Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 02 2011, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
I think what really needs to be done is separate the sprinklers apart. Leave the Brown one to do flowers only and make the red on e only do crops. This would satisfy those who want to do flowers without doing crops. Also need to change the time period for the Red one to 6 or 12 hours instead of 24 hours.
Taz ---

You are right, that would solve my issues with the sprinkler, if they implements both of your suggestions and dropped it down to every 6 hours.

---Jerry

Farmtown: Where everyone can play the way they want to play, and still enjoy a great game together!

My Quest Plot Farm
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...1897&farm_ix=2
Old Sep 02 2011, 01:06 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by suepatches View Post
Please give me the other sprinkler back.. I now find myself using the water can to water my flowers If I dont want to water the crop. I would like the option to use either sprinkler. Call me old or stupid but I really fell like I took a step backwards with this only red sprinkler option. I love how we can speed up the crops but I really like to water flowers when they need it and not speed up a crop that I do not plan on staying up all night to harvest. betweeen facebook taking away game stories and posting everything we are doing im getting lost confused and depressed over all this.
There has been a change in what the red sprinkler does. When it came out if you planted a 4 hours crop and used the red sprinkler to speed it up right after you planted it would be ready in 2 hours and go to waste 4 hours after that for a total time of 6 hours. Now the time to go to waste has been extended to where it would be if you didn't speed up growth. If you plant a 4 hour crop it takes 4 hours to grow and you have 4 more hours to harvest the crop before it goes to waste. This is a total of 8 hours from the time you planted the crop and it went to waste. If you use the red sprinkler on the 4 hours crop right after planting the crop your corp will be ready to harvest in 2 hours and it will go to waste 6 hours after that. This gives you a total of 8 hours to get the crop after you plant it. It doesn't matter if you speed up growth you still have the same amount of time to get the crop as you would if you had not speed up the growth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweeb View Post
The problem they are probably trying to prevent, is runaway experience.

They already have it, with the x16 and x25 tools being used on other peoples farms, especially the Combo tool.

Can you imagine 10 farms of 1 hour raspberries, on a combo tool?

How does the combo tool give you more xps? You get the same amount of xp as you would if you used separate tools. While it may let you do the work a little quicker it doesn't really make that big a difference that people are running away with xps because of the combine.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Sep 02 2011, 01:14 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
I think what really needs to be done is separate the sprinklers apart. Leave the Brown one to do flowers only and make the red on e only do crops. This would satisfy those who want to do flowers without doing crops. Also need to change the time period for the Red one to 6 or 12 hours instead of 24 hours.
I do think the sprinklers need to be separate but I want to keep the option of speeding up the flowers. It takes so many flowers for the flower shop that I want to harvest them every 2 days instead of every 4. I had to water my flowers with the bucket today because they where ready to harvest but they where dead so I couldn't harvest them without first watering them. I had to use the bucket so I could then use the red sprinkler to water the flowers after I harvested them to cut the growth time in half. I would really like trees added to the sprinkler so I don't have to have close to 15,000 threes planted on my farms. I also vote for cutting the time for watering down to 6 or 12 hours that way people will not be planting 20 rounds of raspberries everyday and getting a billion xps in a week, but we can speed up more then one crop a day if we need to.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Sep 02 2011, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suepatches View Post
Ok I am now back to give me my old sprinkler back and you can take the red one away and I will eat the loss of farm cash. I just want to play the game and do my own thing without all the stupid rules on times and stuff like that. Call it a lesson learned. I do not need to plant like nuts to get ex points. I feel if you tell us to rewater new crops we should be able to do so. But what ever, just give me the old sprinkler and I will continue on as before. I have done rather well in life but I am not a rocket scientist which is what you need to be lately to play. I am not into spread sheets, or graphs, just want to play and not worry about the next thing I have to work around.
Absolutely! Spot on. Same here.
Old Sep 02 2011, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie01 View Post
Absolutely! Spot on. Same here.
Cookie, this is from Raul's post release update:

"-Some users wants to revive flowers but without doubling growth speed for crops in that farm: The red sprinkler in addition to doubling the growth speed, will also extend the gone to waste time, so even if you double the growth speed unintentionally by reviving your flowers, you will have the same time as before to harvest your crops, this will effectively remove the need to have the brown water sprinkler in the toolbox or storage."

So it seems it doesn't matter if they get speeded up. We will have the option to harvest them at a sooner time, but they will not go to waste until they would have if they had not been speeded up.

I was feeling the way you did until I went back and read all the post release notes.
Old Sep 02 2011, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbraswell View Post
all the updates are always good, just wish other things could be addressed, for example...the production of Chromite Ore in the mineral mine. there is never enough of it and since we cannot get help in that facility to speed up production from friends, i think the devs should increase the production of it for us. and don't say get another mineral mine, i have 4 already.

I agree. I have 10 of these mines and still run out of stuff ... and then a lot of the new facilities use a ton of metal
Old Sep 02 2011, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverdave View Post
ok....heres how a humble colonial see's the new red sprinkler....

1 it can be used for ONE planting of crops PER FARM PER DAY (and does increase the crop maturation rate )
2 it also enables the speeded up growth of flowers (which only need irrigating once per day anyways

3 it was primarily designed to be used on 2 ,3 and 4 day crops (not so you can harvest a zillion raspberrys evrery hour ) of course it will work on shorter time crops but only at the usage rate in item 1

it allows the watering of non neighbours flowers but as stated does not increase the non neighbours crop maturation rate
It does work as advertised and is well worth the farmcash if used intelligently

and yes while i am here...THANKS RAUL for another great release keep em coming and may we please have a gift token system with an in game gift shoppe to redeem the tokens for what we really need/want
Let me just add that the devs also made it so that the crops waste in the original amount of time!! They could have made it so that it's waste time was cut in half too. That's a huge bonus. Crops in half the time.......but it's almost like having double the time before they waste!!!
Old Sep 02 2011, 05:06 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I really don't understand why you are all complaining..the new sprinkler is brilliant...after you plant, refresh, then water....its simple....I planted Peas, Rice, Wheat and Tomatos last night at 7.30pm and harvested them today at 3pm....I replanted a 4 hr crop on each farm and when I harvest tonight, I will replant with a 2 day crop, refresh and re water...its easy..lol

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 02 2011, 05:16 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
I really don't understand why you are all complaining..the new sprinkler is brilliant...after you plant, refresh, then water....its simple....I planted Peas, Rice, Wheat and Tomatos last night at 7.30pm and harvested them today at 3pm....I replanted a 4 hr crop on each farm and when I harvest tonight, I will replant with a 2 day crop, refresh and re water...its easy..lol
It isn't that easy for us who sometimes plant different timed crops on a field.
Old Sep 02 2011, 06:03 AM

I think the Devs do a brilliant job and I have never begrudged paying for certain items but I really am disappointed with the new Sprinkler and hate the fact that it has total control. If we were given back the old one then those of us who have paid good money for the new one would then have the option which one we wanted to use like the other tools. I also feel that it is going to make it so much easier for XP to be gained unfairly. And before anyone says "well, what about the layering or stacking which gains XP unfairly," the Devs have known for a long time about this and have never stopped it. Please, please give us our old Sprinkler back. The next thing we'll be getting told is "Please use your harvested crops that are in Storage."
Closed Thread