PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- February 11th, 2011

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

JAS0643
Feb 12 2011, 09:31 PM
I beg to differ. It states in the rules that layering is not allowed. IMO, if it's against the rules the offenders should be banned from the game.

I will refer you to the following thread where it clearly states that layering is not cheating. I again say do not call people cheaters when they are not cheating. http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=370722

bob07
Feb 12 2011, 09:54 PM
I will refer you to the following thread where it clearly states that layering is not cheating. I again say do not call people cheaters when they are not cheating. http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=370722

Jas- Any reason you type in the giant type? Your posts certainly stand out. Thanks for the thread on layering
Bob

JAS0643
Feb 12 2011, 10:29 PM
Jas- Any reason you type in the giant type? Your posts certainly stand out. Thanks for the thread on layering
Bob

Um it is not giant type, it is the same type I have use since I joined the forum and you are the only one that has said anything about it.

Tony D
Feb 12 2011, 10:31 PM
Hi All , can we please keep the thread on topic about the new release.. This thread is not for personal debate...

Aussie Rae
Feb 13 2011, 01:07 AM
thank you for the new updates, although I still have a couple of corrupted fields that won't delete, have learnt to work with them, lol

jacquiemm
Feb 13 2011, 03:54 AM
I think it pertains to the farm you are on, ie: your facility 3 is on farm 3....
or am I missing something!!

jacquiemm
Feb 13 2011, 04:10 AM
I still have an issue with plots that can't be deleted. I still stack and layer. this is the only way to get the produce needed for facilities sorry if it offends some people, but I think if you deleted all those who do this there would be very few Farm Town players. nearly all farms I get hired to work on are stacked and layered.
I am a true addict. the only game I play on Facebook.... well the only game I play period.
Probably 18 hours a day.
LOVE YOU FARM TOWN

Deb-osophy
Feb 13 2011, 04:17 AM
Awesome, awesome update.

I saw the Active Facilities on all Farms (before you disabled it) and it's fantastic.

No more jumping into each and every farm, because it's all on the one farm.

You guys are GREAT

mugforpaying
Feb 13 2011, 04:54 AM
Thats it same problems today so really feel fed up....still dont understand what was meant by my computer showing the correct date so feeling really really stupid at not being able to sort out the glitches.

jennysc
Feb 13 2011, 05:02 AM
no that was not what I was asking I am trying to ask. You go and open up all your facilities on your farm. Then you store everything that is done . But then you look up and where it says what you have pending, then it says Done. But there is no more to store. So why does it say done at the top when there is no more on the facilities to store. So should the done say zero instead of more to be stored when there is no more.

Rob T
Feb 13 2011, 06:11 AM
no that was not what I was asking I am trying to ask. You go and open up all your facilities on your farm. Then you store everything that is done . But then you look up and where it says what you have pending, then it says Done. But there is no more to store. So why does it say done at the top when there is no more on the facilities to store. So should the done say zero instead of more to be stored when there is no more.

It is showing you whats done on ALL farms, but at the moment the filter to show you the facilities on all farms has been disabled. It wont read zero until the other farms have been collected too.

Nightowl 1942
Feb 13 2011, 06:23 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you. You are the absolute greatest.

VelRib
Feb 13 2011, 07:13 AM
Fantastic, this game gets better and better. Thank you very much for all the new goodies..Love it.

Grammy 11
Feb 13 2011, 08:22 AM
Hurray for the latest update! How about a MAX ALL option in the facilities in addition to STORE ALL? Happy farming.

kimbee2
Feb 13 2011, 08:32 AM
Love this one Thanks!!

Michael Moore
Feb 13 2011, 09:00 AM
I still have an issue with plots that can't be deleted. I still stack and layer. this is the only way to get the produce needed for facilities sorry if it offends some people, but I think if you deleted all those who do this there would be very few Farm Town players. nearly all farms I get hired to work on are stacked and layered.
I am a true addict. the only game I play on Facebook.... well the only game I play period.
Probably 18 hours a day.
LOVE YOU FARM TOWN

I have to agree here. the fix for dead plots is not in place yet, or at least, not working. I have layered since the "glitch" was first discovered, and it has never been a problem, since I simply plow them in and create good crop fields with them, but I would like to make some changes to my farms and really can't do that until the dead plots are sorted out. To ask for a reset is futile, I have 60,000 trees spread across my 8 farms, and even with the increased item storage, it ain't that big!

Sandie Angel
Feb 13 2011, 09:12 AM
Item 8 I have suggested that a few months ago, thanks for doing this a few months later. Many of the things I have suggested was for a good course, or else I wouldn't have spent the time to say it.

Thanks anyway for this!!

BTW: I absolutely love the Distillery and the Smokehouse. I think they are the easiest factories to upload!!

Sandie Angel :)

SirDaywalker
Feb 13 2011, 10:01 AM
Dropping in to give EXTRA Groovy Thanks for
getting rid of those bottom screen Ads.
:D:D:D

Those things caused a lot of Script errors on Firefox,
and frankly IE and my system say they didnt like them either.
:( :mad: :(

So thanks n stuff
:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, I have one more thing to ask...lol.
:o
Seeing as how we have to keep up with Production by
putting Dairy Facilities on several farms...lol, are
there any plans to make it...a little more on
the aesthetically pleasing side?

:cool:

Over n Out

:D

Scarlet
Feb 13 2011, 10:38 AM
Love the new update. I have a bit of feedback on the facilities manager: it seems to be refusing to show zero done when everything is done. I clicked through my famrs again and couldn't find anything left to store! (I know there is a glitch on the all farms finction so guess this is connencted.)

servocrow
Feb 13 2011, 10:40 AM
Even with the filter to *ALL FARMS* being disabled at present, the ability to *STORE ALL* and the 30+ batches have sped up the facility functions EXPONENTIALLY!! THANKS THANKS THANKS!!!! It also helps you get the most of what you have in storage. JUST WONDERFUL!!

And I SOOOOOOOOOO heart the ground covers....My beach layout looks so much better with a sand cover instead of the patches. And I can utilize those patches in the same manner as the *snow patches* with a bit of drifting here and there.

Truly the best app on FB, hands down.

Blitzen1973
Feb 13 2011, 10:40 AM
Are there uses for the implements for the spreaders that I keep receiving as gifts, or are they just for decoration? I have both the red and orange manure spreaders and 2 implements...one is longer and sort of green and the other one is red and has a funnel on top. Just wondering if they have a use at all, or if I could just store or sell them.

Thanks.

Grammy 11
Feb 13 2011, 10:41 AM
Love the new update. I have a bit of feedback on the facilities manager: it seems to be refusing to show zero done when everything is done. I clicked through my famrs again and couldn't find anything left to store! (I know there is a glitch on the all farms finction so guess this is connencted.)

I noticed that as well. Finally decided it will be part of linking all facilities on all farms. (Am I correct in thinking that STORE ALL will then store from all farms at once?)

Double T Dude Ranch
Feb 13 2011, 10:53 AM
Are there uses for the implements for the spreaders that I keep receiving as gifts, or are they just for decoration? I have both the red and orange manure spreaders and 2 implements...one is longer and sort of green and the other one is red and has a funnel on top. Just wondering if they have a use at all, or if I could just store or sell them.

Thanks.

The implements are just decoration :)

Double T Dude Ranch
Feb 13 2011, 10:55 AM
I noticed that as well. Finally decided it will be part of linking all facilities on all farms. (Am I correct in thinking that STORE ALL will then store from all farms at once?)

The store all does work now if you have the filter set to 'active facilities on current farm'. It stores all the items in you facility in one click, but you have to click 'store all' for each facility.

When the filter for all farms works, you'll be able to access all your facilities on all farms on the one screen.

Hillie
Feb 13 2011, 10:56 AM
Wonderful Update! A great big hug to the developers. To those that are complaining about spending money for items - First of all, Slash Key is in business. Tell me what business/store can you walk into and come out with bags full of stuff and not having to spent a penny? None that I can think of (unless you want to try the "five-finger discount". I am sure that the people at SlashKey have mortages, utility payments, ect - and, like us, they know that money does not grow on trees.
Second, this game is what you make of it. You can still play this game and not spend a dime.

Ilsewdm
Feb 13 2011, 11:04 AM
Probably 18 hours a day.
LOVE YOU FARM TOWN

If it's the "only way to get the produce needed for facilities" then the information HOW to layer should be made available to everyone. Every time someone new asks about it, they are told that this is not allowed and, therefore, not talked about. All the new people have to do this the hard way. I, too, am addicted to FT and wouldn't even be on Facebook without it. I started this game last year in July and am at the top level with over 4.5 million XP and every tool and facility available. It didn't come easy, many 18 hour days were spent plus untold real dollars.

So which is it? If it's "allowed" then tell us all how it's done. If it NOT allowed, then fix it!

Tiger
Feb 13 2011, 11:44 AM
If it's the "only way to get the produce needed for facilities" then the information HOW to layer should be made available to everyone. Every time someone new asks about it, they are told that this is not allowed and, therefore, not talked about. All the new people have to do this the hard way. I, too, am addicted to FT and wouldn't even be on Facebook without it. I started this game last year in July and am at the top level with over 4.5 million XP and every tool and facility available. It didn't come easy, many 18 hour days were spent plus untold real dollars.

So which is it? If it's "allowed" then tell us all how it's done. If it NOT allowed, then fix it!

You will not find information on how to do it in the forum. That practise forces the game to try to store a lot of information in a small space which will corrupt the data on your farm and put a strain on the server and your flash capabilities. Problems can range from connection errors/freezing to undeletable plots or worse, for anyone using or trying to work those farms. Developers and moderators do not condone the use of layering because it is known to cause numerous problems and can sometimes damage your farm to the point where it cannot be repaired. In the past some steps were put in place to limit the use of it as it was affecting the game overall, there may come a time when they decide to finalise the steps to eliminate layering altogether.

levarti2
Feb 13 2011, 12:31 PM
Thanks for everything on this update ... I had quit the game for several months and now am saying "uncle". Gave in because of the improvements (forklift is wonderful and will be better when the all farms filter is fixed). Anything that helps with time management for facilities is greatly appreciated and in this case, it's huge. I've been squaking for months about not having ability to make enough cheese (with 8 dairy processing plants) and I said "uncle" there too - broke down and requested help from friends. I still don't think having that as the only option is right but there's no way to produce enough cheese otherwise. Love the new ground covers and the soup restaurant is the most innovative I've seen so far (with the variety of ingredients).

thanks again

StoneFace
Feb 13 2011, 12:41 PM
I beg to differ. It states in the rules that layering is not allowed. IMO, if it's against the rules the offenders should be banned from the game.

I have two neighbors who have some layered farms. I guess that makes for faster income and faster filling of facilities.

They take the chance, whatever it is, of wrecking their own farms, not mine. I prefer to not even place trees on top of crops. The only thing I have "layered" is the river corners to form a waterfall. Of course it makes the availability of fish diminish, but so what.

The rules of the game apply to all players (# of pts to level up, items for coin or FTcash etc). That should be enough.

If some choose to go outside the game for gifts, or stay inside the game and layer.......... SO WHAT.

IMHO they should not be banned from the game because they have NOT affected the actual play of anyone else.

By the way... do you work the posted facilities of those who layer.... ever??

Do you consider that you are making more coin off their increased facilities and inventories.

If you support "their habit", perhaps the banning should include your action.

jk..... silly huh

Just enjoy the game, and maybe give them the information about possible damage to their farms. They may be totally unaware.

Grammy 11
Feb 13 2011, 01:07 PM
I have two neighbors who have some layered farms. I guess that makes for faster income and faster filling of facilities.

They take the chance, whatever it is, of wrecking their own farms, not mine. I prefer to not even place trees on top of crops. The only thing I have "layered" is the river corners to form a waterfall. Of course it makes the availability of fish diminish, but so what.

The rules of the game apply to all players (# of pts to level up, items for coin or FTcash etc). That should be enough.

If some choose to go outside the game for gifts, or stay inside the game and layer.......... SO WHAT.

IMHO they should not be banned from the game because they have NOT affected the actual play of anyone else.

By the way... do you work the posted facilities of those who layer.... ever??

Do you consider that you are making more coin off their increased facilities and inventories.

If you support "their habit", perhaps the banning should include your action.

jk..... silly huh

Just enjoy the game, and maybe give them the information about possible damage to their farms. They may be totally unaware.

Second that emotion! If you have nothing to win, you can't cheat.

Double T Dude Ranch
Feb 13 2011, 01:11 PM
Please, as Tony said, let's keep this News and Announcements on topic, which of course, is about the new update. Thank you!

wildtig2013
Feb 13 2011, 01:43 PM
all these updates are fine, but pass this on to the developers and this has been mentioned before!!

CRITICALLY NEEDED UPDATES:

1. one click to send all the gifts to storage
2. raise the 1000 items every 11 hrs purchase limit at the market: when you have 8 farms and factories on all 8 farms, 1000 items is not enough to keep those factories running
3. get our avatars some new clothes

Thank You!

Angel7
Feb 13 2011, 02:29 PM
Soup factory - EVERY item in here requires onions - ridiculous....

merianb
Feb 13 2011, 03:36 PM
I'm so glad they got rid of the pop up to sell or store harvest.

cherocreek
Feb 13 2011, 03:51 PM
Just wanted to say THANK YOU for the updates and additions over this past few months in particular. Everything you guys are doing is adding to the game experience and you are obviously listening to the players and using some of their suggestions. This puts you well ahead of your closest farm game competitor.

Once again, thanks for the game and the improvements.

MinniesMama
Feb 13 2011, 04:12 PM
Love the new updates. Thanks!!!

MeiMeis_Farm
Feb 13 2011, 04:17 PM
I love love LOVE the new covers! Especially the sand one! I gleefully went and deleted all the white dirt roads from my beach farm and covered it sand and giggled with delight. Thanks so much!

moravia
Feb 13 2011, 04:59 PM
Just to make sure, do you need plum or prune trees?

Double T Dude Ranch
Feb 13 2011, 05:05 PM
Just to make sure, do you need plum or prune trees?

For which thing?

The plums are now used in the drying facility.

septiembre
Feb 13 2011, 05:06 PM
Hi all, anyone can tell me where I get the lemon juice for DRYING FACILITY?
thanks

Double T Dude Ranch
Feb 13 2011, 05:07 PM
Hi all, anyone can tell me where I get the lemon juice for DRYING FACILITY?
thanks

Lemon juice is produced in the juice factory.

Taz D
Feb 13 2011, 05:48 PM
For which thing?

The plums are now used in the drying facility.
Just out of curiosity what the heck is a prune tree??? Aren't Prunes dried plums?

Double T Dude Ranch
Feb 13 2011, 05:50 PM
Just out of curiosity what the heck is a prune tree??? Aren't Prunes dried plums?

Yep...but I think there is an Italian tree that is considered a prune tree.

Tony D
Feb 13 2011, 05:50 PM
Just out of curiosity what the heck is a prune tree??? Aren't Prunes dried plums?There is a variety of tree that is called an Italian prune tree

Blitzen
Feb 13 2011, 05:56 PM
All the New Changes are AWESOME! Can't wait for the 9th Farm. Any word on when that will be???

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes.

1. 10 new Farm Covers in the Paths/Ground section in the Store:

Dry Grass
Semi Dry Taller Grass
Autumn Grass
Light Brown Plain Land
Brown Plain Land
Dusty Ground
Dirty Ground
Asphalt Ground
Sand Cover
Water Cover

2. New Filters in Facility Manager: You can now filter your facilities in the Facility Manager using the Filter icon below the Sort icon. These are the available filters:

- Facilities in Current Farm
- Active Facilities in Current Farm
- Active Facilities in All Farms **MOD Edit: This is temporary disabled due to glitches.**

Active Facilities are facilities that have at least one product with Pending or Done productions. We are still missing one filter 'Facilities in All Farms' which we will be releasing in the future, but having the 'Active Facilities in All Farms' in the meantime should help.

Also, the 'Pending' text in each Facility is now green when there is at least one product that you can make on that facility.

3. Forklift Tool (FC): Allows you to use the 'Store All' button in the Facility Manager to Store All products in one Facility with one click. This tool consumes 1 fuel for each different type of product it stores.

4. Start +30 Batches with one click: There is a +30 button in each facility that will allow you to start up to 30 batches at once.

5. Tree Shaker 8 x 8 (FC): If you already own the Tree Shaker 8 x 4, then you can by this new Tree Shaker to harvest trees twice as fast, up to 64 at a time.

6. Increased Item Storage capacity: You have now 10 slots available on your Item Storage for each neighbour you have, a 100% increase.

7. Flower Fertilizer: If you own the Orange Manure Spreader, when you fertilize your farms, your flowers will be fertilized as well.

8. The Harvest and Sell option and other popups removed: From now on, when you harvest, all your harvest will go to your storage. Also, popups when storing baits in Gift Box and when moving to the pending tabs in a Facility have been removed.

9. Bottom Advertisings removed: We decided to remove the bottom ads in the game to improve players experience until we are absolutly sure they will not interfere with the game performance. In the meantime, we may show some holidays farmcash offers.

10. Corrupted items in farms are now hidden automatically: Ocassionally there were items in the farm that could not be deleted or moved, specially plow or gone to waste fields, those items are now hidden.

11. Optimizations when working at neighbour facilities: You should experience much less timeouts because of this. Also, when experiencing timeouts you will have the option to retry the operation to avoid reloading your farm and losing context, for ex: you can continue working after hired.

12. Users that don't own the Red Manure Spreader can now send the Orange Manure Spreader to their neighbours as a Gift: However the recipient of the gift still needs to own the *Red* Manure Spreader for you to be able to send the *Orange* Manure Spreader.

13. Drying Facility (Coins): Allows you to produce dried Fruits and Veggies.

Raisins
Dried Plums
Dried Figs
Dried Mushrooms
Dried Split Peas
Dried Apricots
Dried Pears
Sweet Dried Cranberries

14. Soup Restaurant (FC): Allows you to make soups. You can produce Cream in the Diary Processing Plant.

Tomato Soup
Chicken Noodle Soup
French Onion Soup
Split Pea Soup
Cream of Mushrooms
Lobster Soup
Beef Chili Soup

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul

Double T Dude Ranch
Feb 13 2011, 05:58 PM
All the New Changes are AWESOME! Can't wait for the 9th Farm. Any word on when that will be???

Hehe only the devs know :)

lulu836
Feb 13 2011, 05:59 PM

Cheese and onions........I have to agree!

septiembre
Feb 13 2011, 07:23 PM
Lemon juice is produced in the juice factory.

Thank you very much! The problem is I have no juice maker, should be included in the gifts.
I do not speak good English and I am using the google translator, I hope the message is well understood
Thanks

LabradorFarmer
Feb 13 2011, 08:21 PM

Actually, there is also a variety of prunes that grows on trees in the us (they are very similar to plums.

But speaking of game "reality"...ever seen a cranberry tree? :D

Double T Dude Ranch
Feb 13 2011, 08:22 PM
Actually, there is also a variety of prunes that grows on trees in the us (they are very similar to plums.

But speaking of game "reality"...ever seen a cranberry tree? :D

There is actually a cranberry bush/tree thing...we've had that debate many times lol,

pattylarson
Feb 13 2011, 08:39 PM
Hi everyone. I have cleared my cache and macromedia files. BUT I am not getting my XP when I plow, sow, or use my facilities. Please is anyone else having this problem?

Renagade
Feb 13 2011, 08:53 PM
Farm Town will not let me post my factories. I get everything but the last option to send to neighbors. Why?

anstar
Feb 13 2011, 09:54 PM
I love the 'retry' option for when I time out, instead of just tossing me off whatever farm I'm working. Still *not* loving the frequency of the timeouts, or the multiple attempts to load a farm (any farm). While I appreciate the prompt attention by mods, **Please** don't tell me to try the 'tips' in the first post again. I have both been there and done that. Thank you.

TsunamiVince
Feb 14 2011, 02:38 AM
Base FC off of XP instead of levels, and most peoples FC complaints would go away. Levels are arbitrarily picked and will be a never ending source of complaints because, well, THEY ARE ARBITRARILY PICKED. XP is an indication of your progress in the game. You would be able to tell people that can't afford to purchase FC to simply work harder.

Quite honestly it's a total no brainer to switch FC to XP instead of levels. This should have been done ages ago.

Cheese production is a problem.

Tony D
Feb 14 2011, 02:41 AM
Base FC off of XP instead of levels, and most peoples FC complaints would go away. Levels are arbitrarily picked and will be a never ending source of complaints because, well, THEY ARE ARBITRARILY PICKED. XP is an indication of your progress in the game. You would be able to tell people that can't afford to purchase FC to simply work harder.

Quite honestly it's a total no brainer to switch FC to XP instead of levels. This should have been done ages ago.

Cheese production is a problem.Hi , this would be a better place to make suggestions in regards to Farm Cash

http://slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=332022

TsunamiVince
Feb 14 2011, 03:04 AM
ok, will do.

Why aren't my cow/pig/sheep/chicken pens in the facilities thingy?

Tony D
Feb 14 2011, 04:45 AM
ok, will do.

Why aren't my cow/pig/sheep/chicken pens in the facilities thingy?That is the way the Dev's have set the facility manager up. If if would like to suggest they add the animal buildings to the facility manager then you can do that in the suggestion section as well :)

al_bundy
Feb 14 2011, 05:06 AM
if cheese is a problem add dairy facilities to more farms

as for the farm cash that is how Slashkey make a living from the game im sure they get advertising dollars aswell but the cost of development of this game would be huge so slashkey no doubt have to limit how much free farm cash they give away.

the more levels you achieve the more fc you will get aswell as buying some

i purchase fc each week.

Great work Guys

CynthiaSue
Feb 14 2011, 06:39 AM
Like the add 30 at a time, and would love the abiility to load all my facilities from one farm no matter which farm they are on. Hope they get that fixed.

If one buys the forklift and clicks store all, does it simply store it all or is there a confirm button. If there isn't, I wouldn't buy the forklift even if it was coin at this point. I have accidentally clicked the store all button a couple of times now and would have not been too happy if I had actually stored all. I guess it is no big deal to me to have to click a few more times to store my items and have the peace of mind that I won't accidentally store something I don't want to store cause I am in a hurry.
I doubt most people would want a confirm button as it would be extra clicks.

I think it is probably time for me to put the game on hold. I hate not to post for my neighbors, but don't guess I really care to have any more facilities than I already have even if they make loading and unloading easier. I don't want to plant any more than I already do. There is just nothing new to excite me in the game anymore. I must be burned out from playing too much. I guess I keep hoping they come up with something new other than more facilities.

WingmanFarm
Feb 14 2011, 07:46 AM
Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes.

4. Start +30 Batches with one click: There is a +30 button in each facility that will allow you to start up to 30 batches at once.

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul

Thank you. My clicking finger thanks you also! :)

LadyLen
Feb 14 2011, 09:13 AM
Not quite sure how the forklift works , could you explain in childlike terms for this old woman? thx

NiMo1960
Feb 14 2011, 10:01 AM
Farm Town will not let me post my factories. I get everything but the last option to send to neighbors. Why?

Are you sending in full screen mode?
You need to be in normal screen mode to see last bit to post to home page.

Double T Dude Ranch
Feb 14 2011, 10:04 AM
Not quite sure how the forklift works , could you explain in childlike terms for this old woman? thx

Alright :)

After you buy the forklift you put it into storage.

Then when you go to your facility manager, you'll see 2 options when you are viewing your facilities. You'll see 'open' and you will see 'store all'. If you have the forklift, you can click store all and it will store all the products in that facility for you in one click.

Liz White
Feb 14 2011, 11:07 AM
Is anyone else having this problem? Since the latest new things arrived my yogurt/cheese making facility has stopped working, first it let me put in more than the limit and then it froze there, I didn't notice it had gone over the limit until it was done and had gone to 0, now its frozen and won't produce. I tried putting it into storage since your supposed to loose your product, but when I brought it back out the numbers were the same. Help.....

Double T Dude Ranch
Feb 14 2011, 11:19 AM
Is anyone else having this problem? Since the latest new things arrived my yogurt/cheese making facility has stopped working, first it let me put in more than the limit and then it froze there, I didn't notice it had gone over the limit until it was done and had gone to 0, now its frozen and won't produce. I tried putting it into storage since your supposed to loose your product, but when I brought it back out the numbers were the same. Help.....

Make sure the date and time on your computer are correct.

Clear your cache.

If you still have trouble, link your farm. Also you may be better off posting here in help and support rather than news and announcements...your post may get lost in here lol :http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=393410

Farmer5 Gary
Feb 14 2011, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the new releases. I noticed that my flowers were suddenly fertilized! Great stuff. I haven't checked anything yet, but doesn't French Onion Soup require CHEESE? Please, please, please...do something about the lack of cheese. I have EIGHT dairies and never have enough cheese for all the facilities.
Ok, enough whining. I have work to do, lol.

that makes two of us!!

bigmama1965
Feb 14 2011, 11:45 AM
Hi everyone, unless I have totally gone crazy and am just not seeing it...the plum tree seems to be gone from the store possibly since the new release? It was there a day or two ago but I have looked and looked and don't see it there now. Is anyone else seeing the same thing?

Double T Dude Ranch
Feb 14 2011, 11:46 AM
Hi everyone, unless I have totally gone crazy and am just not seeing it...the plum tree seems to be gone from the store possibly since the new release? It was there a day or two ago but I have looked and looked and don't see it there now. Is anyone else seeing the same thing?

It's not been in the store, it's gift only :)

bigmama1965
Feb 14 2011, 11:53 AM
I was sure it was in the store. Oh well, off to the gift collecting I go. Thanks for the reply

Ann Morse
Feb 14 2011, 12:07 PM
Thanks for all the great updates, I really love working on my farms. Thanks everyone.

ScottLanter
Feb 14 2011, 01:03 PM

If you overfilled its capacity when the glitch was in effect, it's probably still overflowing. That's what a couple of mine are doing. They simply haven't dropped below the normal maximum capacity level to allow a refill.

Blitzen1973
Feb 14 2011, 02:09 PM
Nice updates
Would have liked to have seen the time to harvest a crop doubled as my work hours makes it tricky to get back to the game to harvest the 8hr items before they perish (often I fail to make it in time).

You actually have twice as long to get back to the crop before it withers. So an 8 hour crop, you'll have 16 hours before it withers. 4 hour crops, that might be difficult LOL. But I'd do those when you get home from work and then harvest before you go to bed. Or plant right as you're going to bed and harvest in the morning when you wake up (if you sleep 8 hours LOL).

ButtonDogArt
Feb 14 2011, 03:08 PM
Absolutely LOVE the changes!!! Any idea when we might see Farm #9 and some new levels? I can't wait!!!

Double T Dude Ranch
Feb 14 2011, 03:08 PM
Absolutely LOVE the changes!!! Any idea when we might see Farm #9 and some new levels? I can't wait!!!

Heh, only the devs know when ;)

StoneFace
Feb 14 2011, 03:17 PM

I think the most common guess, and it will only be a guess, will be either Friday March the 18th or Friday March the 25th.

By then, they will be required to release at least a farm and another 15+ levels (and some more goodies to buy), if only to stop the withdrawal pains of so many addicts at this game site.

Looweez
Feb 14 2011, 05:33 PM
Love the new updates -terrific AND time saving!

Does anyone else feel the the dirty ground looks more beach-like than the actual sand though???

Mrs Borgies
Feb 14 2011, 07:00 PM
Love the new updates -terrific AND time saving!

Does anyone else feel the the dirty ground looks more beach-like than the actual sand though???

Yep...and the reason I use it for my Island farm, as sand....lol

bjbear1103
Feb 14 2011, 07:49 PM
This is a great update. However, the new facilties manager filters are not working for me - and if I click on any of the filters, I get "this filter is temporarily disabled" and can't use the facilities manager at all. Am I alone in this?

PS am posting this in the relevant help thread.

Where can I find these Threads to read?? I to am loosing all stuff that is in my factories, plus when I go to the market to sell, I do not receive my coins!!! I have lost tons of coins the last two days! so now I have not emptied my factories out so I do not lose my coins from selling!!!!!

Tiger
Feb 14 2011, 07:57 PM
Where can I find these Threads to read?? I to am loosing all stuff that is in my factories, plus when I go to the market to sell, I do not receive my coins!!! I have lost tons of coins the last two days! so now I have not emptied my factories out so I do not lose my coins from selling!!!!!

Hello there,

What do you mean by losing stuff in factories. Are you saying you are storing them but the products are not getting put into your storage ? Or are they not producing ?

Try clearing your cache and macromedia files, close browser, and reload game. This will clear out any old data. Instructions , if you need them, can be found........
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666

bjbear1103
Feb 14 2011, 08:05 PM

yes, when I send my stuff to storage I LOSE IT! it does not go to storage! Once this am , I took one of my dinners and put all food in storage it did show up there this am, but then when Sold the Items for 27.000.00 It did not give me my coins. Done the same thing to me on Sunday! and Yes 89% of the time now I can not send anything from factories into storage because it does not show up!!
I have cleared my CACHE and Refreshed and it still happens!...So It is not from me not clearing my Cache or refreshing page!

Tiger
Feb 14 2011, 08:25 PM
yes, when I send my stuff to storage I LOSE IT! it does not go to storage! Once this am , I took one of my dinners and put all food in storage it did show up there this am, but then when Sold the Items for 27.000.00 It did not give me my coins. Done the same thing to me on Sunday! and Yes 89% of the time now I can not send anything from factories into storage because it does not show up!!
I have cleared my CACHE and Refreshed and it still happens!...So It is not from me not clearing my Cache or refreshing page!

Hello,
Please check that the time, day, month and year are still correct on your computer. Then........
Can you also clear your macromedia files, close browser, and reload game. This will clear out any old data and force new information to be stored. You may also want to back to the adobe site and try upping the storage for cdn.slashkey to 1MB and try uninstalling the flash player for the browser you are using and install a new copy to make sure there is no corrupt data there. Instructions , if you need them, can be found........
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666

If after trying all those you still have problems, please read the first post in the following link and supply the information requested in a post there.

Thank you

bjbear1103
Feb 14 2011, 08:28 PM
I just cleared Cache and refreshed page and went to my factories and stored egg rolls, then I went to go sell them. was to have earned 13,374 in Coins and did not receive my COINS!!

bjbear1103
Feb 14 2011, 08:29 PM
time and date are correct, what is macromedia files??

bjbear1103
Feb 14 2011, 08:33 PM
I'm sorry but I did not have any problems till they gave us the new factories....I have been playing since 08 and this is the First time ever to have any problem out of farm town. and I have noticed that more people are having the same problem...since!

Tiger
Feb 14 2011, 08:53 PM
time and date are correct, what is macromedia files??

I'm sorry but I did not have any problems till they gave us the new factories....I have been playing since 08 and this is the First time ever to have any problem out of farm town. and I have noticed that more people are having the same problem...since!

Macromedia files get created by appilcations on websites that you have visited, it's where information related to that application is stored on your computer. Sometimes this information becomes old or corrupted, which can interfere with some aspects of the game, so we ask you to delete the one related to farm town as it will force new data to be stored, like getting a new start.

Asking you to do the routine stuff tends to fix the majority of most issues and helps us narrow down and determine where the problem may lie.

It is up to you if you choose not to do the advise given.

stampingsinger
Feb 14 2011, 09:17 PM
I love this game and am totally addicted. However, the new dried facility confused me. I, as a former farm girl, always thought dried plums are prunes. Therefore, when I went to the marketplace there was no plum trees, so I purchased prune trees. Now I am stuck with all of these prune trees. Is there something I can do with them?
Apparently plum trees have to be gifted. I know some others that did the same thing.
In real life there is no such thing as a prune tree. FYI

Tiger
Feb 14 2011, 09:24 PM
I love this game and am totally addicted. However, the new dried facility confused me. I, as a former farm girl, always thought dried plums are prunes. Therefore, when I went to the marketplace there was no plum trees, so I purchased prune trees. Now I am stuck with all of these prune trees. Is there something I can do with them?
Apparently plum trees have to be gifted. I know some others that did the same thing.

Mmm no sorry prunes currently arent used in another facility , no idea if they will be in the future.

For future reference, next time a new facility comes out or your thinking of buying one you dont have yet, check out the game guide. Section 13 is all about facilitys and tells you what they need and what they produce. DT is pretty darn fast at updating it just after the release happens too :)

Taz D
Feb 14 2011, 09:32 PM
According to the mods there is a tree called an Italian Prune tree but it is also called an Italian Plum tree. I think the devs need to get rid of the Prune tree or make them Plum trees.
Just like they need to either change the name of the "chickens" in the store to chicks so we are not confused and think we are buying chickens that will give us eggs.

Tony D
Feb 14 2011, 09:33 PM
According to the mods there is a tree called an Italian Prune tree but it is also called an Italian Plum tree. I think the devs need to get rid of the Prune tree or make them Plum trees.
Just like they need to either change the name of the "chickens" in the store to chicks so we are not confused and think we are buying chickens that will give us eggs.Best placed in the suggestion thread mate ;)

BrookeB
Feb 14 2011, 10:11 PM

Hi. Have you tried going to your farm through a different browser or even a different computer? These options help to determine if the problem is the browser you use or the computer, or neither.

Denali
Feb 14 2011, 11:49 PM
for everyone complaining of not enough cheese- i have dairy facilities on all 8 farms, kept full constantly, and have almost 6000 cheese in storage. :) it is possible to keep up wth the cheese!!! lol.

i do agree that the 6 hours is a bit much tho.

katsmithBookie
Feb 15 2011, 10:06 AM
Absolutely love the new changes. The game is definitely headed in a good direction and is much more user friendly. Keep up the great work Devs. We do appreciate all you do to make our game time easier and more enjoyable.

mischellesteelersfan
Feb 15 2011, 10:55 AM
Just a slight concern. Sorry. The facility manager is showing facilities I don't have. I only have, for example, one chocolate factory, but I'm seeing three. Am I doing something daft? Advice please? Thank you.

the three means its on farm three lol

Double T Dude Ranch
Feb 15 2011, 10:57 AM
the three means its on farm three lol

Actually we are also having reports of mulitple factories too, which don't exist, which this sounds like it happened in this case :)

Jordan:A
Feb 15 2011, 11:15 AM
Love the update, but I see that something still hasn't been fixed, when you put something such as a small patch of grass under a facility, it shows up on top of the facility, I would love to see them actually do under facilities/buildings etc.

bushhog
Feb 15 2011, 01:38 PM
for everyone complaining of not enough cheese- i have dairy facilities on all 8 farms, kept full constantly, and have almost 6000 cheese in storage. :) it is possible to keep up wth the cheese!!! lol.

you may not have as many facilities as some of the rest of us have.. I also have eight dairies that I keep full and never have enough cheese. I agree that maybe the cheeses should be broken down to types. Such as mozzarella, cheddar, american and so on.

Kath-H
Feb 15 2011, 02:52 PM
sorry, american is not a cheese ;) yes, I've tasted it.

candydogs
Feb 15 2011, 02:54 PM
Hi There,

1. 10 new Farm Covers in the Paths/Ground section in the Store:

Dry Grass
Semi Dry Taller Grass
Autumn Grass
Light Brown Plain Land
Brown Plain Land
Dusty Ground
Dirty Ground
Asphalt Ground
Sand Cover
Water Cover

2. New Filters in Facility Manager: You can now filter your facilities in the Facility Manager using the Filter icon below the Sort icon. These are the available filters:

- Facilities in Current Farm
- Active Facilities in Current Farm
- Active Facilities in All Farms **MOD Edit: This is temporary disabled due to glitches.**

Active Facilities are facilities that have at least one product with Pending or Done productions. We are still missing one filter 'Facilities in All Farms' which we will be releasing in the future, but having the 'Active Facilities in All Farms' in the meantime should help.

Also, the 'Pending' text in each Facility is now green when there is at least one product that you can make on that facility.

3. Forklift Tool (FC): Allows you to use the 'Store All' button in the Facility Manager to Store All products in one Facility with one click. This tool consumes 1 fuel for each different type of product it stores.

5. Tree Shaker 8 x 8 (FC): If you already own the Tree Shaker 8 x 4, then you can by this new Tree Shaker to harvest trees twice as fast, up to 64 at a time.

6. Increased Item Storage capacity: You have now 10 slots available on your Item Storage for each neighbour you have, a 100% increase.

7. Flower Fertilizer: If you own the Orange Manure Spreader, when you fertilize your farms, your flowers will be fertilized as well.

8. The Harvest and Sell option and other popups removed: From now on, when you harvest, all your harvest will go to your storage. Also, popups when storing baits in Gift Box and when moving to the pending tabs in a Facility have been removed.

9. Bottom Advertisings removed: We decided to remove the bottom ads in the game to improve players experience until we are absolutly sure they will not interfere with the game performance. In the meantime, we may show some holidays farmcash offers.

10. Corrupted items in farms are now hidden automatically: Ocassionally there were items in the farm that could not be deleted or moved, specially plow or gone to waste fields, those items are now hidden.

11. Optimizations when working at neighbour facilities: You should experience much less timeouts because of this. Also, when experiencing timeouts you will have the option to retry the operation to avoid reloading your farm and losing context, for ex: you can continue working after hired.

12. Users that don't own the Red Manure Spreader can now send the Orange Manure Spreader to their neighbours as a Gift: However the recipient of the gift still needs to own the *Red* Manure Spreader for you to be able to send the *Orange* Manure Spreader.

13. Drying Facility (Coins): Allows you to produce dried Fruits and Veggies.

Raisins
Dried Plums
Dried Figs
Dried Mushrooms
Dried Split Peas
Dried Apricots
Dried Pears
Sweet Dried Cranberries

14. Soup Restaurant (FC): Allows you to make soups. You can produce Cream in the Diary Processing Plant.

Tomato Soup
Chicken Noodle Soup
French Onion Soup
Split Pea Soup
Cream of Mushrooms
Lobster Soup
Beef Chili Soup

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul

This Is so great saves a lot of time you all do a great job...Love Farmtown best game on Facebook..Still need more cheese please keep that In mind run out all the time...Thanks

candydogs
Feb 15 2011, 02:56 PM
Please up the cheese product need a lot of It for the facilities never have enough.

candydogs
Feb 15 2011, 03:01 PM

I have one on every farm too, but never have enough, because I have all the facilities, and 12 of those use cheese It takes a lot of cheese.

farmer apples
Feb 15 2011, 05:24 PM
Cheese cheese cheese!!! Just don't make all the items that need it... I am making 200 000 000 coin every 3- 4 days and dont max my cheese products out...there are other things to make! Cheese good...:D

zardalu
Feb 15 2011, 07:04 PM
In a way, I hate the 8x8 tree shaker. I bought it. But it took me several days to rearrange my trees in an optimal patterm for the 8x4 shaker. Now I have to spend many boring hours moving my trees again to get the optimal 8x8 pattern. Why not make the shaker and tools like it catch ALL that it can that is next to each other? "Up to 64". Please make it so that it can do ALL 64 next to each other. I am NOT going to rearrange my trees again, spending several VERY BORING hours to make it optimal for the 8x8. The 8x8 is NOT fun.

zardalu
Feb 15 2011, 07:08 PM
Arranging trees in an optimal pattern takes many boring hours. Especially since we can't move them quickly or hide an entire set of trees. I hate having to spend many more boring hours rearranging my trees in an optimal pattern for the 8x8. This is NOT an improvement for people who already have a lot of trees.

zardalu
Feb 15 2011, 07:11 PM
How about a tool to let us move 8x4 blocks of trees to rearrange them? For people who already spent the FC to get the 8x8 shaker?

In most cases, my 8x8 is useless. I am sorry I wasted my FC on it.

Tony D
Feb 15 2011, 07:15 PM
How about a tool to let us move 8x4 blocks of trees to rearrange them? For people who already spent the FC to get the 8x8 shaker?

In most cases, my 8x8 is useless. I am sorry I wasted my FC on it.Hi , it would be better to post suggestions for farm tools in this thread.

http://slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=332014

zardalu
Feb 15 2011, 07:28 PM
Hi , it would be better to post suggestions for farm tools in this thread.

http://slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=332014

Thanks, Tony, but it is also my experience that the devs will not change the way tools work. And the thread for posting suggestions is mostly ignored by the devs.

Tony D
Feb 15 2011, 07:30 PM
Thanks, Tony, but it is also my experience that the devs will not change the way tools work. And the thread for posting suggestions is mostly ignored by the devs.Hi, I can assure you it is not ignored, they may not take on all the suggestions , but they do not ignore them.

billyjoe87
Feb 15 2011, 08:08 PM
the tab in facility manager, active facilities on all farms says it is temporarily disabled, how long is this to be expected, and saving of facilities is acting up and not working half the time. have cleaned my pc thoroughly, and still have the problem.

amberdh
Feb 15 2011, 08:13 PM
the tab in facility manager, active facilities on all farms says it is temporarily disabled, how long is this to be expected, and saving of facilities is acting up and not working half the time. have cleaned my pc thoroughly, and still have the problem.

Hello there. The function was disabled because of glitches. The developers will have that up and running once the kinks are worked out.

Saving of facilities? I am not sure what you mean.

billyjoe87
Feb 15 2011, 08:55 PM
by facilities saving i mean, that i fill them, and leave farmtown, after hitting save, and waiting for the pop up...when i have returned, the work i did, wasnt done.

suga_love_135
Feb 16 2011, 06:07 AM
well i'm unsure as to were i am supposed to put this so if it's in the wrong place sorry

i love the facility manager although i would love to see it tell me my total of everything in my facs before i store all so i can know if i should collect it now or keep it for a few more days

just a thought

NiMo1960
Feb 16 2011, 08:39 AM
You actually have twice as long to get back to the crop before it withers. So an 8 hour crop, you'll have 16 hours before it withers. 4 hour crops, that might be difficult LOL. But I'd do those when you get home from work and then harvest before you go to bed. Or plant right as you're going to bed and harvest in the morning when you wake up (if you sleep 8 hours LOL).

you sure?
Unless it has changed in the last 6 month then it is still only the same time to wither than it is to ripen, so 8hr items are dead in 16 hours from planting

knotroot42
Feb 16 2011, 10:32 AM
when is the next level comming ????:):D

StoneFace
Feb 16 2011, 10:37 AM
when is the next level comming ????:):D

pretty much guarantee that it won't be today.

my guess.... March 22, give or take 5 days

MelanieLee
Feb 16 2011, 03:21 PM
help please how do i get lemon juice?

Rob T
Feb 16 2011, 03:23 PM
help please how do i get lemon juice?

You would need the juice factory to make lemon juice.

Socrate
Feb 16 2011, 03:25 PM
what needs lemon juice?

MelanieLee
Feb 16 2011, 03:26 PM
Thank YOU, I have lemons and didn't know how to squeeze them. LOL

MelanieLee
Feb 16 2011, 03:27 PM
New stuff in the Drying factory.

Rob T
Feb 16 2011, 03:28 PM
Thank YOU, I have lemons and didn't know how to squeeze them. LOL

You're very welcome :)

tinlug
Feb 16 2011, 08:20 PM
Am i correct that we get plums from the prune tree or can someone tell me where they come from please

pangea009
Feb 16 2011, 08:27 PM
You get plums from the plum trees.....

amberdh
Feb 16 2011, 08:29 PM
Am i correct that we get plums from the prune tree or can someone tell me where they come from please

You get plums from the plum trees.....

....which is an item that your friends will need to gift you.

annie2011
Feb 17 2011, 09:26 AM
The withering times have not changed. What alot of ppl forget too is 1 farmtown day is 20 hours not 24. So if you plant 3 day crops only takes 2 and half days to be ready for harvest

Bobby Jo
Feb 17 2011, 03:05 PM
the forklift is basically a way to get 40 FC out of you so you can click a button

I so agree :/ Its not like there isn't enough cash tools but that was another slap in the face.

Way to just not make it easier to do stuff for all players Farm Town...

I generally feel this game is awesome when it comes to cash stuff... but this forklift being that expensive and the cash tools being the only ones to use on other farms... thanks a lot... for nothing :/

Its like I get FC but I dont get enough to keep up! What's next? 100FC for a "work all facilities" when visiting neighbors??? This totally sucks.

lulu836
Feb 17 2011, 04:00 PM
Slashkey is a software publishing business and you are a beta tester. If you are willing to give them the money to make the software go gold then join the rest of us. If not remember you are a beta tester and as I was once told the developers can do anything they want to to change or "improve" the game. All things considered it's a middle of the road RPG........not outstanding but not a dog either.

alyceclover
Feb 17 2011, 04:19 PM

I notice people complaining about not enough cheese on many threads here. I only have one dairy, and stopped producting cheese due to having more of it than I could use. Maybe because several of my neighbors produce so much of it.

I have 200 cows, collect twice a day, giving me a constant 5,000 milk in storage. I keep selling 1/2 of the butter I amass. I think it is all in what we choose to produce. I just recently started max cheese production, and never notice how much I have ~ just never run out of it.

alyceclover
Feb 17 2011, 04:28 PM
Slashkey is a software publishing business and you are a beta tester. If you are willing to give them the money to make the software go gold then join the rest of us. If not remember you are a beta tester and as I was once told the developers can do anything they want to to change or "improve" the game. All things considered it's a middle of the road RPG........not outstanding but not a dog either.

We may be beta testers, but we are being entertained, for free. If I had more money, I would surely spend more to help them "go gold" faster.

I often wonder why FT is not the number one game played on FB, to each their own, but I think it is outstanding compared and 100% better than the number one farm game played on FB.

dansd111
Feb 17 2011, 04:57 PM
I so agree :/ Its not like there isn't enough cash tools but that was another slap in the face.
...snip...
Its like I get FC but I dont get enough to keep up! What's next? 100FC for a "work all facilities" when visiting neighbors??? This totally sucks.

Seems a bit dramatic... It's not like the game got any harder. You can just keep playing the way you always did.

I am very happy to have the fork lift, even though it cost about 7 real dollars. I would gladly pay for a forklift that would allow me to "work all facilities" when visiting neighbors. The fact that it will also help pay Slashkey's bills, is okay by me. I want them to make money and stay in business because I like this game.

With the 30x button (free), the facility manager's production chain (free), and the fork lift (farm cash), I have cut my facility load time down from 1 hour to about 20 minutes. In the morning, when I'm always short on time, the extra 40 minutes is worth way more than $7.00. But that's just me.

NiMo1960
Feb 17 2011, 05:04 PM
We may be beta testers, but we are being entertained, for free. If I had more money, I would surely spend more to help them "go gold" faster.

I often wonder why FT is not the number one game played on FB, to each their own, but I think it is outstanding compared and 100% better than the number one farm game played on FB.

Farm Town is held back by the program it runs in, that being Flash Player.
Flash is memory consuming, and does not return memory to the system once used, hence why a farm with lots of trees or animals is slow to load, and why you often have to hit the play tab to get some speed back.
Even my 8gb 64bit pc slows after about 15 farm visits, where as my older 32bit 2gb pc would slow after only 5 farm visits.

Farm Town is great, but Flash is a pain in the ...., but still I play (far too much)

StoneFace
Feb 17 2011, 05:04 PM
Seems a bit dramatic...It's not like the game got any harder. You can just keep playing the way you always did.

I am very happy to have the fork lift, even though it cost about 7 real dollars. I would gladly pay for a forklift that would allow me to "work all facilities" when visiting neighbors. The fact that it will also help pay Slashkey's bills, is okay by me. I want them to make money and stay in business because I like this game.

With the 30x button (free), the facility manager's production chain (free), and the fork lift (farm cash), I have cut my facility load time down from 1 hour to about 20 minutes. In the morning, when I'm always short on time, the extra 40 minutes is worth way more than $7.00. But that's just me.

Exactly...

the choice become to buy the tool and be a "have"

or

continue as before, and be a "have not"

knotroot42
Feb 17 2011, 05:07 PM
we really need a way to purchase fuel with coins the fuel maker is to slow these 8 farms really eat up fuel and please get ride of the layered and stacked crop they eat up fuel

levarti2
Feb 17 2011, 05:12 PM
anybody got any idea about how long it will take to fix the forklift filter for all farms?

thanks - it's a great time-saving tool and I look forward to having it work again.

Tony D
Feb 17 2011, 05:41 PM
anybody got any idea about how long it will take to fix the forklift filter for all farms?

thanks - it's a great time-saving tool and I look forward to having it work again.Hi, we cannot supply a set time sorry, the Dev's are working on the problem

PMPmom
Feb 17 2011, 08:06 PM
Awesome. Thank you.

bigsexy070707
Feb 17 2011, 10:00 PM
I'm loving all the additions. Maybe on your next release have an addition in the facilities so there is +10 +30 and then add a complete fill button so its only one click. I own all the restaurants and some duplicates. It takes forever to fill them all. Takes a lot less time with the new +30 button. So thank you for that. But it would be even faster with a fill up complete button next to the +30 button Thank you for reading. Looking forward to farm 9 being released. anytime soon perhaps?!?!?!?!?

Eddie

LadyRose_ow
Feb 17 2011, 10:09 PM
I still have spots on my farm that won't go away no matter how many times I get rid of them.

Inge Jones
Feb 18 2011, 05:32 AM
Argh we need a way to mine our own salt - or get it from the sea coasts or something. Even with the most number of neighbors you can have, they can't give you enough salt.

Bobby Jo
Feb 18 2011, 08:24 AM
I really wish I had nearly 20 bucks to just throw on pixels each time this game updates ;) Especially on a way overpriced (IMHO) forklift that just eliminates something you can do for yourself... I admit it'd be a heck of a lot easier and I get annoyed every time I open the manager now... it'll fade though because I keep telling myself I wont spend nearly 10 dollars for one item when I can do it myself :/ Its just a money grabbing thing that they could have been nice enough to do for us for free or for coins... and thats just how I feel about it :)

This game is starting to cater to its cash only users...nm if some of us spend when we're able...we're just out of luck.

And skimming this I saw someone mention something about being beta testers... do they even know what the term means? They get beta testers to give them feedback both negative and positive to improve the game. If everyone just clapped at everything they did good or bad then this game would never improve. Nevermind that I believe its still one of the better FB games even though *some* of the stuff they choose to make high priced cash items I find uncalled for.

And there is an issue with cheese... I can't put dairy farms on all 8 farms and I dont wish to because it'd ruin my design really (I'm big on decorating)... I don't think I should need to either. The production rates need to be tweaked especially with the truck, cheese and flour since more and more facilities are coming out with the same products. :/ And yet these things stay the same even as the demand for their products keep rising. Its hard for the little guy to stay afloat. Little guy in my case meaning the ones without a lot of active friends and no I do not add strangers.

Xiphias
Feb 18 2011, 08:56 AM
When's farm 9 coming out? Love the game :)

Tiger
Feb 18 2011, 09:42 AM
I still have spots on my farm that won't go away no matter how many times I get rid of them.

Hello there,

If by "spots" you mean "plots/fields" please click on the following link and read the first post on page 1. That has information and instructions to help with deleting them..........

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318070

Tiger
Feb 18 2011, 09:43 AM

LOL only the develpors know the answer to that :)

mad woman
Feb 18 2011, 10:25 AM
i wonder would you consider adding cherry,pear,coconut,mango and banana trees to the store even for a short time. if you don't have active neighbours, it's impossible to build up a few of these trees.

Texas Belle
Feb 18 2011, 11:52 AM
Nice updates
Would have liked to have seen the time to harvest a crop doubled as my work hours makes it tricky to get back to the game to harvest the 8hr items before they perish (often I fail to make it in time).

Don't know why, in reality you have 14 to 16 hrs before they wilt, so plenty of time to be able to harvest the 8 hrs crops.... I usually seed 12 hrs with one day crops and have not loosed any of them up to now...
You need those 4 and 8 hr crops to make xpoints faster.... ask me about planting raspberries all the time when the game first started and you could not plant or get upgrades unless you had certain number of x points... believe me its worth it and satisfying when you go up a step all due to your work and dedication, lolhttp://www.slashkey.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

Texas Belle
Feb 18 2011, 12:04 PM

I agree with you, I planted a whole farm with onions and when i started making soup the onions went bye bye.... onion pizza, onions on the breakfast, onions on the diner, onions for the tacos and guacamole, onions, onions, onions, everywhere. Its like the wheat, you have to plant three farms with them and use it on what you want the most, but my pet peeve is the pizzas... those things end up with your wheat, tomatoes and cheese... who ever heard of whole tomatoes in pizza... they take tomato sauce!
And now don't even try to make a lot of cream, it takes all your milk away... buy the new cows!!

StoneFace
Feb 18 2011, 12:51 PM

Maybe the 3rd week of March..... maybe sooner.

Just give this FT addict the overdose all at once:D

Farm #9...... $1 billion total one price for all 24x24. This might satisfy those who "want something to work for" and satisfy those who have already done the work. :cool:

then, :

Farm #10.... 12X12 for $50 million, each add-on (6) at $175 million ($1.1B)

Farm #11.... 12x12 for $75 million, next three add-ons at $175 million each , last 3 at $200 million each ($1.2B)

Farm #12.... 12x12 for $100 million, next three add-ons at $200 million each , last 3 at $250 million each ($1.45B)

then add one or two facilities, some goodies to buy, and maybe 10 levels each week... ..lol

ScottLanter
Feb 18 2011, 01:55 PM
It's been nearly a week. Anbody else getting tired of seeing this?

http://www.scottlanter.com/facebook/FarmTownDisabledPic.jpg

Taz D
Feb 18 2011, 03:37 PM

Obviously they have not found the problem yet.:(

JAS0643
Feb 18 2011, 04:49 PM
Maybe the 3rd week of March..... maybe sooner.

Just give this FT addict the overdose all at once:D

Farm #9...... $1 billion total one price for all 24x24. This might satisfy those who "want something to work for" and satisfy those who have already done the work. :cool:

then, :

Farm #10.... 12X12 for $50 million, each add-on (6) at $175 million ($1.1B)

Farm #11.... 12x12 for $75 million, next three add-ons at $175 million each , last 3 at $200 million each ($1.2B)

Farm #12.... 12x12 for $100 million, next three add-ons at $200 million each , last 3 at $250 million each ($1.45B)

then add one or two facilities, some goodies to buy, and maybe 10 levels each week... ..lol

First you keep giving march as the date for the release of farm 9 where are you getting that information from I have not seen anywhere on the forum where it says farm 9 is coming let alone when it will come. There is no set schedule for anything coming out so if you are going to try and say well farm 8 came out this date and farm 7 came our this date ... that means nothing. IMO no one but mods or the developers should be giving dates for when stuff comes out because all some people will see is a date and think that is set in stone when it is not.

Second your prices for farms 9 through 12 are off in my opinion. Farm 8 cost 1,388,000,000 coins so I think that farms 9 through 12 will cost more then that.

Taz D
Feb 18 2011, 04:58 PM
He is just wishful thinking and hoping the developers will see it and think it is a good idea. :D

StoneFace
Feb 18 2011, 04:59 PM
He is just wishful thinking and hoping the developers will see it and think it is a good idea. :D

This is true.... but the responder is consistent when responding to anything I post. :rolleyes:

Tony D
Feb 18 2011, 05:00 PM
And this is where I pop in with my friendly request to keep this thread on topic....

StoneFace
Feb 18 2011, 05:06 PM
And this is where I pop in with my friendly request to keep this thread on topic....

I did not know that green tigers were friendly...:cool:

harbo@q.com
Feb 18 2011, 05:49 PM
I would like you to add apples and nectarines to the dried fruits. also in the preserved fruits, applesause and apple butter.

Molly Mew
Feb 18 2011, 06:09 PM
First you keep giving march as the date for the release of farm 9 where are you getting that information from I have not seen anywhere on the forum where it says farm 9 is coming let alone when it will come. There is no set schedule for anything coming out so if you are going to try and say well farm 8 came out this date and farm 7 came our this date ... that means nothing. IMO no one but mods or the developers should be giving dates for when stuff comes out because all some people will see is a date and think that is set in stone when it is not.

Second your prices for farms 9 through 12 are off in my opinion. Farm 8 cost 1,388,000,000 coins so I think that farms 9 through 12 will cost more then that.

Lol JAS, he's just speculating. As you are with the estimated prices. :)

No one except the devs know when there'll be a new release or how much it will cost. :)

JAS0643
Feb 18 2011, 07:12 PM
Lol JAS, he's just speculating. As you are with the estimated prices. :)

No one except the devs know when there'll be a new release or how much it will cost. :)

I know he is just guessing but every time anyone ask, he posts march 25th and there are going to be people that only see a date and think that is set in stone. IMO no one should post dates except Mods and devs for that reason. It is not fair to people that do not read closely and just see a date.

LoreneC
Feb 18 2011, 11:42 PM

Not really. It will get fixed when it gets fixed. At least we know what great feature is coming!:p

ctu1010166
Feb 19 2011, 12:42 AM
I've a trouble with 8*8 Tree Shaker
I have 8*8 Tree Shaker in my storage. But when I harvest my trees, it does not work. Only 8*4 Tree Shaker work as well.

But when another players hire me, I can use 8*8 Tree Shaker to harvest their trees.
Please answer me, thank you!

ctu1010166
Feb 19 2011, 12:47 AM

Because it'll cause duplicated facilities.
I used it when this update have just released. The result is: my Fish Farming Plant can order 448 products per type (200% normal order), and 2 Coffee and Tea facilities from 2 to 4.

After 1 hr, this filter has been disabled.

1fritz
Feb 19 2011, 08:05 AM
Seems a bit dramatic... It's not like the game got any harder. You can just keep playing the way you always did.

I agree with Dansd111... It was worth the cash to me..not up there with the new tree shaker or orange manure spreader.. But most certianly worth it.

earlgray
Feb 19 2011, 11:24 AM
Hi There,

1. 10 new Farm Covers in the Paths/Ground section in the Store: ...

2. New Filters in Facility Manager: ...

3. Forklift Tool (FC): ...

4. Start +30 Batches with one click: ...

6. Increased Item Storage capacity: ...

8. The Harvest and Sell option and other popups removed: ...

Thanks for the upgrade! My thoughts about some of the changes:

1. The new farm covers are great, and I do appreciate them. But I don't think they should be considered a solution to the layering issues. I want to be able to have a farm that is not ALL sand but has a seacoast. So I still would like sand to be able to layer properly UNDER the seacoast. I don't understand why animals and avatars go UNDER the seacoast and sand and paths WON'T. It should be the other way around. I hope you can and will eventually fix this.

2. New filters - excellent addition. I look forward to the day when the facility manager will allow me to manage all my facilities without switching farms.

3. Forklift - I bought it, and I love the store-all capability, but I don't think this should have been a FC item.

4. Start 30 batches - a big improvement, but I don't know where you came up with the number 30. I'd prefer +50 or +100, or better yet, + whatever number is the maximum you can make.

6. Increased storage - a huge thanks for that!

8. Thanks for getting rid of the harvest and sell pop-up. I have posted my suggestion for dealing with other pop-up messages separately in the thread for that topic.

jewelsbyrose@aol.com
Feb 19 2011, 12:45 PM
I love all the new stuff, but is it possible to have a salt mine, as I can never get enough salt. I have 54 neighbors and send out gifts twice a day and get only about 5 back, so obviously the gift sending isn't working. Would love to either buy salt or mine it. Think about it.

beegy
Feb 19 2011, 06:00 PM
I second the salt mine:)

Grumpa
Feb 19 2011, 08:44 PM
I second the salt mine:)

A salt mine would be great.

also let us have out neighbors work it. :D

nothing like sending your neighbors to work in the salt mine is there. :eek:

Grumpa
Feb 19 2011, 08:50 PM
When I go to storage the Kidney Beans are having a problem loading.

Is it just me or are others having the same problem?

Tiger
Feb 19 2011, 08:53 PM

Just the kidney beans ? Lol no, havent come across that specific one before. Try clearing your browser cache see if it helps :)

JAS0643
Feb 19 2011, 08:55 PM

Just the kidney beans ? Lol no, havent come across that specific one before. Try clearing your browser cache see if it helps :)

I have that problem it is like they are loading the way stuff loaded before they changed the storage to where it loads fast.

Tiger
Feb 19 2011, 08:59 PM
I have that problem it is like they are loading the way stuff loaded before they changed the storage to where it loads fast.

Hmm, kidney beans tends to be the first thing listed when it says "loading", but it isnt loading storage any slower for me, so no problem here. Will keep an eye on it.

Ilsewdm
Feb 19 2011, 09:20 PM
I have the same problem. Before I harvested the first kidney beans, storage loaded instantaneously for me. Now it tells me that it's loading kidney beans and goes through all 3 retries before it finally loads. Everything else is already loaded while the beans are still trying.

1fritz
Feb 19 2011, 09:23 PM

I've noticed that the kidney beans have trouble loading

Fritz

JAS0643
Feb 19 2011, 09:32 PM
Hmm, kidney beans tends to be the first thing listed when it says "loading", but it isnt loading storage any slower for me, so no problem here. Will keep an eye on it.

That is what it is doing to me when I open storage. It doesn't take that long so I haven't worried to much about it.

borcharl
Feb 19 2011, 11:34 PM

Mine are taking 3 retries before loading.

snakpak
Feb 20 2011, 02:00 AM
ty ty ty
love all the new things and appreciate all you do for us
just a small query
any idea when a new farm will be available (I'm using 5 just for trees, fish, facilities and flowers) I need wore for room for crops now. lol ty ty ty

harbo@q.com
Feb 20 2011, 07:32 AM
Please put apples, bananas and nectarines in the dry fruit facilities. There is no where to use them...please put them in. Why is there such a big problem with doing that?

StoneFace
Feb 20 2011, 08:37 AM
ty ty ty
just a small query
any idea when a new farm will be available (I'm using 5 just for trees, fish, facilities and flowers) I need wore for room for crops now. lol ty ty ty

It appears you link to only 7 now. There is an eight available for your purchasing and farming pleasure.:D

The #9 FARM is down the dusty road a bit.... perhaps the last week in March. Two months between farms is more common than not.

Ilsewdm
Feb 20 2011, 09:03 AM
.... perhaps

You crack me up, ROFL

Double T Dude Ranch
Feb 20 2011, 09:59 AM
Please put apples, bananas and nectarines in the dry fruit facilities. There is no where to use them...please put them in. Why is there such a big problem with doing that?

Hi there,

Apples are used in the juice factory and confectionary facility currently.

Bananas are in used in the dinner restaurant and also the snack facility.

Check out chapter 27 in the game guide for all uses of crops :)

Scarlet
Feb 20 2011, 10:59 AM
Apples are used in the juice factory and confectionary facility currently.

And also for apple pie in the bakery!

KayGee
Feb 20 2011, 11:20 AM
And also for apple pie in the bakery!

And also in the frozen food facility! Please DON'T put them in the drying facility! LOL. Actually, it doesn't matter - I have no problem picking and choosing between uses for ingredients - I am not compelled, as some are, to make every single thing in every single facility that I own. That could get awfully frustrating, and it's the reason I finally put my pizza facility on the auction block. Cheese and flour and tomato hog!

P.S. Is Stoneface a mod? No, I didn't think so...wish that person would not pontificate about releases, etc...it gets people worked up unnecessarily. Just sayin'...

katsmithBookie
Feb 20 2011, 12:37 PM
I have never been able to harvest 23 trees @ once so I will definitely not purchase the new tree shaker!!!

I purchased the new tree shaker, but you can only get the max trees if they are grown in multiple rows. Plus, you actually have to go to the toolbox...green arrow...and select it there each time you want to use it. It doesn't replace the shaker in the harvest tool box. Not convenient at all. ALSO, when you work someone else's farm you are forced to use to OLD shaker, and can't use the new one. Wish I had known this, before I bought it.

Double T Dude Ranch
Feb 20 2011, 12:40 PM
I purchased the new tree shaker, but you can only get the max trees if they are grown in multiple rows. Plus, you actually have to go to the toolbox...green arrow...and select it there each time you want to use it. It doesn't replace the shaker in the harvest tool box. Not convenient at all. ALSO, when you work someone else's farm you are forced to use to OLD shaker, and can't use the new one. Wish I had known this, before I bought it.

Actually this is not true, you should be able to use your new one on other's farms.

ETA: Correct, just used it on another farm and was able to achieve 8x8.

lcswdonna
Feb 20 2011, 01:50 PM
I noticed that although the yellow tree shaker is shown as usable, it is actually the new green one that i am using on others farms. i finally got a farm with enough trees stacked right to be able to even tell it was the one being used.

JAS0643
Feb 20 2011, 02:14 PM
ty ty ty
just a small query

Contrary to what some people continue to post on the forum it is not known if we will get a farm 9 and if we do when that will be. Only the developers know the answers to those questions and they have not said.

NiMo1960
Feb 20 2011, 02:19 PM
I noticed that although the yellow tree shaker is shown as usable, it is actually the new green one that i am using on others farms. i finally got a farm with enough trees stacked right to be able to even tell it was the one being used.

Might have to get you doing my farms ... lol

Ilsewdm
Feb 20 2011, 04:12 PM
Contrary to what some people continue to post on the forum it is not known if we will get a farm 9 and if we do when that will be. Only the developers know the answers to those questions and they have not said.

I truly do not understand why you continue to complain about other people's speculations. Half the fun here is to speculate and dream and drool. If you really cannot deal with us doing that, my suggestion is to just look at the thread headings until the next release comes out. There is obviously nothing for you here on this thread.
Thanks for the use of the soap box. Now I will go back to speculating, dreaming, drooling, working my farms, laughing my head off.....:D

Linda Kennelly
Feb 20 2011, 04:14 PM
Fishing is impossible for me. After a couple of clicks, it times out and it has to reload. It takes forever. Then as it tries to reload, the clicks I have done in an attempt to get more done--continue until all are done. They are not saved, and I start all over again. I have done all you have told me to do---dump cookies and cache and reload Adobe?????Can't remember what I have done. Do you have a suggestion?:confused:

dianedrayson
Feb 20 2011, 04:40 PM
4. Start 30 batches - a big improvement, but I don't know where you came up with the number 30. I'd prefer +50 or +100, or better yet, + whatever number is the maximum you can make.

I agree that a max button would be great, but in the meantime, +30 sounds sensible to me in terms of maths. It divides sensibly into the production levels we had. Anyone who likes factors (like I do) will see that the 30 is the best factor to have in view of existing numbers.

NiMo1960
Feb 20 2011, 04:51 PM
Fishing is impossible for me. After a couple of clicks, it times out and it has to reload. It takes forever. Then as it tries to reload, the clicks I have done in an attempt to get more done--continue until all are done. They are not saved, and I start all over again. I have done all you have told me to do---dump cookies and cache and reload Adobe?????Can't remember what I have done. Do you have a suggestion?:confused:

I had that once
was due to a low memory pc, and visiting a few too many farms slowing everything down.
Try pressing the play tab (to refresh flash player memory) before you start fishing

meowkat1212
Feb 20 2011, 05:34 PM
I dont know how to get to where this should be, but there is a massive problem with my big seacoast. I am able to fish out of approximately 1/4th of it, and the highlighting goes off of it when I go outside of certain areas. I paid farm cash for this item, not farm coins, and I feel it should be replaced since it is defective.
I have gone so far as to remove it from my farm and try to reposition it, but the problem remains.

Please have someone get in contact with me regarding this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Kathy Johnson

Double T Dude Ranch
Feb 20 2011, 05:35 PM
I dont know how to get to where this should be, but there is a massive problem with my big seacoast. I am able to fish out of approximately 1/4th of it, and the highlighting goes off of it when I go outside of certain areas. I paid farm cash for this item, not farm coins, and I feel it should be replaced since it is defective.
I have gone so far as to remove it from my farm and try to reposition it, but the problem remains.

Please have someone get in contact with me regarding this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Kathy Johnson

If you have stuff overlapping the seacoast or too close to it, it's tempermental and doesn't like to highlight.

KayGee
Feb 20 2011, 05:38 PM
I agree that a max button would be great, but in the meantime, +30 sounds sensible to me in terms of maths. It divides sensibly into the production levels we had. Anyone who likes factors (like I do) will see that the 30 is the best factor to have in view of existing numbers.

I'm a "factor" person too :) and I agree with the +30. Also, I for one do like the option of adding in increments, because I don't grow enough ingredients to max out every facility every time. A max button would be a nice option for those who do that...but this just goes to show that everyone plays the game differently, and that the devs could release something every DAY and someone would have a "better" way - lol. Thanks for a great game.

StoneFace
Feb 20 2011, 07:05 PM
P.S. Is Stoneface a mod? No, I didn't think so...wish that person would not pontificate about releases, etc...it gets people worked up unnecessarily. Just sayin'...

actually I have never done any such thing..... they are simply guesses and opinion (other posters guess too- cuz it is fun to guess, I guess) in response to others asking the same old questions ... when, when, when.

And if you have noticed.... I do not.... repeat do not... talk about a possible date unless responding to that same old question.

If something simple like that can get people "worked up unnecessarily"..... lol.... someone needs to get a life. As much as I enjoy FT and posting here, I do not live for FT. lol

(ps.... March 25th):eek:

:rolleyes:

StoneFace
Feb 20 2011, 07:10 PM
I truly do not understand why you continue to complain about other people's speculations. Half the fun here is to speculate and dream and drool. If you really cannot deal with us doing that, my suggestion is to just look at the thread headings until the next release comes out. There is obviously nothing for you here on this thread.
Thanks for the use of the soap box. Now I will go back to speculating, dreaming, drooling, working my farms, laughing my head off.....:D

hey Ilsewdm....

I will bet you 1 crop of corn, half a crop of pumpkin, and 2 full crops of onions that I can tell you exactly the release date of the next farm.

(I get to pick the date when I will tell you... lol)

StoneFace
Feb 20 2011, 07:12 PM

Kathy Johnson

I have a similar problem.... I have two, back to back. One can be fished with no problem. The other is tedious at best, and I have to go slow at one end in particular or I lose the outline. I tried separating the when fishing, to no avail. I just go with the flow now and take that extra minute or so.

Linda Kennelly
Feb 20 2011, 07:24 PM
I just bought some river for the 4th farm and I don't seem to have the problem with that........it is just my 1st farm. I wonder if I would move the lake to another farm. Don't really want to do that though, because I like it where it is. Sigh, such a dilemma. :D

Tony D
Feb 20 2011, 07:42 PM
I just bought some river for the 4th farm and I don't seem to have the problem with that........it is just my 1st farm. I wonder if I would move the lake to another farm. Don't really want to do that though, because I like it where it is. Sigh, such a dilemma. :DHi Linda , if you do decide to move the lake to another farm then wait until you have fished it as the timer resets when you place it in storage.

KayGee
Feb 20 2011, 08:27 PM
actually I have never done any such thing..... they are simply guesses and opinion (other posters guess too- cuz it is fun to guess, I guess) in response to others asking the same old questions ... when, when, when.

And if you have noticed.... I do not.... repeat do not... talk about a possible date unless responding to that same old question.

If something simple like that can get people "worked up unnecessarily"..... lol.... someone needs to get a life. As much as I enjoy FT and posting here, I do not live for FT. lol

(ps.... March 25th):eek:

I guess my question is...why do you respond over and over and over...we all get it. Oh, and look up "pontificate"...you definitely do it.

Tony D
Feb 20 2011, 08:30 PM
Hi, this thread is for feedback on the new release not for personal debate.. please note that off-topic posts may be deleted.

I would ask that people keep this thread on topic. Thanks :)

LibrarianLee
Feb 20 2011, 10:36 PM
I'm not sure why there's still complaining about cheese. Another player told us her strategy (very kind of her, I thought) and I tried it. Voilla...I have TONS of cheese now. Granted, I only do facilities once a week, or maybe twice if I have time, but I can fill all my factories and all the cheese products just fine - and still have tons left over. It's amazing what a difference it made - I don't even think about cheese any more. All you do is start more cheese after a few people do your factories. Not even after every single player. I think I re-start my cheese maybe 3 times or so while my neighbors work. It ended the problem for me.

snakpak
Feb 21 2011, 06:40 AM
got the 8 ty but still need more lol

StoneFace
Feb 21 2011, 08:27 AM
I'm not sure why there's still complaining about cheese. Another player told us her strategy (very kind of her, I thought) and I tried it. Voilla...I have TONS of cheese now. Granted, I only do facilities once a week, or maybe twice if I have time, but I can fill all my factories and all the cheese products just fine - and still have tons left over. It's amazing what a difference it made - I don't even think about cheese any more. All you do is start more cheese after a few people do your factories. Not even after every single player. I think I re-start my cheese maybe 3 times or so while my neighbors work. It ended the problem for me.

You are right on..... I have 4 Dairy Plants and I do need lots of cheese even though I don't have (or want) all the facilities that drain it like a taco restaurant.

But I post my farms, and follow the workers and refill the Cheese, the wineries, and the Oast Plant. Each neighbor feels like they are "first" in line. And I have an inventory of over 10,000 cheese, and lots of barley malt, white wine barrels etc.

I guess it just becomes a matter of

compulsive/obsessive (IMHO) need to have all the plants and fill them to the brim all the time.......

or play the game at a pace that is fun, productive, and non-stressful.

annie2011
Feb 21 2011, 08:55 AM
I also have on 4 or 5 farms but what I did for a week or so was all my gifts I had I turned into cows and put 100 in each, so i think some ppl are getting too lazy to remember to harvest cows or greedy.

Playernamehere
Feb 21 2011, 12:22 PM
Are there any plans to "update" the graphics for some more of the older facilities and make them less "cartoon-ish", like the ice cream facility, Chocolate factory etc. ?

MrsMagz
Feb 21 2011, 12:39 PM
How exactly do i access the "facilities manager" and sorting features???

JAS0643
Feb 21 2011, 12:42 PM

There is a difference in speculating in one of the fun threads in the social section and responding in the news and announcement section with a date to anyone that asks when farm 9 is coming. One section is for fun and that does include guessing and speculation on what is coming the other is for the developers and only the developers to make announcements about releases and that includes when stuff will come out. There are lots of people that only read this section of the forum and have thought that some people where mods when they are not and think this person knows what they are talking about when they really don't know what they are talking about. It is not fair to the people that don't come her often and/or read everything on the forum to make them think something is going to happen that may never happen.

Double T Dude Ranch
Feb 21 2011, 12:43 PM
How exactly do i access the "facilities manager" and sorting features???

The facilities manager is in the yellow toolbox where the watering can is. Right now one of the filters is temp. disabled. But if it's set to 'active facilities on current farm' it's quite easy to use. Last post in Chapter 13 of the Game Guide *link in my signature* explains how to use the facility manager :)

Double T Dude Ranch
Feb 21 2011, 12:47 PM
Please, let's keep this thread on topic. Everyone is welcome to post here on the forum.

There has always been guessing of when the next farm would be coming out and the guessing of how much it costs, it's all in fun :)

debracarby
Feb 21 2011, 01:10 PM
After you finally reach level 185 what then?? What is the goal then??

Double T Dude Ranch
Feb 21 2011, 01:15 PM

You can set your own goals :) I know people wanting to reach a certain xp level or coin amount.

And one never knows if we will get more levels or not, only the devs know :)

billyjoe87
Feb 21 2011, 01:55 PM
still awaiting update as in getting rid of valentines items and getting ready for farm 9

StoneFace
Feb 21 2011, 03:32 PM
Please, let's keep this thread on topic. Everyone is welcome to post here on the forum.

There has always been guessing of when the next farm would be coming out and the guessing of how much it costs, it's all in fun :)

thanks for the input;)

StoneFace
Feb 21 2011, 03:36 PM

A few times, when I felt there were no more levels or farms in sight for days or weeks..... I started to remodel a farm or two with maybe a major overhaul.

Or perhaps just plant 2,4,and 8 hour crops of what you need and stockpile for the next release. Just trying to acquire 10,000 of somethings can be a goal.

Or start filling your chicken coop or stable with camels, ducks etc.... you know someday you will need them for something.

Or if you have the 4x4s, hit the market and have some fun working other farms.

RhondaD
Feb 21 2011, 04:59 PM
I'm loving all the additions. Maybe on your next release have an addition in the facilities so there is +10 +30 and then add a complete fill button so its only one click. I own all the restaurants and some duplicates. It takes forever to fill them all. Takes a lot less time with the new +30 button. So thank you for that. But it would be even faster with a fill up complete button next to the +30 button <snip>

Like Eddie, I'm LOVING this update! I would like to see either a third button, "+[fill in the max number you can make given ingredients on hand]". My poor mouse is about to go on strike even WITH the +30 button! LOL

And there is an issue with cheese... <snip> The production rates need to be tweaked especially with the truck, cheese and flour since more and more facilities are coming out with the same products. :/ <snip>

Amen, amen, amen! Yes, I use the "tips" we've been given by other users, but it would be nice to be able to fill my dairy processing facility 1x/day and be done with it. I spend WAY too much time on this game and need everything that will reduce that!

1. The new farm covers are great, and I do appreciate them. But I don't think they should be considered a solution to the layering issues. I want to be able to have a farm that is not ALL sand but has a seacoast. So I still would like sand to be able to layer properly UNDER the seacoast. I don't understand why animals and avatars go UNDER the seacoast and sand and paths WON'T. It should be the other way around. I hope you can and will eventually fix this.

Also, hopefully being able to put the sand under the various water "stuff" would allow us to actually fish the entire thing without accidentally clicking on the sand/shore. Not to mention it would look better.

See my statement above. :D

6. Increased storage - a huge thanks for that!

Oh, YEAH!!! Highly helpful. Especially if you're redecorating.

8. Thanks for getting rid of the harvest and sell pop-up. I have posted my suggestion for dealing with other pop-up messages separately in the thread for that topic.

I was SO glad to see this disappear. That said, it did take me a couple of days or so to quit worrying that I'd accidentally clicked the wrong thing and hadn't realized it! LOL

I also appreciate the addition of the green tick when timing out on the servers. I've been able to save my work several times by clicking the green tick -- not always, but often! Now to get rid of the annoying axe and "hiding stuff" pop-ups.

tricia g
Feb 22 2011, 01:48 AM
Anyone else unable to fil facilities? ones that are full aren't working, been no producing since 4 am

Tony D
Feb 22 2011, 01:53 AM
Anyone else unable to fil facilities? ones that are full aren't working, been no producing since 4 amHi, please check that the date and time are correct on your computer. If that is not the problem then could you try clearing your memory cache please.

tricia g
Feb 22 2011, 02:14 AM
Hi, please check that the date and time are correct on your computer. If that is not the problem then could you try clearing your memory cache please.

omg Tony D i put the time correct on pc this morning THANK YOU :confused:

Tony D
Feb 22 2011, 02:15 AM
omg Tony D i put the time correct on pc this morning THANK YOU :confused:I hope all is O.K. now :)

tricia g
Feb 22 2011, 03:33 AM
Yes Thank you Tony D :)

hpycmpr48
Feb 22 2011, 03:35 AM
Hello there,

If by "spots" you mean "plots/fields" please click on the following link and read the first post on page 1. That has information and instructions to help with deleting them..........

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318070

Thanks for the info, but I tried it and it doesn't seem to help. Why would slashkey report "10. Corrupted items in farms are now hidden automatically: Ocassionally there were items in the farm that could not be deleted or moved, specially plow or gone to waste fields, those items are now hidden." when this is not the case? I finally re-did my farm working around the corruption, but it wasn't easy and it annoys me ... ok, I am a bit obsessive ... and I just don't want to blank out my farms just to have them to come in to fix it just to see it happen again.

CSLewis
Feb 22 2011, 07:19 AM
New updates are great! Thanks

jesdreher
Feb 22 2011, 07:09 PM
So I noticed that the valentines gifts are now removed from the gifting page. Anybody notice any other changes?

bob07
Feb 22 2011, 07:37 PM
When you click on the toolbox and expand and choose your tool, the box seems to stay open for quite a while. I don't remember having to wait to use the tool chosen until the box clears.
Very minor issue, thanks for all you do

moravia
Feb 22 2011, 07:50 PM
looks like the see all facilities on all farms are working again. :)

KayGee
Feb 22 2011, 07:53 PM
Yesssssssssssssssss the super facility manager is back!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you. This is the single most significant addition to the game EVER. I think so, anyway :).

bob07
Feb 22 2011, 07:57 PM
I wish to opine on the cost of farm 9.... there is a definite pattern the devs are following and if they continue following that pattern farm 9 will cost 1.530 billion. Every new farm in the past has cost 1 million times the farm number, upgrade 1 has followed a pattern of increasing from 1 million to 2, to 3... Based on that repeating pattern farm 9 will cost 9 million, upgrade 1 - 6 million, upgrade 2 - 7 million, 3 - 7 mil, 4 - 8 mil, 5 - 400 mil, 6 - 500 mil, 7 - 600 mil totaling 1.530 Billion
Anyone care to bet

gffarmer
Feb 22 2011, 07:58 PM
Just wanted to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE the store all button in the facility manager!! Will there be some St Patrick's Day decorations?

JennaSweetness
Feb 22 2011, 08:24 PM
I wish to opine on the cost of farm 9.... there is a definite pattern the devs are following and if they continue following that pattern farm 9 will cost 1.530 billion. Every new farm in the past has cost 1 million times the farm number, upgrade 1 has followed a pattern of increasing from 1 million to 2, to 3... Based on that repeating pattern farm 9 will cost 9 million, upgrade 1 - 6 million, upgrade 2 - 7 million, 3 - 7 mil, 4 - 8 mil, 5 - 400 mil, 6 - 500 mil, 7 - 600 mil totaling 1.530 Billion
Anyone care to bet

I would bet you are right! I figured out that pattern after farm 3 was released and have the costs figured up to farm 12 (IF we get that many farms).

JennaSweetness
Feb 22 2011, 08:25 PM
Yesssssssssssssssss the super facility manager is back!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you. This is the single most significant addition to the game EVER. I think so, anyway :).

I agree, I love it! I'm glad it's back! :) I wish they would put the dairy shed, wool shed, chicken coop, and pigsty in the facility manager....maybe one day. :)

EZBRZ
Feb 22 2011, 08:38 PM
Where do you get the chili powder for the chili beef soup? Can it be bought in the market from other farmers?

Tony D
Feb 22 2011, 08:39 PM
Where do you get the chili powder for the chili beef soup? Can it be bought in the market from other farmers?Hi, you make it in the Spice facility, using peppers

EZBRZ
Feb 22 2011, 08:41 PM
Thanks, I don't have that one. Do you know if it can be bought from other farmers? If not guess that will be my next purchase. :)

amberdh
Feb 22 2011, 09:04 PM
Holy cow Raul!! I just used the new filters in the facilities manager...

Way to go :) I love it!! Thank you so much.

andygoerke
Feb 22 2011, 11:18 PM
I just love the supper facilities manager cuts my time time a lot on farm town !!!!!!!

Andy

al_bundy
Feb 23 2011, 01:28 AM
on the subject of cost of new farms and with the upcoming farm 9 and then hopefully 10,11 & 12

half the farms are usually a reasonable cost with coins the larger sizes i usually buy with FC

you also notice when new facilities and tools are introduced usually half are purchasable with coins half FC

This Game would cost a lot to develop aswell as the cost of running the servers etc.

The larger sizes in the farm upgrades are most likley priced at a rediculous coins cost so that the people who benefit and enjoy the game will spend a few $$$ and buy them with FC which i dont think is unreasonable at all.

we should pay something to enjoy this great game and if spending even $10.00 of your own money a week or month gives you the hours of enjoyment and entertainment as it gives me then i dont see it any different then going to the movie store and hiring a movie.

Great work Devs and forum moderators.

Best Game on facebook

Hyacinth Bucket
Feb 23 2011, 01:47 AM
No Chilli can't be bought or sold Ezbrz, you'll need to buy the Spice Factory :eek:

Thanks, I don't have that one. Do you know if it can be bought from other farmers? If not guess that will be my next purchase. :)

topmop
Feb 23 2011, 05:44 AM

Totally agree!!! I can collect from all 8 of my oil pumps from one place. Loaded my facilities in about 1/3 the time. This is fantastic!! Worth waiting for.

servocrow
Feb 23 2011, 07:15 AM

Was able to use ALL FACILITIES on one farm this morning myself ....IT WAS GREAT!! It was great doing that from farm to farm..but SO MUCH BETTER to store, and then use the Production chain all in one place.

YAY!! Happy Farmer!! Thanks, Devs for this GREAT GREAT timesaver!!

Mrs Mags
Feb 23 2011, 07:32 AM
Raul..Today I have used the new filters in the facilities manager...Sheer Genius!!! Thank you so much,...I'm one very happy Farmer today. :)

bluemoon2011
Feb 23 2011, 07:43 AM

You can't buy it from other farmers, but you can get some by working your neighbor's facilities. I get plenty of it for my other facilities that way.

Lady_Catalina
Feb 23 2011, 08:35 AM
I LOVE the new ground covers. Great job guys.

katupatree
Feb 23 2011, 02:07 PM
I love, love, love the facility manager. It's so much easier to work my facilities.

Macshelly
Feb 23 2011, 02:40 PM
I seems the glitch (Active Facilities in All Farms **MOD Edit: This is temporary disabled due to glitches.** ) has been fixed!!!!

I was able to sit on farm 1 and store and open all facilities in all my farms...WOWZERS!! What a time saver!!!

Love it, thank you so much!

StoneFace
Feb 23 2011, 04:35 PM
Okay, so I have about 150+ unopened gifts, waiting for the next facility that will have gift-assistance..... or something like the bait addition.

I wonder what it could/will/might be:confused::confused:

Better looking horses?

More cars that will face 4 different ways?

A variety of cheese for a variety of facilities?

Border Collies (that look like border collies) for the herds of animals? Although I think this could be a neat FTCash item even if the purchase and talents are "copied" from that other farm game I used to play before I knew any better.

or maybe there will be

New items in the Store to buy, like

500 Sugar for 2oo coin ea
500 Onions for 250 coin ea
500 Flour for 150 coin ea

JennaSweetness
Feb 23 2011, 05:40 PM
Okay, so I have about 150+ unopened gifts, waiting for the next facility that will have gift-assistance..... or something like the bait addition.

Better looking horses?

Border Collies (that look like border collies) for the herds of animals? Although I think this could be a neat FTCash item even if the purchase and talents are "copied" from that other farm game I used to play before I knew any better.

or maybe there will be

Who knows what will come, but whatever it is I can't wait! :D I really hope that we will be able to buy sugar, flour, and onions from the store or atleast raise the ability to buy more than 1,000 items from other farmers. :)

skippy58
Feb 23 2011, 08:55 PM
Loving the new filter in the facilities manager!!! Brilliant!!!!! THANK YOU!!:)

Farmer_Susan
Feb 23 2011, 09:30 PM
Loving the new filter in the facilities manager!!! Brilliant!!!!! THANK YOU!!:)

I couldn't agree more! Seriously happy camper here. Thanks! :)

Laura1951
Feb 23 2011, 09:36 PM
I also have 6 dairy farms, 6 dairy barns, 6 wool sheds and 6 chicken coops. That way I am able to keep up with the demand for cheese and eggs. I am fussy with the gifts that I receive and I love the fact we can exchange them so I normally change everything to cows, hens and goats to fill up the barns and coops. The wool sheds are easy because you can buy your animals. It doesn't take very long to get enough cows, hens, etc when you exchange the gifts. I have a ton of neighbors that are excellent gift givers. Thank you neighbors! I also have 2 pig sty's and fill them up with exchanged gifts. I find that 2 pig sty's are enough to fertilize all 8 farms particularly since they don't all need it at the same time. I love this game and these forums are very useful and get all my questions answered. So once again thanks!

Docperk
Feb 23 2011, 10:05 PM
Thank you thank you thank you. I just found was discovering that when I went to my storage that my last sort option was saved. This is cool thank you. So I thought I would test out the new facility manager and see if the option for all farms was enabled. It is OMG this is nice. I did find one thing though. Not sure if it is a learning curve on my end and is WAD or if maybe it is a bug that still needs to be worked out. If you select All Active Facilities on all Farms and you do a Store All before you Open and work the facility, if that facility has nothing pending it will vanish and you have to go to that farm to reopen it and work for it to visible again. It list all my multiple farms and list which farm they are.
Overall very nice Kudos to the Devs.

thank you
Doc

Taz D
Feb 23 2011, 10:40 PM
Thank you thank you thank you. I just found was discovering that when I went to my storage that my last sort option was saved. This is cool thank you. So I thought I would test out the new facility manager and see if the option for all farms was enabled. It is OMG this is nice. I did find one thing though. Not sure if it is a learning curve on my end and is WAD or if maybe it is a bug that still needs to be worked out. If you select All Active Facilities on all Farms and you do a Store All before you Open and work the facility, if that facility has nothing pending it will vanish and you have to go to that farm to reopen it and work for it to visible again. It list all my multiple farms and list which farm they are.
Overall very nice Kudos to the Devs.

thank you
Doc
The key word here is "Active" and means all facilities that have production. If a facility has 0 pending and 0 completed then it is no longer active. For this reason I use the second option which is all facilites on all farms rather than using the active ones.

Aussie Rae
Feb 23 2011, 11:20 PM

Better looking horses?

or maybe there will be

ok, if you have 150 + unopened gifts, how can you accept any more...my gift box will only hold 150...used to be more..but lately can't put any more in it, lol