PDA

View Full Version : Discussions about Quests

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Tony D
Oct 18 2011, 05:10 AM
General Feedback on both Regular and Co-operative Quests

https://r1.slashkey.com/images/gameguide/quests/Regular Quest icon.jpg https://r1.slashkey.com/images/gameguide/coop/co op icon.png

This thread is for all feedback on the Quests.

Please note that if you have a Help question there are Official threads in Help & Support:
Regular Quests (https://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468066)
Co-operative Quests (https://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=604342)

If you have a suggestion about either type of Quest, please click on the following link and post your idea in that thread: Quests, Co-op Quests (https://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=634690)

We will endeavor to allow a bit more latitude in this section than in the other sections of the forum, however, please bear in mind we must stave off chaos.

Debates are allowed but posts which go beyond simple debates and fall into attacks against another member or out right name calling, or take a thread completely off track, will be removed.

amfwells
Jan 21 2012, 10:43 AM
:eek: Please tell me it isn't so..The one reason I love FT is NO quests and begging for stuff..I hope they aren't going to start quests as it will ruin a great fun game..

crafty chris
Jan 21 2012, 10:52 AM
:eek: Please tell me it isn't so..The one reason I love FT is NO quests and begging for stuff..I hope they aren't going to start quests as it will ruin a great fun game..

at the moment we dont know what the quests are until they come out but like the other game you dont have to do them if you dont want to :) .... i personally am keeping my options open and wait until they are released before i decide :)

LoreneC
Jan 21 2012, 11:26 AM
Raul said there would be quests but I did not see anything in his description that involved begging. Also, it is optional.

StoneFace
Jan 21 2012, 11:55 AM
Raul said there would be quests but I did not see anything in his description that involved begging. Also, it is optional.

If you look in the toolbox there is already an Icon for Quests. This would strongly imply that a farmer must CHOOSE to open the Quests and participate.

or not

artisanrox
Jan 25 2012, 07:48 AM
As long as there isn't an OBNOXIOUS GIGANTIC ARROW or something big and stupid in my way begging me to do quests, and they are optional, I don't care what they do with quests. i'm so busy farming and decorating that I don't need them, however if they are reasonable and do not involve begging I'll try them. :)

Farmgirl_Su
Jan 26 2012, 04:47 PM
A quest is a Journey to an end
The objects of quests require great exertion on the part of the hero, and the overcoming of many obstacles......

So the Quests on Farmtown are meant to be the same...something we have to work out and struggle to get to a significant successful ending!!!!!

SPOTSROCK
Jan 26 2012, 05:02 PM
So i don't have all the facilities .... and my first quest is to produce 10 bowling pens.... well don't have that factory .... think the devs need to think this thru and little bit more... .. .

JAS0643
Jan 26 2012, 05:55 PM
So i don't have all the facilities .... and my first quest is to produce 10 bowling pens.... well don't have that factory .... think the devs need to think this thru and little bit more... .. .

If it is the sports accessories factory you don't have then buy it it cost coins not fc so what is the problem with your quest. If it is a factory for one of the other parts of the quest and it cost fc again buy it or don't do that quest. No where was it said the quest would only be based on what you have the point of quest are to get people to buy or do things they may not already have or may not be doing.

jewelsbyrose@aol.com
Jan 26 2012, 06:59 PM
Are all the Quest the same for all players each day?

zippity
Jan 26 2012, 07:08 PM
Are all the Quest the same for all players each day?

No. They are different for everyone

twyda
Jan 26 2012, 07:22 PM
why are they dif? shouldn't they all be the same for everyone?

jcassemjr
Jan 26 2012, 08:16 PM
They are random. From reading all of the post, it appears to be a finished good that has to have each and every step completed from scratch (if you have the ingredient crop already planted, it accepts the harvest).

This way the DEV's don't have to generate a new quest every day. We can have an almost limited less number of quests.

If everyone had the same quest, everyone would have the same crops planted, which wouldn't be nice for all of the other functions of the game. If I needed Strawberries for normal production, but everyone was planting and trying harvest corn, when I went to the market seeking that work, it wouldn't be available.

harfis01
Jan 26 2012, 08:35 PM
My quest was to get copper ore and then make copper sheets.

I have neither a mine or the Metal Mill.

???????

SPOTSROCK
Jan 26 2012, 09:12 PM

???????

THUS my point ... i know we don't have to complete every quest .. BUT it has been hinted that if we do and get them done in a timely manner ...we could be awarded FC which is almost GOLD in this game..... thus i feel the DEVS should reconsider how we can complete the quest ...at the very least let us work at X facility to get part of the quest complete... ..
just my two cents...

dixiegirl
Jan 26 2012, 09:26 PM
My first quest required a facility that I do not have, and one that cost FC. So I won't be buying it. I can't do the quest which is ok, I was just disappointed that my first one was one I can't do. All my neighbors that I have talked to have the same problem. None of us had a quest that included a facility we had.

Taz D
Jan 26 2012, 10:12 PM

???????
Both of those facilities are for coin. Why not buy them?

blue nile
Jan 27 2012, 12:24 AM
The objects of quests require great exertion on the part of the hero, and the overcoming of many obstacles......

So the Quests on Farmtown are meant to be the same...something we have to work out and struggle to get to a significant successful ending!!!!!

Ha ha so true!! I learned the hard way by rushing in to my first quest and messing it up!! Now i am on my second (make 40 chilli powders). The key thing will be to only make 40 by single clicking in facility!! Need to wait for my peppers to grow first!! Anyway i think i am going to like doing them and from what i have read the coin rewards are quite good.

pythonis
Jan 27 2012, 01:13 AM
Personally, I wouldve thought the devs wouldve made the quests more teamwork oriented. Example, having to harvest a field of raspberries. Quite easy to plant/harvest your own but a bit more difficult to go to the market and do job after job until you finally get hired for a raspberry field.

Taz D
Jan 27 2012, 01:19 AM
Ha ha so true!! I learned the hard way by rushing in to my first quest and messing it up!! Now i am on my second (make 40 chilli powders). The key thing will be to only make 40 by single clicking in facility!! Need to wait for my peppers to grow first!! Anyway i think i am going to like doing them and from what i have read the coin rewards are quite good.
From what I have seen posted so far and the ones I have none of the requirements need more than 1 batch of anything except for harvested items.

Farmgirl_Su
Jan 27 2012, 02:31 AM
I think many are missing the point..a Quest isnt supposed to be easy.it isnt supposed to always complete. If FC are a possible reward then not everyone will finish every Quest. If you haven't got the facility/time/items then just play as before..
I messed up my first I added too much wheat to the facility..so I'll try the next one...if I want..These quests are just an added bonus and the very last thing the Devs should do are tell to in minute detail how to win a quest..
Quests like I put in the opening post are an obstacle course not an A to Z map of how ot do it.

blue nile
Jan 27 2012, 02:37 AM
From what I have seen posted so far and the ones I have none of the requirements need more than 1 batch of anything except for harvested items.

Thanks for that Taz!! I was still missing the point lol. Now i realise ONE single click will provide a batch of 40. :)

StoneFace
Jan 27 2012, 07:01 AM

I think they are working that thru....

for now, each Quest has to be completed by yourself alone... but there was an indication that at some point the work neighbors do for you, and you do for them will be part of the method to complete Quests.

time will tell.....

feistyfarmergirl76
Jan 28 2012, 12:47 AM
I was skeptical about quests initially, but tried it out today. My first quest, while a bit lackluster, did net me about a million coins with minimal effort, so I really can't complain. I imagine as we go along, they will get more complex. I agree with Pythonis in that I hope they will eventually make the quests more team oriented. I think they are starting off simply to see how it goes and to work out the programming bugs before getting more ambitious.
What I love about the FT quests is they are not mandatory for advancing levels: You play them if you want but you're under no obligation to if you don't. Just my two cents. :)

dixiegirl
Jan 28 2012, 09:46 AM
Yep... thats me.... whinneeeeee,.... moannnnn.... I want to playy tooooo!!!

Let me say right off the bat here that I LOVE this game. I am super addicted, been playing since June 09.

I was so looking forward to the quest as a new fun part of the game. But so far they aren't working for me. Why? I don't have the facilities. Yes some of them are coin and I could buy them. But why? For one quest. If I dont have the goods to fill them on a regular basis that is a waste of coin. Or perhaps they don't fit my "scheme". We have always been able to pick and chose the ones we want to use on our farms. So yes to an extend this one is my own fault. So I didn't do quest number 1.
That brings us to quest number 2. Finally got that... I was thinking this one I will be able to do. Nope it is worse. It requires 4 facilities to product dog snacks. None of which I have. And 2 are for real cash. So I'm out again. On this one I have no option cause I don't have the cash to spend. Again on something I might need just for the quest. I am really bummed.

I mean I really want to play. And I can't. And I am missing out on the goodies, the cash that others are getting. I mean it is great for them. Not mention down the line we are supposed to get more goodies based on how many we complete. So far I'm batting zero. And talking to my neighbors I am not the only one.

Ok Whine over, this may be moved, it may get locked, but I know I am not the only one that feels this way. I seldom post but this time I felt I just had to. Before anyone says anything, I have spent real money on this game. A lot of it. But I just want to play !!!! :D

jcassemjr
Jan 28 2012, 10:05 AM
So you are basically upset that you cannot play the quests because of how you choose to play the game?

As for the facilities that you don't have, which may or may not fit into one of 13 schemes you have developed, you don't want to buy them for a little quest reward. What about the coins you would earn from selling the finished goods day after day after day from those additional facilities? I haven't had a facility that didn't pay for it self, and then some within weeks of buying it. Decorations never pay for themselves, but I still have many decorative items.

We all choose to play how we want to play, and that will limit us in some way or form. When the Crop Belts came out, I removed every single decoration I had, jammed every facility I owned as close together that is looked like a box of random puzzle pieces, just to maximize my space for crops. I have every crop except 2 of the last ones released at the 6th Degree Dan, and have been able to go back and decorate each and every farm in the fashion I desire. During the time I was working on the Belts & Dan's, I couldn't have nice looking farms, because of how I wanted to play. My choice, not an issue that the DEV's needed to address.

IMHO, I think you have to make a choice, buy the other facilities to be able to participate in all of the quests, or play the game how you want.

LoreneC
Jan 28 2012, 10:14 AM
My first quest required the pet food factory which is coins and I did not have it. I purchased it, did the quest, and will put the pet food factory in storage. The 5.7 mill I made more than paid for it.

I do not have each and every facility either and eventually I will run into a quest that I can not do. I also like to decorate and do not like to place items that mess with my decorations. Since it was temporary I made room and went with it. Sometimes it gets tricky balancing decorating and earning coins.

I do understand where you are coming from since you did not do the first two, although it sounds like the first quest was a choice since it required a coin, rather than a cash facility.

Also, I did not think your post was whiney and of course the devs want all viewpoints. I am just presenting a different one!

dixiegirl
Jan 28 2012, 10:24 AM
I did say the first quest was my own fault. I openly admit that I didn't want the facility so I didn't do it. Yes that is how I chose to play the game, I openly admitted that.

But the second quest is not of my doing. I simply at this time do not have the FC to send on the facilities. So I am missing out on being able to take part and earn extra awards.

I think some of you didn't understand the point I was trying to make, that we should be offered some way to opt out or refuse a quest or something. A lot of players simply do not have cash at given points in time to put into the game.

The biggest whine I have is that the awards given will also be based on how many quest we complete and if we don't have the FC items then we are not completing quest. I know they say at some point we will be able to get help from others and help others, and I look forward to that. But in the meantime a lot of players are going to end up behind the curve.

artisanrox
Jan 28 2012, 10:37 AM
My first quest involves making 25 hot chocolate drinks. I have all the facilities for that, so that's not the problem. We'll see what the future brings.

I hope all of you begging for to-do lists are happy. -_-

jcassemjr
Jan 28 2012, 10:52 AM
By opting out or refuse, are you saying that you should be given a different quest to see if you can do that one as well? Because, if that is what you are asking for, I could see that there would be players that sit there refusing quest after quest until there is one with everything that they have ready to harvest, and room to start in their facilities, so that they could rush through it to get a higher bonus.

As players, many of us were asking for a new, challenging dynamic to the game. And I think the quests are just such an item. I think for those without some of the facilities will be be challenged to get those facilities. Some players will spend some real currency to get Farm Coins for some of the facilities they don't have, so that they can participate in the quests. But it will be their choice if they want to alter they way they choose to play to participate.

dixiegirl
Jan 28 2012, 11:12 AM
By opting out or refuse, are you saying that you should be given a different quest to see if you can do that one as well? Because, if that is what you are asking for, I could see that there would be players that sit there refusing quest after quest until there is one with everything that they have ready to harvest, and room to start in their facilities, so that they could rush through it to get a higher bonus.

As players, many of us were asking for a new, challenging dynamic to the game. And I think the quests are just such an item. I think for those without some of the facilities will be be challenged to get those facilities. Some players will spend some real currency to get Farm Coins for some of the facilities they don't have, so that they can participate in the quests. But it will be their choice if they want to alter they way they choose to play to participate.

No that is not what I am saying, not as a general rule. But on the ones that require FC items we should be able to request an optional quest for ones we own, or just let it expire without penalizing us.
I to was asking for a challenge, and if your reread my original post you will see I said how much I was looking forward to it. And still do, that was my point.
I think you are missing the point about the FC items. Some people simply dont have the money at a given time to put into, and the quest expire before they do.
It is everyone choice how they play, but if they don't have the money then they don't have the choice and are being penalized.
Happy Farming!

jcassemjr
Jan 28 2012, 11:30 AM
I think you are missing the point about the FC items. Some people simply dont have the money at a given time to put into, and the quest expire before they do.
It is everyone choice how they play, but if they don't have the money then they don't have the choice and are being penalized.
Happy Farming!

What penalty are you getting hit with? Are they taking coins or your farm cash away because you cannot complete a Quest? In football, a penalty cost loss of yards, in basket ball your opponent gets free throws. I don't see a penalty being imposed here.

Is it unfair in the game of Monopoly if you are sent to jail that there isn't a set of dice that Parker Brother's gives to every players that will always roll a set of doubles to get out? Or that they don't give every player all the money they would need to buy every property on the board with all of the hotels?

As for players not having real cash to spend on the game, there are still surveys and other items one can do to earn FB credits, with will allow them to be converted into Farm Cash. I'm sure if most people that really want to have farm cash could find $0.67USD a day to be able to buy 120 Farm Cash a month.

I know you have said that you have spent real money on the game, many of the advanced players have. Shouldn't there be some reward or advantage for those players? The players that have and continue to buy Farm Cash are the ones paying for the game to exist.

dixiegirl
Jan 28 2012, 11:46 AM
What penalty are you getting hit with? Are they taking coins or your farm cash away because you cannot complete a Quest? In football, a penalty cost loss of yards, in basket ball your opponent gets free throws. I don't see a penalty being imposed here.

Is it unfair in the game of Monopoly if you are sent to jail that there isn't a set of dice that Parker Brother's gives to every players that will always roll a set of doubles to get out? Or that they don't give every player all the money they would need to buy every property on the board with all of the hotels?

As for players not having real cash to spend on the game, there are still surveys and other items one can do to earn FB credits, with will allow them to be converted into Farm Cash. I'm sure if most people that really want to have farm cash could find $0.67USD a day to be able to buy 120 Farm Cash a month.

I know you have said that you have spent real money on the game, many of the advanced players have. Shouldn't there be some reward or advantage for those players? The players that have and continue to buy Farm Cash are the ones paying for the game to exist.

Ok you can have the last word. I started this on a light note, even poking fun at myself. Whatever. You totally missed my point!

The penalty I am referring to is the information that was given saying some future rewards would be based on how many quest a person completes.

I think spending real money on FC comes under the heading of playing the game like one chooses. I have supported and will continue to support the Dev and this game. Last word... Im going to play!

Tuckertbnc
Jan 28 2012, 12:50 PM
Hi Everyone ,,, I just 'found' the quests awhile ago and I'm now doing my 1st > the Petro one :)

.... I 've been reading everyone's posts :p and I've decided I'll make one farm a Quest crop farm and plant a bunch of small plots of all the different crops .....

What is the Highest number of plots per crop so far :confused:

I will really appreciate any feed back so I can plan on how to do my plots ... x 9's or 16's or 25's or a mix ...

Oh the planning :D

Reta J
Jan 28 2012, 01:24 PM
Hi!

So far the highest number I have had is 10 wheat.
I like your idea along with another I saw to plant a few of each tree needed... oh the ideas going through my brain lol

eleflump
Jan 28 2012, 03:05 PM
i want to moan about not being able to do quest too... only my problem is no matter how many maple trees i chop down they wont register!!!

jars7
Jan 28 2012, 05:55 PM
Where do you find the quests? I can't find them.

countryroads
Jan 28 2012, 06:08 PM
Yes, I would think 10 would be a good number, especially when it comes to corn, sugarcane and wheat since all of these require 10 to start a unit (for corn flour, sugar and flour). The only one I've needed so far that took 10, was wheat for making flour but I imagine if I come across one that requires sugar or corn flour, that it will also need 10 harvests. I keep wheat planted every day so that's not really too much of a problem and the same with sugarcane. However, I don't plant corn every day so I may keep 10 or so of those going. I planted a few trees in groups of five and hopefully, that will take care of any tree harvests that I need. And I'm keeping a mineral mine and open pit mine in storage and just taking them out when the quest calls for something from them. I keep my others in full production all the time and this way, I won't have to wait a long time for whatever I need. I ran into that with my first quest because it required something from one of the mines and they were already in full production. So far, I've enjoyed the quests and think they'll be even more fun when they open up some of the other features they mentioned.....like others helping, for instance.

Mr. H
Jan 28 2012, 06:24 PM
I see your point, dixiegirl. A player shouldn't be required to have FC facilities to do the quests. That will only alienate players that can't afford them or chose not to purchase them.

I haven't done any quests that involve trees yet but I don't think we should have to plant trees for a quest when we already have dozens, or in my case, hundreds of most of the important trees.

I'm sure the quests will change and evolve over time and many of the kinks will be worked out.

eleflump
Jan 28 2012, 06:41 PM
Hi harvest moon yes I tried buying new trees and chopping those after the first couple of hundred didnt register lol but that made no difference either. Wull try agaun tomorrow once they regrow.i also used the axe not chainsaw though a friend had pine quest yesterday and used chainsaw and it worked so might try that if its still not working. Failing all of that I guess i,ll just have to wait 4 days for time to run out,and hope I have better luck on next one lol happy farming:-D

samsmum
Jan 28 2012, 07:07 PM
[QUOTE=eleflump;5028170]Hi harvest moon yes I tried buying new trees and chopping those after the first couple of hundred didnt register lol but that made no difference either. Wull try agaun tomorrow once they regrow.i also used the axe not chainsaw though a friend had pine quest yesterday and used chainsaw and it worked so might try that if its still not working. Failing all of that I guess i,ll just have to wait 4 days for time to run out,and hope I have better luck on next one lol happy farming:-D[/QUOTE

might be a stupid question but the quest you are doing does require maple logs and not maple sap? Only thing I can think of to make the ones you have chopped not register

Taz D
Jan 28 2012, 08:25 PM
Where do you find the quests? I can't find them.
In the toolbox above the Trophies.

JAS0643
Jan 28 2012, 09:16 PM
I see your point, dixiegirl. A player shouldn't be required to have FC facilities to do the quests. That will only alienate players that can't afford them or chose not to purchase them.

I haven't done any quests that involve trees yet but I don't think we should have to plant trees for a quest when we already have dozens, or in my case, hundreds of most of the important trees.

I'm sure the quests will change and evolve over time and many of the kinks will be worked out.

At some point we can work others facilities to finish a question so not having a facility won't be a problem then. Hopefully that will be put in place soon. Until then people can do the ones they can and give feedback on them. This is new in the game and I am sure the developers will make changes based on feedback given.

Happy pants
Jan 28 2012, 11:31 PM
My first quest involves making 25 hot chocolate drinks. I have all the facilities for that, so that's not the problem. We'll see what the future brings.

I hope all of you begging for to-do lists are happy. -_-

Actually..... yeah. I find the quests kind of fun and something new to think about. Thanks for asking.

dmccrack2000
Jan 29 2012, 01:04 AM
My first quest I can do, but the second I can't, so am I just stuck? It looks like you have to do one after the other, so if I can't do #2 is that just the end of quests for me, or will they switch around so I can pick and choose? I am not going to buy facilities just for quests. Especially until I see what the payoff is going to be!

Farmgirl_Su
Jan 29 2012, 02:22 AM
My first quest I can do, but the second I can't, so am I just stuck? It looks like you have to do one after the other, so if I can't do #2 is that just the end of quests for me, or will they switch around so I can pick and choose? I am not going to buy facilities just for quests. Especially until I see what the payoff is going to be!

I don't think so,i think once a new one starts each day up to your grade limit.if you cannot do one it will run its time out and end.

i finished my first one yesterday and i got a few short of 10 million coin .So yes well worth doing I think.

Papi
Jan 29 2012, 02:24 AM
daughter's second quest is also for facilities she doesn't have. She's not happy at all, particuarly after I have told her the money others are getting from their quests. If goods earned from others don't count yet, perhaps they could have made sure the quests offered were ones people actually had facilities for (no idea how easy that might be to code, but it seems to be making quite a few people unhappy)

I kinda' thought that was how it would be ... a random selection from the facilities a player owns. But ... I've got one open now that requires a facility (a CA$H facility, no less) that I don't have. Yet.

Devs - might this be an opportunity for a player option? "Only give me quests from my current facilities" which would return less reward per completed quest vs. "Give me quests that might include new (to me) facilities" with a greater reward for completion.

Papi
Jan 29 2012, 02:25 AM
My current quest:

Produce 4 Salami
5 Days

2 Peppers (harvest, 40 hour crop)
-> 2 Chili Powder (produce)
1 Salt (produce, 5 hour imposed wait)
1 Meat (order, 1 hour imposed wait)
1 Pork (order, 1 hour imposed wait)

4 Salami (produce)

Farmgirl_Su
Jan 29 2012, 02:27 AM
Like others I have designated a farm for Quests on it i have put 10 of every kind of tree which I will leave ready. I am also going to have just a few of each crop on the go.Im really enjoying this, its fun and adds a new dimension to the game.Trying ot second guess which crop will be in the next challenge. and the best part is you only do them if you want.there is no pressure ..LOVIN IT!!!

Corn Farmer
Jan 29 2012, 03:04 AM
Hi Everyone ,,, I just 'found' the quests awhile ago and I'm now doing my 1st > the Petro one :)...
Just keep in mind that quests are different for different people - my first quest was "Bake 15x rhubarb pies in a facility" (needed rhubarb, wheat, and sugarcane, no more than 5 or 10 of each).

Second quest was "Produce 10x Hotdogs in a facility". 3x wheat, 10x tomatoes. But the kicker here was that ketchup was needed. First, who puts ketchup on hotdogs? Second, ketchup comes from a Food Preserves factory, which is a Farm Cash factory.

Edit: the quests are random finished products so it could be literally one of a hundred or more things, random for each player each day.

justmecookin
Jan 29 2012, 03:05 AM
I planted 10 of each long term crop...also trees to have ready...am loving the quest

justmecookin
Jan 29 2012, 03:06 AM
Just keep in mind that quests are different for different people - my first quest was "Bake 15x rhubarb pies in a facility" (needed rhubarb, wheat, and sugarcane, no more than 5 or 10 of each).

Second quest was "Produce 10x Hotdogs in a facility". 3x wheat, 10x tomatoes. But the kicker here was that ketchup was needed. First, who puts ketchup on hotdogs? Second, ketchup comes from a Food Preserves factory, which is a Farm Cash factory.

I put ketchup on my Hotdogs along with mustard onions and chili then topped with slaw...lol..lol.

Farmer Homer
Jan 29 2012, 03:30 AM
I finished my "quest farm" today. I have 9 of each tree used in factories (I hope I got them all), 16 of each flower used, cows, goats, sheep, llama, geese, turkeys, horses, chickens and rabbits. I have a lake with boat, river, small and large seacoast. I have a patch work farm with 8 plots each but looks like I need to increase to 10 on some of them.

I'm loving the quests. I'm on my third, none of them has completed as yet, all have been pretty involved with several steps which makes it more of a challenge.

(I also put ketchup on my hotdogs. :) )

Papi
Jan 29 2012, 05:47 AM
Devs - might this be an opportunity for a player option? "Only give me quests from my current facilities" which would return less reward per completed quest vs. "Give me quests that might include new (to me) facilities" with a greater reward for completion.

This has cost me some sleep, but I think I have a better idea.

When the user unlocks a quest, the screen now just says "Generate quest" or something to that effect.

What if there were options on that screen?

I can think of three possible options: low risk, low completion reward; medium risk, medium reward; high risk, high reward. The reward for the quest is locked in at quest generation.

"Low risk" means the quest will require only resources the user already owns.

"Medium risk" may require any resource available for purchase with coin.

"High risk" may include any resource, owned or unowned, coin or cash.

Please post opinions, criticism, etc.

Farmgirl_Su
Jan 29 2012, 06:20 AM
here in the Uk its normal if not compulsory to add ketchup to hotdogs..lol

HelenJS22
Jan 29 2012, 06:28 AM
This has cost me some sleep, but I think I have a better idea.

When the user unlocks a quest, the screen now just says "Generate quest" or something to that effect.

What if there were options on that screen?

I can think of three possible options: low risk, low completion reward; medium risk, medium reward; high risk, high reward. The reward for the quest is locked in at quest generation.

"Low risk" means the quest will require only resources the user already owns.

"Medium risk" may require any resource available for purchase with coin.

"High risk" may include any resource, owned or unowned, coin or cash.

Please post opinions, criticism, etc.

I've done four quests so far, and if I remember correctly each one of them has involved a farmcash facility one way or another.

My thinking is that on the 'redeem prize' screen there is a message saying that in the future 'the mayor might reward us with farm cash or ingredients ...
Perhaps the possible reward of farm cash is a reason for making the quests involve farm cash facilities.

I'm not sure what their thinking is, but I know it is disappointing for some who won't buy any farm cash items and it seems that they can't do any quests so far.

Maybe your idea would work, but I'm sure it's taken a heck of a lot of programming so far just to give us the quests that we have, so you may be asking for a very big task to add categories within the quests.

HelenJS22
Jan 29 2012, 06:35 AM
here in the Uk its normal if not compulsory to add ketchup to hotdogs..lol

... and in Australia it's also compulsory to use 'Tomato Sauce' on our hot dogs. Our main problem is the the American version is getting a look in and now they are starting to call it ketchup :eek: :( :mad:

justmecookin
Jan 29 2012, 06:55 AM
I finished my "quest farm" today. I have 9 of each tree used in factories (I hope I got them all), 16 of each flower used, cows, goats, sheep, llama, geese, turkeys, horses, chickens and rabbits. I have a lake with boat, river, small and large seacoast. I have a patch work farm with 8 plots each but looks like I need to increase to 10 on some of them.

I'm loving the quests. I'm on my third, none of them has completed as yet, all have been pretty involved with several steps which makes it more of a challenge.

(I also put ketchup on my hotdogs. :) )

Glad I read this...forgot about the flowers...Also increase crops to 10...doing one that required 10 wheat

dixiegirl
Jan 29 2012, 07:54 AM
Thanks Tony for putting all the discussions together. I am going to love the quest, just as soon as I get one I can complete. I am giving up and buying the facilities I need that are coin... No FC at this time.:o :D

But.... I like ketchup and mustard on my dogs!!!:D

yourdanielle
Jan 29 2012, 09:31 AM
Personally I am finding quests to be a clever way to get us to spend FarmCash. If quests are "personalized", then why not let us use the facilities we already have? My first quest involved the dairy facility, easy enough, done. My second quest was to harvest green grapes and make champagne, fine. The third requires me to order from the semi, which is a FC item that I do not have. So oh well. Goodbye most quests!

dixiegirl
Jan 29 2012, 11:43 AM
For those wondering or those that have not experienced it yet, this is what I have found if you can not do a quest.
You will still be able to do others as the time comes. At first I could not, but that appears to have been a glitch, as I can now.

I broke down and bought the facility to do my first quest... I know I know ... I wasn't going to, but it was just taunting me. I lost money on that one with the cost of the facility but I did it.

The second one requires 2 FC facilities that I do not have, so I can't do it. I harvested the tree as required so I could be shown as having started it. That is all I did, when the time was up to get another quest I got that, and am now waiting on crops for it. I also have another one that just became available.

The key here seems to be to "start" the quest in some way, a crop, trees etc. Then just let it expire. It did make me "start" it, in order to get the next one.

But if you can not do a quest it does not keep you from getting the next one, I don't know what happens if you get several in a row that you can not do. Stay tuned for that one!!

swd
Jan 29 2012, 11:50 AM
Love the quests, especially the ones with many steps. My only suggestion is that the quests should allow you to accept gifts of those products made in facilities that cost FC that you don't have.
Or not produce a quest that uses that facility.

ebrillblaiddes
Jan 29 2012, 12:43 PM
My only suggestion is that the quests should allow you to accept gifts of those products made in facilities that cost FC that you don't have. AGREE!!! If the goal of a quest is to make something, I can see why getting the ingredients would be steps in a quest, but ANY way of getting ingredients should be valid.

jcassemjr
Jan 29 2012, 12:52 PM
I don't think that it is fair for those of us that financially support this game by buying Farm Cash so that we have all of the facilities and are able to complete the quests that the quest be changed so that those that don't spend money on the game have a work around. It is nice that those that help pay for the developers and the bills that make this game possible have a real advantage over those that don't.

twtywill
Jan 29 2012, 01:31 PM
The one suggestion I have is have the ability to "DENY" a quest because I may not have a facility needed to complete it. Then after I deny that quest have a secondary quest available to do. But have only 1 optional quest per day. That way people aren't "CHERRY PICKING" what quests they want to do.

Miamine
Jan 29 2012, 02:30 PM
Ah... so each person has a different quest....

I'm thinking.. I can't use me boat to catch fish for quests, and also I can't use the fish that I get from others farms...

Yep... I been fishing for every Tom, Dick and Harry in the Market place... but I still can't get the fish that the stupid quest thing wants (nods head.... yep, this is a push to get us to spend more farm cash) :(

Maybe I should sell me boat on ebay and get the big sea coast instead

Mr. H
Jan 29 2012, 02:42 PM
I don't think that it is fair for those of us that financially support this game by buying Farm Cash so that we have all of the facilities and are able to complete the quests that the quest be changed so that those that don't spend money on the game have a work around. It is nice that those that help pay for the developers and the bills that make this game possible have a real advantage over those that don't.

I've spent a ton on the game. I own all the tools and dozens of FC facilities. I've gifted tools and facilities to less fortunate friends. And, I've done it all without having side accounts to earn FC.

But, I don't agree. This is a game that needs more players and I don't see the point of having quests that everyone can't do. I worry that it will only further alienate players that can't, or chose not to, spend real money on the game.

I feel I already have a huge advantage with all the tools and all the facilities I own and, for the good of the game, I don't want any advantage for the quests. The rewards, so far, are not that big...make them easily accessible by all.

jcassemjr
Jan 29 2012, 03:10 PM
I've spent a ton on the game. I own all the tools and dozens of FC facilities. I've gifted tools and facilities to less fortunate friends. And, I've done it all without having side accounts to earn FC.

But, I don't agree. This is a game that needs more players and I don't see the point of having quests that everyone can't do. I worry that it will only further alienate players that can't, or chose not to, spend real money on the game.

I feel I already have a huge advantage with all the tools and all the facilities I own and, for the good of the game, I don't want any advantage for the quests. The rewards, so far, are not that big...make them easily accessible by all.

If the Developed don't make it an advantage to own the FC items, there by encouraging players to buy Farm Cash, how are they going to pay the expenses? All over the forum there are posters that want Farm Cash without spending real money. There is no way to pay the bills if you are giving away the source of income.

We do need more players, players that help play for the game. Not players that want something for nothing. If I choose to not spend money, and therefore cannot participate in an aspect of the game, I made the choice. The players need to be motivated to buy Farm Cash thereby supporting the game. I know that I was strongly motivated by getting run over while working from the Market by the players with the tools. So I began spending USD's for Farm Cash. Giving them an option or alternative isn't going to motivate the players to support the game.

ebrillblaiddes
Jan 29 2012, 03:45 PM
I don't think that it is fair for those of us that financially support this game by buying Farm Cash so that we have all of the facilities and are able to complete the quests that the quest be changed so that those that don't spend money on the game have a work around. It is nice that those that help pay for the developers and the bills that make this game possible have a real advantage over those that don't. I see what you mean, but being able to do things yourself rather than rely on neighbors to help you out is still an advantage, and not everything can be sent as a gift anyway. I understand that the point of a quest is a challenge and not everyone is going to be able to do everything, but the more often every player can at least hope to be successful, the more interested people will be in the quests, therefore the more good they will do for keeping people involved in the game.

To me, it makes the most sense for there to be a mix of quests where FC-purchased stuff is a necessity, quests where FC-purchased stuff gives an advantage (e.g. being able to get things yourself instead of relying on gifts), and quests where FC is no special advantage. I can also see how different levels of rewards for these types of quests would make sense. It's important to strike a balance between giving some players a legitimately earned advantage and keeping any major part of the game from being, in effect, labeled For Paying Players Only. FC items are supposed to be an enhancement, not a necessity.

totalyclipse
Jan 29 2012, 03:54 PM
no the quests are different for each player speaking with my friend on skype she did her first quest same time and same day as i did when we first started , hers is different than mine...

HelenJS22
Jan 29 2012, 04:04 PM
Feedback for all those who, like me, have made 'quest farms' with everything possible at the ready, all set to go on the next quest.

Little Miss Smartie Pants :o being the ever prepared ex girl guide that she is, eagerly opened her quest this morning to find that she had to 'make orange pigment' ... two steps only.

Runs to quest farm, harvests a few carrot, heads off to ink and pigment factory and, having made sure there was a little space in each and every factory, sets orange pigment into the making ... waits only one hour ... quest finished :(

Now I feel a little deflated :o Oh well, I stuffed it up the other day and had to wait for 8 hours for a crop to finish growing, then felt deflated too.

Now: What needs doing to make sure that I am completely ready for my next quest tomorrow ??? :D :D :D

Note to self: Quite possibly the farmtown fairies know that I have a workload a mile high today in the real world, and gave me an itty bitty quest so that I would be satisfied and GO AND GET MY WORK DONE!! :rolleyes:

HelenJS22
Jan 29 2012, 04:08 PM
Another point that should be made regarding this morning's short and sharp quest ....... IT DID NOT REQUIRE A FARM CASH FACILITY IN ANYWAY.

The only requirement for this quest was harvesting carrot and then making orange pigment in the Ink and Pigment factory which can be bought for 900,000 farmCOIN :)

Farmgirl_Su
Jan 29 2012, 04:20 PM
I for one hope they never change the quests to allow neighbours to help,or gifts to be used. I like the idea we have to actually work and struggle to do them.

Who wants it to be too easy.if i come up against a quest that requires a facility i don't have..well I'll either buy it or pass up on that quest.. There is nothing compulsory about the game. Please devs don't make it too easy just because some want ABC rules.. keep it a challenge which is what a quest should be!!

cabonario
Jan 29 2012, 04:23 PM
So far, so good, I am working on my third and fourth quests with no problems. I have one request, please, please, please, do NOT make any of them dependent on harvesting crops from other peoples farms. I don't think many of us want to be begging in the market to harvest a certain crop in order to finish a quest. The thing I like the most is that fact we can do it all ourselves and not have to beg others for anything to finish them, unlike some other farm game.

HelenJS22
Jan 29 2012, 05:41 PM
So far, so good, I am working on my third and fourth quests with no problems. I have one request, please, please, please, do NOT make any of them dependent on harvesting crops from other peoples farms. I don't think many of us want to be begging in the market to harvest a certain crop in order to finish a quest. The thing I like the most is that fact we can do it all ourselves and not have to beg others for anything to finish them, unlike some other farm game.

I'm also not sure about extending the quest to working on other people's farms, though it would present further challenge.

Many of my neighbour farmers have quit the game, or play irregularly, and the four or five dedicated ones left are all in different countries. We kind of see each other in passing now, and we chat a lot, but that is done these days while we work on our own farms more than on each others.

I also would hate to have to go to the market and beg for certain crops. I don't have a lot of spare time, and that is spent caring for all 13 farms. It is amazing how many hours that can take if you want to keep it all going and right up to date.

I have always gone to the market with a 'I will do absolutely anything asked' attitude, and I'd never change that. However, I can't afford the time to spend all night in the market hoping for a few squares of a certain crop which may or may not happen.

I like the fact that we have to rely on our resources for quests, although we have to be on the ball. The current version also allows us to do them only in our own time.

HelenJS22
Jan 29 2012, 05:51 PM
Thinking further about the possibility of having to go to the market to hire someone to harvest for you, it would be an absolutely certainty that some one would go to your farm, harvest only the few crops that they require for a quest, then leave you with the rest un harvested.

On the other hand, if you had a mixed farm, as many of us do now, there would be no guarantee with a market hiree that they would only harvest the crop you asked them to do.

I know that the requirement would be set up in good faith by the devs, but there are plenty of people in the market who are totally unscrupulous, but you normally can't pick them until it is too late.

Indigo Rose
Jan 29 2012, 06:14 PM
2 quests opened up to start - 2 quests will not be finished - do not have the facilities to get items or make finished product.

I do not have all FC facilities.

ImajeanB
Jan 29 2012, 06:14 PM
No. They are different for everyone

The crops I already had planted did not count when I harvested.

sharimom
Jan 29 2012, 07:18 PM
[QUOTE=Farmer Homer;5028538]I finished my "quest farm" today. I have 9 of each tree used in factories (I hope I got them all), 16 of each flower used, cows, goats, sheep, llama, geese, turkeys, horses, chickens and rabbits. I have a lake with boat, river, small and large seacoast. I have a patch work farm with 8 plots each but looks like I need to increase to 10 on some of them.

I get the trees and planting crops and flowers, but to put cows, goats, sheep, llama, geese, turkeys, horses, chickens and rabbits on the farm, don't you have to have the sheds etc to get the items (wool, feathers, hair etc)??

Also, how are people viewing more than 1 quest at a time? I had my first quest - everything still said locked underneath. Finished the quest, still locked up, and it says can't start another one for 19 hours. What am I doing wrong?

HelenJS22
Jan 29 2012, 07:24 PM
[QUOTE=Farmer Homer;5028538]I finished my "quest farm" today. I have 9 of each tree used in factories (I hope I got them all), 16 of each flower used, cows, goats, sheep, llama, geese, turkeys, horses, chickens and rabbits. I have a lake with boat, river, small and large seacoast. I have a patch work farm with 8 plots each but looks like I need to increase to 10 on some of them.

I get the trees and planting crops and flowers, but to put cows, goats, sheep, llama, geese, turkeys, horses, chickens and rabbits on the farm, don't you have to have the sheds etc to get the items (wool, feathers, hair etc)??

Also, how are people viewing more than 1 quest at a time? I had my first quest - everything still said locked underneath. Finished the quest, still locked up, and it says can't start another one for 19 hours. What am I doing wrong?

No matter how early you finish a quest, the next one still stays locked until 20 hours (I think) is up. We can only have one quest per day, though if a quest takes us longer than one day, the next one will open so that we can work on two at the same time.

Yep, to have extra animals harvest ready on any farm, you do need to have the animal sheds on that same farm, but these are mostly for farm cash (except stables I think) and you don't need to fill them completely with all 100 of each animal. I'm pretty sure no quest would require the product of 100 of any animal.

Then it's just a case of making sure that you don't harvest those sheds right before your quest is due to open :(

Grumpa
Jan 29 2012, 09:18 PM
Just like the rest of the Farm Town game the quests have a learning curve.

The player starts playing Farm Town given the basic tools and they must decide if they want to upgrade them or not. There is the coin only or the FC tools and Facilities.

Each player must decide what they want to do and what they can afford to do. Nothing should just be given to someone because they want it, either tools or facilities.

I would love more FC tools and facilities, but I can't afford them so I play the game with what I have.

The quests are just another part of the game where you use what you have to play the game with, and not play the parts of the game that you don't have the tools or facilities.

It is a great game that the developers have worked hard to make it so everyone has the same chance to purchase what is needed (if they can) and play for the enjoyment of the playing, not having to compete against anyone else.

Just my opinion. :)

Tony D
Jan 29 2012, 09:32 PM
Hi everyone ...:)

Just a friendly reminder, this thread is for feedback, not help.

If you need help with a question about the Quests please post in this thread .. http://slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468066

Thanks

HelenJS22
Jan 29 2012, 10:47 PM
The crops I already had planted did not count when I harvested.

Strange ... They should have I think. Every time I have had to 'harvest' a crop, I have been able to do a previously planted one with no problem. The quest accepted it.

The quest in every case I've seen so far says 'harvest ...' not 'plant and harvest', so maybe try it again when you get another quest.

Just a thought, did you harvest enough of the crop for the requirements of the quest. I've not had quest instruction tell me yet how many of any crop to harvest, but if you go into the facility that uses that crop for the required product, it tells you how much is needed to do one batch ..... Phew, I hope that makes sense.

It may not help, but it's the only reason I could think of that would make the quest not register the harvest.

Farmer Homer
Jan 29 2012, 10:56 PM

I have a chicken coop, dairy barn, wool shed, rabbit hutch and stable. They can all be bought with coins except the stable, I had accidentally bought one of each when they first came out not knowing they did the same thing, I moved the extra to the quest farm. The chicken coop and dairy shed I "harvest" after I see what I need for the quest because they are ready again before the next quest is due, this adds to my storage for my facilities. The others I only use for quests because they take longer to get ready. The same on the water features, if fish is not needed for the quest, I fish them and they go into my facility storage. They will be restocked before the next quest.

Vivienne57
Jan 30 2012, 12:20 AM
The quests are OK but rather than earn coins I would rather get an exclusive gift that only farmers completing quests would get. I get loads of cash anyway so don't really need it. Would be more fun doing the quests if we got exclusive gifts

bluehair
Jan 30 2012, 03:37 AM
can the devs please make it that you can do more than 1 quest in a day long as you finish the previous quest first?

eg today my quest was to make cedar essential oil which took me less than an hour.

or why not let us run as many quests as our level allows us to have at once.eg mine 5 :)

lewlin
Jan 30 2012, 06:07 AM
I thought I would hate the quests, then I got my first one...pineapple icecream which meant I had to plant pineapples....1.5 day wait for them almost killed me lol Then there was the start all button to contend with rather than the start batch button....280 hours to wait for my icecream lol But luckily sk reset the timers so I was able to complete my quest!! Rest of my quests have been fine, even though one quest had 9 steps!!

I didn't think they were giving us fc coz of how many we did, I read it that every so often we might get 1fc depending on how well/quick we did the quest. If I'm correct in reading it like that then that won't put anyone behind or at a disadvantage through not owning a certain fac.

While it's nice to get coins....it would be even nicer to get a special animal or fac that you can only get thru completing a quest! (and no not an alien cow like that other farm game lol)

I would like to see a counter to count how many quests I'm doing....maybe get a special prize once you've done 15 or something like that.....a belt for the quests!

debbie kay zimmerman
Jan 30 2012, 06:44 AM
I love the new quests...makes the game more challenging. Please keep the quests coming.
Good job. I never play the mini games...not fun

servocrow
Jan 30 2012, 07:08 AM
I just wanted to chime in and say I'm enjoying the quests as well. They are adding a fun, new dimension to the game. The extra coins are GREAT.

Thanks again for a fun game.

Grammy 11
Jan 30 2012, 07:22 AM
Cranky old lady resisted, then finally clicked on Quest - imagine!!!! It was FUN!!!!! I even stopped whining to myself about not enough instructions - learning curve part of the quest!! What a great idea. As for a Quest Farm - I am going to see how I fare without one. I assume all quests can be accomplished even if I have to wait cause I maxed out a facility. I know I won't finish as fast, but so far I have learned to check Quests before I do anything else. Thanks for a reward to longtime players - GREAT!

Mrs Mags
Jan 30 2012, 11:46 AM
I love the Quests...I've found myself looking forward to seeing what new Quest there would be each day...Only thing I would like to see...not sure if it can be coded....would be to make it so your Quests are tailored to which FC facilities you own...or the ability to beg or work for the stuff needed for the Quest....
Thanks Devs...the Quests are a great idea..:)

rmtvbrooks
Jan 30 2012, 12:16 PM
I'm not having any problems with the quests. I can start a new one each day even if the old one isn't finished yet. If I don't finish, I don't get a reward and the quest just expires. So if I choose not to do a particular quest, then I just skip it and wait a day for a new one. No big deal. I like that the quests are optional and are not all over the screen like other games where you can't ignore them. At least here, you have to open the quest menu and accept a quest before one is sent to you. Kudos to the developers for doing it this way. It's a good way to change things up, but you don't have to do it if you don't want to. And you can pick and choose which ones you want to do.

gffarmer
Jan 30 2012, 12:33 PM
I love the quests! They are fun. Great job devs!

Happy pants
Jan 30 2012, 02:08 PM
I'm enjoying the quests as well.... thanks for a fun addition to the game.

artisanrox
Jan 30 2012, 03:51 PM
The awesomest thing about the quests is that I can totally ignore that they're there. :D

(and i don't mean that disrespectfully or facetiously!)

LeeClements
Jan 30 2012, 03:56 PM
The awesomest thing about the quests is that I can totally ignore that they're there. :D

(and i don't mean that disrespectfully or facetiously!)

i worry about the old people FORGETTING that they are there:eek:

dnana
Jan 30 2012, 04:23 PM
Ah... so each person has a different quest....

I'm thinking.. I can't use me boat to catch fish for quests, and also I can't use the fish that I get from others farms...

Yep... I been fishing for every Tom, Dick and Harry in the Market place... but I still can't get the fish that the stupid quest thing wants (nods head.... yep, this is a push to get us to spend more farm cash) :(

Maybe I should sell me boat on ebay and get the big sea coast instead

HI, you can use your boat but it has to be on your water to count for your quest. someone fishing for you does not count, you fishing for someone else does not count. :) (someone probably answered this, but I got to go home now, can't read to the end.) :)

dnana
Jan 30 2012, 04:32 PM
I'm loving teh quests, on my 5th one, all have been successful. I did have a glitch, tho. I had started #3 to make lasagna noodles and had planted my 10 wheat. Next day, my quest is to make linguine noodles and I need 10 more wheat! why didn't I plant 20 yesterday! so, I start #4 and plant 30 more wheat and resign myself to waiting 40 more hours (planted an extra 20 just in case it wants more noodles today!). Today, #3 wheat is done so I harvest those and go to the mill to make flour. Then I go into the manager to see if 5 is ready to open yet, and I see that #4 is on the same step as #3 (making flour). How can this be? I only harvested 10 wheat for #3 and it is enough to cover #4?? well, I took the flour to the pasta factory for both #3 and #4 and about 5pm, both of them were done! :):) got 3.06mill for each one and #4 was done 14.5 hours earlier than it should have been! nice glitch! :)

HelenJS22
Jan 30 2012, 04:34 PM
Cranky old lady resisted, then finally clicked on Quest - imagine!!!! It was FUN!!!!! I even stopped whining to myself about not enough instructions - learning curve part of the quest!! What a great idea. As for a Quest Farm - I am going to see how I fare without one. I assume all quests can be accomplished even if I have to wait cause I maxed out a facility. I know I won't finish as fast, but so far I have learned to check Quests before I do anything else. Thanks for a reward to longtime players - GREAT!

I love this :D I too have learned very quickly to check out the quest before doing ANYTHING !!!! So many of us had major doubts about the coming of 'quests' ... You're right IT'S FUN !!

We should have trusted our great Farm Town team shouldn't we.

melizabeth5
Jan 30 2012, 05:50 PM
I had doubts in the beginning, after doing the first one...I was hooked! This may not be the right way to go, but I have Farms 12 and 13 designated as my Quest farms. I plant crops when it is needed and have enough of all trees on these two farms, which will be harvested only when needed. I work the quests before doing the usual activities. I am working on the 5th quest with 2 hrs left to finish. It will be 14 hours before the next quest, which gives time to take care of other farm business. When I get a quest needing a facility I don't have, I will use the farm cash from this last level up to buy it or...yay if it is a coin item! As a last resort, I will buy the farm cash for a game I love and enjoy so much!!!

secretsybs
Jan 31 2012, 02:27 AM
I have started the quests,i will not be able to complete one as not got the oil refinery,this is not fair to anyone that has the same problem

Please can someone help:(

Grumpa
Jan 31 2012, 02:30 AM
I have started the quests,i will not be able to complete one as not got the oil refinery,this is not fair to anyone that has the same problem

What is not fair.

You just have to buy the Oil refinery.

secretsybs
Jan 31 2012, 02:52 AM
Some of us don't have the fc to do that,,,nice to see support from others NOT

Taz D
Jan 31 2012, 02:59 AM

The only thing you can do with that one currently is to let it expire if you can't buy the oil refinery. Many do not have all the facilities and that is the only thing that you can do for now. According to Raul in the future you will be able work others facilities and farms to get items, but that is not the way it is currently.

secretsybs
Jan 31 2012, 03:08 AM
The only thing you can do with that one currently is to let it expire if you can't buy the oil refinery. Many do not have all the facilities and that is the only thing that you can do for now. According to Raul in the future you will be able work others facilities and farms to get items, but that is not the way it is currently.

Thank you at least you were more help and supportive

HelenJS22
Jan 31 2012, 03:55 AM
Was wondering if there was a way to keep up with how may quest we complete?

Good thinking ... please devs is this possible? I think I've done 6 now, but had trouble trying to remember them all. Just for my own interest, but I've written them down now and would love to have some sort of a record of the number we've done down the track.

blue nile
Jan 31 2012, 04:17 AM
Hi! I am also enjoying the quests although i am forced to turn on the computer to see my new quest in the morning now during the chaos of getting 3 kids out to school!!! Anyway at the weekend i made a "quest farm" like others have done after being a bit reluctant to do so at first but it is working out really well and i enjoy "managing" it and it looks pretty too!! I am on my 6th quest now and this morning started one with 13 steps but should finish it by the morning! Luckily i have had all the facilities needed so far! The way it's going at the moment i am glad we have to wait 20hrs to unlock a new one otherwise it might be too much and i am already spending too much time lol !!

artisanrox
Jan 31 2012, 05:00 AM
i worry about the old people FORGETTING that they are there:eek:

Keeipng it subtle is more important than having gigantic neon flashing signs that quests have to be done. I find them extremely annoying, because they're timed and require facilities you don't have, especially purchasing FarmCash facilties (seriously, who would do that for a quest???)...and one thing I really like about this game is that it's relatively an untimed game, except for crops spoiling. Deciding whether or not you're going to do something because you can't afford it isn't a "challenge", it's simply a decision. It's not 'challenging" to me to do something in the game i already CAN do, it's not "challenging" deciding that I will not ruin the deisgn integrity of my farms for a quest, and it's not a challenge to decide that I'm not paying $20-30 simply to put one facility on my farm for two days just to net myself fake currency.

For now, I refuse to have quest farms or put quest facilities on my farms, as I like my farms "designed" and not purely utilitarian. Though maybe with the addition of farms 14 and 15 (as I see there is room for them now) I'll have maybe ONE.

BUT

after all, it's all good so far, because the quest option isn't required, it doesn't ruin the game interface AT ALL, and the few quests you can do seem to really be worth it (I had to produce all steps of making hot chocolate in the coffee shop and got $4mill coins. Not bad.) soooooooo we'll see where this goes. :)

artisanrox
Jan 31 2012, 06:05 AM
What is not fair.

You just have to buy the Oil refinery.

That's not the point. The point is it's tragically silly to spend Farmcash or real money to do a virtual to-do list for fake currency.

It really stinks for now, but once we're able to work others' farms or facilities, it'll be much better, and I'll wait for that. :)

jcassemjr
Jan 31 2012, 07:03 AM
That's not the point. The point is it's tragically silly to spend Farmcash or real money to do a virtual to-do list for fake currency.

It really stinks for now, but once we're able to work others' farms or facilities, it'll be much better, and I'll wait for that. :)

First, you should look up tragic.

Second is it really silly to financially support a game you enjoy? People will spend $10USD to go see a movie that lasts 1 1/2 to 2 hours, with no lasting benefit. People will spend $3.50USD to rent a video, again with no lasting benefit. I have to disagree with you that it is silly to support a game that brings many players enjoyment. With out the financial support, the game would not exist.

ImajeanB
Jan 31 2012, 07:08 AM
I really don't understand why some are making a big deal out of these quests. You can still play the game as always and enjoy it even without all the facs and tools. I am fortunate to have them and really enjoy doing the quests. Not for the coins I get but for something different to do. I am on my 5th and will complete it today. Looking forward to the next challenge! Thank you devs!!!!!!!!

Suz60930
Jan 31 2012, 09:49 AM
I have done a couple quests and was well rewarded. But I don't think it's fair to have some of the quests involve Farm Cash facilities. A lot of players just don't have the money to spend. If we were getting more Farm Cash for leveling up, I could see it. But not on the stipend of $1 per level. At least make it possible to pass on a quest and get a different one. For now I think I'll pass on the whole quest thing.

StoneFace
Jan 31 2012, 09:57 AM
I have done a couple quests and was well rewarded. But I don't think it's fair to have some of the quests involve Farm Cash facilities. A lot of players just don't have the money to spend. If we were getting more Farm Cash for leveling up, I could see it. But not on the stipend of $1 per level. At least make it possible to pass on a quest and get a different one. For now I think I'll pass on the whole quest thing.

maybe the enhancement which the devs alluded to (being able to work with neighbors on a Quest) will come sooner than later.

patience

StoneFace
Jan 31 2012, 09:59 AM
Good thinking ... please devs is this possible? I think I've done 6 now, but had trouble trying to remember them all. Just for my own interest, but I've written them down now and would love to have some sort of a record of the number we've done down the track.

I know I have done the max Quests, because I start the new one within an hour or so of when it is released..... scroll over the next "Lock" to see when the next Quest will open

I guess I have made 60mill or more... but it would be nice to have a record... being the anal farmer that I am..

:eek:

pamandpat
Jan 31 2012, 10:08 AM
i like the quest, but i hope in the future when you complete a quest instead of coins the prize could be an item like a super cool house or any decoration that you can't buy in the store.;)

Grammy 11
Jan 31 2012, 10:23 AM

Quests are extra fun, not mandatory. Lots of people who've been playing since there was 1 farm and have all facilities have been concerned that there is a lot of pressure on them to spend $$ and that there doesn't seem to be much reward for high level players. Levels and FC rewards only come at Devs' decision, regardless of how much time is put into the game. So, Quests can be seen as something to amuse high level players, and reward us for hanging around. I don't think fairness applies here - after all, when one starts playing there are lots of items out of reach until certain levels are reached. It's just part of the game.

gffarmer
Jan 31 2012, 10:42 AM

Second is it really silly to financially support a game you enjoy? People will spend $10USD to go see a movie that lasts 1 1/2 to 2 hours, with no lasting benefit. People will spend $3.50USD to rent a video, again with no lasting benefit. I have to disagree with you that it is silly to support a game that brings many players enjoyment. With out the financial support, the game would not exist.

I SO agree with you!!! Good points!

cottom
Jan 31 2012, 11:31 AM
NO INTERESTED in "Quests" I am farming, and I want to continue farming but all the "distractions" thrown at me is taking the fun out...

StoneFace
Jan 31 2012, 11:39 AM
i like the quest, but i hope in the future when you complete a quest instead of coins the prize could be an item like a super cool house or any decoration that you can't buy in the store.;)

Great Idea.....

maybe they will also award a "smaller" version in a limited quantity, like 2 or 3 to be given to "favorite" neighbors.

:eek:

Grumpa
Jan 31 2012, 03:36 PM
Some of us don't have the fc to do that,,,nice to see support from others NOT

Being on a fixed income I also do not have the FC to purchase many of the items that need it.

But I still don't see what is not fair and what is not supportive of others.

I go to the store and pick up my medication that I must have, then I wonder around and see what I would like to have.

I then try to save up for it. No one there supports me by purchasing what I wish I had.

Is this not fair, I THINK NOT.

Just play the game with what you can afford to get. It is not like the developers don't give us a lot that we can use.

priscillar
Jan 31 2012, 04:13 PM
So you have to buy a facility if you don't have it to complete a quest.....then of course there are other things to be made in that facility which require more facilities...I don't know if I like this or not

gffarmer
Jan 31 2012, 04:20 PM
Being on a fixed income I also do not have the FC to purchase many of the items that need it.

But I still don't see what is not fair and what is not supportive of others.

I go to the store and pick up my medication that I must have, then I wonder around and see what I would like to have.

I then try to save up for it. No one there supports me by purchasing what I wish I had.

Is this not fair, I THINK NOT.

Just play the game with what you can afford to get. It is not like the developers don't give us a lot that we can use.

Very true statements!! The developers are doing a great job!!

HelenJS22
Jan 31 2012, 04:51 PM
I really don't understand why some are making a big deal out of these quests. You can still play the game as always and enjoy it even without all the facs and tools. I am fortunate to have them and really enjoy doing the quests. Not for the coins I get but for something different to do. I am on my 5th and will complete it today. Looking forward to the next challenge! Thank you devs!!!!!!!!

Well said .... I find myself thoroughly enjoying checking in to see what today's quest is before doing my usual essential farming chores.

I don't think I even noticed exactly how many coins I won last time. I just enjoy the challenge of something different and being able to work the quest through.

Mind you, I will definitely notice if, as promised for down the track a little, I am rewarded with some farm cash :D

cottom
Jan 31 2012, 04:53 PM
I would much desire that as much reality to actually farming be maintained. I actually use FT to show my granddaughter (age 4) about planning and responsibility.

HelenJS22
Jan 31 2012, 04:58 PM

More good thinking ... It would be VERY COOL if an occasional reward for quests was something different, be it building, decoration, vehicle etc. that is not available as either a gift or a store purchase.

I realise that this would probably cause more complaints from the 'it's not fair' brigade, but so be it. For those people willing to participate to the level required as out 'entertainment' budget, then we should be able to earn/win some extra benefit from it.

I would rather have this angle of quests, than the possibility of having to run and beg/borrow/steal :D from neighbours or the market to complete a quest.

PS: .../.../steal :D said in jest. I'm 100% sure that our devs will never bring in a 'steal' element into our beloved game.

HelenJS22
Jan 31 2012, 05:04 PM
So you have to buy a facility if you don't have it to complete a quest.....then of course there are other things to be made in that facility which require more facilities...I don't know if I like this or not

... and one of the brilliant elements of this is that ... you don't have to participate in the quests at all!! They are not compulsory, they do not spoil any other element of the game if we don't do them, and they are not up front and in our face on our game screen.

I personally think that our devs have done a wonderful job of listening to us and our doubts about quests before bringing them in. They have done so, but in such an unobtrusive way that there are many of us having a ball with them, and having done 6 or maybe 7 now, I have seen very little in the way of problem or glitches.

MargefromTN
Jan 31 2012, 10:06 PM
Quests are extra fun, not mandatory. Lots of people who've been playing since there was 1 farm and have all facilities have been concerned that there is a lot of pressure on them to spend $$ and that there doesn't seem to be much reward for high level players. ... So, Quests can be seen as something to amuse high level players, and reward us for hanging around. I don't think fairness applies here - after all, when one starts playing there are lots of items out of reach until certain levels are reached. It's just part of the game.

applause.

I just don't like having to wait 20 hours when I've finished all the open quests! Wish there was a way to start a new one if all are finished.

HelenJS22
Jan 31 2012, 10:12 PM
applause.

I just don't like having to wait 20 hours when I've finished all the open quests! Wish there was a way to start a new one if all are finished.

Neither do I, but the little voice in side my head knows that if I could just start another one, I would never leave my computer :eek:

Indigo Rose
Feb 01 2012, 02:21 AM
At 1st I thought my 1st 2 quests were no goers because of not having every facility. On 2nd look my 2nd one was able to be done, done quickly and finished. 3rd one done even quicker, 4th and 5th one in the process, waiting for crops to grow.
So 4 out of 5 not bad..Like having to rely on myself to achieve these and not needing other peoples help. Would hate to have to rely on others input.

Decided to buy farm 13 to keep it available for crops needed for quests. All other stuff like trees ect, I make sure I do not harvest everything totally so if needed in the mornings when starting a new quest they are available.

Vivienne57
Feb 01 2012, 02:49 AM
I like the quests but I would prefer to get exclusive FT gifts that only players completing quests can get rather than get coins or FC. It would make the quests more exciting wondering what you would get when the quest was completed :)

LoreneC
Feb 01 2012, 06:18 AM
I like the idea of exclusive decorating items or buildings for completing quests. Since that is a lot of artwork the devs could just mix some in.

I did have some crops pre-planted but have decided against this strategy for now. For me, it made them too easy to complete and didn't take long. I am looking forward to having 2-3 quests going at the same time.:)

Grumpa
Feb 01 2012, 08:30 AM
applause.

Just think of part of the Quest being that darn 20 hour time wait. :eek:

Got to find a windmill to fight till the time runs out. ;)

welshie169
Feb 01 2012, 08:47 AM
5/5 quests completed, didnt think I was going to be able to do my 4th as I didnt have a chocolate factory, but thanks to a friend gifting it to me I was able to do this quest.. :)

Mr. H
Feb 01 2012, 08:48 AM
I like the quests but I would prefer to get exclusive FT gifts that only players completing quests can get rather than get coins or FC. It would make the quests more exciting wondering what you would get when the quest was completed :)

Great idea! Although I like the idea of FC....one FC doesn't do a lot for me.

Grami Mary
Feb 01 2012, 09:03 AM
todays quest has only 2 STEPS! MAKE CEDAR OIL!!!
I HAVE 4 DAYS TO COMPLETE THE TASK ?????!!!!
and 20 hours until i can open the next one???
SIGH~~~ it takes one hour : (

i am grumpy
yesterdays quest had only 3 steps -- pump oil and make plasticizer!!?? RIGHT -- like i don't do that every day?? production steps overlapped and it was done in a few hours -- of course it wasn't worth much, why should it be it certainly took less time and effort than sending this message
the quests get easier every day even tho they are quickly completed i have finished each one --- the whole quest idea is good but needs a lot of work yet before it is really a QUEST!!!
the only QUEST any of my friends have noticed is if they need to buy a new facility . . . and as i have them all already. . . SIGH!!!

alfyclown
Feb 01 2012, 09:36 AM
I'm enjoying the quests and appreciate this new twist to the game. As I complete each quest it just disappears. I would like to revisit my completed quests. Will this be an option in the future? the trophy thing is there to look at. I would like to see my completed quests listed as well. thanks!

Grami Mary
Feb 01 2012, 09:39 AM

I guess i was hoping this was more what we would be having for our quests ??

StoneFace
Feb 01 2012, 10:14 AM
I like the idea of exclusive decorating items or buildings for completing quests. Since that is a lot of artwork the devs could just mix some in.

I did have some crops pre-planted but have decided against this strategy for now. For me, it made them too easy to complete and didn't take long. I am looking forward to having 2-3 quests going at the same time.:)

My guess is that the devs will comply,if possible, with the idea of Limited Edition items, and items restricted just to Questers.

Maybe someone will start a tread just for...... JUST FOR.... suggestions on what these items/rewards might be.

But if I could open a quest immediately after finishing one, without waiting for the 20hr time lapse.... I might end up off the farm, and se-quest-ered.

mpwhitford
Feb 01 2012, 10:19 AM
My complaint about the quests are that they do not become unlocked fast enough. I've completed all the quests available and the next one will not open for another 3.6 hours. I am sure that it said upper levels could do as many as 5 quests at a time but thus far I've only seen 2 open at the same time.

wondering if there is a way the quests can unlock quicker? I mean what is the point in having them locked? If you complete one and move to the next and complete it then you have to wait for some time to do another one. otherwise the quests are ok so far.

LoreneC
Feb 01 2012, 11:06 AM
But if I could open a quest immediately after finishing one, without waiting for the 20hr time lapse.... I might end up off the farm, and se-quest-ered.

Exactly. That is why I am not pre-planting. I may get a couple going at once taking into consideration the 20 hour time lapse between quests.

Jean's Farm
Feb 01 2012, 11:13 AM
applause.

I think you can open a new quest every 17 hours or so. You have to be at a high level tho to have more than one quest going at a time. I'm level 310 and have 3 going right now...will have four as soon as my wait time is up. I think we can have up to five if you are a higher level. :)

Grami Mary
Feb 01 2012, 11:31 AM
you can start a new 'quest' only every 20 hours (ft has 20 hour days) my levels are maxed out and i get one quest every 20 hours which i usually finish in a couple of hours : ( i think they have a lot of work to do

you can only have 3 going at once if you manage not to finish one every day -- in theory i could have 5 open at once but i can't make mine last that long!!! today's "quest" took one whole hour to complete :mad:
and they are taking production out of place to complete tasks faster tho the directions clearly state you must finish the first task before starting the next -- they don't mean it yet

Grami Mary
Feb 01 2012, 11:37 AM

I think that is a great idea too and i am looking forward to 'quests' that require a little effort on our part ;)

pamandpat
Feb 01 2012, 11:38 AM

awesome that was my idea exactly.... !!!! :D

Grami Mary
Feb 01 2012, 12:13 PM
"I like the idea of exclusive decorating items or buildings for completing quests."
i totally agree, much better than coins or ftcash -- but first i would like a challenging quest
i am pretty sure they have my quests stuck on 'idiot' setting : (

Saylorgirl
Feb 01 2012, 12:24 PM
I also am loving the quests! But, I was very surprised this morning when I opened my quest it was the same one I had done two days ago. It paid out 15,000,000 so I am not complaining just surprised that I would have a repeat so fast.

smilie224
Feb 01 2012, 12:27 PM
I have found this to be an interesting, goal-oriented addition to the game. I don't play other FB games outside of FT, so I do not have a pre-determined perception on how "quests" work in other games. However, I have found this to be interesting and I think it's great that we have the choice to pursue it or not.
I have only done one quest so far, but it was a tremendous amount of coin for such a simple procedure. Great addition overall. I like how it gives the opportunity for new goals. Since I have been playing since 2009, sometimes my only main goal is to fill every facility I have to capacity - which is challenging! But this allows for a more easily attainable yet a several step process to meet a unique challenge. Nice dynamic!

Grami Mary
Feb 01 2012, 01:33 PM
I have found this to be an interesting, goal-oriented addition to the game. I don't play other FB games outside of FT, so I do not have a pre-determined perception on how "quests" work in other games. However, I have found this to be interesting and I think it's great that we have the choice to pursue it or not.
I have only done one quest so far, but it was a tremendous amount of coin for such a simple procedure. Great addition overall. I like how it gives the opportunity for new goals. Since I have been playing since 2009, sometimes my only main goal is to fill every facility I have to capacity - which is challenging! But this allows for a more easily attainable yet a several step process to meet a unique challenge. Nice dynamic!

I also do not play any other fb games tho i have in the past,[and tho i do not know about other 'game' quests i do know the definition of quest = The act of seeking or pursuing something; a search. An expedition undertaken in medieval romance by a knight in order to perform a prescribed feat]
I too try to keep all of my facilities full and still post them for friends once or twice a week which as you say is a challenge ~~ HOWEVER ~~ i have not found this addition to be challenging or rewarding at all (i have completed 4 or 5 i think -- no record or numbering remains/which i think should be changed) of my quests, and tho all were finished in a timely manner, they have been simple and get easier every day and ARE NOT VERY REWARDING even in coins!! most of my friends have had the same problem tho i see in these posts that some people have not only recieved more coin compensation but slightly more difficult quests -- i am not sure what i could do differently as i have finished each "quest" almost immediatly :mad:
i have enjoyed ft as a friendly non-competitive game and i am normally a very laissez-faire farmer . . . but for some reason this has been very disturbing to my peace and joy :(

Jean's Farm
Feb 01 2012, 04:27 PM
you can start a new 'quest' only every 20 hours (ft has 20 hour days) my levels are maxed out and i get one quest every 20 hours which i usually finish in a couple of hours : ( i think they have a lot of work to do

you can only have 3 going at once if you manage not to finish one every day -- in theory i could have 5 open at once but i can't make mine last that long!!! today's "quest" took one whole hour to complete :mad:
and they are taking production out of place to complete tasks faster tho the directions clearly state you must finish the first task before starting the next -- they don't mean it yet

I've noticed with my quests....which have been to make ink and stuff.....I have to harvest beets and soy before I can make red. I also have to make black, blue and yellow ink. I have the stuff so I started red but my sunflowers and blueberries aren't ready for the blue and yellow yet. I think that's what they mean by steps.

You must have a lot of different crops in process if you can finish quests in a couple hours.....I've been planting mine as I need them. I set up small plots on one of my farms just for that.

Grammy 11
Feb 01 2012, 05:51 PM
One plea I make, kind Devs: leave the Quests as they are for a while in that we must do them ourselves without teaming up or asking for assistance. I would hate to see begging coming up on our pages as it does with so many other games. If, after a time, you still decide to add to the dimensions of the Quests, let there be some way to avoid beggars, perhaps by having beggars go to the Pub to ask for help, as we go to the Marketplace to buy and sell. Thanks for listening. Happy farming!

Ms. Pluot
Feb 01 2012, 05:57 PM
I have to confess, when I first saw the "quest" box, my first thought was, "Et tu, Farm Town?" I am getting heartily tired of quests on other apps. One big beg-a-thon, and I always tend to get snagged on some stupid thing that of course, I would have to have no life or buy _____-Cash to complete.

But I have to admit, I like FT quests.

I like that the steps use buildings you can buy with coins, or cash buildings you already have. It does NOT favor those with 300 neighbors (I don't have nearly as many), those who have enough cash to buy all the goodies, those on the highest or lowest levels (in some quests on other apps, those on higher levels can produce more goods, and those on lower levels can level up faster because theirs require fewer crops/items.) or most importantly, those who use cheat apps. I suppose you could use a cheat app, but what would be the point, exactly? That would be ridiculous. You don't have to beg neighbors over and over for items. That is so annoying!

Instructions are pretty simple, and you're given ample time. And also very importantly, these quests don't wind up overwhelming your playing time on the app. On other apps, it seems that's all I wind up doing!

You get on the game, do the steps you can, wait for those you can't. The only caveats ... watch your time, do the steps in order, and don't take on a quest you don't have time to finish. (I found that out the hard way the first time. :) )

Special prizes ... I'm mixed on that. If the quests do repeat, that wouldn't be bad. If for some reason, you have a game issue or real-life situation and you can't finish the quest, you might be able to get the item the second time around.

So after being rather hostile about this at first, I admit that I do like it. Good job!

Don't feed the beggers
Feb 01 2012, 08:01 PM
I like the quests, they are nothing I don't normally do anyway right now, but the reward is pretty good. I got 21M coins for harvesting my grapes and putting them in my winery....easy peasy. I wish we were able to do more than 1 a day but at least I can start a new one the next day even if the previous one isn't done. It helps having the waterer as well as that helps get the crops done faster which means a bigger reward.

Grami Mary
Feb 01 2012, 08:13 PM
I like the quests, they are nothing I don't normally do anyway right now, but the reward is pretty good. I got 21M coins for harvesting my grapes and putting them in my winery....easy peasy. I wish we were able to do more than 1 a day but at least I can start a new one the next day even if the previous one isn't done. It helps having the waterer as well as that helps get the crops done faster which means a bigger reward.

well i certainly have not gotten 21M nor have i gotten a quest hard enough to last more than a day:mad:

Taz D
Feb 01 2012, 08:22 PM
well i certainly have not gotten 21M nor have i gotten a quest hard enough to last more than a day:mad:
All it takes is one requiring a 3 day crop. I have had 3 of those. You then have to wait for the crops to be ready to harvest.

Grami Mary
Feb 01 2012, 08:53 PM
All it takes is one requiring a 3 day crop. I have had 3 of those. You then have to wait for the crops to be ready to harvest.

i had one requiring a 3 or 4 day crop i had ready to harvest a 6 hours later --- so what?? i always have crops growing on my farm anyway and instead of being rewarded with a more difficult task -- the next quest was even easier/ each day my quest grows simpler and cheaper tho i have finished each in a timely manner -- today's quest was done in an hour and worth only 1M that is why i came looking for answers but have gotten none that is why i am SOOO:mad:

ALSO ~~ a 3 'day' crop is only 60 hours, cut in half with the waterer is only 30 hours even if one started from scratch . . . i am leveled out so in theory i could have 5 quests going. . .RIGHT! i wish! i don't know why it makes me so mad -- just that i wonder why and it only gets worse and i get NO ANSWER !
sorry :confused:

Baba 947
Feb 01 2012, 09:17 PM
Glad I read this...forgot about the flowers...Also increase crops to 10...doing one that required 10 wheat

I'm using a 4 x 4 grid for 16 of each crop. makes it easier for planting and harvesting. I moved 5 of each tree, I might increase that. I've already got animals on this farm, but I'm going to move most of them off to other farms, so that this farm is always primed and ready with a reasonable number of animals.

I'm only planting 12 hour or longer crops, I can always water smaller length crops to get them within a day.

I'm leaving all my flowers where they are on another farm, I'll probably set aside a small number of each there and keep them primed. I like only worrying about flowers on one farm. I only bother with enough flowers to keep my flower facility at half speed. No sense going crazy with this game.

I have all the facilities and that is straying far enough from sanity...

Surprised to hear that people are getting quests without having the proper facilities. I thought the quests were "tailored" to each of us.. ???

HelenJS22
Feb 01 2012, 09:29 PM
My complaint about the quests are that they do not become unlocked fast enough. I've completed all the quests available and the next one will not open for another 3.6 hours. I am sure that it said upper levels could do as many as 5 quests at a time but thus far I've only seen 2 open at the same time.

wondering if there is a way the quests can unlock quicker? I mean what is the point in having them locked? If you complete one and move to the next and complete it then you have to wait for some time to do another one. otherwise the quests are ok so far.

It is right that upper levels can have up to 5 quests open at any one time, but each individual quest can only be unlocked once a day (20 hours). The idea of 5 at once is based on having other top ones unfinished after the 20 hours is up. Most quests I've had so far haven't taken the full 20 hours, although I had to replant a 3 day crop that I'd missed, so it is taking the time.

I know there are lots of people calling for a shorter opening time, but maybe those people have all day to play. There are just as many farmers who work full time jobs, or families who can only play in limited times, and for them a quest would take longer to do because they have to wait to get back to it until they have the time.

Although I work at home and can do quests as it suits me, I for one think that if they gave it open slather instead of a one day limit, it would cause just as many complaints on the other end of the scale.

We have animal sheds that are harvest ready at totally different rates, and we all work around that, so we should get used to it and use the quests as just a brilliant new PART of our farming game.

In my case, if I could open another quest any time I liked, such as immediately after I have finished one, I would never get any real world work done :eek: :o

HelenJS22
Feb 01 2012, 09:43 PM
i had one requiring a 3 or 4 day crop i had ready to harvest a 6 hours later --- so what?? i always have crops growing on my farm anyway and instead of being rewarded with a more difficult task -- the next quest was even easier/ each day my quest grows simpler and cheaper tho i have finished each in a timely manner -- today's quest was done in an hour and worth only 1M that is why i came looking for answers but have gotten none that is why i am SOOO:mad:

ALSO ~~ a 3 'day' crop is only 60 hours, cut in half with the waterer is only 30 hours even if one started from scratch . . . i am leveled out so in theory i could have 5 quests going. . .RIGHT! i wish! i don't know why it makes me so mad -- just that i wonder why and it only gets worse and i get NO ANSWER !

Grami Mary, An answer for you intended in a friendly manner. You're probably not getting an answer because nobody can really understand your anger, and it seems that you don't understand your own anger about it. Others agree with you, but there would be plenty who are equally happy to do their one quest a day as a new element of interest to the game.

The quests have become an ADDED extra to our game. We don't have to do them; can completely ignore them; and they don't in any way interfere with the way we have played Farm Town all the way through. I'm sure they are not designed to make anyone furious about them, and some that don't find them a challenge, or for some, too much of a challenge, they have elected not to play them.

The devs have probably tried their best to balance easy quests with not quite so easy ones. Heaven knows that if they made them all a 5 day challenge that had a great deal of steps, lots of people would come onto the forum complaining and very angry as you are, but they would be doing so because of the time consuming and complex quests.

Catch 22 for the devs??

Happy pants
Feb 01 2012, 09:51 PM

To add to Helen's reply, I think the quests are completely random at this point, and the fact that you have been tasked with increasingly simple ones is just coincidence. Mine have been everything from 2 steps up to 12..... please try to be patient while the devs work this process out, as far as possible, to everyone's satisfaction. :)

Grami Mary
Feb 01 2012, 10:13 PM
Grami Mary, An answer for you intended in a friendly manner. You're probably not getting an answer because nobody can really understand your anger, and it seems that you don't understand your own anger about it. Others agree with you, but there would be plenty who are equally happy to do their one quest a day as a new element of interest to the game.

The quests have become an ADDED extra to our game. We don't have to do them; can completely ignore them; and they don't in any way interfere with the way we have played Farm Town all the way through. I'm sure they are not designed to make anyone furious about them, and some that don't find them a challenge, or for some, too much of a challenge, they have elected not to play them.

The devs have probably tried their best to balance easy quests with not quite so easy ones. Heaven knows that if they made them all a 5 day challenge that had a great deal of steps, lots of people would come onto the forum complaining and very angry as you are, but they would be doing so because of the time consuming and complex quests.

Catch 22 for the devs??

you are right ~~~~ i don't understand my own anger as i am rarely upset about a game and love ft, which is the ONLY game i play, and today i tried to delete my game and i am too old to be hormonal. . . i don't think i was really upset until i came to the forum and found that other people were getting more difficult quests and more coins -- and i could care less about coins until the last size expansions which i have bought with my coins they were worthless to me, but the directions indicate that if we complete the quests successfully they will get harder and i know they are still a work in progress. . . i just wanted more and better answers
sorry for ranting so :(

Grami Mary
Feb 01 2012, 10:18 PM
To add to Helen's reply, I think the quests are completely random at this point, and the fact that you have been tasked with increasingly simple ones is just coincidence. Mine have been everything from 2 steps up to 12..... please try to be patient while the devs work this process out, as far as possible, to everyone's satisfaction. :)

tyvm -- the directions do not indicate that the quests are random but it is silly that i am so impatient about this . . . i have been farming since we had one farm and no facilities . . . there have been MANY bugs and changes along the way which never bothered me much so i guess i can wait for the quests to work out
:rolleyes:

Happy pants
Feb 01 2012, 10:19 PM
you are right ~~~~ i don't understand my own anger as i am rarely upset about a game and love ft, which is the ONLY game i play, and today i tried to delete my game and i am too old to be hormonal. . . i don't think i was really upset until i came to the forum and found that other people were getting more difficult quests and more coins -- and i could care less about coins until the last size expansions which i have bought with my coins they were worthless to me, but the directions indicate that if we complete the quests successfully they will get harder and i know they are still a work in progress. . . i just wanted more and better answers

Grami Mary, it's so graceful of you to come back and say that.... thanks.

HelenJS22
Feb 01 2012, 11:01 PM

Thanks Grami Mary - way to go!! Like Happy, I have had 8 quests now, some that had only two steps up to one that had 9. Today's has 7 steps and I have a timer set for just half an hour more before I can pounce and finish it :D :D :D

wotuno
Feb 02 2012, 12:56 AM
Why don't you put up quests that don't use tools such as semi trailer

Farmer Homer
Feb 02 2012, 01:02 AM
Love the quests, just wish they were released every 10 hours instead of 20. :o

HelenJS22
Feb 02 2012, 01:22 AM
Oh dear, I'd be in huge trouble - along with many others I think. At the moment I open one every morning and do it during the day. Can you imagine being able to open another one in the evening .... then staying up three quarters of the night because you want to finish that one too :eek: :o

auntyPix
Feb 02 2012, 04:01 AM
YES please, that would be just fabulous!! add another dimension to the game :)

Grami Mary
Feb 02 2012, 07:30 AM
yep i was right 20 min (well make that 30 by the time i wandered over to the flower shop, had a cup of coffee and posted my services. . . all done for the day's so called 'quest' with the huge net of 2.4M coins : ( SIGH. . . not worth the grief

Melana
Feb 02 2012, 11:29 AM
I just want to say that I'm enjoying the quests and I'm glad that I can do them solo without asking for help. I noticed some people seem upset about not being able to complete a certain quest because they don't have a FC facility and that gave me an idea.

It's my understanding the quicker you complete the quest the more coins you receive, so why not add a second element to the equation? For example, if a quest requires you to do 10 steps to complete it and maybe you can only do 5 of those steps because you don't have all the facilities--then maybe you could be rewarded 50% of the coins when the time is up. Gives people a reason to work on quests that know they can't complete. Just a thought.

christine21372
Feb 02 2012, 12:17 PM
I completed 2 quests which were simple, then the next one required me to produce chocolate syrup. At first I was excited to see so many steps, but I can't produce the syrup. DANG IT!!!! LMAO:eek:

Deborah1979
Feb 02 2012, 01:06 PM
I KNOW that you can't please all of the people all the time!!
BUT MY GOODNESS!!

I started my very first quest the first day they were released... Produce 4 Vanity Mirrors with 13 steps. Received very nice reward (over 11,000,000 coins) and had a 4.5 day limit. I have completed 8 quests so far, ranging from 2 Wall Bars (2 steps) to Teakettle (9 steps) and everything in between.

I am NOT leveled out, and am still trying to increase my first 12 farms to the max, so I appreciate every free coin..... even if it is a "piddling" 2,000,000. :D Free coins are never piddling to me!!!

I do wish/hope that the Devs might consider all of the suggestions that I have seen about special prizes, gifts, decorations or something special for the Quest Achievers! (But, I still want my coins ;)

Guess the moaners can start now, before that even happens, about it not being fair!!

And NO, I DO NOT own all of the facilities, so I am quite certain that in the next few days, I will get a quest I can't finish. I will then wait the 20 hours so I can start the next one.

Loving the Quests!! and Farm Town

Deborah

Grammy 11
Feb 02 2012, 01:28 PM
BUT MY GOODNESS!!

I started my very first quest the first day they were released... Produce 4 Vanity Mirrors with 13 steps. Received very nice reward (over 11,000,000 coins) and had a 4.5 day limit. I have completed 8 quests so far, ranging from 2 Wall Bars (2 steps) to Teakettle (9 steps) and everything in between.

I am NOT leveled out, and am still trying to increase my first 12 farms to the max, so I appreciate every free coin..... even if it is a "piddling" 2,000,000. :D Free coins are never piddling to me!!!

I do wish/hope that the Devs might consider all of the suggestions that I have seen about special prizes, gifts, decorations or something special for the Quest Achievers! (But, I still want my coins ;)

Guess the moaners can start now, before that even happens, about it not being fair!!

And NO, I DO NOT own all of the facilities, so I am quite certain that in the next few days, I will get a quest I can't finish. I will then wait the 20 hours so I can start the next one.

Deborah

SO well said!!!!!! :)

RFMad
Feb 02 2012, 03:19 PM
Am I mistaken that the update said depending on your level (and I'm at 310) that you could have up to 5 quests going at once? Why can I only have 1 now and have to wait another 1.6 hrs for the next one? The quests before I was able to have 2 going at once. So why is there a time limit before I can have another one going?
Also, I don't know if I'd like to "interact" with others on the quests unless it's just going to their farm and working the facilities. If I have to go and harvest or whatever, I won't have time to do that along with everything else - not to mention my "real" life :)
Thank for the most enjoyable game!

Taz D
Feb 02 2012, 03:37 PM
Am I mistaken that the update said depending on your level (and I'm at 310) that you could have up to 5 quests going at once? Why can I only have 1 now and have to wait another 1.6 hrs for the next one? The quests before I was able to have 2 going at once. So why is there a time limit before I can have another one going?
Also, I don't know if I'd like to "interact" with others on the quests unless it's just going to their farm and working the facilities. If I have to go and harvest or whatever, I won't have time to do that along with everything else - not to mention my "real" life :)
Thank for the most enjoyable game!
You can have 5 quests going at once, but you only get to start 1 per day (20 hours). That would mean to have 5 going at the same time there would need to be enough steps to keep a quest going for 5 days.
I think the interaction would be being able to buy crops needed, work others facilities to produce the needed item, along with being able to harvest for someone else or have them harvest for you. I can see asking my neighbors if they have a certain crop coming up that I could harvest for my quest though I think buying some would be a better route to go.

swd
Feb 02 2012, 04:38 PM
YES please, that would be just fabulous!! add another dimension to the game :)

I would like of exclusive gifts, interspersed with 1 FC once in a while. Also like the idea of starting a new quest after completing the last one.

gffarmer
Feb 02 2012, 05:04 PM
BUT MY GOODNESS!!

Deborah

I agree with you!! :)

californiagirl
Feb 02 2012, 05:09 PM
Do we HAVE to do the quests? I really don't want to be FORCED into quests like the other games i USE TO PLAY. I love Farm Town and would hate to loose it, but i really am not into another game with quests. Thanks.

kahra01
Feb 02 2012, 05:16 PM
Do we HAVE to do the quests? I really don't want to be FORCED into quests like the other games i USE TO PLAY. I love Farm Town and would hate to loose it, but i really am not into another game with quests. Thanks.

The quests are played by choice, not a requirement of the game :)

Taz D
Feb 02 2012, 05:22 PM
No you are not required to do the quests. I would suggest though that you try one to see if you like it. All of the steps are things you are already doing on your farms. And the rewards are a hefty sum of coins. There is no begging for items and all the work must be done by you on your own farms with no help from any of your neighbors. These are very different from those you see in Zynga games.

RFMad
Feb 02 2012, 05:35 PM
You can have 5 quests going at once, but you only get to start 1 per day (20 hours). That would mean to have 5 going at the same time there would need to be enough steps to keep a quest going for 5 days.
I think the interaction would be being able to buy crops needed, work others facilities to produce the needed item, along with being able to harvest for someone else or have them harvest for you. I can see asking my neighbors if they have a certain crop coming up that I could harvest for my quest though I think buying some would be a better route to go.
Thanks, but I wish I could start more than just one since some are very simple so far :) And then if you don't finish or aren't able to finish one, you can't start a new one until the other one is finished.
Just saying :)

HelenJS22
Feb 02 2012, 05:43 PM
yep i was right 20 min (well make that 30 by the time i wandered over to the flower shop, had a cup of coffee and posted my services. . . all done for the day's so called 'quest' with the huge net of 2.4M coins : ( SIGH. . . not worth the grief

Such a pity you feel that way. Just go back and do all the farm town things that you were doing and probably enjoying before we had quests to play with.

I have two sets of farms. On one this morning I have to make medicine cabinets, which means I have 9 steps. On the other one I have to make raspberry yoghurt with just two steps. The raspberries are busy growing, then to the yoghurt .... quest finished ..... then scamper back into the real world and get some of that other stuff done :(

Strange now how starting the day's quest is put before milking the cows, and fishing the short term coasts and lakes in hope of squeezing three times in for one day.

Bring on tomorrow's quests.

Indigo Rose
Feb 02 2012, 05:57 PM

I have lost count on just how many quests I have finished. My very first quest is due to expire soon, can't complete it, not got all the facilities required. It I imagine was one of the harder ones and would have been worth something.
However the others done have been from simple ones to somewhat harder, my best reward was about 12 mill coins. I have only finished one in a couple hours, all the rest have taken a few days.
I look forward to opening the box every day.

What I would like is that once you finish a quest you can open another with 5 open being the max.

Grami Mary
Feb 02 2012, 06:21 PM
Such a pity you feel that way. Just go back and do all the farm town things that you were doing and probably enjoying before we had quests to play with.

I have two sets of farms. On one this morning I have to make medicine cabinets, which means I have 9 steps. On the other one I have to make raspberry yoghurt with just two steps. The raspberries are busy growing, then to the yoghurt .... quest finished ..... then scamper back into the real world and get some of that other stuff done :(

Strange now how starting the day's quest is put before milking the cows, and fishing the short term coasts and lakes in hope of squeezing three times in for one day.

Bring on tomorrow's quests.

i know it is SO silly, and i am almost over it and should NOT come here and look at all the people complaining about things they can't do because. . . when i have nothing to do -- lol and i feel better now that i "ALMOST" believe it is random and not something wrong with 'my quests' tyvm for your time, help and concern :)

i guess we go to quests first because the quests are new and then also IF it wanted one of my harvests or milk from a cow - one would need to know that first -- right?? it will add another nice dimension to ft i think -- i hope : )

it is amazing to me how ft has grown and changed, and while i like most of the changes i do want it to still be about the farms and don't like to 'need' facilities on every farm, and the thing i have wanted longest and is still lacking is. . . .FRECKLES for my avatar -- at least i can change her clothes now!!

i am way toooo slow for 2 farms -- lol -- and i am mostly retired / if i tried to run 2 not only would i not have time for a rl -- probably none for sleep either! -- sometimes i help with my grandkid's farm tho/ they are only 7 years old and mostly spend money on their farm -- so if i need an extra farm fix i go plant a couple of crops for them ~~~~~
think i will go see if they have a quest : ) . . hmmmm later :p

HelenJS22
Feb 02 2012, 06:34 PM
i know it is SO silly, and i am almost over it and should NOT come here and look at all the people complaining about things they can't do because. . . when i have nothing to do -- lol and i feel better now that i "ALMOST" believe it is random and not something wrong with 'my quests' tyvm for your time, help and concern :)

i guess we go to quests first because the quests are new and then also IF it wanted one of my harvests or milk from a cow - one would need to know that first -- right?? it will add another nice dimension to ft i think -- i hope : )

it is amazing to me how ft has grown and changed, and while i like most of the changes i do want it to still be about the farms and don't like to 'need' facilities on every farm, and the thing i have wanted longest and is still lacking is. . . .FRECKLES for my avatar -- at least i can change her clothes now!!

i am way toooo slow for 2 farms -- lol -- and i am mostly retired / if i tried to run 2 not only would i not have time for a rl -- probably none for sleep either! -- sometimes i help with my grandkid's farm tho/ they are only 7 years old and mostly spend money on their farm -- so if i need an extra farm fix i go plant a couple of crops for them ~~~~~
think i will go see if they have a quest : ) . . hmmmm later :p

LOL - Now there's a thought. I can go check out my husband's farm and see if he has a quest that I can do :D :D :D I believe they really are totally random, just judging from the wide variety that I have done so far.

You'll get used to it again. I am also in the 60+ and grandmother brigade and semi retired ... and who needs sleep anyway :eek: and farmtown helps to keep my tired brain sparking and always on the alert.

I agree with you on the advancement of farm town. I also don't have all of the facilities ... but won't guarantee not to cave in and buy when confronted with a quest that I need a new one for :D ... and I've been playing since April 2009, so I have seen it through from the start and love it.

I was worried when they mentioned bringing in 'quests', but I love them. We have a great team of developers.

Happy farming to you.

holla
Feb 02 2012, 06:51 PM
dang,i just got a quest that has 14( fourteen) steps..last's 8 days,

had a scrollbar on it and everything.lol--outta be a doozie:eek:

HelenJS22
Feb 02 2012, 06:53 PM
dang,i just got a quest that has 14( fourteen) steps..last's 8 days,

had a scrollbar on it and everything.lol--outta be a doozie:eek:

WOW - what do you have to make?

holla
Feb 02 2012, 07:03 PM
WOW - what do you have to make?

actually it Looks like 3 quest's in 1, but its all 1 quest....

produce cola float---(produce vanilla, Produce cola,Produce whipped cream)
but on the same screen i also have to harvest vanilla, produce sugar, harvest cow milk, order carbonated water, produce cinamon bundle, caffine, Cream, Harvest sugarcane, cinammon log pile, and Harvest Coffee.:eek:

thats what makes me think when looking at it,it looks like 3 diffrent quest, but its in the same quest...that make sense..?.lol

Grami Mary
Feb 02 2012, 07:18 PM

but on the same screen i also have to harvest vanilla, produce sugar, harvest cow milk, order carbonated water, produce cinamon bundle, caffine, Cream, Harvest sugarcane, cinammon log pile, and Harvest Coffee.:eek:

thats what makes me think when looking at it,it looks like 3 diffrent quest, but its in the same quest...that make sense..?.lol

WOW -- that sounds more like a "QUEST" . . . wish i had one like that to keep me busy -- ;)

HelenJS22
Feb 02 2012, 07:28 PM

Yep it does. You have to make all the primary produce for the ingredients to eventually make the product. I had one with 11 steps yesterday. Thanks.

Taz D
Feb 02 2012, 08:16 PM
Yep it does. You have to make all the primary produce for the ingredients to eventually make the product. I had one with 11 steps yesterday. Thanks.
I have one today that is 12 steps. Have to make a Feed Cart. That means making Oak Lumber, Aluminum sheet, Rubber and black pigment with all the steps to create those first.

StoneFace
Feb 02 2012, 09:58 PM
I have one today that is 12 steps. Have to make a Feed Cart. That means making Oak Lumber, Aluminum sheet, Rubber and black pigment with all the steps to create those first.

Got the feed cart too..... fun Quests.

Soon as the rubber tree is ready I can finish and........ collect $$:cool:

Happy pants
Feb 02 2012, 10:49 PM
I've got to make a Coffee Waffle Cone.... 11 steps..... hope it's a nice payday.....

Miamine
Feb 03 2012, 12:18 AM
Grrrr... I want better quests... *stamps foot*... cod I can't get... stupid one, two steps... I want 11.. no wait.. 12.. no wait.. I want me quest to be 30 steps or more..

*drops on floor and throw's tantrum* :p

HelenJS22
Feb 03 2012, 12:33 AM
Grrrr... I want better quests... *stamps foot*... cod I can't get... stupid one, two steps... I want 11.. no wait.. 12.. no wait.. I want me quest to be 30 steps or more..

*drops on floor and throw's tantrum* :p

:D Cracks up laughing while watching tantrum.

I'm sure Raul will read your post and immediately set about making us some 30 step quests :rolleyes:

Oooooops I have to run. My timer just went off to tell me that my quest should be finished !!!!!!!

Farmer Homer
Feb 03 2012, 01:29 AM
What I would like is that once you finish a quest you can open another with 5 open being the max. YES! People could proceed at their own pace and open as many as they want up to 5 at a time.

blue nile
Feb 03 2012, 01:48 AM
My 6th quest (yes I'm making a list!) was the cola float 14 steps and i finished it in about a day due to my super efficient "quest farrm" lol. Can't remember exactly how many coins i got perhaps 30 million but not sure!! On my 9th now and they have all been much simpler but i don't mind as it gives me time to get into a routine. Think 20 hrs is about right for me anyway to start new one. Worked out the were 9 cash facilities i don't have and so far none of those have come up but i am sure i will be tempted!!! :)

rjohn726
Feb 03 2012, 06:01 AM
I like the quest's a lot now that I've done a few

hopemcclellan
Feb 03 2012, 10:03 AM
Glad you started the quests. Better than those games. What I wish is that you guys would put corn in the gifts! I cannot get enough of it. Thanks for rejuvenating my interest.

diannevt
Feb 03 2012, 12:19 PM
I am very pleased with the quests I have done so far. Farm 13 became my quest farm with a crop area, trees and flowers I might need plus a small seacoast and river section (can't afford Farmcash waters sitting around waiting for me to need them + it's only an 8 hour wait at most). Part of farm 13 did go to a bunch more flowers for my flower shop however they are seperate from my quest flower section. I was going to put animal buildings out there however I know I would accidentally collect from them when doing all the others so I decided not to.

I like the idea of exclusive items for finishing the quests, especially like the idea of getting FarmCash for them. The coin rewards so far have more than covered the cost of any coin facility I had to purchase to complete the quest and I don't plan on doing quests that involve FarmCash facilities that I don't already own (Please don't tell my hubby how much I've already spent on this addiction). Really don't care about getting ingredients as a reward unless it is a HUGE amount of something that is only received as gifts or from FarmCash facilities such as hot dog sausages.

Absolutely thrilled with this game and the way the developers are constantly listening to us and trying to make sure the game only gets more interesting. I'm sure the developers have heard over and over again how so many of us don't want it to turn into a "beg your friend" game like the other farm game that drove me away. THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU developers

diannevt
Feb 03 2012, 12:22 PM
Oooooops I have to run. My timer just went off to tell me that my quest should be finished !!!!!!!

Oh my gosh a timer is just what I need - I had delays in finishing my quests because I lost track of the time. Thanks Helen

gffarmer
Feb 03 2012, 12:33 PM
Oh my gosh a timer is just what I need - I had delays in finishing my quests because I lost track of the time. Thanks Helen

Helen had a great idea! I have had the same problem wasting time because I didn't get back in time.

barbara nixon
Feb 03 2012, 01:20 PM
i like the quests...no beggin and out of the 5 i've done so far i've made over 20,000,000 coin..so being always in need of coin i love them...and they don't require to impede on what u already have to plant..u just need a small space to keep ready for planting..oh..and a tree or 2 ready just in case...lol.

DebLeah
Feb 03 2012, 05:51 PM
My mom and I both play ft and neither of us have had the same quests. Been interesting. good way to get extra money. Thanks Devs.

Sugarlady
Feb 03 2012, 05:54 PM
I am level 303 and yet can only open one quest at a time. I understood that you could have at least 5 open at that level. Am I right or wrong...Please advise.
Thanks
Sugarlady

Grumpa
Feb 03 2012, 06:11 PM
I am level 303 and yet can only open one quest at a time. I understood that you could have at least 5 open at that level. Am I right or wrong...Please advise.
Thanks
Sugarlady

You can only open 1 every 20 hours.

You can have 5 open and working on them as long as they are not expired.

Sugarlady
Feb 03 2012, 06:31 PM
Thx Grumpa ..Happy farming!

HelenJS22
Feb 03 2012, 07:02 PM
Helen had a great idea! I have had the same problem wasting time because I didn't get back in time.

LOL or maybe Helen is just a tad addicted and even a little bit crazy :o

HelenJS22
Feb 03 2012, 07:04 PM
I am very pleased with the quests I have done so far. Farm 13 became my quest farm with a crop area, trees and flowers I might need plus a small seacoast and river section (can't afford Farmcash waters sitting around waiting for me to need them + it's only an 8 hour wait at most). Part of farm 13 did go to a bunch more flowers for my flower shop however they are seperate from my quest flower section. I was going to put animal buildings out there however I know I would accidentally collect from them when doing all the others so I decided not to.

I like the idea of exclusive items for finishing the quests, especially like the idea of getting FarmCash for them. The coin rewards so far have more than covered the cost of any coin facility I had to purchase to complete the quest and I don't plan on doing quests that involve FarmCash facilities that I don't already own (Please don't tell my hubby how much I've already spent on this addiction). Really don't care about getting ingredients as a reward unless it is a HUGE amount of something that is only received as gifts or from FarmCash facilities such as hot dog sausages.

Absolutely thrilled with this game and the way the developers are constantly listening to us and trying to make sure the game only gets more interesting. I'm sure the developers have heard over and over again how so many of us don't want it to turn into a "beg your friend" game like the other farm game that drove me away. THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU developers

Where is the 'Like' button when you need one. Well said.

Baba 947
Feb 03 2012, 07:05 PM
Can the time between new Quests be shortened?

For those of us in the higher ranks, its very easy to complete a request in a day or two. I can't get more than 3 going at a time. So the idea of being able to have 5 going concurrently really ISN'T WORKING. Give us a chance to have a new Quest every 10 hrs, otherwise having the ability to have up to 5 quests doesn't really mean much.

Anyone else having a problem reaching 5 Quests at once?

rabbit8
Feb 03 2012, 07:35 PM
I personally do not want quests, don't care for quests or I would play another game. My FT is FT and I work my little patch of it and that keeps me pretty busy what time I don't use for my real life. I just hope they don't ruin a perfect game. If it's not broken don't try to fix it! But I guess if certain people like them then they can do them. Don't like the little "other game" button either & don't use it.

topmop
Feb 03 2012, 07:56 PM
I think they are fun. I don't have every facility but I have been able to do most of the quests so far.

HelenJS22
Feb 03 2012, 08:07 PM
Can the time between new Quests be shortened?

For those of us in the higher ranks, its very easy to complete a request in a day or two. I can't get more than 3 going at a time. So the idea of being able to have 5 going concurrently really ISN'T WORKING. Give us a chance to have a new Quest every 10 hrs, otherwise having the ability to have up to 5 quests doesn't really mean much.

Anyone else having a problem reaching 5 Quests at once?

Never got past having two going at once :o This is not necessarily a bad thing from my point of view. I have to go work in the real world sometimes :(

Farmgirl_Su
Feb 04 2012, 02:23 AM
I love the quests but having 5 is a waste because I can only open one every 20hrs and most of mine take between 1hr and 4hrs to complete os Im hanging around waiting..the only time I'll get 5 open is if I take 4 days off.. the time needs to be lowered please to every 8hrs or so..

Shaldimar
Feb 04 2012, 07:10 AM
Well I am in my 5th quest and I have enjoyed them as well as the 50million coins I've gained but, it finally asked me to do something in a facility I don't have and don't want, so this is where I draw the line with the quests. No big deal because I enjoy Farm Town for what it is and the quests don't get in my way. No one has to play them I know, so for me it's back to business as usual. Those who enjoy them, have fun, and those who don't, ignore them. Easy to do. :-)

rushwoods
Feb 04 2012, 12:47 PM
Looks like I am not the only one who fond a use for Farm 13. I use it for the quests and will be adding some trees now that I read that hint. I have the farm sectioned and plant the same crops daily so I am ready when I get a new quest. Love the money but am looking forward to getting some coin as I lost my job and can't buy any more stuff without getting them some where inside the game. Loosing the job was tough: Farmtown has become my therapy. :-)

artisanrox
Feb 04 2012, 03:20 PM

I've given "financial support". And I've done it because long-term, those facilities and tools I buy help me in the long run. I'm thinking production line, and still think it's silly to purchase facilties just for ONE quest. Oh, to have that much expendable income, lol

Jean's Farm
Feb 04 2012, 04:27 PM
I personally do not want quests, don't care for quests or I would play another game. My FT is FT and I work my little patch of it and that keeps me pretty busy what time I don't use for my real life. I just hope they don't ruin a perfect game. If it's not broken don't try to fix it! But I guess if certain people like them then they can do them. Don't like the little "other game" button either & don't use it.

So far, to me it seems everything new the devs have added are "play if you want to....don't play if you don't want to." I've checked the new games and I don't like them at all....I see no value in them.

However, I do like making a couple million or 16 million or more for doing what I do normally. I'm hoping the quests are as much fun when we can interact with other players....as long as I don't have to beg for stuff. :D I'd rather they be playing with one or two other players who want to play as I do. Or who could do what I can't in the quest and vice versa. :)

RFMad
Feb 04 2012, 04:52 PM
Since the quests are our choice, I'm wondering if the Devs would consider unlocking the 5 quests? Then we could choose if we wanted to open another quest or not since some take longer than others. Please consider this. Thank you for adding a challenge to Farm Town. So far, I like the quests except for the locked part and only being able to open one per day.

HelenJS22
Feb 04 2012, 06:14 PM
WOO HOO !! I have a TWELVE step quest - produce perfume :) I have everything good to go, but it's lovely to see a big one.

gffarmer
Feb 04 2012, 06:58 PM
WOO HOO !! I have a TWELVE step quest - produce perfume :) I have everything good to go, but it's lovely to see a big one.

I had that one too! It is fun to get ones with more steps.

KnightRider
Feb 05 2012, 05:00 PM
I hope they change it so it gives quests appropriate to the persons level. I just started one that has 3 steps and will be completed in 4 hrs. I have to make Aluminum Ore, Quartz Rock, and Soda Crystals will be done in 1 hr. Then make an Aluminum Sheet and a Flat Glass Sheet both will be done in 2 hrs. Then final step is to make a Shower Frame, which will take 1 hr. So 4 hrs after the quest has started I can finish it and then I have to wait 16 hrs to start another quest. This is like the 5th or 6th quest that has had very few steps. I am over level 200, have almost all of the factories, I have used cash to purchase farms, upgrades, tools, and factories. They should have these easy quests for the lower level players and the upper level players should have no less than like 6 or 7 steps to their quest or change it so that another quest can be started as soon as the previous one has been completed.

Baba 947
Feb 05 2012, 08:29 PM
I love the quests but having 5 is a waste because I can only open one every 20hrs and most of mine take between 1hr and 4hrs to complete os Im hanging around waiting..the only time I'll get 5 open is if I take 4 days off.. the time needs to be lowered please to every 8hrs or so..

So, I'm not the only one who should be able to have 5 quests, but can only manage to have 2 or maybe 3 because of the 20 hrs limit. Come on developers, please revisit this limit. If you want to give us the ability to have up to 5 quests open, then allow us to attain that amount of open quests.

Happy pants
Feb 05 2012, 08:34 PM
So, I'm not the only one who should be able to have 5 quests, but can only manage to have 2 or maybe 3 because of the 20 hrs limit. Come on developers, please revisit this limit. If you want to give us the ability to have up to 5 quests open, then allow us to attain that amount of open quests.

I'm sorry, people, but I respectfully disagree. If the possibility existed to have 20 quests open at once, I would not eat, sleep, or go to work. Not to mention the enormous number of coins I would amass in no time flat.... :rolleyes:

KnightRider
Feb 05 2012, 09:53 PM

I completely and definitely agree with you Farmgirl_Su. I just finished my only quest that I have open (since when you have quests that take less than 20 hrs to complete, you get them finished before the next one opens) and it took a whole 4 hrs to complete it. Now I have to wait for 15.5 hrs before I can do another quest. It would be nice if as soon as I finished that quest I could go ahead and open another quest and start it and then put a time limit on that quest to open up the next one when either I finish the one I have open or 20 hrs. This in no way would affect the people that have like 3 quests open already cause they could code it so that if you have 2 or more quests open another quest would not open by just finishing a quest and if you only have 1 quest open and finish it and another 1 opens but you don't want to start it yet, then just don't open that quest and it will be available for when you want to start that quest. This way it helps the people that get the small quests and finish them before the 20 hrs is over and would not affect the lucky others that have 2 or 3 to work on.

Happy Pants mention if the possibility of 20 quests open, no one said raise the limit to 20, but the limit for my level is 5 and it would be nice to have quests to where I could have like 3 or so open at once. So I could be working on those steps while I wait the 20 hrs for the next one to open, instead of having no quests to work on for over 15 hrs like I do now.

In the above quote from Farmgirl_Su, she mentioned the only way to get 5 open is to take 4 days off. According to the quest page another quest will not have the timer start until the previous quest has been started so if you are off for 4 days only 1 quest would still be available, or am I wrong on thinking this?

jcassemjr
Feb 05 2012, 10:10 PM
I think shortening the time between the availability of quests could be a double edged sword, if they get more complicated. Right now, many players seem to be able to complete the quests because they have set up a plot system that allows them to have some of the lengthy crops ready at all times, so they don't have to wait 4 days for a crop. IF the quests get more complicated, and they take longer, we may have 5 active quests open if they were available every 12 hours, and not be able to open a new one for a couple of days while the 5 are active, thereby we would be missing out a new quest because they are coming to fast. Then we would have players that would complain from that angle as well.

Like many, I have dedicated 1 farm to small 4x4 layered plots, and have enough to keep all of the 1 Day or longer Crops growing, so I too always have most of the items ready to go, and can complete almost every quest (that doesn't involve items from one of the animal facilities) at the final step in 6 hours or less, so I rarely go to sleep with out my quest of the day done.

Personally, I see the quest as an add on, not the primary activity of the game. I have my own "quest" or objectives set up. I am working on all of the items that have Belts & Dan's available to be at the 6th Degree. Crops, Trees, Fish/Seafood are all done, all but the new flowers are done as well. My other item is to keep at least 50K of every crop in stock at all times. Before I changed to my 2x2 plots, I was keeping 5x5 plots of every crop with harvest times of 1 day or greater, which took up most of my farm plots, and depleted my inventory. So now I have to build it back up, after it was deleted because I was still using a large volume trying to get more items from the facilities advanced through the belts & dan's.

So, I think it all depends on how you want to play. If the quests have become a primary activity for the player, yes, they could come faster. On the other hand, you can set your own objectives or quests to fill you time playing the game, and then the quests are coming at a nice pace for a little diversion.

What I would hate is for the quests to become the center piece of the game, like they are on other FB games, which many players have stated they dislike.

HelenJS22
Feb 05 2012, 11:07 PM
I have to agree with Happy Pants (Post 249) regarding the people demanding that the developers make shorter time limits for the Quests.

It just amazes me how before they were introduced so many people were threatening to quit the game if quests were set into play and now just as many are begging for more. I guess our devs got the model right :rolleyes: :D

However, what they have brought in has been done as 'an added element as PART of the larger game' and not the 'be all and end all'. For goodness sake, I'm quite sure that everyone managed to keep themselves occupied in and out of farmtown before we had a daily quest to do, and could do so again in the time they spend whining about wanting more.

They can't please all of the people all of the time, so why don't we just happilly accept what we have been given and get on with it, without the constant whining. For some players nothing is ever good enough.

I personally LOVE the daily quests be they simple or complex. I get it done during the day, then get on with my day, and look forward to tomorrow's quest.

HelenJS22
Feb 05 2012, 11:11 PM
I think shortening the time between the availability of quests could be a double edged sword, if they get more complicated. Right now, many players seem to be able to complete the quests because they have set up a plot system that allows them to have some of the lengthy crops ready at all times, so they don't have to wait 4 days for a crop. IF the quests get more complicated, and they take longer, we may have 5 active quests open if they were available every 12 hours, and not be able to open a new one for a couple of days while the 5 are active, thereby we would be missing out a new quest because they are coming to fast. Then we would have players that would complain from that angle as well.

Like many, I have dedicated 1 farm to small 4x4 layered plots, and have enough to keep all of the 1 Day or longer Crops growing, so I too always have most of the items ready to go, and can complete almost every quest (that doesn't involve items from one of the animal facilities) at the final step in 6 hours or less, so I rarely go to sleep with out my quest of the day done.

Personally, I see the quest as an add on, not the primary activity of the game. I have my own "quest" or objectives set up. I am working on all of the items that have Belts & Dan's available to be at the 6th Degree. Crops, Trees, Fish/Seafood are all done, all but the new flowers are done as well. My other item is to keep at least 50K of every crop in stock at all times. Before I changed to my 2x2 plots, I was keeping 5x5 plots of every crop with harvest times of 1 day or greater, which took up most of my farm plots, and depleted my inventory. So now I have to build it back up, after it was deleted because I was still using a large volume trying to get more items from the facilities advanced through the belts & dan's.

So, I think it all depends on how you want to play. If the quests have become a primary activity for the player, yes, they could come faster. On the other hand, you can set your own objectives or quests to fill you time playing the game, and then the quests are coming at a nice pace for a little diversion.

What I would hate is for the quests to become the center piece of the game, like they are on other FB games, which many players have stated they dislike.

You're very right here. I think regarding shortening the time limit for quests, that the poor developers are '****ed if they do, and ****ed if they don't'.

I personally want them to 'DON'T' :D

Tatjana
Feb 05 2012, 11:29 PM

Quests can drive you at a pace you may not want to go at. I got fed up with Frontierville for that reason. I have never tried the quests on Farmtown, but I enjoy the game just fine without quests. I do my own thing,. Its the beauty of the game. I also hope quests do not become a center piece of farmtown. It would ruin the game.

Happy pants
Feb 05 2012, 11:37 PM
I have to agree with Happy Pants (Post 249) regarding the people demanding that the developers make shorter time limits for the Quests.

It just amazes me how before they were introduced so many people were threatening to quit the game if quests were set into play and now just as many are begging for more. I guess our devs got the model right :rolleyes: :D

However, what they have brought in has been done as 'an added element as PART of the larger game' and not the 'be all and end all'. For goodness sake, I'm quite sure that everyone managed to keep themselves occupied in and out of farmtown before we had a daily quest to do, and could do so again in the time they spend whining about wanting more.

They can't please all of the people all of the time, so why don't we just happilly accept what we have been given and get on with it, without the constant whining. For some players nothing is ever good enough.

I personally LOVE the daily quests be they simple or complex. I get it done during the day, then get on with my day, and look forward to tomorrow's quest.
Double ditto! :D :D :D

clogger
Feb 05 2012, 11:57 PM
I was very wary of what a quest was going to be, but am finding it fun. It is not time intensive; mostly waiting for crops to grow.
I have 3 guests going now -- making ginseng roots, making mushroom burgers, and making corn meal. I appreciate the coin bonuses to fully expand my farms. The possibility of a random FC prize is enticing too.

trina531
Feb 06 2012, 12:10 AM
I love the quests....and I will admit I was a bit worried when they were announced...I thought oh no here we go again....and we will have to beg other farmers to help us complete them...Thank you again for always listening to your farmers...this is why I love this game! I look forward to my daily quest...it is the first thing I do after I make a pot of coffee. Hugs! Looking forward to tomorrow and my next quest ..sure hope it has lots steps!!!....Oh and I can not wait for how you will continue to up the anti...so looking forward to a dollar or two!! Cheers Garden Goddess

rjohn726
Feb 06 2012, 04:46 AM
I like the daily quests, please keep it that way. I do prefer a balance to the game and do like what you have done there.

ibydeit
Feb 06 2012, 08:51 AM
My current quest asks me to make cured cod. I need to make salt (check) and catch cod. I do not own a big sea coast, so I have gone to several farms and fished them. I have fished them with just the rod and reel, and I have fished them with my boat thinking perhaps it was the way I was fishing that was wrong :( I have now caught many cod, yet the quest says that I have caught 0/1. Am I to get from this that the cod must be caught from my own farm? It does not say in the quest that things can't be harvested from other farms.

Grammy 11
Feb 06 2012, 10:15 AM
I was very wary of what a quest was going to be, but am finding it fun. It is not time intensive; mostly waiting for crops to grow.
I have 3 guests going now -- making ginseng roots, making mushroom burgers, and making corn meal. I appreciate the coin bonuses to fully expand my farms. The possibility of a random FC prize is enticing too.

Exactly! Has anyone noticed that although quests are random, they always seem to come up with a crop I haven't planted!!! NOT A COMPLAINT, just an observation. Waiting for Farm 13 to plant 4 squares of EVERYTHING. lol:D

Cryztal
Feb 06 2012, 10:32 AM
- Right now, Quest Steps need to be completed by working by yourself in your farm or facilities. That is to say, crops or products you get as a bonus working for others, as gifts or by trading at the market won't count, but they will in the future. For now, if you hire others to harvest it wont count either, this may change as well.

Do we know for sure that harvesting for others will count towards our quests in the future? I hope so, because it is about the only thing I would ask for right now to be changed.

rmtvbrooks
Feb 06 2012, 11:03 AM
I've done a quest every single day and have no problems. Every quest that has popped up has required a facility, but only one has required a farmcash facility (and I lucked out and already had it!). All the quests except that one have required facilities purchased with coins.

I appreciate that the developers put the quests in a place where you have to click on them to see them. I hate it when games put the quests right there in your face on the screen. I only play one game that does this and it's because theirs are more subtle and not as obnoxious as some. I love that Farmtown didn't do this; the quests are something you can do or not do. I wasn't big on the facilities before, but I'm kind of getting into doing more with the facilities now.

If you get a quest you can't do because of the type of facility it requires, just let that quest expire and do the next one. Depending on your level in the game, you can still start a new quest the next day while you wait for that one to expire.

whosyou?
Feb 06 2012, 11:13 AM
Do we know for sure that harvesting for others will count towards our quests in the future? I hope so, because it is about the only thing I would ask for right now to be changed.

that was a quote from the release notes per Raul.we will just have to wait and see.

MuffinLady
Feb 06 2012, 12:24 PM
Enjoying the quests. Love the way you have set them up. Love looking forward to the next one. Thank you.

chocoholics2
Feb 06 2012, 12:30 PM
I find them OK, a simple diversion from the normal drudge, however the 20 hour limit is a drag. I am on a level that should allow me 5 quests yet because of the 20 hour delay I rarely manage more than 2 concurrentlt.
So I would like to be able to start all my 5 at the same time. why not? no skin off anyone elses nose if I choose to do lots of quests at the same time?
cheers
David

Baba 947
Feb 06 2012, 02:00 PM
I'm sorry, people, but I respectfully disagree. If the possibility existed to have 20 quests open at once, I would not eat, sleep, or go to work. Not to mention the enormous number of coins I would amass in no time flat.... :rolleyes:

But the point is not how many, If we are allowed 5, than we should be able to do 5, not 2 or 3. I'm not asking for more concurrent quests, just the ability to attain what was promised.

whosyou?
Feb 06 2012, 03:05 PM
But the point is not how many, If we are allowed 5, than we should be able to do 5, not 2 or 3. I'm not asking for more concurrent quests, just the ability to attain what was promised.

You are able to have 5 open.No where was it promised that every quest would be difficult,nor take days,yet some do.If people choose to dedicate a farm to the pursuit of going through quest as fast as possible..are they not the ones to blame from taking any semblance of difficulty out of it?My current quest will take me 4 days,because that is how long it takes for my cherry trees to mature.I will be able to open 3 more quest in the mean time,and if I don't log on for 1 day,4.

HelenJS22
Feb 06 2012, 05:54 PM
Exactly! Has anyone noticed that although quests are random, they always seem to come up with a crop I haven't planted!!! NOT A COMPLAINT, just an observation. Waiting for Farm 13 to plant 4 squares of EVERYTHING. lol:D

Hee hee - it's the evil gremlins that watch to check what you've got planted. They have a hot line to the random quest line :D :D :D So far I've only fallen foul of them once :o

gffarmer
Feb 06 2012, 06:29 PM

Hee hee - it's the evil gremlins that watch to check what you've got planted. They have a hot line to the random quest line :D :D :D So far I've only fallen foul of them once :o

Helen is right! It is the evil gremlins! The same thing has always happened to me.:p:rolleyes::D

criminalist
Feb 07 2012, 07:19 AM
In the quest where blue ink was required to be made: blueberries were required to be harvested, HOWEVER, there was nothing written about soybeans. Soybeans are required to make ink. I am now more than 12 hours behind because I had to grow soybeans. :confused:

All components should be made known. Whether or not players know the components, is not relevent.

Furthermore, there should be a decline button so we can move on to the next quest when there is no way we can complete an accepted quest. (There is nothing written about the components of a quest prior to acceptance; there should be a declination button upon reading all components needed.)

:(

borcharl
Feb 07 2012, 10:58 AM
My last 2 or 3 Quests have consisted of 2 steps. Harvest something that I had ready to harvest and then process in a facility. Total time for Quest, 2 to 3 hours. Then wait for another 17 to 18 hours for next Quest. Getting rather boring. Would be nice not to wait an entire day to get the next Quest.

BamaNana
Feb 07 2012, 11:55 AM
I've done a couple of quests and I think I'm going to be in the group who just don't bother with them. Yesterday, a pop up announced that we MAY (sometimes) get $1 Farm Cash. Since I'm not in need of coins and there's only a chance of getting $1 Cash, I'll probably pass. It's almost as easy to level up one level...I do that most days, and don't have to keep up with each step of a quest. But glad it's available to those of you who enjoy them. :)

Baba 947
Feb 07 2012, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba 947

You are able to have 5 open.No where was it promised that every quest would be difficult,nor take days,yet some do.If people choose to dedicate a farm to the pursuit of going through quest as fast as possible..are they not the ones to blame from taking any semblance of difficulty out of it?My current quest will take me 4 days,because that is how long it takes for my cherry trees to mature.I will be able to open 3 more quest in the mean time,and if I don't log on for 1 day,4.

My point is that you cannot get to 5 concurrent quests! UNLESS you do each one slowly. Since we are rewarded for doing them quickly, why slow down? I enjoy the QUESTS and the developers are supposed to be rewarding those of us who are at the maximum by letting us do 5 at a time and unless the 20 hr limit is shorten, that doesn't happen in reality.

Quests are a great idea, it just needs a little fine tuning.

Hornyroo
Feb 07 2012, 05:28 PM
My last 2 or 3 Quests have consisted of 2 steps. Harvest something that I had ready to harvest and then process in a facility. Total time for Quest, 2 to 3 hours. Then wait for another 17 to 18 hours for next Quest. Getting rather boring. Would be nice not to wait an entire day to get the next Quest.

this is what has been happenig to me, no chance of ever having 5 quest going at this rate...

supertrucker
Feb 07 2012, 09:09 PM
what i wish is that you could see what the quest involves before you open it... the one i'm on is building lobster traps == i have all the ingredients IN STORAGE, even the flax, to make the rope with... if i had known ahead of time that i couldn't use stored flax straw, it has to be freshly harvested, i wouldn't have bothered with it right now, because all my farms are currently in crop for the next day or more, i'm not going to delete growing crops, and i don't have plans for expansion (just to plant some @#$%^&* flax for a quest)... that is all.

peeaanuut
Feb 08 2012, 12:50 AM
i have found myself really only working for quests now. Sure I am growing wheat and a few other things to stockpile, but really just concentrating on quests. Not even working my facilities besides getting milk and such. I do agree that I wish they would come faster. I havent run into the problem about needing a factory yet, but im sure that will happen soon enough. Overall, its a nice addition to the game since I have been sitting at top level and maxed out all farm sizes besides the mega purchases.