play FarmTown button at the top of the forum.

Make sure you do that for all your browsers on all of your computers as that error looks like you are still trying to access an old version of the game.

GrammieRee Oct 02 2021 10:44 AM

Farms don't load

1 Attachment(s)
I'm having a hard time getting farms to load, whether trying to work someone's facilities or loading my own farm. Sometimes it just hangs at the black screen, sometimes I get an error message. (See photo) This happens regardless of which browser I use. Is there anything I can do to fix this besides repeatedly refreshing the page until it finally decides to load?

Taz D Oct 02 2021 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrammieRee (Post 6466742)
I'm having a hard time getting farms to load, whether trying to work someone's facilities or loading my own farm. Sometimes it just hangs at the black screen, sometimes I get an error message. (See photo) This happens regardless of which browser I use. Is there anything I can do to fix this besides repeatedly refreshing the page until it finally decides to load?

Hi GrammieRee,
Please check if there is any update for Windows or Mac, you can type update in the search box and you usually get "search for updates", you have to follow the instructions. Remember to close and restart after updating.

Also make sure your browser is updated as sometimes they do not automatically update.

Try clearing your browser caches, restart your computer, and then try again to load your farms. It will be slow loading after you clear the cache as all the graphics will have to be downloaded again. Instructions for clearing browser are in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421890

GrammieRee Oct 02 2021 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6466746)
Hi GrammieRee,
Please check if there is any update for Windows or Mac, you can type update in the search box and you usually get "search for updates", you have to follow the instructions. Remember to close and restart after updating.

*** I'm running Windows 7 so don't think I can get any updates but I will check. Will be upgrading to 11 when it comes out and has all the bugs fixed, but that won't be for a while yet.

Also make sure your browser is updated as sometimes they do not automatically update.

*** My browsers are up to date.

Try clearing your browser caches, restart your computer, and then try again to load your farms. It will be slow loading after you clear the cache as all the graphics will have to be downloaded again. Instructions for clearing browser are in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421890

*** I run clean-ups and shut my computer down every night. This has been an ongoing problem so that isn't helping either.

Taz D Oct 02 2021 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrammieRee (Post 6466758)
*** I run clean-ups and shut my computer down every night. This has been an ongoing problem so that isn't helping either.

Hi GrammieRee,
By running clean ups every night does that mean you are cleaning the browser caches every night? If so that may be part of the problem. The graphics for the game are store in those caches. If you clean that out every night then the game has to download those every day and that can take several minutes which would be why it sits at the black screen. When you refresh then it will still have to down load those.

I have a Windows 7 computer too and don't have any problem with loading the game even though we do not get updates for Windows on that anymore. How much memory does your computer have?

The only other thing I can think of is possibly internet problems some where between you and the Farm Town servers interrupting the data transfer. It is probably not between you and your provider as that would cause more problems than just Farm Town. There are many links after that between them and the Facebook app server and more links between that server and the Farm Town servers. Any one of those having problems can cause a loss or slowdown of data transfer between you and the Farm Town servers. Unfortunately we do not have any way to monitor or fix those links.

GrammieRee Oct 02 2021 08:30 PM

Thank you so much for your replies and help, Taz!

I did find some Windows updates and installed them but it hasn't helped.

Trying to load the farm now and it's just sitting at the black screen, but at least I didn't get that error message so that's progress, right?

Yes, the clean ups do clear the cache every night. I can try to disable that part of the cleaners I use and see if it makes a difference.

My computer has 12 Gigs of RAM. I used to work people's facilities all day long with several farms running in the background while I was doing other things with no problems, so I don't think that's the issue.

After refreshing 3 times I finally got the farm to load. When I clicked to load another farm it didn't hang, so I think you're right about it being the cache.

Thank you again for your help, and I will let you know if NOT clearing it makes a difference. :)

GrammieRee Oct 03 2021 06:49 PM

Oh my gosh, it WORKED!!!
Thank you so much, Taz! It was the cache after all!
Not hanging on the black screen OR giving me an error!
WooHoo!
You're the best!! :)

Tiger Oct 04 2021 11:14 AM

We are aware that Facebook is down in several countries today which means you won't be able to play Farm Town until it's back up.
This does seem to be spreading to even more countries at the moment.
I am sorry but we have no control over this at all.
All anyone can do is wait it out and hope Facebook find the problem that caused it and fix it as soon as possible.

BethFB Oct 04 2021 01:49 PM

Facebook is still down, but while it is down, I'm looking at all my papers concerning what I have on my farms and considering when it returns, work on editing some of the farms to be different than what it was before.

Also, playing another non-facebook game does help keep the mind distracted from it being down right now.

A friend told me to consider this: Maybe Facebook put themselves into their own Jail for a few hours, as punishment for what they did to so many members. That got me laughing but I do miss playing FarmTown right now.

Until it is back, focus on something else for the time being.

The Mods will let us know when Facebook is back.

Beth

kathylbf Oct 04 2021 02:03 PM

Facebookk down - Means for Farms

with facebook down for so many people how will it effect our farms? Are we looking at crops being wasted, quest times running out, etc?? Any ideas?

marymarcel Oct 04 2021 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathylbf (Post 6467010)
with facebook down for so many people how will it effect our farms? Are we looking at crops being wasted, quest times running out, etc?? Any ideas?

Hi kathylbf :)

I moved your post to the thread for Cannot load the game.

With Facebook down all players are affected in many countries. There is nothing you or Slashkey can do to fix this problem.

When we get into Facebook again, you will have to check your farms, quests etc and decide what to do. If your crops are irrigated then they will probably will not die, quests depend on times you have to collect coins or cash, but as I said, sadly we have to wait for Facebook to fix their problem.

rodneycs Oct 04 2021 04:46 PM

I heard on the news yesterday evening that FB was down and it is still down six hours later so it is impossible to post facilities.

marymarcel Oct 04 2021 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodneycs (Post 6467030)
I heard on the news yesterday evening that FB was down and it is still down six hours later so it is impossible to post facilities.

Hi rodneycs :)

Im sorry but we are all in the same boat waiting for facebook to fix whatever is the problem.

Just try to enter facebook from time to time :)

lineking Oct 04 2021 05:10 PM

Facebook up, farm town down

You can socialize, but you can't play games, or so it seems!

Taz D Oct 04 2021 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lineking (Post 6467038)
You can socialize, but you can't play games, or so it seems!

Hi Lineking,
You will just have to keep trying. I am back into Farm Town.

Aussie Rae Oct 04 2021 05:20 PM

just got access to farmtown, :) yay

Snookie Sue Oct 04 2021 05:38 PM

I got on!

:):p;):o;):p:) Not everyone can yet but I was successful.

Punnybone Oct 08 2021 04:42 PM

Help!

I haven't played farmtown in about 1.5-2 years. So I don't even know how to resume. I get the black screen on Facebook that flips to the grey page and have no idea what to do or where to go at that point. Help!

I also got my profile here linked to my backup Facebook account and need to know how to switch it to my primary one.

I wish Farmtown could have an app, like words with friends does, and be completely separate from Facebook.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

marymarcel Oct 08 2021 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnybone (Post 6467338)
Help!

I haven't played farmtown in about 1.5-2 years. So I don't even know how to resume. I get the black screen on Facebook that flips to the grey page and have no idea what to do or where to go at that point. Help!

I also got my profile here linked to my backup Facebook account and need to know how to switch it to my primary one.

I wish Farmtown could have an app, like words with friends does, and be completely separate from Facebook.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Hi Punnybone :)

As you have been out of the game for so long, then I have to tell you that flash is not longer used and the game is still migrating all function to html5

When you log into facebook then you have to click in the game icon located in the left column in your home page.

HTML5 is not the same as flash player so you may get some problems to load the game.

Please follow these instructions in order:

Check if there is any update for Windows or Mac in case you use it, you can type update in the search box and you usually get "search for updates", you have to follow the instructions. Remember to close and restart after updating.

After that then follow the instructions given in this announcement:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/announcement.php?f=1

You have to try all suggestions under FIRST LOAD OF FARM TOWN.
After trying them all, then restart and check again if your game loads.

If your game doesnt load, then you have to provide the information under PERSISTENT LOADING ISSUES.
Please notice that for point 3, developers are asking for the last Checkpoint information.

If you dont see the information below your game screen, then click in Toggle FT console and scroll down the page using the bar on the right till you find the last Checkpoint information.

If you can't open the FT Console watch the "U" number in the upper right corner of your farms for the last number shown.

Also, you have instructions to check the requirements for your computer in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650270

If you want us to check your main account, try to load the game in that account and let us know the numbers showing up into brackets in the message above the game screen.

NJones277 Oct 09 2021 03:06 PM

Am I or will I be able to play this game on a tablet? I couldn't get it to finish loading through Google Chrome. I have plenty of memory free for Farmtown. Any suggestions or ideas will be appreciated. Thanks.

marymarcel Oct 09 2021 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJones277 (Post 6467410)
Am I or will I be able to play this game on a tablet? I couldn't get it to finish loading through Google Chrome. I have plenty of memory free for Farmtown. Any suggestions or ideas will be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi NJones :)

I moved your post to the thread about Cannot load the game.

Please do not ask questions in Suggestions as that section is to post ideas for the game.

Farm Town is designed to be played on computers and laptops. If you wish to try playing on mobiles or tablets, then be sure those devices are up to date. Some devices may not be able to upgrade software to a newer version.

Maybe after all migration is done, then developers could see what to do with mobiles and tablets.

NJones277 Oct 09 2021 06:08 PM

Tablets

Thanks for your answer. It would be great if we could eventually play on a tablet. The laptop gets cumbersome to carry around and you can't take it everywhere you go. If tablets are "enabled" then we could keep more current with the game. I get concerned when we travel that I'm out of touch and something might not get harvested in time. Been playing the whole time the game has existed. Don't want to get behind now. :)

marymarcel Oct 09 2021 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJones277 (Post 6467418)
Thanks for your answer. It would be great if we could eventually play on a tablet. The laptop gets cumbersome to carry around and you can't take it everywhere you go. If tablets are "enabled" then we could keep more current with the game. I get concerned when we travel that I'm out of touch and something might not get harvested in time. Been playing the whole time the game has existed. Don't want to get behind now. :)

You are welcome NJones, hopefully the developers will be able to work on that when the migration is done :)

sizzlinsssandi Oct 11 2021 08:52 AM

Connection to Chat and Server

Having all kinds of issues staying connected to Chat server 20 and Server 22........can you help?

marymarcel Oct 11 2021 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sizzlinsssandi (Post 6467538)
Having all kinds of issues staying connected to Chat server 20 and Server 22........can you help?

Hi sizzlinsssandi :)

I moved your post to the thread for your problems.

Please follow all suggestions given in the following thread and see if they help you:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=627590

KCJ Oct 13 2021 07:00 PM

I can load the game and play, but NOT get online

USER ID number ( 1335168219 )

I can load the game and play, but NOT get online, it pops up the box to let me click green to go online, but when I do it tries to connect, then the same box pops up with the green button and red button, no matter how many times I click the green. It stays on the red offline. This means I can not do anything that requires me to be online first, like selling.

marymarcel Oct 13 2021 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCJ (Post 6467814)
USER ID number ( 1335168219 )

I can load the game and play, but NOT get online, it pops up the box to let me click green to go online, but when I do it tries to connect, then the same box pops up with the green button and red button, no matter how many times I click the green. It stays on the red offline. This means I can not do anything that requires me to be online first, like selling.

Hi KCJ :)

I moved your post to the thread for your problem.

Please follow all suggestions given in the following thread, including the ones in the links:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=627590

If after trying them all, you still have problems, then please let us know which results you got for the Server tests and which is your Chat Server and Farm server.
You find them in red clicking in Chat in your neighbors bar below the game screen.

Steve Kay Oct 16 2021 11:04 PM

FT is working fine for me but I have a superneighbor who cannot log in

Laura Barhydt, who lives in Belize, cannot access Farmtown.

Starting yesterday, she can log into Facebook and communicate with me and other folks, but she cannot get into Farmtown.

I have been able to get onto her farms and they look fine.

She does not know how or why this happened, and I haven't found any way to help her. She cannot log into the support forum.

Any ideas what she can do?

Steve Kay,

Taz D Oct 16 2021 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Kay (Post 6468390)
Laura Barhydt, who lives in Belize, cannot access Farmtown.

Starting yesterday, she can log into Facebook and communicate with me and other folks, but she cannot get into Farmtown.

I have been able to get onto her farms and they look fine.

She does not know how or why this happened, and I haven't found any way to help her. She cannot log into the support forum.

Any ideas what she can do?

Steve Kay,

Hi Steve,
I moved your post to the subject thread about loading problems. Has she gotten any kind of message from Facebook telling her she has been blocked? There have been some problems since the release that we have reported to the developers.
What happens when she tries to log into these forums? It is very difficult solving any problems without direct contact.

Kat1957 Oct 17 2021 10:53 AM

keep getting tempory block post

i bought new irrigator and fertilizer and bigger sow tools now everytime i use them i keep getting post... this It looks like you were misusing this feature by going too fast. You’ve been temporarily blocked from using it.
If you think this doesn't go against our Community Standards let us know.i'm doing nothing different so why am i getting this.thank you for your help

marymarcel Oct 17 2021 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kat1957 (Post 6468486)
i bought new irrigator and fertilizer and bigger sow tools now everytime i use them i keep getting post... this It looks like you were misusing this feature by going too fast. You’ve been temporarily blocked from using it.
If you think this doesn't go against our Community Standards let us know.i'm doing nothing different so why am i getting this.thank you for your help

Hi Kat1957 :)

Im sorry this is happening to you but it is not the game blocking you but Facebook.

Maybe you could contact Facebook about this problem but they mostly dont respond.
Several farmers have posted about being blocked and everything was ok again the next day.

Sister Spitfire Oct 17 2021 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6468490)
Hi Kat1957 :)

Im sorry this is happening to you but it is not the game blocking you but Facebook.

Maybe you could contact Facebook about this problem but they mostly dont respond.

Exactly. Facebook doesn't respond to US because it is the developers that are the paying customers. This is a problem and if it continues, I will stop playing and I AM a Farm Town paying customer. I would just like to gently suggest that since this is not confined to a single customer, and that filing a trouble report will do no good since Farm Town can't fix it....an appropriate solution would be to have the paying customer (The Developers) intercede with Facebook for us. Since Facebook WILL listen to them more than us nobodies.

Quote:

Several farmers have posted about being blocked and everything was ok again the next day.
I am going on two days,

Kat1957 Oct 17 2021 12:18 PM

yes i bought new tools friday used them the post came up temp block..gave up shut down came back on saturday afternoon seemed fine planted used tools again temp block came up shut down came on this morning sunday seemed fine started planting and irrigating and now temp block is back..very frustrating..tomorrow i am going to using the older tool to plant no irrigator or fertilizer and see what happens

Taz D Oct 17 2021 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sister Spitfire (Post 6468498)
Exactly. Facebook doesn't respond to US because it is the developers that are the paying customers. This is a problem and if it continues, I will stop playing and I AM a Farm Town paying customer. I would just like to gently suggest that since this is not confined to a single customer, and that filing a trouble report will do no good since Farm Town can't fix it....an appropriate solution would be to have the paying customer (The Developers) intercede with Facebook for us. Since Facebook WILL listen to them more than us nobodies.

I am going on two days,

Hi Sister Spitfire,
The developers are looking into this problem that has shown up recently and apparently is a Facebook caused issue. The temporary blocking is because Facebook has increased their security settings. So if you are using a large amount of tabs for working facilities or collecting gifts from the unauthorized free sites, or posting in selveral groups then this tends to happen. Unfortunately Facebook will not lift temporary blocks and you have to wait until your time is up for the block. I am sorry, but there isn't any thing more the developers can do.

Taz D Oct 17 2021 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kat1957 (Post 6468506)
yes i bought new tools friday used them the post came up temp block..gave up shut down came back on saturday afternoon seemed fine planted used tools again temp block came up shut down came on this morning sunday seemed fine started planting and irrigating and now temp block is back..very frustrating..tomorrow i am going to using the older tool to plant no irrigator or fertilizer and see what happens

Hi Kat,
It is not the new tools that caused the blocking. If you posted about each of the tools you bought and it was several tools, then that is what caused the blocking. I don't think using the smaller tools will end the blocking. It is a time period that Facebook has blocked you and you will continue getting the messages regardless of what tool you are using until the time is up.

brewergirl1961 Oct 17 2021 05:25 PM

This blocking business has nothing to to with opening tabs or working too fast. I bought 1 facility from the store, and then when I went to open up what ingredients were needed it said I was on full screen.I clicked on the full screen icon possibly 2-3 times and it blocked me. Today It was still doing the same. not opening full screen but system telling me I was, again because I tried to get on full screen it immediately blocked me again for another day. So cannot work my farms. crops lost, quests take forever. because it blocks every 30 seconds. So I do not agree it is because of what we are doing but the program you updated last. so I agree, that there should be some kind of mediation between Developers and Facebook to find a way through this what appears to be a massive problem.