Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Aug 17 2014, 05:05 AM

Smile Let Me Rephrase That,, Please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Deanna the developers have never made any claim about balanced or unbalanced. Please do not make statements about what the developers have said or not said. If it is not written in the release by Raul or any other member of Slashkey.
Perhaps it would have been better had I said something like, "I'm sure it never occurred to the developers that introducing a single product that simultaneously more than doubled demand for kaolin clay and required nearly three weeks' output from a single mine would prove a serious challenge for us as players."

Also, Taz, may I direct your attention to just two paragraphs from my post that I think illustrate my true intention, which was to carefully and POLITELY present the case for evaluating the production of kaolin clay:

OK, so rather than just fume and complain,I did the math.
and
Dear Creative, Ingenious Fabulous Developers, I did the math for you. I hope you can see that introduction of the Restroom Supplies Facility, created a serious imbalance in KC supply and demand, one we would all like to see addressed sooner rather than later, please.

As Farm Town grows and becomes both more fun and more complex, it seems inevitable that demand for some basic products may outstrip the ability of even the most ingenious player to meet. As has been well said elsewhere, we all play out own game, and balancing the availability of products is really our own responsibility.

However, sometimes the cumulative effect of new releases is to create a supply/demand situation that needs rethinking. Case in point: More and bigger farms accompanied by more and bigger tools eventually created a demand for fuel that simply couldn't be met. The players presented their case here in the Forum and eventually the developers increased the output from each Oil Pump (and the Refinery as well, I think)

I came to the Forum to present my case and request that the developers consider looking into the issue. I could wish you had at least acknowledged that before chastising me for an unintentional faux pas.

Farm? Not Here!!
~ Gateway to My Agricultural Empire ~

Farming Since 26 September 2009
Level 1175 & Rising

Am I addicted to Farm Town?