Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 21 2014, 01:38 AM

Many owners of FC tools feel that it is unfair that workers can use their tools. The introduction of the choice of whether to allow this was a great addition to the game, but perhaps making it worth the hiring farmer's while by increasing the yield of crops to the hiring farmer (not the worker) would be a good incentive to allow others to use the FC tools

For example - the addition of piggy poo to the growing crops doubles the yield, allowing workers to use the FC tools could double it again?

... what about not only doubling the yield of the crops, it could also double the output of the factories for (say) 12 hours?

Farming since: 14 December 2009
Old Jan 22 2014, 04:11 PM

I was just getting ready to buy the Herding Robot and I see it only works with some animals? Which ones? Everything but the FC ones? I had planned to use it with llamas - ok there? I don't want to pay that much and then not be able to use it.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Jan 22 2014, 05:19 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by beverduster View Post
I just want to be able to boost my train, hasn't worked right in over a month, I suppose im the only 1 having this problem
In case you still can't boost your train.Idea here.Since I believe the Dec release,when unloading and restocking the train. Use to,when I went back to boost it it showed boost. Now I have to click the train again before boost shows.
Old Jan 22 2014, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
I was just getting ready to buy the Herding Robot and I see it only works with some animals? Which ones? Everything but the FC ones? I had planned to use it with llamas - ok there? I don't want to pay that much and then not be able to use it.
Hi Susan! the robot allows you to add animals to their buildings in bulk from the farm, but it is not working for Farm Cash animals yet.

Last edited by marymarcel; Jan 22 2014 at 05:47 PM.
Old Jan 22 2014, 05:58 PM

Wink Sharing the tools

I think the enabling of our neighbors/etc. getting to use our tools is a GREAT feature! I don't understand why some people think it is
otherwise. There is no doubt that it is a WIN/WIN situation. The explanation about the fertilizing of ones crops, was a great explanation! Please don't change this. This is the only game I play and have been enjoying it since 2009! Love the addiction!

Carol
Old Jan 22 2014, 07:23 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Hi, this just started happening tonight. A neighbor and I meet every night and do each others work. I use a program that helps me keep track of harvests, and I also write stuff down on a white board on the desk so I know exactly which farms are ready and what I'm hiring for on each farm.

Tonite I hired my friend for 1-2-3-4-10-11-17-19-20 but only 1-2-3-4 and 10 showed up in blue, the others were dark green. We had this problem a long time ago, way before the last update, so she knew to work any dark green ones, too.

We both clean caches on a regular basis and I had just done it before I hired her because I posted facs and it goes much faster if caches are clean.

Just reporting it to see if anyone else is seeing this. Thanks!

Server WF37, W10, Chrome.

Need help timing quests/crops/trees/dinner? Google 'Farm Report Alarm', it rocks the game!
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jan 23 2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnana View Post
Hi, this just started happening tonight. A neighbor and I meet every night and do each others work. I use a program that helps me keep track of harvests, and I also write stuff down on a white board on the desk so I know exactly which farms are ready and what I'm hiring for on each farm.

Tonite I hired my friend for 1-2-3-4-10-11-17-19-20 but only 1-2-3-4 and 10 showed up in blue, the others were dark green. We had this problem a long time ago, way before the last update, so she knew to work any dark green ones, too.

We both clean caches on a regular basis and I had just done it before I hired her because I posted facs and it goes much faster if caches are clean.

Just reporting it to see if anyone else is seeing this. Thanks!
Ya. And the developers have known about the problems for some time. They tried to fix it shortly after the December update, but it seems it's back again.
Old Jan 23 2014, 08:59 PM

I've said this before, but want to say it again. I really like the fact that workers can use our tools. If some people don't like it, they can "uncheck" the box that allows this to happen.

But, I really dislike the "Eye". Is there any way to get rid of it entirely?
Old Jan 23 2014, 09:20 PM

Wink The Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberal Annie View Post
Edited But, I really dislike the "Eye". Is there any way to get rid of it entirely?
Are you saying that the eye is graphically displeasing, or that the image is repulsive (a follow through of the closed eye used in the tool box to HIDE items) or that it gives some the feeling it's hexing us or that you don't want your workers to be able to hide things they're not working on?
Old Jan 23 2014, 09:42 PM
Account Not Linked

my daughter came over tonight to show me something cause i didn't believe it. she worked the market and got hired by a couple low lvls like her so did the 3x3 harvest, 3x3 plow. she also got hired for 15 or more farms by people well over 500 (one had 50 million xp) and they wouldn't let her use any tools of theirs.

she's just started and clicked on a wrong thing so wasted some FC and is struggling to buy some tools. i can't believe people wouldn't let her use theirs.

she suggested that people who purposefully (the only way) uncheck the box to let workers use their tools shouldn't be able to use their tools if they work on someone else's farm.

i do feel i must mention there were a couple people (mid level - low 500s) that did let her use their tools and she thanked them.
Closed Thread