PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- September 1st, 2012

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

MadamePondarosa
Sep 06 2012, 02:47 PM
Its nice to be able to change angle on the new freight cars, but it would be nicer (and logic) to able: rotate, sell, add to storage, move all freight wagons!!

Guess the devs just forgot, can you give a notice Rob? :)

JW2009
Sep 06 2012, 02:54 PM
The DEV know of this issue and are working on it :)
" if you have at least 10 different freight cars dispatched the Mayor will do all the work for you."

I just bought my 10th freight car, linked it to the train, loaded and dispatched. It's gone and doing its thing without a glitch. Great! Then I went to one of my neighbors to work facilities. Nothing has changed. I still have to work the same number of facilities before the mayor takes over. Is the mayor still on the old schedule, on vacation, on strike, or what?

People are great, could use a ton more: kids playing soccer, people in bathing suits for my beach, car repair person, etc. etc. I'm sure that will keep the devs busy for some time to come.

One more gripe while I'm at it. Bought the orange and green hand and hoped that I can now place my lake on top of green grass squares. No such luck. :confused:

Taz D
Sep 06 2012, 04:30 PM
So are you saying if we get all the cars to run the train an have to have it go around a corner to get them all connected We have to buy ONE coin Car an use in the middle of all the FC cars at the corner? Then the Train will STILL dispatch an unload when its time?

I was under the impression we could NOT mix the coin trains with the FC trains using the Freight engine....Could you please reclarify what you are saying? I am about to buy the new ones an may need one to get it on a corner.
Rob added an example in the Game Guide Chapter 30 on how to do this. And yes you have always been able to mix them up. the only thing is the coin ones are decoration only.
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492298

rocker grrrrrl
Sep 06 2012, 07:10 PM
Hi all-- unsure if this is a new glitch, or maybe I am just special. LOL I am unable to work any neighbor's facilities since I dispatched my train yesterday. I click the link to work their farm, I get there, and all I do is stand there. No pop up ever comes allowing me to work. :(

KnightRider
Sep 06 2012, 07:19 PM
Hi all-- unsure if this is a new glitch, or maybe I am just special. LOL I am unable to work any neighbor's facilities since I dispatched my train yesterday. I click the link to work their farm, I get there, and all I do is stand there. No pop up ever comes allowing me to work. :(

You might be able to try to go to your farm first then go back to your FB page and click back on the link to work their farms, some people have said this works for them.

Qivis
Sep 06 2012, 07:32 PM
A neighbor of mine sent me one of the newest boxcars, but instead of getting what he sent I have the long gondola in my gift box. I've heard of this happening to other people before - that is, the gift changing to something it's not supposed to be, but have never had this happen to me. Does anyone else have this issue?

And yeah, I sent a message to Slashkey but it may take up to 3 weeks for me to get the reply.

Qivis
Sep 06 2012, 07:40 PM
Rob added an example in the Game Guide Chapter 30 on how to do this. And yes you have always been able to mix them up. the only thing is the coin ones are decoration only.
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492298

You do not have to have it on tracks either! It looks funny having a train on a dirt path or grass, but my train is on a path because I did not want to edit the farm to make room for tracks. For some reason I did not see any mention of the that in the official instructions.

Farmer DeDe
Sep 06 2012, 09:21 PM
I love, love LOVE the new people. Can't wait for new ones to arrive with future updates. Thanks Devs and Raul, you guys ROCK with this die hard decorator. :)

Also, I now can work all my neighbors facilities super fast since I have 9 of the cars. YEA!

Just one tiny thing. The new peeps really show off the disproportions of some of the buildings. I mean REALLY. It kinda drives me nuts but I will live with it for I love this game too much. Just have to rearrange the smaller ones to look as if they are in the distance. Or just live with a distorted world..like in the real world. :D

ImajeanB
Sep 06 2012, 10:08 PM
I'm really looking forward to the promised new freight cars, when are they coming though please? they're running late! :confused:
They are here!

ImajeanB
Sep 06 2012, 10:09 PM

Did you refresh their farm..works for me.

rocker grrrrrl
Sep 06 2012, 10:20 PM
Hi yes-- It ended up fixing itself for whatever strange reason...Thanks for the advice!

casunderman
Sep 06 2012, 10:42 PM
I love the people!!!! Thanks!

Ilsewdm
Sep 06 2012, 11:02 PM
The Mayor decided to start doing his job, yippee! I get done with neighbors' facilities in a flash. Two clicks and it's done, what an improvement! I wish more of my neighbors posted their facilities to be worked, lol.

Taz D
Sep 07 2012, 12:29 AM
The Mayor decided to start doing his job, yippee! I get done with neighbors' facilities in a flash. Two clicks and it's done, what an improvement! I wish more of my neighbors posted their facilities to be worked, lol.
Maybe they will since it won't take as long to get them worked. :)

maggiel29
Sep 07 2012, 02:51 AM
Post Release Updates - Sep 6th, 9:00PM EST

- The Mayor will now recognize the last 3 freight cars we launched to determine how many facilities to work, if you have at least 10 freight cars dispatched the mayor will do all facilities. THIS FIX WILL TAKE EFFECT AFTER 8 HOURS.

- Animals will not count anymore to determine the Usage of your item storage, meaning you can move any amount of animals to your item storage without using any slots, this also apply when unloading animals from the Cattle Freight Car to your item storage

- If you open the Train Manager and you see a message that you can't dispatch the train because you already have a train dispatched, that message will now include the farm you used to dispatch the previous train. To fix the issue and be able to dispatch a train again you need to first put a locomotive back on that farm and unload that previous dispatched train.

Yay thank-you thank-you it works - I just went to a farm with loads of Facs and they mayor did all of them.

One thing - I still get the message about not being able to dispatch a train because I already have one dispatched. I am clicking on the train that is dispatched on my farm 6 just to view its progress not clicking the dispatch button. This train has never moved from farm 6 and I have always unloaded it. I will let you know if when it comes back I am unable to send it out again.

maggiel29
Sep 07 2012, 02:55 AM
I love, love LOVE the new people. Can't wait for new ones to arrive with future updates. Thanks Devs and Raul, you guys ROCK with this die hard decorator. :)

Also, I now can work all my neighbors facilities super fast since I have 9 of the cars. YEA!

Just one tiny thing. The new peeps really show off the disproportions of some of the buildings. I mean REALLY. It kinda drives me nuts but I will live with it for I love this game too much. Just have to rearrange the smaller ones to look as if they are in the distance. Or just live with a distorted world..like in the real world. :D

Yes I noticed that - I dont think the people can be much smaller though - some of the buildings are tiny. I think there needs to be a review of all the scale for things but I guess it would take ages and be a a mammoth job to code so I will live with it.

maggiel29
Sep 07 2012, 04:02 AM
There is something gone wrong with the gifting process in the last few days - since the update on Sept 1st - sorry cant say exactly when as I havent sent or accepted any gifts for a few days.
I am unable to send gifts in return - I click the button to send a gift back and get to select an item but I dont get the pop-up to send it. The screen then freezes and I have to return to my FB home page and then re-select FT.
Similar when trying to send gifts - I get no friend lists appear - the FB friend list just says loading the other do nothing. And again the screen freezes.
I have enabled Pop-ups in Google Chrome and disabled the AVG software that was causing a problem before. Done the usual housekeeping things.
Im on Google Chrome, WF8, Windows 7, a fast powerful PC with speedy internet connection on broadband.
Not sure if this is a FB though

Gregh
Sep 07 2012, 05:23 AM
Im on Google Chrome, WF8, Windows 7, a fast powerful PC with speedy internet connection on broadband. Not sure if this is a FB though

Similar thing with Chrome here. Can't Accept gifts with Chrome 21 (21.0.1180.89 m, with Flash 11.3.31.232). Can Exchange for other gifts but the Accept button doesn't work. Interestingly, the Adobe site lists Flash 11.3.31.230 as the current version for Chrome.

Fortunately Firefox is working just fine. :)

Delbet
Sep 07 2012, 07:42 AM
My three trains on different farms are stuck. I am told I have another train despatched....no....it then says to remove the train on farm two and unload.. done this... no change. I have now lost the facility to harvest speedily with trains despatched. I am at a standstill and getting fed up with this. Its been going on for months I see. I have spent real cash to have those facilities and if |I dont get the facilities returned, can I have my real money back????

Rob T
Sep 07 2012, 07:57 AM
My three trains on different farms are stuck. I am told I have another train despatched....no....it then says to remove the train on farm two and unload.. done this... no change. I have now lost the facility to harvest speedily with trains despatched. I am at a standstill and getting fed up with this. Its been going on for months I see. I have spent real cash to have those facilities and if |I dont get the facilities returned, can I have my real money back????

Hi, did you at some point have a train on another farm besides your current 3, and move it? if so, then you'll need to put an engine on that farm and unload there.

jm3810@msn.com
Sep 07 2012, 09:28 AM
Thanks for all the new update! Love the mayor helping when I am working my neighbors farms! I will be more inclined to do it now that it won't take so long!

Rob T
Sep 07 2012, 09:48 AM
Hi, just released a new post in the Game Guide about which facilities have a 'switch view' hope it helps you all out a little :)

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5276726

krypto
Sep 07 2012, 10:18 AM
It worked for me - even if it didn't make sense. The pop-up telling me I had a train already dispatched on my farm 5 was sooo confusing - I have NEVER had a train on that farm - ever. I had JUST unloaded my train on farm 9, bought 2 new freight cars, placed them on farm 9 with the other cars, when - ooops - the message telling me I couldn't dispatch popped up. Following Raul's guidance, I moved my train and all of my cars to farm 5. When I hooked them up there - I had 3 cars that showed up as needing unloaded. I did that, moved them back to my farm 9 and they now work as they should.

The longer I am here the more I appreciate the mods and the devs, esp Raul - for working hard to keep things working as well as they do - glitches and all :D

Dutch85
Sep 07 2012, 10:34 AM
Thank you for the new people and the trains cars! Love them all! I had my train sitting ready to unload while waiting for the new cars and people. I unloaded, bought 2 of the new cars and dispatched it again, but now when I go to check the train status, I get the popup saying I can't dispatch this train because I already have one dispatched. As far as I can tell, my train is working fine. I will have to wait till it is ready to be unloaded and see if it will let me dispatch it again.

Also, I wonder when Google Chrome will update Flash to 11.4 version. I'm not having any trouble with the 11.3 version, but I'm just curious about this.

Thanks again devs and mods for all you do for us! :D

gffarmer
Sep 07 2012, 11:27 AM
I loooooooooooovvvvee working facs with one click!!! Thanks devs!!!!!

JW2009
Sep 07 2012, 11:53 AM
Just a note to tell the DEV., when working facilities, if there is only one on a farm, then the Mayor doesn't work it even if you have 10 trains, otherwise it does all the work. Thank You & Happy Farming

KnightRider
Sep 07 2012, 11:59 AM
Just a note to tell the DEV., when working facilities, if there is only one on a farm, then the Mayor doesn't work it even if you have 10 trains, otherwise it does all the work. Thank You & Happy Farming

I think I heard in an earlier post that if your farm has 4 or less facilities that the mayor wouldn't work half, this could be the same with the trains.

maggiel29
Sep 07 2012, 12:22 PM
Hi, just released a new post in the Game Guide about which facilities have a 'switch view' hope it helps you all out a little :)

Thanks Rob

Sandie Angel
Sep 07 2012, 12:58 PM
First of all....thank you so much for the upgrades. Secondly....when will we see the rest of the updates? In your first post you said "Monday", but Monday has come and gone, and I still have not seen any new updates about the 15 non-working people and the cattle train. I'm still waiting to see the newest updates.

Thanks so much for everything!!

Sandie Angel :o)

StoneFace
Sep 07 2012, 01:34 PM
First of all....thank you so much for the upgrades. Secondly....when will we see the rest of the updates? In your first post you said "Monday", but Monday has come and gone, and I still have not seen any new updates about the 15 non-working people and the cattle train. I'm still waiting to see the newest updates.

Thanks so much for everything!!

Sandie Angel :o)

uummm...

there are 40 new people available in the store under the Tab "People"

four new freight trains are available also... at the store, under "Trains"

Sandie Angel
Sep 07 2012, 02:01 PM
uummm...

there are 40 new people available in the store under the Tab "People"

four new freight trains are available also... at the store, under "Trains"

Oh, thanks!!! I'll go take a look!!

:)

MaKettle1
Sep 07 2012, 02:15 PM
Love it.. all of it.. not one complaint here.. the people.. oh my goodness ... what fun! Thank you all for all the work. Those of us in for the long run salute you! Now off to buy more farm cash.. toodles..

Sandie Angel
Sep 07 2012, 02:41 PM
Thank you for the little people!! They are so useful for my farms. May I make one suggestion to have the swimmers in the ocean as well? Thanks!!

Sandie Angel :)

rl_sebastian@yahoo.com
Sep 07 2012, 03:15 PM
need help i have tried to unload a train that is dispatch i even done what they said to do can not unload it is there a glitch or something or am i do something wrong

Taz D
Sep 07 2012, 03:45 PM
need help i have tried to unload a train that is dispatch i even done what they said to do can not unload it is there a glitch or something or am i do something wrong
Does it show that it has completed it's 7 day trip when you go to the Train Status? It has to complete all 7 days worth before you can unload.

Petuniaflower
Sep 07 2012, 04:13 PM
have People on all my farms :D Have new train cars ready for my train to come in to dispatch again Everything is comping up Petunia's in Petunia Land THANK YOU VERY MUCH ! And Raul you deserve a Break and maybe a nights sleep!!

Tuckertbnc
Sep 07 2012, 07:35 PM
[COLOR="Magenta"]Post Release Updates - Sep 6th, 9:00PM EST

- The Mayor will now recognize the last 3 freight cars we launched to determine how many facilities to work, if you have at least 10 freight cars dispatched the mayor will do all facilities. THIS FIX WILL TAKE EFFECT AFTER 8 HOURS.

OK , soo I waited on the new release , bought a few new boxcars .. sent the train out ,,, started working neighbors postings > I 'thought' that the mayor should be doing a higher percentage of neighbors facilities when I've been working them :o ...

So will the 'fix' be in effect by now on already deployed trains ?? or will it have to wait till my train comes back and I resend it back out :confused:

Docperk
Sep 07 2012, 07:56 PM
Post Release Updates - Sep 6th, 9:00PM EST

- Animals will not count anymore to determine the Usage of your item storage, meaning you can move any amount of animals to your item storage without using any slots, this also apply when unloading animals from the Cattle Freight Car to your item storage

Too bad this doesn't mean what I thought it did when I first read it. I first thought it meant there was now no limit to how many animals we could have in the animal sheds, then I realized it meant the main storage area.

Also someone earlier posted a thought of taken the extra animals to slaughter to produce extra meat... My God this was a brilliant idea! I would buy the cattle car without hesitation. To the person who thought it was disgusting, it is an actual reality in farming, same as collecting the fur from rabbits. :) Then we could say like Madden "It's in the game."

happy farming

HelenJS22
Sep 07 2012, 08:42 PM

Thanks Rob :D

Docperk
Sep 07 2012, 08:43 PM
Is anyone else having problems with game being very slow and getting a lot of timeouts?

Docperk
Sep 07 2012, 08:46 PM
Is anyone else having problems with game being very slow and getting a lot of timeouts?

I am actually having problems loading this forum. It is pretty slow. I guess it is just me.

Bonnie Jo
Sep 07 2012, 08:47 PM
I am actually having problems loading this forum. It is pretty slow. I guess it is just me.
Not having problems with the forum but my farms are so incredibly slow and timing out that I'm giving up for the night and leaving some fields unplanted. Very frustrating.

Petuniaflower
Sep 07 2012, 08:50 PM

I am not sure what you mean by timeouts but I have had times when things stop then the screen turns green comes back then again the screen turns green .Not sure how long this would go go, for i click on my facebook tag, leave the Farm Town one. Then I have to wait awhile for things to straighten out. And I bring up a new tag to go back to Farm Town. This is how a Greenhorn does it :rolleyes:

Docperk
Sep 07 2012, 09:44 PM
I am not sure what you mean by timeouts but I have had times when things stop then the screen turns green comes back then again the screen turns green .Not sure how long this would go go, for i click on my facebook tag, leave the Farm Town one. Then I have to wait awhile for things to straighten out. And I bring up a new tag to go back to Farm Town. This is how a Greenhorn does it :rolleyes:

Actually I switched computers and things are a bit better now and I am on a slower computer. I think my laptop maybe getting close to needing a reimage.

1fritz
Sep 07 2012, 10:45 PM

Very nice thank you.

Farmer DeDe
Sep 08 2012, 12:53 AM
ARGHH! I sent a bunch of gift peeps to my storage to rearrange them on different farms and POOF! They are gone! Thank goodness they were the gift ones and not ones I bought. Is anyone else having this problem??? <sigh>

Taz D
Sep 08 2012, 01:14 AM
ARGHH! I sent a bunch of gift peeps to my storage to rearrange them on different farms and POOF! They are gone! Thank goodness they were the gift ones and not ones I bought. Is anyone else having this problem??? <sigh>
They should be in the Items/People filter. I think they were in a different category before this last release.

KnightRider
Sep 08 2012, 01:40 AM

The ones that is gifts check under Farm Decor, I had sent a Farmer with Hoe to storage and I just checked and it is showing up under Farm Decor, if they aren't there check like Taz said under People, if still nothing set the filter to all and see if you can find them.

Texas Star
Sep 08 2012, 07:12 AM
Not credited for LLAMA WOOL harvested for QUEST

I just opened a Quest: Produce 1 Scarecrow.... which requires 1 llama wool and 1 sheep wool... I harvested my wool barn but the quest only recognized the sheep wool. It did not give me credit for the llama wool for the quest. Since it showed that both types were sent to storage, I should have gotten credit for both. Now I will have to wait to harvest again and hope to get credit for the llama wool. I have the employee lifeline so cannot ask for gifts. I alternate harvesting most barns one day and one barn the second day so I can have one ready each morning for the quest...but had not anticipated this glitch.

I don't know if this was happening before this release, as I do not remember having a quest requiring both sheep and llama wool.

rwi32
Sep 08 2012, 07:32 AM
Love the new People, makes the Farms come ALIVE!! Please continue to add more People that will be related to the types of Facilities etc.
Fantastic!!

servocrow
Sep 08 2012, 10:14 AM
Okay, I was moving one of my big seacoasts (on Farm 5) because I found that if I dangled them off the edge of my property, then they are a little harder to fish. I used the wonderful-super-spectacular-awesome green hand and just placed it out of the way so I could shuffle some small seacoasts to the edges of the farm. WELL.....I just dropped it on my fields of pineapple and it DISAPPEARED! :)

When I click and drag my farm, I can see it under the fields, but I am not going to be retrieving it until the pineapple is harvested. Just wanted to let people know in case it happens to someone else.

Of course, this begs the question....What else could I hide under there? Fields of crops could be a virtual carpet that could have "dust" swept under it.

MUAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAAHAHA!!

Carry on.

Petuniaflower
Sep 08 2012, 11:18 AM
I find the issues I have. I do what i have been doing for some time. Refreshing after I do 2 or 3 farms. Seems to mess up more when I keep going on and doing too many farms at a time.In the mornings I have a shaky mouse finger . hand anyway,until I get down some coffee. It is taking more cups of coffee and a bigger fire getting me going each morning. So Me, myself, and I may be part of my problems. :rolleyes:

Docperk
Sep 08 2012, 04:16 PM
Not credited for LLAMA WOOL harvested for QUEST

I just opened a Quest: Produce 1 Scarecrow.... which requires 1 llama wool and 1 sheep wool... I harvested my wool barn but the quest only recognized the sheep wool. It did not give me credit for the llama wool for the quest. Since it showed that both types were sent to storage, I should have gotten credit for both. Now I will have to wait to harvest again and hope to get credit for the llama wool. I have the employee lifeline so cannot ask for gifts. I alternate harvesting most barns one day and one barn the second day so I can have one ready each morning for the quest...but had not anticipated this glitch.

You only have 1 or 2 animal barns? I have 12 of wool sheds and its just barely enough to keep with demand. :)

ImajeanB
Sep 08 2012, 05:09 PM
OK , soo I waited on the new release , bought a few new boxcars .. sent the train out ,,, started working neighbors postings > I 'thought' that the mayor should be doing a higher percentage of neighbors facilities when I've been working them :o ...

So will the 'fix' be in effect by now on already deployed trains ?? or will it have to wait till my train comes back and I resend it back out :confused:

I bought 3 more cars making ten...dispatched them and immediately the major harvested all the facs and clients when I worked my friends! This great!!! Thank you DEVS!!!!

1fritz
Sep 08 2012, 05:37 PM
Just wanted to say thanks again.. This has to one of the best releases ever in terms of new and useful features.
The Green Hand is beyond description as decorating tool, The mayor working all facilities with one click..GREAT! The search feature is wonderful. And then the people are a really nice touch to my farms.

My hats off to Raul and the Devs.

Fritz

Farmer DeDe
Sep 08 2012, 06:55 PM
The ones that is gifts check under Farm Decor, I had sent a Farmer with Hoe to storage and I just checked and it is showing up under Farm Decor, if they aren't there check like Taz said under People, if still nothing set the filter to all and see if you can find them.

Yes, I found them under Farm Decor. Thanks for the tip, Kitt. :)

weedville
Sep 08 2012, 06:56 PM
with all the new releases and great tools and features , do you think we could get the more digits to reflect the correct coins showing 12 digits ? :)

KnightRider
Sep 08 2012, 07:27 PM
Yes, I found them under Farm Decor. Thanks for the tip, Kitt. :)

Your welcome.

Queen.of.Clutter
Sep 08 2012, 08:21 PM
I am only replying to this because it appears that you are remarking on a message that was reply to me.

1. My message was not about seeds disappearing, it was about the sorting issue.
2. In the first part of my message I stated that I had read several other messages reporting similar issues just with selecting different sorting types. Although I had not seen a post from a mod stating it had been reported to the dev.
3. It's not nice to make fun of another's post.

No, my remark was NOT about you, it was a remark to Tiger that he is a very patient person. I just found it funny that he had to continually repeat what he was saying. So sorry if you took offense by it.

JW2009
Sep 08 2012, 09:18 PM
This happened this morning for a short time, then it was ok, now, it's happening all the time when I try to load Farm Town, all I get is a blank screen. I can load my other account, but not this one. Anyone know why? I'm on server 10https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/576948_491733890837727_454396237_n.jpg

Texas Belle
Sep 08 2012, 10:19 PM

Try moving the index bar (the blue one on your right) up and down and the pop up will show... I have to do it all the time...

Texas Belle
Sep 08 2012, 10:24 PM
thank you for the lovely people and im sure i can fit them into my farms somehow .... but you missed the important one ..... need a person fishing to go with the waters we have :D

fishermen, surfers, people just in the water swimming, standing, floating, kids playing in the beach, with pails and buckets. AND INDIANS, I need some indians for my tepees, standing, sitting, just hanging around... lol

Texas Star
Sep 08 2012, 10:53 PM
You only have 1 or 2 animal barns? I have 12 of wool sheds and its just barely enough to keep with demand. :)

No, I have 12 I think. I harvest 11 one day then the next day only have the one to harvest...that way I had at least one ready to harvest if I needed it for a quest. That worked fine until today.

Taz D
Sep 09 2012, 01:40 AM
with all the new releases and great tools and features , do you think we could get the more digits to reflect the correct coins showing 12 digits ? :)
To put in more digits they would have to make them smaller. Then those who are using a laptop or have eyesight difficulties would complain about it being too small.

Taz D
Sep 09 2012, 01:44 AM
This happened this morning for a short time, then it was ok, now, it's happening all the time when I try to load Farm Town, all I get is a blank screen. I can load my other account, but not this one. Anyone know why? I'm on server 10
Looks to me like it is not getting your account information. I say this because there is nothing in the address line after "farmtown/"
Try logging out of this FB account and logging back in.
I was able to open your farm in the link at the bottom of your post if this is the one you are having problems with.

Emychan
Sep 09 2012, 05:20 AM
Dispatching Trains with any Shape: You can now build trains in all shape and forms with different turns using all available freight cars. ALL the coupled cars will now be dispatched along with the locomotive. They don't need to be in a straight line anymore.

According to the above quote on 1st Sept release,do you mean the trains attached to the freight train no need to be in straight line? How?I tried but didnt seem to work. Thank you.

Tony D
Sep 09 2012, 06:07 AM
Dispatching Trains with any Shape: You can now build trains in all shape and forms with different turns using all available freight cars. ALL the coupled cars will now be dispatched along with the locomotive. They don't need to be in a straight line anymore.

According to the above quote on 1st Sept release,do you mean the trains attached to the freight train no need to be in straight line? How?I tried but didnt seem to work. Thank you.Hi, there is information in the game guide on this , this is the link to it ..http://slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492298

servocrow
Sep 09 2012, 08:37 AM
Okay, I was moving one of my big seacoasts (on Farm 5) because I found that if I dangled them off the edge of my property, then they are a little harder to fish. I used the wonderful-super-spectacular-awesome green hand and just placed it out of the way so I could shuffle some small seacoasts to the edges of the farm. WELL.....I just dropped it on my fields of pineapple and it DISAPPEARED! :)

When I click and drag my farm, I can see it under the fields, but I am not going to be retrieving it until the pineapple is harvested. Just wanted to let people know in case it happens to someone else.

Of course, this begs the question....What else could I hide under there? Fields of crops could be a virtual carpet that could have "dust" swept under it.

MUAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAAHAHA!!

Carry on.

I just wanted to report that I was able to retrieve my large seacoast after I harvested and removed some of the fields. :)

Tiger
Sep 09 2012, 10:38 AM
I just wanted to report that I was able to retrieve my large seacoast after I harvested and removed some of the fields. :)

That's great, thanks for coming back letting us know :)

weedville
Sep 09 2012, 11:11 AM
To put in more digits they would have to make them smaller. Then those who are using a laptop or have eyesight difficulties would complain about it being too small.

Thank you , knew there had to be some reasoning

LoreneC
Sep 09 2012, 12:11 PM
I know I told you earlier how much I am enjoying this release but want to thank you again.

I was getting bored but the green tool is so awesome it is fun fun fun again!!

Thanks so much!

Looking forward to future releases and maybe some more design tools!!

maggiel29
Sep 09 2012, 12:28 PM
I know I told you earlier how much I am enjoying this release but want to thank you again.

I was getting bored but the green tool is so awesome it is fun fun fun again!!

Thanks so much!

Looking forward to future releases and maybe some more design tools!!

Yes that green hand is the best thing since sliced bread - and the mayor and the train helping work others Facs. Really this was a great release - thank-you Devs

KnightRider
Sep 09 2012, 12:36 PM
I enjoy the people the most, going back through all of my farms and see what people I can put on what farm, of course I can't get to all of the people cause I am not at the top level but oh well, I will just have to wait to get to them. I was thinking of going with the dogs to level up, it might take an hour or so but it could be done.

storm36
Sep 09 2012, 04:21 PM
I really think the Dev team out did themselves with the freight train .. I don't know about any one else but since the Sept 1st update, I have noticed a lot more of my neighbors, the ones who stopped playing daily or even weekly, have started actively playing again. I now have more bonus and ingredient posts to sort through as well as twice as many neighbors facilities and services to work. what used to take me 3-5 hrs to do now only takes me 1-2 hours at the most.

1fritz
Sep 09 2012, 08:52 PM
Yes that green hand is the best thing since sliced bread - and the mayor and the train helping work others Facs. Really this was a great release - thank-you Devs

Love Love the green hand...Hope that someday there might be a purple hand that will allow plants to overlap.
Fritz

HelenJS22
Sep 09 2012, 11:38 PM
fishermen, surfers, people just in the water swimming, standing, floating, kids playing in the beach, with pails and buckets. AND INDIANS, I need some indians for my tepees, standing, sitting, just hanging around... lol

... few sharks in the water ??? :D

... couple of crocodiles for the rivers ??? Oh, that would be aligators for the US rivers :D :D :D

maggiel29
Sep 10 2012, 12:43 AM
... few sharks in the water ??? :D

... couple of crocodiles for the rivers ??? Oh, that would be aligators for the US rivers :D :D :D

Heh heh......... I think we need a few Westies

StoneFace
Sep 10 2012, 06:11 AM
Heh heh......... I think we need a few Westies

??? koala ???

I think they're cute.

outcry
Sep 10 2012, 07:00 AM
its so frustrating that no matter what I do I cannot get the trains to couple that ive just about given up on them

HelenJS22
Sep 10 2012, 07:26 AM
its so frustrating that no matter what I do I cannot get the trains to couple that ive just about given up on them

You need to be sure that they are lined up with each other and go fairly close with them before they link. If you'd like to put up a link to your farm I'll come and have a look at them for you.

ckwcpa
Sep 10 2012, 09:56 AM
Really helpful - Thanks! Any chance in the future that we will be able to buy items on the Gift List if we reach a certain level?

StoneFace
Sep 10 2012, 11:30 AM
Really helpful - Thanks! Any chance in the future that we will be able to buy items on the Gift List if we reach a certain level?

yep... would like to buy more chicken and meat... already have 5 semi-trucks, so maybe I need to just buy more.... lol

although the devs indicated that if those meats became easily plentiful, it might then upset those who have bought many semi trucks.

catch 22

ckwcpa
Sep 10 2012, 11:55 AM
My thoughts on purchasing the gifting items was to be able to get the animals and trees not offered elsewhere.

mumfy
Sep 10 2012, 11:56 AM
yep... would like to buy more chicken and meat... already have 5 semi-trucks, so maybe I need to just buy more.... lol

although the devs indicated that if those meats became easily plentiful, it might then upset those who have bought many semi trucks.

catch 22

Me, too. Stoneface. I have 6 semitrailers, change the majority of my gifts (about 25 a day) to chicken (mostly) and meat and still run short. The rest of the meat etc delivered by the semitrailers I have in abundance but there is an imbalance in the supply of meat and chicken that hopefully will be looked at.

maggiel29
Sep 10 2012, 12:34 PM
??? koala ???

I think they're cute.

Yep a Koala would be good - basically some more "wild" animals other than smelly camels. A Doe for the poor lonely stag maybe?

earlgray
Sep 10 2012, 12:44 PM
The people that you get as gifts are going into storage in the farm decor category, they should be in the people category.

Docperk
Sep 10 2012, 07:44 PM
No, I have 12 I think. I harvest 11 one day then the next day only have the one to harvest...that way I had at least one ready to harvest if I needed it for a quest. That worked fine until today.

Ah ok, that makes more since, I usually leave one left undone in case I need it for the facilities too, I usually don't even do it unless it's needed.

Docperk
Sep 10 2012, 07:45 PM
No, my remark was NOT about you, it was a remark to Tiger that he is a very patient person. I just found it funny that he had to continually repeat what he was saying. So sorry if you took offense by it.

NO worries, I must have been having a day.

dottyF
Sep 10 2012, 09:30 PM
Is anyone else having trouble planting, harvesting etc?It takes forever for the seed to let you plant and then you have to click click click and nothing happens for the longest time.

kyscout57
Sep 11 2012, 08:21 AM
I still haven't received any farm cash for the new release. Why is that?

HelenJS22
Sep 11 2012, 08:30 AM
I still haven't received any farm cash for the new release. Why is that?

There were no new levels added with the latest new release. We will get farm cash with the next lot of new levels added.

Satis
Sep 12 2012, 07:36 AM
I bought both the green and the orange hand. Only the yellow and green ones are showing in my toolbox, although the orange one appears in storage. I don't seem to be able to use it.

What am I doing wrong?

Rob T
Sep 12 2012, 08:17 AM
I bought both the green and the orange hand. Only the yellow and green ones are showing in my toolbox, although the orange one appears in storage. I don't seem to be able to use it.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi, It's like with the manure spreader and sprinklers... The green one does the work of both orange and green, so there is only need to display the green one, but you need both in order for the green to work.

Satis
Sep 12 2012, 08:29 AM
Hi, It's like with the manure spreader and sprinklers... The green one does the work of both orange and green, so there is only need to display the green one, but you need both in order for the green to work.

Thank you Rob!

I tried to use the green hand to overlay paving stones on big sand patches, but they sank underneath. I obviously haven't got the hang of it yet.

Please could someone who has used the hand to redesign their farm give me a link so I can get some tips and ideas?

Many thanks!

maggiel29
Sep 12 2012, 09:42 AM
Thank you Rob!

I tried to use the green hand to overlay paving stones on big sand patches, but they sank underneath. I obviously haven't got the hang of it yet.

Please could someone who has used the hand to redesign their farm give me a link so I can get some tips and ideas?

Many thanks!

I cant get the hand to work with paths either - also it doesnt work on fences/hedges. It works great with buildings - - Ive not done anything spectacular other than squash all the buildings up on my farm 6 and put duplicate facs on top of each other on 9 and 12. great space saver.

Taz D
Sep 12 2012, 09:42 AM
Thank you Rob!

Many thanks!
Since they made the changes to the paths, in particular the stone paths and dirt paths, I don't think you can get them on top of anything else.

Grammy 11
Sep 12 2012, 10:35 AM
I cant get the hand to work with paths either - also it doesnt work on fences/hedges. It works great with buildings - - Ive not done anything spectacular other than squash all the buildings up on my farm 6 and put duplicate facs on top of each other on 9 and 12. great space saver.

I thought only 1 of each facility will be productive on each farm. Has that changed?

Taz D
Sep 12 2012, 11:26 AM
I thought only 1 of each facility will be productive on each farm. Has that changed?
No it hasn't changed.

Ryna Campbell
Sep 12 2012, 03:19 PM
I would really like to try out the goodies we can buy with farm cash but I can't buy it cuz I can't get farm cash!!! please fix this as I am not the only one out there with the same problem or at least tell us your working on it..btw I have done everything that is supposed to be a fix for this, even had a pro check it out but he says it's from your end not mine as all my settings are right!!

Daver249
Sep 12 2012, 03:59 PM
I have One locomotive Two Small Box Cars and Two small Container cars all on a straight track and can not dispatch this train.. I received update explaining that trains can be dispatched with any size cars.. what is the proplem and what do I need to do to dispatch my train???

Tiger
Sep 12 2012, 04:10 PM
I have One locomotive Two Small Box Cars and Two small Container cars all on a straight track and can not dispatch this train.. I received update explaining that trains can be dispatched with any size cars.. what is the proplem and what do I need to do to dispatch my train???

Hi there,

It's the Farm Cash cars that can be dispatched. Do you own any of those? Here's the link to the section in the Game Guide which tells you all bout the freight trains......
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492298

bruhelmboldt
Sep 13 2012, 12:41 AM

Speaking of small numbers - how about numbering the farms in the diamond thingamabob at the top. I keep counting by threes and adding one or two, and still ending up on the wrong farm anyway. Y'all have to make it really simple for us simpletons, ya' know?

maggiel29
Sep 13 2012, 03:34 AM

Oh I didnt explain it properly - I didnt mean duplicates on the same farm I meant the second/third etc ones on different farms where Im not worried about what they look like - also the ugly ones.

chrisbird
Sep 13 2012, 04:53 AM
On my farm 13 i bought all the train carriages but there wasn't enough room 2 put them all on the track so i made farm 30x30 and moved trains along the bottom BUT still on same farm.... now when i go 2 empty them it says ......THIS TRAIN CAN NOT BE DISPATCHED BECAUSE YOU ALREADY HAVE 1DISPATCHED ON YOUR FARM 13..(IF YOU MOVED YR LOCOMOTIVE FROM THESE FARMS,PUT IT BACK 2 UNLOAD THE TRAIN ... i haven't moved trains from farm 13..

maggiel29
Sep 13 2012, 09:01 AM
Hi - I was concerned because I had a funny error message saying I could not dispatch my train when it was already dispatched! Just to report I have just unloaded it with no problems and dispatched it again with no problems. Strangely it still shows that error message but it doesnt prevent me from doing anything so I shall ignore it. Thank-you for helping.

maggiel29
Sep 13 2012, 09:02 AM
On my farm 13 i bought all the train carriages but there wasn't enough room 2 put them all on the track so i made farm 30x30 and moved trains along the bottom BUT still on same farm.... now when i go 2 empty them it says ......THIS TRAIN CAN NOT BE DISPATCHED BECAUSE YOU ALREADY HAVE 1DISPATCHED ON YOUR FARM 13..(IF YOU MOVED YR LOCOMOTIVE FROM THESE FARMS,PUT IT BACK 2 UNLOAD THE TRAIN ... i haven't moved trains from farm 13..

I think the problem may be that you moved it while it was still dispatched -= I was told not to do this with mine - I had the same message. Have you tried actually unloading your train - I was able to unload mine with no problems.

Tuckertbnc
Sep 13 2012, 12:43 PM
My only 'issue' with this last release .. is when the train comes back and I unload it ,, the animals go straight into storage ...
But we have to put them out on the farm to 'add' them to the building ... :confused:
Couldn't it be fixed to be like the gift box you can just add them to their building instead of having to set them out and then add .. :D

maggiel29
Sep 13 2012, 01:47 PM
My only 'issue' with this last release .. is when the train comes back and I unload it ,, the animals go straight into storage ...
But we have to put them out on the farm to 'add' them to the building ... :confused:
Couldn't it be fixed to be like the gift box you can just add them to their building instead of having to set them out and then add .. :D

I think that might cause a problem if you tried to unload more animals than the spare capacity in your animal sheds.

Dutch85
Sep 13 2012, 01:58 PM
Hi - I was concerned because I had a funny error message saying I could not dispatch my train when it was already dispatched! Just to report I have just unloaded it with no problems and dispatched it again with no problems. Strangely it still shows that error message but it doesnt prevent me from doing anything so I shall ignore it. Thank-you for helping.

Maggie, I just read your post and remembered I had the same problem as you. I thought I might try something to see if it would help with that funny error message. I unloaded my train then put my engine in storage. Then I put it on my farm 15, put it back in storage and went back to my original train farm to put it back there. I dispatched it, and now when I go to check my train status, there's no error message. When the train first came out, I recalled having it on my farm 15. That must be why it kept that error message. I hope this all makes sense to someone. LOL:)

KnightRider
Sep 13 2012, 03:00 PM
I think that might cause a problem if you tried to unload more animals than the spare capacity in your animal sheds.

It would be like the gift box, it will only take out of storage the amount needed to fill the shed (if it was near capacity), otherwise then it would add them all. I was thinking the same thing when I was putting some of the animals on to my farm which doesn't have much room to add animals to put in the sheds.

maggiel29
Sep 13 2012, 04:10 PM
It would be like the gift box, it will only take out of storage the amount needed to fill the shed (if it was near capacity), otherwise then it would add them all. I was thinking the same thing when I was putting some of the animals on to my farm which doesn't have much room to add animals to put in the sheds.

The game would have to recognise when the shed was full and then put the rest into store. It would only work if the animal shed was on the same farm as the train surely. Dont get me wrong - its a great idea.

maggiel29
Sep 13 2012, 04:13 PM
Maggie, I just read your post and remembered I had the same problem as you. I thought I might try something to see if it would help with that funny error message. I unloaded my train then put my engine in storage. Then I put it on my farm 15, put it back in storage and went back to my original train farm to put it back there. I dispatched it, and now when I go to check my train status, there's no error message. When the train first came out, I recalled having it on my farm 15. That must be why it kept that error message. I hope this all makes sense to someone. LOL:)

Thanks Dutch - I see what you mean. My train has always been on farm 6 - the only thing is I do have another loco on Farm 7 as decoration. I will try to fiddle when the train comes back again in a week! The error message has only been there since I attached the last two cars I bought.

KnightRider
Sep 13 2012, 07:09 PM
The game would have to recognise when the shed was full and then put the rest into store. It would only work if the animal shed was on the same farm as the train surely. Dont get me wrong - its a great idea.

The gift box can do it, I have had animals in my gift box that wasn't added to a shed cause it was full and had to go to another farm to finish using those animals, once the animals go into your storage then the train has nothing else to do with it, the program would look at you shed on that farm and add animals till it gets to the max.

Wolves11
Sep 14 2012, 05:45 AM
Yay Farm 16 on the way - wicked :D

maggiel29
Sep 14 2012, 06:59 AM
The gift box can do it, I have had animals in my gift box that wasn't added to a shed cause it was full and had to go to another farm to finish using those animals, once the animals go into your storage then the train has nothing else to do with it, the program would look at you shed on that farm and add animals till it gets to the max.

They would have to make the gift box bigger - there are 250 animals on a train.
Then the spare ones would have to either be put out on a farm and then into storage or we would need a second button on the gift box to select animal shed or farm storage.

maggiel29
Sep 14 2012, 07:03 AM
Thanks Dutch - I see what you mean. My train has always been on farm 6 - the only thing is I do have another loco on Farm 7 as decoration. I will try to fiddle when the train comes back again in a week! The error message has only been there since I attached the last two cars I bought.

Still getting the pop-up error message saying I cant dispatch my train - even thought it is dispatched - I did unload it yesterday and send it off again. But I have just noticed that it wont go transparent anymore. The only thing I have ever done is move it slightly within the same farm - before the error message.
I have another loco on Farm 7 but it does not have any freight cars attached to it. It hasnt been a problem so far.
The error message appeared after I moved the undispatched train along to make room and attached the two new cars.
Can anyone suggest what to do when it returns or maybe clean up my train data?
I cant move it back to its original position - for the life of me I cant remember where it was to start with! Ive changed it all round.

Dutch85
Sep 14 2012, 07:56 AM
Still getting the pop-up error message saying I cant dispatch my train - even thought it is dispatched - I did unload it yesterday and send it off again. But I have just noticed that it wont go transparent anymore. The only thing I have ever done is move it slightly within the same farm - before the error message.
I have another loco on Farm 7 but it does not have any freight cars attached to it. It hasnt been a problem so far.
The error message appeared after I moved the undispatched train along to make room and attached the two new cars.
Can anyone suggest what to do when it returns or maybe clean up my train data?
I cant move it back to its original position - for the life of me I cant remember where it was to start with! Ive changed it all round.

That's exactly when I started to get that error message...after I moved the engine to make room for the new cars. Mine is going trans parent for me now. I wonder if that other loco on your farm 7 is causing this. Maybe when your train returns, you can put the other in storage to see what happens. You can always take it back out.

maggiel29
Sep 14 2012, 11:57 AM
That's exactly when I started to get that error message...after I moved the engine to make room for the new cars. Mine is going trans parent for me now. I wonder if that other loco on your farm 7 is causing this. Maybe when your train returns, you can put the other in storage to see what happens. You can always take it back out.

I tried that - all I can think of doing is inching the loco back along the rail and keep seeing if the message goes. Gotta wait 6 days : (

Taz D
Sep 14 2012, 01:08 PM
I tried that - all I can think of doing is inching the loco back along the rail and keep seeing if the message goes. Gotta wait 6 days : (
If you just be patient and don't move anything then after you unload and send it out again that message will not show again.

maggiel29
Sep 14 2012, 01:53 PM
If you just be patient and don't move anything then after you unload and send it out again that message will not show again.

But it did - I got the two new carriages, attached them sent out the train. Got the message. The train came back a week later, I unloaded it, sent it out again still got the message.

It hasnt stopped the train working I have just got a message all the time telling me I cant dispatch the train when I have.

Oh and it wont go transparent anymore.

mumfy
Sep 14 2012, 02:30 PM
Mine is doing the same but despite the message it is working... no longer transparent but despatched and collecting all the goods

KnightRider
Sep 14 2012, 06:12 PM
They would have to make the gift box bigger - there are 250 animals on a train.
Then the spare ones would have to either be put out on a farm and then into storage or we would need a second button on the gift box to select animal shed or farm storage.

I think you are getting confused on what I am saying, what I am saying is that the gift box already knows how many animals you have in your sheds, like right now if you have dairy sheds on farms 2 and 3 with 100 cows each, then you get 50 cows in your gift box, you go to farm 2 and click on store all gifts, it will only put in 25 of those 50 cows in your farm 2 shed cause it knows how many cows is in that shed, then you could go to farm 3 and use the rest of the cows. They could do the same thing with the storage when you go to farm 2 it can read how many animals is in the shed just like the gift box does and take the animals from storage and put in the animals to the max or all of the animals which ever is more and just leave the remainder of the animals in storage just like the gift box does. They already have the coding done for the gift box, now all they have to do is duplicate it for the storage.

Tuckertbnc
Sep 14 2012, 08:45 PM

The game will only allow you to put the limit in each building .. it won't overfill :confused:.. I have had say 10 goats in my gift box and only 5 empty spaces and when you click add it will add the 5 and leave the rest in the gift box ... I just thought it might be easy to set the program up the same way for the animals from storage :o

Aussie Rae
Sep 15 2012, 01:46 AM
we are being targeted by hackers who are able to work our facilities without being friends..this is happening to lots of people....something needs to be done to stop this as they are stripping the facilities and leaving hardly anything for regular workers who are actually friends.....

maggiel29
Sep 15 2012, 04:42 AM
I think you are getting confused on what I am saying, what I am saying is that the gift box already knows how many animals you have in your sheds, like right now if you have dairy sheds on farms 2 and 3 with 100 cows each, then you get 50 cows in your gift box, you go to farm 2 and click on store all gifts, it will only put in 25 of those 50 cows in your farm 2 shed cause it knows how many cows is in that shed, then you could go to farm 3 and use the rest of the cows. They could do the same thing with the storage when you go to farm 2 it can read how many animals is in the shed just like the gift box does and take the animals from storage and put in the animals to the max or all of the animals which ever is more and just leave the remainder of the animals in storage just like the gift box does. They already have the coding done for the gift box, now all they have to do is duplicate it for the storage.

Oh yes - I see now - that is a good idea getting the animal storage to work like the gift box - yes that would work.

maggiel29
Sep 15 2012, 04:43 AM
we are being targeted by hackers who are able to work our facilities without being friends..this is happening to lots of people....something needs to be done to stop this as they are stripping the facilities and leaving hardly anything for regular workers who are actually friends.....

I know hackers are getting into FB!! Do you get a message under the game screen saying some one has worked for you or does it not register there?

sjgannon
Sep 15 2012, 09:23 AM
I unloaded my train yesterday - which included the cattle car - and did not receive any of the animals that were supposed to be on it. They are not in storage. Have cleared cache, etc. Help!

adinar
Sep 15 2012, 10:07 AM
You can still work someone's facilities as before. Except instead of staying first if you have a decently fast computer, you quickly fall to last. And if 5 people come through after you, it means you're 6th, where you get almost nothing. How do you not see the effect this has on the people who cannot pay for the trains that were virtually useless before, and now have a great effect on hurting the poor who play the game? WOW.

I'm confused on how you get that calculation about placing.It's never happened to me and how do you know how much the farmer loaded her/his facilities in the first place that determines how much ppl get ? The mayor still works half of the facilities whether you have trains or not.You keep talking about 1st and last place please let us know how you calculate this so we all can learn how it works

joseenik
Sep 15 2012, 12:37 PM
hi there, pls show some way's, to get farmdollars, i am also a very short of money :-(((. thanks :-)))

Docperk
Sep 15 2012, 12:38 PM
I have 4 trains dispatched but the mayor is only working 50% for me today. He has been working more. Anyone else having problems?

Docperk
Sep 15 2012, 03:10 PM
I have 4 trains dispatched but the mayor is only working 50% for me today. He has been working more. Anyone else having problems?

Oh and have you noticed that the Long two door box car doesn't display the days left information? It display the Carrying and To load numbers and the xx% but does not display the To Go xx Markets in x days.

Taz D
Sep 15 2012, 04:16 PM
Oh and have you noticed that the Long two door box car doesn't display the days left information? It display the Carrying and To load numbers and the xx% but does not display the To Go xx Markets in x days.
There are a few of the cars that don't say how many days because the amounts are to great and there isn't room for it to show. Maybe they need to look at putting that information down on a new line.

mstiquetx
Sep 15 2012, 06:02 PM
Hi I am needing some assistance in dispatching all train cars...have dispatched previously but the last 2 cars would not link... ready to dispatch again but would like all cars to be linked...can i have a train data reset please...read that was a suggestion for another player on here...all trains are on farm 6...
link to my farm is
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=697506905&farm_ix=Y

thanks for the help :)

KnightRider
Sep 15 2012, 06:09 PM
hi there, pls show some way's, to get farmdollars, i am also a very short of money :-(((. thanks :-)))

The only ways of getting Farm Cash is to level up, have a neighbor use the earn cash tab (if you can appear on their list), or to do the surveys and such items in the earn cash tab at the tops of the screen, but the earn cash tab (which should be titled earn facebook credits) you will receive Facebook Credits that would have to be turned into Farm Cash. Those are the only ways to get Farm Cash, unless you have a neighbor that would purchase some Farm Cash and Send it to you through the store.

KnightRider
Sep 15 2012, 06:23 PM
Hi I am needing some assistance in dispatching all train cars...have dispatched previously but the last 2 cars would not link... ready to dispatch again but would like all cars to be linked...can i have a train data reset please...read that was a suggestion for another player on here...all trains are on farm 6...
link to my farm is
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=697506905&farm_ix=Y

thanks for the help :)

You could try to move the last car that is connected and see if you can connect the two cars, if so then you could just try to reconnect the one you moved. If you still can't get them to connect then you can report back that it didn't work and you can also try to clear your cache, cookies, and history.

mistie66
Sep 15 2012, 07:54 PM
great updates ... thnx :)
there is still some outstanding e.g.
~ on quests, when will the cash or extra ingredients come into play for completing a quest? and
~ there's a boost on train section.. when will that be operational????
thanks guy .. you doing a grand job xxx

HelenJS22
Sep 15 2012, 09:30 PM
But it did - I got the two new carriages, attached them sent out the train. Got the message. The train came back a week later, I unloaded it, sent it out again still got the message.

It hasnt stopped the train working I have just got a message all the time telling me I cant dispatch the train when I have.

Oh and it wont go transparent anymore.

Mine is exactly the same, but it is working just fine. Most of the time is won't go transparent, but once it shocked me when I discovered it sitting there transparent and I had made no change whatsoever :eek: This time I simply moved the engine and some carriages to make room for more and again it is dispatched but not transparent ... and yes, I get that message all the time now too. It's a pain in the neck, but I figure so long as it is working I have no real problem.

dnana
Sep 15 2012, 10:14 PM

oh please oh please oh please, make it so! that would be freaking awesome! I just got my first load of animals from the train and didn't really know how it worked, they sure could make that better--OR make the gift box bigger and have them unload from the train into the gift box. :)

maggiel29
Sep 16 2012, 03:34 AM
Mine is exactly the same, but it is working just fine. Most of the time is won't go transparent, but once it shocked me when I discovered it sitting there transparent and I had made no change whatsoever :eek: This time I simply moved the engine and some carriages to make room for more and again it is dispatched but not transparent ... and yes, I get that message all the time now too. It's a pain in the neck, but I figure so long as it is working I have no real problem.

Well yes thats what I think - the message is a nuisance but everything works fine. I just get antsy thinking it is going to stop working :eek:

joseenik
Sep 16 2012, 05:07 AM
thanks xxx

wsbohannon
Sep 16 2012, 04:43 PM
i would just like to say thank you devs for the 'people'.... they add so much life to the farms!!! I love them...

Farmer DeDe
Sep 16 2012, 08:20 PM

Same here but I am not going to complain as long as they dispatch...I'm good. :)

knolan
Sep 17 2012, 02:01 AM
I purchased the 2 Freestyle Hands, now I don't want them, can I get a refund? They don't do what I thought they would. I feel like I've been 'dooped'.... I would prefer not to have them & get my farmcash reapplied to my account.

maggiel29
Sep 17 2012, 02:04 AM
I purchased the 2 Freestyle Hands, now I don't want them, can I get a refund? They don't do what I thought they would. I feel like I've been 'dooped'.... I would prefer not to have them & get my farmcash reapplied to my account.

You would need to contact Slashkey direct - this sort of issue can't be dealt with on the forum. If you scroll right down to the bottom of the game page there are some links in blue small print - click on support and complete the process there.

Wolves11
Sep 17 2012, 02:08 AM
I purchased the 2 Freestyle Hands, now I don't want them, can I get a refund? They don't do what I thought they would. I feel like I've been 'dooped'.... I would prefer not to have them & get my farmcash reapplied to my account. :eek:

Hi, I was thinking of buying these - could you please explain what they do and don't do. Not seen much info about them. :)

Does anyone else have an opinion on the hands? :confused:

KnightRider
Sep 17 2012, 02:14 AM
:eek:

Hi, I was thinking of buying these - could you please explain what they do and don't do. Not seen much info about them. :)

They are for decorating, it is for layering like ponds, buildings and other decorations. They can't be used for crops, trees, or flowers. Which it states that in the release notes. Others have said it has been a lot of help. It replaces the need to use paths to overlap decorations.

StoneFace
Sep 17 2012, 06:25 AM
:eek:

I broke down and bought them.... although the FC takes a hit, I have used the green a few times and love it. In fact, on some farms I went so far as to move stuff around and delete all the dirt paths that I originally needed.

When I place an item, I can look at it and if I want to change it, it is a simple thing to do.

My guess is that if they were really cheap, everyone would buy and enjoy them. The next thing I will try is bridge building which I anticipate will be MUCH easier.

enjoy

Mrs Mags
Sep 17 2012, 06:52 AM
I broke down and bought them.... although the FC takes a hit, I have used the green a few times and love it. In fact, on some farms I went so far as to move stuff around and delete all the dirt paths that I originally needed.

When I place an item, I can look at it and if I want to change it, it is a simple thing to do.

My guess is that if they were really cheap, everyone would buy and enjoy them. The next thing I will try is bridge building which I anticipate will be MUCH easier.

enjoy

I brought them too, and I love them..I've been having great fun with them...I would love to be able to make bridges Stoneface...is there a tutorial on how to do them?
Not sure if this is off topic or not...but we are discussing the release tools :)

1fritz
Sep 17 2012, 07:10 AM
I love my green glove. I think it well worth the FC I spent. Enjoy the ease of decorating, overlapping with out paths. I do hope in a future release that a purple one will be released that will allow overlapping of plants and fences.

maggiel29
Sep 17 2012, 08:10 AM
I brought them too, and I love them..I've been having great fun with them...I would love to be able to make bridges Stoneface...is there a tutorial on how to do them?
Not sure if this is off topic or not...but we are discussing the release tools :)

Yes I love them too Mags - I ummed and ahhed but gave in - and Im glad I did - not done too much yet but waiting for some new Xmas goodies.

Yes Stoneface - would love a tutorial on bridge buiilding :D Perhaps you could put it in the social thread and leave poor Robin running round the woods for a while! Pics will do - dont need words.

StoneFace
Sep 17 2012, 08:10 AM

I am not aware of any...

It would also be useful to have an idea of what items work better as bridge supports, and what items do not. I play around with lots of things as I experiment with everything from milk containers to brown gates to dog steps.

maggiel29
Sep 17 2012, 08:11 AM
I love my green glove. I think it well worth the FC I spent. Enjoy the ease of decorating, overlapping with out paths. I do hope in a future release that a purple one will be released that will allow overlapping of plants and fences.

Yes its a real nuisance the fences dont overlap!

SunnyD
Sep 17 2012, 09:05 AM
hello folks i have not been here in a few weeks.. but... i just tried to dispatch my train on my farm 13.. and it says i have a train dispatched on my farm 14.. which i do not.. this train has never been anywhere else but where it is... any ideas what i can do???? this is new to me it not working.... thanks

Taz D
Sep 17 2012, 09:13 AM
hello folks i have not been here in a few weeks.. but... i just tried to dispatch my train on my farm 13.. and it says i have a train dispatched on my farm 14.. which i do not.. this train has never been anywhere else but where it is... any ideas what i can do???? this is new to me it not working.... thanks
Take just the engine to farm 14 and unload. Then put it back on your train on farm 13 and it should dispatch.

Mrs Mags
Sep 17 2012, 09:39 AM
I am not aware of any...

It would also be useful to have an idea of what items work better as bridge supports, and what items do not. I play around with lots of things as I experiment with everything from milk containers to brown gates to dog steps.

We need a Design thread.:)

Wolves11
Sep 17 2012, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. I think I'll buy the freehand tools when Farm 16 comes out so I can have a good mess around with them lol

debzgiantfarm
Sep 17 2012, 02:40 PM
it must be time to close this thread soon as its shouldnt be long till next update yay farm 16 whoo hoo

KnightRider
Sep 17 2012, 02:40 PM

You said you tried to dispatch a train on farm 13 and I just looked and there is not train on farm 13, but you do have one on farm 14 that has been dispatched for 4 days, so you dispatched sometime last week. That train will return in 3 days. Unless the link to your farm is a different account than the one you are talking about in the above post.

KnightRider
Sep 17 2012, 02:43 PM
it must be time to close this thread soon as its shouldnt be long till next update yay farm 16 whoo hoo

Have at least another week, it hasn't even been 3 weeks since this last release, I figure around the 27th of this month. I am going to use farm 16 as my storage farm.

SunnyD
Sep 17 2012, 03:30 PM
Take just the engine to farm 14 and unload. Then put it back on your train on farm 13 and it should dispatch.

i just tried that again after doing it earlier .. it not working then i emptied cache' rebooted pc etc.. still not working.. ugh LOL

KnightRider
Sep 17 2012, 05:41 PM
i just tried that again after doing it earlier .. it not working then i emptied cache' rebooted pc etc.. still not working.. ugh LOL

Are you talking about a different account than the one that you have linked to the forum, cause that account has a train that was dispatched 4 days ago and will return in 3 days? :confused:

AuntLainey
Sep 17 2012, 06:00 PM
My restaurants are no longer in my facility chain. They are still on my farms. I need to go to the individual farms to work on them. I hope this can be fixed. Also may of my neighbors lights no longer lite up even though they are on. Frustrating. I am certain that you are doing your best to correct these glitches.
Lainey

Says I am not linked to the Forum but I thought I was. Hmmmm?

Taz D
Sep 17 2012, 06:16 PM
My restaurants are no longer in my facility chain. They are still on my farms. I need to go to the individual farms to work on them. I hope this can be fixed. Also may of my neighbors lights no longer lite up even though they are on. Frustrating. I am certain that you are doing your best to correct these glitches.
Lainey

Says I am not linked to the Forum but I thought I was. Hmmmm?
For your Facility Manager click on the filter in the upper right that looks like a funnel. Change your setting there to Facilities on All Farms from Active Facilities on All Farms.
The neighbor lights depend on the neighbor being actively working on their farm. Also those lights do not update immediately when a neighbor goes to their farm.

Maryleedaggett
Sep 17 2012, 09:02 PM
LOVE the people!!!!!!!!!:D

Farm Lady
Sep 17 2012, 09:22 PM
Hi. Love the last update, especially our new helpful mayor, and am eagerly looking forward to the next one. Just a heads up that the 'search' feature in crops still has some bugs in it. I did a search for a crop and it will not return to the regular sort feature, even though I closed it many times. I had to go out of the game and re-enter it to get it back to normal and search by stored amount.

Please don't let this interfere with the next release. Love you guys.

KnightRider
Sep 17 2012, 09:55 PM
Hi. Love the last update, especially our new helpful mayor, and am eagerly looking forward to the next one. Just a heads up that the 'search' feature in crops still has some bugs in it. I did a search for a crop and it will not return to the regular sort feature, even though I closed it many times. I had to go out of the game and re-enter it to get it back to normal and search by stored amount.

Please don't let this interfere with the next release. Love you guys.

I am glad you posted the evil post in this thread, your post # was 666. :D :D :D

Next time you use the search feature and it doesn't return to normal, put just a space from the space bar in the search box and see it that returns it back to normal.

SunnyD
Sep 18 2012, 12:41 AM
Are you talking about a different account than the one that you have linked to the forum, cause that account has a train that was dispatched 4 days ago and will return in 3 days? :confused:

i have just the one farm with a train.. this is what it shows me when i click on the train...And the train has always been on this farm from the day i purchased it so had the other two cars i have tried to move it a few times still no luck.. I'm lost as what to do..

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=13502&pictureid=40210

KnightRider
Sep 18 2012, 01:24 AM
i have just the one farm with a train.. this is what it shows me when i click on the train...And the train has always been on this farm from the day i purchased it so had the other two cars i have tried to move it a few times still no luck.. I'm lost as what to do..

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=13502&pictureid=40210

After you get that message and then click on the checkmark, does the train details stay open or does it close. If it stays open then click on train status and see what it shows, if it shows the info, then you will just have to keep clicking on the checkmark and after your train returns see if you can unload it and see if the message goes away.

Satis
Sep 18 2012, 06:21 AM

enjoy

Stoneface would you mind giving a link to your farms? I'd like to see what youre doing. Still wrestling with mine a bit. I'm very sorry they won't allow paths over sand etc.

StoneFace
Sep 18 2012, 07:11 AM
Stoneface would you mind giving a link to your farms? I'd like to see what youre doing. Still wrestling with mine a bit. I'm very sorry they won't allow paths over sand etc.

I suppose I could do that.

Satis
Sep 18 2012, 08:17 AM
I suppose I could do that.

Many thanks. Great design! Lots of ideas there.

I like what you've done with the fences. And the mountains with sloping paths.

Looks as if I need a complete overhaul!

SunnyD
Sep 18 2012, 08:19 AM
After you get that message and then click on the checkmark, does the train details stay open or does it close. If it stays open then click on train status and see what it shows, if it shows the info, then you will just have to keep clicking on the checkmark and after your train returns see if you can unload it and see if the message goes away.

lol omg i swear i never thought to click that lol lol it shows the status duh duh... ok i have been soo preoccupied with moving.. I bought a new house and it has been running me crazy for weeks now..LOL i started living in the new house on the 11th and this is the first time i have been on FT for more than five minutes in a few weeks.. I will hush up for three days at least LOL today I get my phone installed and my dishwasher so maybe i can calm down a bit LOL ty much for your input everyone... Good Grief... I feel like a dork LOL LOL

charlies4ng3ls
Sep 18 2012, 02:01 PM
Thank you , thank you , thank you - you brought the people back - that is fantastic - you made my day, and I have had a rough one!

Thanks again - you guys rock!

ImajeanB
Sep 18 2012, 04:21 PM
Thanks Raul :) great release :)

Is there a way to put the animals we get from the new train car from the storage without placing them on a farm? I can't find info on these anywhere on here. What do we do with all of the animals?

Taz D
Sep 18 2012, 04:31 PM
Is there a way to put the animals we get from the new train car from the storage without placing them on a farm? I can't find info on these anywhere on here. What do we do with all of the animals?
Not at the moment there isn't though it has been suggested.

Aussie Rae
Sep 18 2012, 06:49 PM
thanks for allowing the decorative people to return without having to show decorations, love my little people!!! and have not had a mysterious unknown person aka "somebody" work my facilities since yesterday, they have gone ...pays to keep reporting and blocking these people!!!...just visit their farm and get the farm id from the url bar...slashkey and facebook must be sick of me by now, they have had that many emails sent to them, lol

Farm Lady
Sep 18 2012, 07:49 PM
I am glad you posted the evil post in this thread, your post # was 666. :D :D :D

Next time you use the search feature and it doesn't return to normal, put just a space from the space bar in the search box and see it that returns it back to normal.

Thanks kitt1962 for the help. Didn't know 666 was the 'evil' post number but I seem to have broken that spell. I'll use the spacebar trick if I get stuck sorting crops again.

Ellen Betty Nelson
Sep 18 2012, 09:19 PM
I am still losing gifts from my giftbox!
I have just accepter one hundred gifts and when I got to the farm, there was only 36 in my giftbox.
Next timer after I had accepted one hundred, there was only 2 gifts in my box.
What is going on here?

I have been away from the farm for a few days, so my gifts had backed up, so I did have quite a few pages of gifts to accept.
I don't think I will accept any more until we can get this fixed!
Tired of sending gifts back, only to find I had nothing for me!

Taz D
Sep 18 2012, 11:07 PM
I am still losing gifts from my giftbox!
I have just accepter one hundred gifts and when I got to the farm, there was only 36 in my giftbox.
Next timer after I had accepted one hundred, there was only 2 gifts in my box.
What is going on here?

I have been away from the farm for a few days, so my gifts had backed up, so I did have quite a few pages of gifts to accept.
I don't think I will accept any more until we can get this fixed!
Tired of sending gifts back, only to find I had nothing for me!
Are you using the App Center through Facebook or the My Requests from your farm.?

servocrow
Sep 19 2012, 07:32 AM
I had a little weird thing happen with my train. I DID dispatch it but it didn't go transparent (and yes, I have that checked). When I check my train's status, it does tell me it has "already dispatched" (though I am not trying to dispatch, I'm just checking the status). The "status" time is where it should be, but it isn't going "transparent". I unchecked/checked the option again and reloaded--still not transparent.

It's still functioning, but I thought I would come in and mention it.

mac16129
Sep 19 2012, 08:21 AM
Thanks for putting the farm workers back on and not with the decorations!!!!

Ellen Betty Nelson
Sep 19 2012, 09:46 AM
Are you using the App Center through Facebook or the My Requests from your farm.?

The 'My Requests' from my farm

Which should I be using?

Tiger
Sep 19 2012, 10:18 AM

Which should I be using?

The My Requests is better as it updates quicker where as the App centre sometimes doesn't and will show you a gift that's already been accepted.

See if you can spot if any of your friends are trying to send you more than one gift per day, if they are, they are attempting to take advantage of a glitch. What tends to happen is the first gift will work and the others wont. If they are doing this ask them to stop.

Taz D
Sep 19 2012, 10:20 AM

Which should I be using?
That is what you should be using. It sounds like your gifts that you have already accepted are not clearing so you are trying to accept the same gift again. Try clearing your cache and restarting your farm in between going to the my requests.

barbaraelwart
Sep 19 2012, 10:36 AM
All I wanted to say is THANK YOU DEVS - I Love the Mayor and I Love the green hand - has made designing so much easier. Waiting eagerly and not so patiently for Farm 16, so I can do some more designing and play with that hand :D

SunnyD
Sep 19 2012, 11:42 AM
i am getting a freaky amount of "Error X025" like maybe 8 times just today... it is increasing I have been logged in but not on FT for a lot of the day.. haven't done much on my farms at all today .. have been getting that at least once a day for the last few days but today is really bad...

Ellen Betty Nelson
Sep 19 2012, 03:35 PM
The My Requests is better as it updates quicker where as the App centre sometimes doesn't and will show you a gift that's already been accepted.

See if you can spot if any of your friends are trying to send you more than one gift per day, if they are, they are attempting to take advantage of a glitch. What tends to happen is the first gift will work and the others wont. If they are doing this ask them to stop.

Yes, some of them do send more than one, but then there is always the 'ignore' box. But there is only one or two who do that.
but the time that I accepted 100, and then got to my farm, I had only 6 gifts, there was only 1 person that had sent me more than one gift.

Would this be one of those things that happen when you have 'larger farms'? I have just remembered that this seemed to start along the time that I enlarged my farms to 30 x 30.
Do you Think?
Thanks for everyone's suggestions for helping.

Bettasrock78
Sep 20 2012, 02:36 AM
When is the next levels and farm 16 going to be released?

KnightRider
Sep 20 2012, 02:47 AM
When is the next levels and farm 16 going to be released?

They should be coming in the next release, and only the dev's know when the new release will come out.

KnightRider
Sep 20 2012, 04:54 PM
I noticed on this last release the August release thread wasn't closed until this release (Sep 01) came out, maybe they will do that again.

Molly Mew
Sep 20 2012, 06:45 PM
Hi everyone. :)

Just a friendly reminder to keep this thread for posts about the new release.

Many thanks.

jedrapeau
Sep 20 2012, 10:54 PM
With the green glove you can hide one or more smaller buildings underneath larger ones. That lets you hide some of your facilities (if you want to) thereby freeing up space. You can still access them through the facility manager.

maggiel29
Sep 21 2012, 02:41 AM
Just to report I am not getting that annoying false error message with my train now. I just unloaded it. Then cleared my cache and macromedia files and rebooted. Then came back and dispatched it again. It is now transparent and doesnt give me the message saying I cant dispatch it when I have!

jkmyer
Sep 21 2012, 08:27 AM
Not sure if this is a problem that I should ask here, but I am going to. For the last couple of weeks both my husband and I have a hard time working anyones factories about one out of 5 or 6 tries get us to the factories he is on 2 and I am on 7 mine seems a little worse than his. Not sure if this started with the new upgrade as we were on vacation the first week it was out. Thanks for all of the hard work FT is still the only game we play.

Tiger
Sep 21 2012, 09:11 AM
Not sure if this is a problem that I should ask here, but I am going to. For the last couple of weeks both my husband and I have a hard time working anyones factories about one out of 5 or 6 tries get us to the factories he is on 2 and I am on 7 mine seems a little worse than his. Not sure if this started with the new upgrade as we were on vacation the first week it was out. Thanks for all of the hard work FT is still the only game we play.

Hi there,

What steps have you already tried to correct this yourself? Please click on the following link and try the suggestions there, start with clearing browser caches, if that doesn't help move on to the rest of the suggestions.......
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666

If you are having issues with slowness please see the following........
Game Running Slow (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504374)

slimpat
Sep 21 2012, 10:29 AM
With the green glove you can hide one or more smaller buildings underneath larger ones. That lets you hide some of your facilities (if you want to) thereby freeing up space. You can still access them through the facility manager.

That is good to know now it makes sense to get it thanks for the information

LoreneC
Sep 21 2012, 11:08 AM
That is good to know now it makes sense to get it thanks for the information

I have ten facilities hidden in one big building!! I love that green tool. The farm loads a tad bit slower but still not bad.

SunnyD
Sep 21 2012, 12:49 PM
I have ten facilities hidden in one big building!! I love that green tool. The farm loads a tad bit slower but still not bad.

you stack buildings on top of each other?? are you for real?? do you have to use like dirt paths or anything?? what do visitors to your farm view?? has anyone said anything besides it loading a bit slow?
sorry to ask so much .. but also is there a particular building your able to do this with or just any of them?

beautysmom
Sep 21 2012, 01:07 PM
Just to report I am not getting that annoying false error message with my train now. I just unloaded it. Then cleared my cache and macromedia files and rebooted. Then came back and dispatched it again. It is now transparent and doesnt give me the message saying I cant dispatch it when I have!

Didn't work for me....

dojewo
Sep 21 2012, 01:09 PM
I had a little weird thing happen with my train. I DID dispatch it but it didn't go transparent (and yes, I have that checked). When I check my train's status, it does tell me it has "already dispatched" (though I am not trying to dispatch, I'm just checking the status). The "status" time is where it should be, but it isn't going "transparent". I unchecked/checked the option again and reloaded--still not transparent.

It's still functioning, but I thought I would come in and mention it.[/I]

I also had this happen with my train today, that's why I came here to read LOL, hoping to find the answer

Taz D
Sep 21 2012, 01:30 PM
you stack buildings on top of each other?? are you for real?? do you have to use like dirt paths or anything?? what do visitors to your farm view?? has anyone said anything besides it loading a bit slow?
sorry to ask so much .. but also is there a particular building your able to do this with or just any of them?
You need the new gloves to be able to do this.

AnnGO
Sep 21 2012, 06:02 PM
I was getting the message that I had to move my train back to farm 14, bit silly really as thats where they were so where do I move back to!

Anyway I decided to wait it out. Once I knew the train was ready for unload I did and the message has gone. I unloaded and dispatched no problem.

I was getting the message you all have, but once I decided to ignore it as I was already on Farm 14 and hadnt moved it.

I waited to see what would happen when I had reached the day of unload, it worked perfectly.

Just a little cliche well done devs love all the new stuff

LoreneC
Sep 21 2012, 06:56 PM

I did it on my facilities farm. I put most of them in the Cancer Research Center, some others in the large apartment building, and some in the large cathedral. I have around 30 facilities but only ten went with the way I decorated that farm. I used the green glove. It was easy peasy!! Just plop them in. Every once in awhile a building will not hide but mostly they do. I also have hidden my chicken coops and dairy sheds on some other farms by putting them in a large house.

No one has said it loads a tad slow, that was my observation. It may be in my head since I know it is stacked!!
I love that green glove!!

jedrapeau
Sep 21 2012, 08:30 PM
You don't use dirt paths, just do it with the green glove. Place a large building, then use the green glove to put a facility down on top of it and it will disappear behind the first one. Any of the buildings work, although once in awhile I have a little trouble getting the whole bldg in, but mostly it works very well. I used it to hide only a few, but someone I know has hidden lots of them on one farm. Visitors see the large buildings, but not the facilities you put behind them. You can hide small facilities behind large facilities too.

1fritz
Sep 21 2012, 09:08 PM
You don't use dirt paths, just do it with the green glove. Place a large building, then use the green glove to put a facility down on top of it and it will disappear behind the first one. Any of the buildings work, although once in awhile I have a little trouble getting the whole bldg in, but mostly it works very well. I used it to hide only a few, but someone I know has hidden lots of them on one farm. Visitors see the large buildings, but not the facilities you put behind them. You can hide small facilities behind large facilities too.

Love the green glove!!! It's amazing.

Aussie Rae
Sep 22 2012, 01:08 AM
I did it on my facilities farm. I put most of them in the Cancer Research Center, some others in the large apartment building, and some in the large cathedral. I have around 30 facilities but only ten went with the way I decorated that farm. I used the green glove. It was easy peasy!! Just plop them in. Every once in awhile a building will not hide but mostly they do. I also have hidden my chicken coops and dairy sheds on some other farms by putting them in a large house.

No one has said it loads a tad slow, that was my observation. It may be in my head since I know it is stacked!!

i have hidden up to 18 facilities and all the animal barns, mines etc in the modern mansion on all 15 farms...the green glove is brilliant!!:)

Aussie Rae
Sep 22 2012, 01:10 AM

i have hidden up to 18 facilities and all the animal barns, mines etc in the modern mansion on all 15 farms...the green glove is brilliant!!

knolan
Sep 22 2012, 04:46 AM
I have tried using the green glove, something as simple as putting the small pond over the mulch paths, Doesn't work... I am not happy at all with the green glove, it doesn't work. I would like a refund, I have sent numerous messages & still haven't recvd a response.

maggiel29
Sep 22 2012, 05:53 AM
I have tried using the green glove, something as simple as putting the small pond over the mulch paths, Doesn't work... I am not happy at all with the green glove, it doesn't work. I would like a refund, I have sent numerous messages & still haven't recvd a response.

For some reason the glove doesn't work with paths and fences - you can get paths under two sometimes three sides of water but not all of them. The only ones that work reasonably well if you fiddle seem to be the roads as they are bigger - lay them down first and put the pond on top.
I wish they would make it work with the ornamental non harvestable trees too like the small pine - I would love to get them on top of the grass hills!

SunnyD
Sep 22 2012, 05:56 AM

THAT is sooo awesome.. i soo have to get the green glove.. i have been greedy with my money cause of this very thing... no room...and a steady need for mass productions... soooo i now i have to save up ... see how long I last before I run to Walmart and say "Help i need a Facebook Credit card" lol lol

SunnyD
Sep 22 2012, 05:59 AM
anyone else getting massive amount of Error x025...... i can't get a thing done this is all i get.... my crops are being majorly effected too.. crops that has 17+ hours until wither have died like crazy on me I will be on the farm harvesting Oops Error x025 have to click on it and come back and the crops i was just harvesting have withered........ .. this is getting a bit nutso...................

maggiel29
Sep 22 2012, 05:59 AM
THAT is sooo awesome.. i soo have to get the green glove.. i have been greedy with my money cause of this very thing... no room...and a steady need for mass productions... soooo i now i have to save up ... see how long I last before I run to Walmart and say "Help i need a Facebook Credit card" lol lol

I agree - it was worth it for me just for being able to hide some of the buildings. And also get them right next to each other without using paths. But I still wish I could put my small pine trees on the top of the grassy hills - please please Devs.

LoreneC
Sep 22 2012, 07:06 AM
I agree - it was worth it for me just for being able to hide some of the buildings. And also get them right next to each other without using paths. But I still wish I could put my small pine trees on the top of the grassy hills - please please Devs.

That will be the purple glove! At least we can hope!

Mrs Mags
Sep 22 2012, 10:37 AM
Couldn't agree more!! Pretty please Raul :)

kataltay
Sep 22 2012, 11:20 AM
That will be the purple glove! At least we can hope!

imagine the cost of a third glove!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

maggiel29
Sep 22 2012, 11:52 AM
imagine the cost of a third glove!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Well I expect I would still get one :D Ive just put the two extra mines I had in storage on my town and hidden them behind the Cancer building. That building is wonderful for hiding things.

KnightRider
Sep 22 2012, 02:19 PM
What I don't understand is that Slashkey said they don't like layering and couldn't talk about like making waterfalls, yet they come out with a tool to layer everything but plant items. Now some one with hundreds of factories can make it so only a few will show, they will layer hundreds of factories in a little space.

Tony D
Sep 22 2012, 02:40 PM
What I don't understand is that Slashkey said they don't like layering and couldn't talk about like making waterfalls, yet they come out with a tool to layer everything but plant items. Now some one with hundreds of factories can make it so only a few will show, they will layer hundreds of factories in a little space.Hi , in the past the developers did not support or recommend layering of buildings and decorations , this is why we have not allowed discussion on that topic. Now that the Developers have released tools to layer these items , they will be supported within the game and allowed to be discussed on the forum. At this time we will still not be allowing discussion on layering/staggering of crops or plants.

kataltay
Sep 22 2012, 09:09 PM
Well I expect I would still get one :D Ive just put the two extra mines I had in storage on my town and hidden them behind the Cancer building. That building is wonderful for hiding things.

If you can do that now with the green glove (and I have done it with mine, and have done many other decorating jobs made 1000 times easier because of the new tool, what else is there left to stack?? Maybe trees on those hills would look great, but I personally will not justify more than 50FC for any tool, nor do I foresee the devs charging more than that for any, as none so far cost more.

I guess some farmers will not be satisfied until devs release a robot tool that does the whole 9 yards for them.

zippity
Sep 22 2012, 09:25 PM
If you can do that now with the green glove (and I have done it with mine, and have done many other decorating jobs made 1000 times easier because of the new tool, what else is there left to stack?? Maybe trees on those hills would look great, but I personally will not justify more than 50FC for any tool, nor do I foresee the devs charging more than that for any, as none so far cost more.

I guess some farmers will not be satisfied until devs release a robot tool that does the whole 9 yards for them.

For that tool I would happily pay 500 Fc for

1fritz
Sep 22 2012, 09:43 PM

I would be happy to pay $50 Farmcash for a purple glove that would allow overlapping of plants and fences.

Docperk
Sep 22 2012, 10:28 PM
I was sure hoping the new release would have been this weekend. But oh well I guess it will be next weekend. Or maybe we'll get lucky and it come during the this next week.

Deborah1979
Sep 23 2012, 04:39 AM
Hypothetical situation, but needs addressing, please!
When I am working in neighbors facilities, I quite often get the "Such & Such Facility could not be loaded. Click the green arrow... red X etc". I have never been able to get the facility to reload using the green arrow, but rather have to find the building on the farm and load it by clicking directly on it.
NOW, if a neighbor has several facilities "hidden" in a larger building, there really won't be any way to find it, will there? And, if I can't find it, then I will miss all of the work in that one and any others that can't be found.
I would guess that I am in the minority of those playing FarmTown that have loading issues on a regular basis. Maybe a lot of my neighbors won't hide a lot of their facilities.
Any suggestions or ideas to help me when this occurs?
Thanks,
Deborah

Tony D
Sep 23 2012, 05:17 AM
Hypothetical situation, but needs addressing, please!
When I am working in neighbors facilities, I quite often get the "Such & Such Facility could not be loaded. Click the green arrow... red X etc". I have never been able to get the facility to reload using the green arrow, but rather have to find the building on the farm and load it by clicking directly on it.
NOW, if a neighbor has several facilities "hidden" in a larger building, there really won't be any way to find it, will there? And, if I can't find it, then I will miss all of the work in that one and any others that can't be found.
I would guess that I am in the minority of those playing FarmTown that have loading issues on a regular basis. Maybe a lot of my neighbors won't hide a lot of their facilities.
Any suggestions or ideas to help me when this occurs?
Thanks,
DeborahHi , if you cannot find the building , the only thing you can do is to exit and click on the facility post again or reload the farm you are on again.

knolan
Sep 23 2012, 05:23 AM
For some reason the glove doesn't work with paths and fences - you can get paths under two sometimes three sides of water but not all of them. The only ones that work reasonably well if you fiddle seem to be the roads as they are bigger - lay them down first and put the pond on top.
I wish they would make it work with the ornamental non harvestable trees too like the small pine - I would love to get them on top of the grass hills!

>> The description of the Gloves states to allow layering of "Paths & Ponds", & "allow everything except plants"... The reason I purchased them does not work as described, I have requested a refund several times & haven't recvd a response. I don't decorate for competition & don't like to hide my bldgs. I would like to see the descriptions changed to reflect what they actually do. I'm still very disappointed, I want my 90 FC so I can purchase something I can use. Thank U for your input maggie, much appreciated. Have a Great Day... (")(^o^)(")

JW2009
Sep 23 2012, 06:58 AM
Hi, what is your take on this message i get once in a while after i post a belt from a neighbour(s) ..... "Thanks for sharing! I'm claiming feed bonuses your shared with 'Farm Town' !{ name removed }
What do they mean by this and does SLASHKEY approve?

Tony D
Sep 23 2012, 07:50 AM
Hi, what is your take on this message i get once in a while after i post a belt from a neighbour(s) ..... "Thanks for sharing! I'm claiming feed bonuses your shared with 'Farm Town' !{ name removed }
What do they mean by this and does SLASHKEY approve?Hi, this is a third party program , and therefore not approved by Slashkey.

JW2009
Sep 23 2012, 08:03 AM
Thank you, i thought so exactly :)Hi, this is a third party program , and therefore not approved by Slashkey.

maggiel29
Sep 23 2012, 08:17 AM
>> The description of the Gloves states to allow layering of "Paths & Ponds", & "allow everything except plants"... The reason I purchased them does not work as described, I have requested a refund several times & haven't recvd a response. I don't decorate for competition & don't like to hide my bldgs. I would like to see the descriptions changed to reflect what they actually do. I'm still very disappointed, I want my 90 FC so I can purchase something I can use. Thank U for your input maggie, much appreciated. Have a Great Day... (")(^o^)(")

Yes I was disappointed the glove doesnt work with paths or the fences - I am sure it is meant to as you say. I still like it but it would be nice if this glitch??? was fixed.

Docperk
Sep 23 2012, 09:15 AM

I had requested a refund once set around wondering why I had not received it yet and then found I had an email from them asking me a question before they could complete the request. The email was in my Junk mail, if you have not already, you might check that.

As far as the glove conversation, I am still on the fence about it. Seams to me from reading in here the main reason people are getting them is to be able to hide some of the facilities, I can see this as space serving method, but what happened to the idea of using them for decorating the farm? Then they say well if we hide them, then we can decorate the farm with all the other things. I guess I will just stay on the fence and eventually fall one way or the other. :)

barbaraelwart
Sep 23 2012, 09:56 AM
Yes I was disappointed the glove doesnt work with paths or the fences - I am sure it is meant to as you say. I still like it but it would be nice if this glitch??? was fixed.

I have been able to overlap fences, as in the gap is not big enough to put a whole fence, but using the green hand it will go in. However, you do have to place the fence on the farm first and then move it into position using the green hand, have not tried with paths, but will have a go now! I LOVE the green hand :D

anglnwhite
Sep 23 2012, 11:59 AM
I'm a farm decorating freak and I LOVE the design tools. I can overlap buildings and all decorations. I can place the items I just mentioned on top of crops if I so choose. I can overlap ponds and water ways. I've only "hidden" one animal facility and it worked like a charm. I'm thrilled about the prospect of being able to stack my overcrowded facilities to free up more real estate. It now takes days to accomplish what used to take weeks.

The only items i still need to use the paths with are flowers and trees, but I'm sure the purple or orange glove will take care of that in the future.

BRAVO DEVS!

servocrow
Sep 23 2012, 12:21 PM
I'm a farm decorating freak and I LOVE the design tools. I can overlap buildings and all decorations. I can place the items I just mentioned on top of crops if I so choose. I can overlap ponds and water ways. I've only "hidden" one animal facility and it worked like a charm. I'm thrilled about the prospect of being able to stack my overcrowded facilities to free up more real estate. It now takes days to accomplish what used to take weeks.

The only items i still need to use the paths with are flowers and trees, but I'm sure the purple or orange glove will take care of that in the future.

BRAVO DEVS!

I totally agree with you. I'm still tweaking farms to make room. I love that you can put buildings inside buildings, place decorations closer (hills especially), and stretch the farms out further. LOVE THE GLOVE!!

Taz D
Sep 23 2012, 02:02 PM
I had requested a refund once set around wondering why I had not received it yet and then found I had an email from them asking me a question before they could complete the request. The email was in my Junk mail, if you have not already, you might check that.

As far as the glove conversation, I am still on the fence about it. Seams to me from reading in here the main reason people are getting them is to be able to hide some of the facilities, I can see this as space serving method, but what happened to the idea of using them for decorating the farm? Then they say well if we hide them, then we can decorate the farm with all the other things. I guess I will just stay on the fence and eventually fall one way or the other. :)
I have used it for overlapping mountains to move them closer together with less space between the peaks without having to use paths to do so. I love it. I used it to set my facilities closer together to make them look like one building as some do have a similar construction. I have also set a few animal buildings out on the edge of the farm to make more room for crops. And of course settin water items over paths as well as overlapping them to make them look like continuos warterways.
Personally I love the gloves.

anglnwhite
Sep 23 2012, 06:16 PM
One request for the devs ... PLEASE release the Halloween decorations earlier than usual. I need to stock up on scary caves. :D

Thanks!

StoneFace
Sep 23 2012, 06:45 PM
One request for the devs ... PLEASE release the Halloween decorations earlier than usual. I need to stock up on scary caves. :D

Thanks!

I will second that.....

.....Boo !!

earlgray
Sep 23 2012, 07:10 PM
Can someone tell me if the orange hand lets you overlap river pieces with mountains and waterfalls, or do you need the green hand to do that?

KnightRider
Sep 23 2012, 11:25 PM
Can someone tell me if the orange hand lets you overlap river pieces with mountains and waterfalls, or do you need the green hand to do that?

According to the Game Guide you can overlap paths and ponds with the Orange hand. Then the Green hand does everything else except for plant items.

earlgray
Sep 23 2012, 11:49 PM
According to the Game Guide you can overlap paths and ponds with the Orange hand. Then the Green hand does everything else except for plant items.

I know the game guide says that, but I was wondering if it really worked that way - looking for the voice of experience. Because I've read that there are some other things that don't work as stated, like the green hand apparently does not work for overlapping fence pieces.

And specifically, I'm trying to find out if the orange hand lets you overlap water pieces with mountains and waterfalls, or just with other water pieces.

I don't really understand the thing about overlapping paths anyway, because you can do that without the orange or green hand.

earlgray
Sep 23 2012, 11:54 PM

Can you please be specific about how they do not work as described? I'm considering buying them, and if there's a problem with them, I'd like to know before I spend my FC. Thanks.

maggiel29
Sep 24 2012, 03:10 AM
I know the game guide says that, but I was wondering if it really worked that way - looking for the voice of experience. Because I've read that there are some other things that don't work as stated, like the green hand apparently does not work for overlapping fence pieces.

And specifically, I'm trying to find out if the orange hand lets you overlap water pieces with mountains and waterfalls, or just with other water pieces.

I don't really understand the thing about overlapping paths anyway, because you can do that without the orange or green hand.

I dont know about the orange hand because I got the green one and the orange hand has gone. But Ive just been fiddling - I can get the fences to overlap each other now so maybe the Devs fixed it - thank-you Devs. Some things wont go on top of others or only partially - eg: trees, paths and fences wont go on top of the grass hills. Or items only over lap from one direction - I suppose it depends where the image place holder is! It is just a question of fiddling a little - but it is in no way at all as arduous as using paths to achieve the same thing. I would really love to be able to put "vegetation" on the hills and mountains in the form of little pine trees or the bushes maybe. The paths all still sink to the bottom which is good really as I hated it before when they didnt. Overall I agree with Taz and others who like the hand tools - I am glad I bought them.

1fritz
Sep 24 2012, 07:00 AM
Thank you, just noticed a post that said fences will now over lap, using the green hand. Tried it works. Thanks Devs.

Fritz

ImajeanB
Sep 24 2012, 07:18 AM
you stack buildings on top of each other?? are you for real?? do you have to use like dirt paths or anything?? what dobit slow?
sorry to ask so much .. but also is there a particular buildin visitors to your farm view?? has anyone said anything besides it loading a g your able to do this with or just any of them?

You do not have to use dirt paths. I have 30 facs stacked under one and still can work them from the Device Manager. I love the green hand. Thank you Devs for all the great things you do for us to enjoy!

ImajeanB
Sep 24 2012, 07:43 AM
Hi, this is a third party program , and therefore not approved by Slashkey.

Will someone tell me what we can do with the yellow glove. I know the green one hides facs and other buildings under a building so why the yellow one? Thank you for any info on this.

HelenJS22
Sep 24 2012, 08:19 AM
Will someone tell me what we can do with the yellow glove. I know the green one hides facs and other buildings under a building so why the yellow one? Thank you for any info on this.

Below is the section about the gloves as posted in the new release announcement Imajean. This should help you. You need to buy the orange one before you can buy the green one, which I believe then negates the orange one ... much as the tools are used.

7. Freestyle Farm Designer (FC): There are now 2 tools for the hard core designers which will allow you to get very creative in your farms easily.

Orange Freestyle Farm Designer: Allow Layering of Paths and Ponds. This tool upgrades your yellow hand Edit Tool and enables paths and water items to almost fully overlap other items.

Green Freestyle Farm Designer: Allow Layering of All but Plants. If you already own the Orange Freestyle Farm Designer you can buy this Green Freestyle Farm Designer to allow any item except plants (fields/crops/tress/flowers) to almost fully overlap other items.

You can use these tools while designing on others farms as well.

Tony D
Sep 24 2012, 08:31 AM
Will someone tell me what we can do with the yellow glove. I know the green one hides facs and other buildings under a building so why the yellow one? Thank you for any info on this.Hi, Just adding to what Helen said , The yellow glove allows you to move things around your farm , but not to 'layer' them

beverduster
Sep 24 2012, 08:48 AM
i like the green glove have done a lot of stuff with it, dnt want to hide nothing in particliar but you sure can add a lot to the diminsion og the lay out

Docperk
Sep 24 2012, 05:23 PM
I have used it for overlapping mountains to move them closer together with less space between the peaks without having to use paths to do so. I love it. I used it to set my facilities closer together to make them look like one building as some do have a similar construction. I have also set a few animal buildings out on the edge of the farm to make more room for crops. And of course settin water items over paths as well as overlapping them to make them look like continuos warterways.
Personally I love the gloves.

Ok thanks for your input, I think I am going to see what comes out in the our next release, only have limited amount of FC I can spend and want to make sure I spend it on what I need the most. If the prices of the new farms are the same as they have been I think I got enough coin to expand it all the way so I wan't have to spend my FC on that for the first time. :)

KnightRider
Sep 24 2012, 08:00 PM
I use part of one farm for a storage farm, what doesn't the green glove layer except for plots, trees, and flowers; I know it doesn't layer those, but is there anything else it won't layer? I was thinking maybe if I got it I could use it to save space on my storage farm by putting my decorations that I am not using at the moment closer, the paths I use I don't have a problem with they will overlap anyway, but there is other items on my storage farm that takes up space. Before any one puts up what the Game Guide says, I have read of some having problems with some items and I know what the Guide says.

maggiel29
Sep 25 2012, 01:09 AM
I use part of one farm for a storage farm, what doesn't the green glove layer except for plots, trees, and flowers; I know it doesn't layer those, but is there anything else it won't layer? I was thinking maybe if I got it I could use it to save space on my storage farm by putting my decorations that I am not using at the moment closer, the paths I use I don't have a problem with they will overlap anyway, but there is other items on my storage farm that takes up space. Before any one puts up what the Game Guide says, I have read of some having problems with some items and I know what the Guide says.

I had a good fiddle yesterday and it will overlap everything I could find - sometimes you have to fiddle a little bit - you might have to bring the thing you want to hide in from another direction. I havent had time to do anything wonderful other than get my factories closer together and overlap those on another farm. Ive also got my rivers and seas etc how I wanted them. The only things I found it will not overlap is paths etc on top of things they still sink to the bottom - which is totally fine and the decorative trees. All in all I am glad I got it - Ive got some spare time coming up and I plan to have a good decorating session.