Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jun 26 2014, 09:58 PM

You can never tell when you're hired in the MP what sort of farms you're going to encounter, although some farmers will tell you they have layered farms. The more a player has crammed onto their farm, the slower it is to load, BUT you can very easily speed up the loading process. Before you even go into the MP, turn off EVERYTHING and click on your eye so it's closed. You NEVER need to see buildings or decorations. If you're hired to harvest flowers and/or trees, they load faster AFTER you've landed on the farm. Turn trees on, harvest them, then turn them off. Do the same with flowers.

You can't control how other people farm, but you can make life easier for yourself. If you hang out in the MP a lot to get work but don't like layers, make that part of your name, i.e., Anna Banana (no layers pls). Now that you can use your employer's tools, doing layers is a lot easier, and you can get some practice before you 'invest' in your own tools. (it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Slash Key didn't implement this new feature just to show you how much faster you can work your farms with the bigger tools!)

There are as many different ways to play Farm Town as there are players! The gamut runs from people who plow their fields w/o removing the space between fields and scatter trees and flowers singly or in clusters without regard for how much time and energy it takes to harvest them that way. They wouldn't think of putting anything on top of something else, much less hanging a building off the edge of the farm. Working their farms poses its own challenges. At the other extreme are those who want to max out their income and XPs and think nothing of stacking a field, a flower, a tree, and a facility all on the same 1x1 square. It isn't pretty, and working their farms isn't easy either. If you know the tricks (and you can find out how to do them on You Tube), you can layer everything (including water features) except buildings. To stack buildings (or hang them off the edge of your farm), you do need the green hand, which Slash Key is more than happy to sell you for something like 55 Farm Cash (after you've bought the orange hand which also costs about 55 Farm Cash).

Farm Town has changed dramatically from the game I started with. Back then, there was only one farm that I think maxed out at 18x18 or maybe 20x20. Everything was done one field at a time -- plow, plant, harvest, repeat -- and the only thing you could do with your crops was sell them in the Market Place. Animals, buildings, flowers, trees, water features -- they were all just decorations. The only tools we had were the hoe, scythe, seed bag, and watering can. No fertilizing, no special sprinklers, no belts or dans, and certainly no facilities! If you wanted to level up, you hired your neighbors so they would (hopefully) hire you and you hung out in the Market Place every chance you got. Of course, the top level was somewhere in the 40s, but that was then. You can still play Farm Town that way if you want, and there's something to be said for playing laid back. It's cheaper and much less stressful!

Make no mistake -- Farm Town is a money-making business as far as Slash Key is concerned, but it's your choice whether or not you shell out real cash to buy Farm Cash to buy all of those tools, facilities, and bigger and bigger farms. So have a little fun while you farm -- like I did with this farm: Grandma's Quilt Squares!

Farm? Not Here!!
~ Gateway to My Agricultural Empire ~

Farming Since 26 September 2009
Level 1175 & Rising

Am I addicted to Farm Town?

Tags
neighbors, storage capacity