PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- July 1st, 2010

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

fragmentx
Jul 03 2010, 01:52 AM
is it possible to make purchase for grass a permanent purchase and that when i want to switch back. it wouldn't cost me 100 coins?

speedmonkey
Jul 03 2010, 01:57 AM
is it possible to make purchase for grass a permanent purchase and that when i want to switch back. it wouldn't cost me 100 coins?

I don't think that they are going to change the way that works. I think I remember reading a post that asked basically the same thing and the general answer was that because it was so few coins to make the change that they were not going to change it. Hope this helps!

Deb NZ
Jul 03 2010, 02:07 AM
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1474435774

Apology accepted. Now, your turn.

OMG you hired me to harvest trees once!

Derbyshire Dancer
Jul 03 2010, 02:11 AM
QUOTE:
Hello Farmers, our hosting company will be running maintenance starting Saturday about 1AM EST. We estimate this maintenance to take about 4 hours. Thank You. UNQUOTE

HELP ! We are expecting upgrades to the game and you go and do this to us ????
4 hrs sleep I've had and I'm back to see if I missed anything and this is what I am greeted with !

Its now 08.10 am GMT here in England on Saturday morning 3rd July.... what time should I expect disruptions or total shutdown please ? (whats the time difference !)

SueW170
Jul 03 2010, 02:15 AM
I cant even imagine the work it would take to make them appear like they were growing! Id rather see more new stuff....like saaaaand! lol

The flowers and crops appear to be growing gradually, so seemed logical that perhaps the trees also would (after being chopped down). It's okay as is, though.
Yes other soil types (sane, dry grasses, snow for winter) would be nice. Perhaps later on we'll have them. The developers are really so great, coming up with all these options -- like something for everyone :)

angeskye
Jul 03 2010, 02:18 AM
QUOTE:
Hello Farmers, our hosting company will be running maintenance starting Saturday about 1AM EST. We estimate this maintenance to take about 4 hours. Thank You. UNQUOTE

HELP ! We are expecting upgrades to the game and you go and do this to us ????
4 hrs sleep I've had and I'm back to see if I missed anything and this is what I am greeted with !

Its now 08.10 am GMT here in England on Saturday morning 3rd July.... what time should I expect disruptions or total shutdown please ? (whats the time difference !)

well the upgrade was for 1am EST, so it should be about half done (though i am still farming, so not sure if it has started at 1am as stated???).... as to the upgrade, who knows, it said tomorrow on the 1 July post, which to me would mean 2 July but since it is already 3 July .... :D Patience is a virtue right? :D

SueW170
Jul 03 2010, 02:19 AM
I was cutting down trees and Pine is selling automatically!

I wanted to stock pile them for the facilities that use them, noticed I was getting coins and checked my storage--cinnamon, oak and bamboo went to storage. Pine did not.

The "contact" is not at the bottom of the FT screen any more either!
Look all the way down at the bottom of the game screen and in small letters is a link which says "Report." A Popup will give you an option to Contact Farm Town.

speedmonkey
Jul 03 2010, 02:22 AM
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1474435774

Apology accepted. Now, your turn.

Anytime you need your trees and flowers done I would be more than willing to come help out!

I would also give my front seat in......just about anywhere to find out how you did that!

magzb
Jul 03 2010, 02:27 AM
I am still farming and its 8.24gmt here in england r we not being disturbed y the maintainance is being done not that im complainin but if any more updates r being done we may not see them also its the 3rd of july and my levels havnt moved is it this friday just gone or friday comin the new updates r comin??? loving farmtown more and more i moved to country life coz i was gettin bored of f/t but u dont have time to b bored now or move else where thnx alot devs keep up the great work ide would also love to see churches and cafes to buy

many thnx

Miss V
Jul 03 2010, 02:30 AM
The timing is going by EST... For me in Australia, the upgrades were due to start 2 1/2 hours ago. So won't be done for at LEAST another hour and a half...

Lissarwp
Jul 03 2010, 02:32 AM
Hey what about 4th of July Stuff like Mothers Day and Fathers Day?!?!?! I would like to deck my Farm out with 4th of July and all red white and blue.

Dbutrfli
Jul 03 2010, 02:38 AM
Oh my gosh I love that!!!

HelenJS22
Jul 03 2010, 02:44 AM
Hi, if you read the announcement -they did say that more levels + facilities + new paths will be released tomorrow :)

..... and isn't there a saying about 'tomorrow' never comes :p

Derbyshire Dancer
Jul 03 2010, 02:47 AM
lol ... I was just thinking exactly the same myself :( Tomorrow never comes .....

However, I would understand a big 4th July party ... :)

nitz22002
Jul 03 2010, 03:17 AM
I love farmtown keep up the good work

Eri
Jul 03 2010, 03:30 AM
As usual I love all the upgrades. If only you would get rid of the one DOWNGRADE...that annoying little bugger who reminds me to send gifts (usually when I"m right in the middle of something) I send gifts and have been doing so for 16 months since I started FT! GO AWAY !!!

HEAR **HEAR**!!! OMG, I HATE that little jerk! Come on, I'm nearly level 81 -- I *think* I'm very well acquainted with how to do gifts by now, jeepers. And I get fed up with being pestered every couple of minutes to work someone's farm when they're "away". I'd love to have an option to turn these things off!

LOVE the new stuff being added. Can't wait to see today's goodies. Great job!

Miss V
Jul 03 2010, 03:49 AM
EST is standard time...so no daylight saving time.
EST zone of US is now EDT(daylight saving time) and it is almost 5am...but EDT time is yet 3:45am...that means....4 hrs from 1am.....is 5am at EST. 1 more hour!

Ok, that makes no sense...

EST is not daylight savings time, so why are you going on daylight savings time?

speedmonkey
Jul 03 2010, 03:51 AM
Almost positive that the update is rolling out right now! 1:49 am Pacific time. Getting really slow and glitchy!

Never thought that I would say that I was happy about either of those things!

anotherfarmer
Jul 03 2010, 03:55 AM
just have to laugh this is like waiting for a baby to be born and to see people waiting and waiting too funny lol:D

ButchBowWow
Jul 03 2010, 03:57 AM
EST is standard time...so it is not daylight saving time.
New York is in the same time zone but now it is using EDT(daylight saving time) and it is almost 5am.

EST time is yet a litlte before 4am...that means....4 hrs from 1am.....is 5am at EST. 1 more hour to wait..right?

No, maintenance was set for 1 am EST and expected to last 4 hours. It is almost 4 am here which means it is almost 5 am EST.

HelenJS22
Jul 03 2010, 04:01 AM
Hey what about 4th of July Stuff like Mothers Day and Fathers Day?!?!?! I would like to deck my Farm out with 4th of July and all red white and blue.

Because then then would have to give us an 'Australia Day' theme in January, and the Canadian's a Canada Day one, and thanks giving in Canada is a different day to the US, as is Mother's day and Father's day for Aussies ..... and on and on and on it goes :( I think this needs to be kept an 'international' game so that the devs don't go completely nuts :)

JanMac57
Jul 03 2010, 04:03 AM
just have to laugh this is like waiting for a baby to be born and to see people waiting and waiting too funny lol:D

You're so right, and we are a pathetic bunch to be on here tapping our fingers and toes waiting for the latest re-birth. It is now 2am Pacific Daylight Time. Time's up, what is it, boy, girl, Sawmill????:rolleyes::p

Miss V
Jul 03 2010, 04:04 AM
I've got no idea on American times...

I asked when EST time was 3 hours ago... It's now 7pm for me

Was told it'd work out to be 5am EST now...

(nothing new yet though)

anotherfarmer
Jul 03 2010, 04:12 AM
You're so right, and we are a pathetic bunch to be on here tapping our fingers and toes waiting for the latest re-birth. It is now 2am Pacific Daylight Time. Time's up, what is it, boy, girl, Sawmill????:rolleyes::p

lmao....... too funny...... LOL

Miss V
Jul 03 2010, 04:13 AM
Right, well if there's still another 45 mins to go... I'm gonna feed my rugrats and put em to bed ;)

ButchBowWow
Jul 03 2010, 04:49 AM
Right, well if there's still another 45 mins to go... I'm gonna feed my rugrats and put em to bed ;)

Miss V, it is currently 5:49 am on the east coast of the US so we are 49 minutes past time that the maintenance was supposed to be finished by :)

SirDaywalker
Jul 03 2010, 05:04 AM
The production shouldn't be effected since crops have never stopped growing during a maintenance. Now if you have some short term crops planted and you lose them use the contact button at the bottom of the game and ask for a refund. I did that once and got a refund on my raspberries. They didn't put a warning that time or I wouldn't have planted raspberries.

Ok, so how about if yer in the Market trying to sell yer stuff
and suddenly the list hiccups badly between products selling
(hella worse than what we're already accustom to)
and you clicked to sell yer Blueberry Yogurt and instead...PooF!
:confused:

You watch helplessly as your 939 Broccoli's
go off into oblivion never to be seen again?!
:eek:....:eek:

There is no undo button.
There are no 'do-overs'.

Just a traumatized Farmer, without their broccoli.
:(

I'm still not over it, lol...and it was 5 hours ago.
:o

So will they gimme mah broccoli back with this magical Report button?
:cool:

No, maintenance was set for 1 am EST and expected to last 4 hours. It is almost 4 am here which means it is almost 5 am EST.

BowWowwwwwwwww
:D

Heehee ~ I won't ask ya to gimme the West Coast breakdown, seeing
as how we've both harvested Reefer and produced Doobies in the
4 hours we spent sneaking around Farm Town waiting for the
maintenance to stop and the Upgrades to roll out
in front of us like a biggo blinky marquee.

:)........:rolleyes:

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2009/344/c/f/Farm_Equipment_by_nooj_deathseeker.jpg

SunnyD
Jul 03 2010, 05:07 AM
it's actually 6:06 am EST .. I live in Georgia USA....... wondering if we will get some Georgia Red Clay for our farms LOL

chinds97
Jul 03 2010, 05:11 AM
So it's now 6:09 am on SATURDAY! What happened to the new levels and new facilites that were supposed to happen on FRIDAY???????????
Now I won't be able to do anything until sometime tomorrow.........we are having a HUGE party today and it's almost time for me to go and finish setting up the yard and getting stuff in the over to turn on later and all that.. uggh... this is just nuts!

ButchBowWow
Jul 03 2010, 05:19 AM
it's actually 6:06 am EST .. I live in Georgia USA....... wondering if we will get some Georgia Red Clay for our farms LOL

Right, I am right next door in Alabama, the times were correct at the time I posted em :) Every time I drive over the Al/Ga border my cell phone jumps an hour ahead.

ButchBowWow
Jul 03 2010, 05:21 AM
Ok, so how about if yer in the Market trying to sell yer stuff
and suddenly the list hiccups badly between products selling
(hella worse than what we're already accustom to)
and you clicked to sell yer Blueberry Yogurt and instead...PooF!
:confused:

You watch helplessly as your 939 Broccoli's
go off into oblivion never to be seen again?!
:eek:....:eek:

There is no undo button.
There are no 'do-overs'.

Just a traumatized Farmer, without their broccoli.

I'm still not over it, lol...and it was 5 hours ago.
:o

So will they gimme mah broccoli back with this magical Report button?

BowWowwwwwwwww

Heehee ~ I won't ask ya to gimme the West Coast breakdown, seeing
as how we've both harvested Reefer and produced Doobies in the
4 hours we spent sneaking around Farm Town waiting for the
maintenance to stop and the Upgrades to roll out
in front of us like a biggo blinky marquee.

:)........:rolleyes:

Ha! So very true but it is 3:19 am where you are :cool:

And since it is 5:19 am here I am gonna take my happy arse to the bed and hope to see some hella cool stuff when I awaken.

magzb
Jul 03 2010, 05:33 AM
well it is now 11.31am gmt making it 6.31am est still maintainance being done and no new stuff that was suppose to b happenin friday so im off to do sumatt will check bk later keep up the good work devs u do us proud all the time i dont mind payin for f/c either lovin it its well worth it xxx

bamagirl
Jul 03 2010, 05:47 AM
It is now 5:45am Saturday morning here in Alabama, I'm like the rest of you, it must be one big upgrade is it is taking this long for them to get the things added, way to go devs, will wait it out to see what all is released. thanks.

speedmonkey
Jul 03 2010, 06:01 AM
OK I have held out until 4:00am Pacific time, going to bed now! Maybe when I wake up they will be there!

dansd111
Jul 03 2010, 06:15 AM
Obviously the updates weren't released on Friday. I'm guessing there are some stressed out people that tried to make it happen and had every intention on making it happen, but they ran into some problems and had to delay. Chit happens... But, don't you think an update of some sort would have been nice?

SunnyD
Jul 03 2010, 06:20 AM
yup me too bed time still doing maintenance............ just a couple hours of sleep...........zzzzzzzz

Saylorgirl
Jul 03 2010, 06:22 AM
I feel bad for the devs who probably just want to get it done so they can go home and enjoy the 4th of July Holiday with their families!

bubba_bugz
Jul 03 2010, 06:33 AM
Well its 9.30 pm on Saturday night here in Australia and I've been in and out of my farms all day and just logged out from it. Seems to have been no updates or maintenance yet

angeskye
Jul 03 2010, 06:36 AM
Nope. nada.

However, I am sure the devs are busy trying to make stuff happen and Raul will pop in and give us all the goss at some stage, till then... well anticipation is half the fun right?

It's like a FT version of Christmas in July! Just awaiting on our gifts :D

Big Honking Toe
Jul 03 2010, 06:43 AM
Raul get ur butt out here and tell us the 411 -.-

dorissau
Jul 03 2010, 06:44 AM
Oh my, I got up at 6:30 to open my Christmas stocking, but it was empty. (boo hoo) I've been a good girl so where are my presents?

angeskye
Jul 03 2010, 06:47 AM
Oh my, I got up at 6:30 to open my Christmas stocking, but it was empty. (boo hoo) I've been a good girl so where are my presents?

Let's hope it isn't coal! LOL

kathy
Jul 03 2010, 07:13 AM
Thanks for all the great new updates! Any news on limits of harvesting in sheds? I have 101 cows in one of my dairy sheds now - but I'm not sure they're all getting harvested. We used to get that notice that you could have only 50. Can you tell us the current status of the dairy and wool sheds and the chicken coops? Thanks again for a great game!

CynthiaSue
Jul 03 2010, 07:15 AM
Do Cinamon trees take 2 days to harvest?

fanofvlad16
Jul 03 2010, 07:26 AM
Since the July 1st update of the game my seeder will only plant one square at a time. Is this a side effect of something being reset during the latest upgrade?

Inge Jones
Jul 03 2010, 07:37 AM
My seeder is behaving normally.

LoreneC
Jul 03 2010, 07:38 AM
Since the July 1st update of the game my seeder will only plant one square at a time. Is this a side effect of something being reset during the latest upgrade?

Check your settings. Sometimes an upgrade defaults in the original which had a space between the fields. Make sure remove space between fields is checked.

LoreneC
Jul 03 2010, 07:39 AM
I am not counting on more levels this weekend. Next week is fine.

Just in case...I only planted one day crops.:)

Dr. Dirt
Jul 03 2010, 07:49 AM
since there are so many folks here tonight my sister asks for your help naming her 4th farm.. are you game??..... her first farm is "Bethel Woods" that is the farm where Woodstock was held..... her 2nd farm is "Piece Of My Heart" Janis Joplin song.. 3rd farm "Bobby McGee's Farm" so what do you think she should name her 4th farm????

Southern Comfort (her favorite drink)

Chery1ann
Jul 03 2010, 08:08 AM
since there are so many folks here tonight my sister asks for your help naming her 4th farm.. are you game??..... her first farm is "Bethel Woods" that is the farm where Woodstock was held..... her 2nd farm is "Piece Of My Heart" Janis Joplin song.. 3rd farm "Bobby McGee's Farm" so what do you think she should name her 4th farm????

Haight-Ashbury, Port Arthur farm.

PattiB
Jul 03 2010, 08:11 AM
So I'm guessing since the Father's Day tab is still there, we never got the update? I tried reading thru this thread but it got *slightly* off topic and it lost my interest.

SueHacker
Jul 03 2010, 08:12 AM
Originally Posted by SleepyHallow

"Salinas" or "somewhere near Salinas" (where she let Bobby slip away...)

fanofvlad16
Jul 03 2010, 08:13 AM
I cannot plow more than one square at a time using either my small or big seeder. With an old computer like mine it makes the game move very slowly and is a bit tedious. Done farming until it's fixed. :(

Valntyn
Jul 03 2010, 08:16 AM
I cannot plow more than one square at a time using either my small or big seeder. With an old computer like mine it makes the game move very slowly and is a bit tedious. Done farming until it's fixed.
I had that the other day. Check to be sure the remove spaces between fields is checked. That was my problem guess it was a duh moment LOL

capricorn1
Jul 03 2010, 08:17 AM
Bug report :(

coins are not displayed properly when exceeding 100,000,000

eaglewtchr
Jul 03 2010, 08:20 AM
I feel bad for the devs who probably just want to get it done so they can go home and enjoy the 4th of July Holiday with their families!

That's probably what they did. They wanted to get their Holiday weekend started and won't release the updates until monday or tuesday. Too bad for us but, I can wait. We wait 2-4 weeks to see what's coming out next, we can wait a couple more day's for this one.

fanofvlad16
Jul 03 2010, 08:21 AM
So that would be a big whopping YES to my original question of was the seeding problem due to the update then. That's never happened before. How annoying. I hope that's the last time I need to fix that. Thanks to those who helped!!

PattiB
Jul 03 2010, 08:24 AM
That's probably what they did. They wanted to get their Holiday weekend started and won't release the updates until monday or tuesday. Too bad for us but, I can wait. We wait 2-4 weeks to see what's coming out next, we can wait a couple more day's for this one.

Not quite the point. They advertised it, yet didn't produce it. Would have been better had they not said a thing.

HelenJS22
Jul 03 2010, 08:29 AM
Hey I have an idea .... maybe we should all SETTLE ..... put on our little white jackets, take our hands of the keyboard and mouse, turn off the computers and walk out of the room .....

THIS IS A GAME ....... and we all have real lives to play too.

I'm off to bed in Australia ..... at 11.30pm. Maybe the upgrade will appear in the morning, but if it doesn't ...... IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER.

SunnyD
Jul 03 2010, 08:35 AM

sometimes when we have maintenance done or updates the preferences will revert back to the default.. check under the wrench up top on the right.... be sure that "Remove Spaces Between Fields" is checked....... good luck...SunnyD

SunnyD
Jul 03 2010, 08:37 AM
Southern Comfort (her favorite drink)

Hey was it really?? way cool ..... love that name thank you thank you...

bagoshen
Jul 03 2010, 08:38 AM
Hey I have an idea .... maybe we should all SETTLE ..... put on our little white jackets, take our hands of the keyboard and mouse, turn off the computers and walk out of the room .....

THIS IS A GAME ....... and we all have real lives to play too.

I'm off to bed in Australia ..... at 11.30pm. Maybe the upgrade will appear in the morning, but if it doesn't ...... IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER.
I agree people it is just a game. Let the Developers do there job and have the holiday to enjoy.

karliene2
Jul 03 2010, 08:39 AM
Sitting here wondering if people realise that the HOST is doing maintenance, and not the devs? 2 different entities altogether.

The devs/game owners just rent webspace from the host so that Farm Town has somewhere to live online, they have no control over the hosts maintenance schedule.

Shame the host decided to do maintenance just when we're all waiting and longing for the Farm Town updates though ;)

hartlekisha@yahoo.com
Jul 03 2010, 08:46 AM
Karliene thank u for the infor i never thought of it that way new to comp life i would never have thought about the HOST.True this is just a game but so many of us are eager that we are willing to place blame. Its to bad they put a day next to that post and even so they have never done that before ever .Porr slashkey can't win for losing

karliene2
Jul 03 2010, 08:49 AM
LOL, I'm the most impatient person in the world, and if I could I'd go and kick the hosts butts for all of us hehehehehehe

They neeeeeeed to finish their maitenance so the devs can get on with their job ;)

Texas Belle
Jul 03 2010, 08:54 AM
..... and isn't there a saying about 'tomorrow' never comes :p

Well it is more like something out of "Gone with the Wind". "I'll think about it tomorrow".
One of my farms name is TARA, and like Scarletts' it's home, even though things are done now, not tomorrow.
Waiting anxiously for new releases. Yes the sawmill has to come, what are we going to do with all that cut wood?

And the tea? Coffee/Tea House Restaurant.
Or maybe we are going Oriental and having the Tea House of the August Moon.

I am at level 90, how high can we go?

lab lover
Jul 03 2010, 08:58 AM
is it safe to harvest and plow while this maintinence work is being done ?

karliene2
Jul 03 2010, 09:00 AM

I haven't been having any problems, apart from it being deadly slow.

I think this is the reason we're having to wait for the updates to roll out, nobody can ever be 100% certain that what the host is doing ISN'T going to mess things up.

SunnyD
Jul 03 2010, 09:01 AM
§ouηthεrη Comƒoяt

it is anyone got any other cute letters i can use??

bagoshen
Jul 03 2010, 09:05 AM
I have been harvest and plowing most of the morning with no problems.

lab lover
Jul 03 2010, 09:12 AM
ok thanks for the replies

*Farmer Brad*
Jul 03 2010, 09:25 AM
I thought by Friday they meant yesterday...LOL so only another 6 days (:

*Farmer Brad*
Jul 03 2010, 09:33 AM
Love that link!

‡ĥÂמқŞ!
You're welcome. I have it bookmarked :)

Wayne's_Angel38
Jul 03 2010, 09:35 AM
Yeah I Am Also A Little Said Because the Updates Didn't Happen It is now 10:30Am EST Rockwell, NC USA so I don't know when they will come out but one thing i know for sure is they need to quit saying that they are going to add new things the next day & then don't carry through. I understand their Can be Glitches & When I Dealt With The Public when I Was Able to Work, If I didn't know for sure it would happen then I wouldn't bring it up That way you don't end Up with So Many People Wanting Answers & None OF the Moderators have even responded to anyone who has asked about this. That in its self is just Plain Rude. I Am getting Off here & do things around the house. Also Before Anyone Comments & Says I Am Mad I am not Mad Just Frustrated. So Don't Put Words In My Mouth That I didn't say. This is THE USA & I Have a Right To Voice My Opinion.

karliene2
Jul 03 2010, 09:36 AM
Yeah I Am Also A Little Said Because the Updates Didn't Happen It is now 10:30Am EST Rockwell, NC USA so I don't know when they will come out but one thing i know for sure is they need to quit saying that they are going to add new things the next day & then don't carry through. I understand their Can be Glitches & When I Dealt With The Public when I Was Able to Work, If I didn't know for sure it would happen then I wouldn't bring it up That way you don't end Up with So Many People Wanting Answers & None OF the Moderators have even responded to anyone who has asked about this. That in its self is just Plain Rude. I Am getting Off here & do things around the house. Also Before Anyone Comments & Says I Am Mad I am not Mad Just Frustrated. So Don't Put Words In My Mouth That I didn't say. This is THE USA & I Have a Right To Voice My Opinion.

Ok then :D

Barboo
Jul 03 2010, 09:40 AM
Well an update post would be nice. "Hey sorry we're running behind, we expect to roll things out late Saturday".... something of that nature.

Farmer_Susan
Jul 03 2010, 09:41 AM
Ok, so I read about the host maintenance tonight (Sat) - does that mean the upgrades for sure won't come out until after the maintenance or are they unrelated?

Farmer_Susan
Jul 03 2010, 09:42 AM
Well an update post would be nice. "Hey sorry we're running behind, we expect to roll things out late Saturday".... something of that nature.

Yeah - that's what I was thinking. I can't bite my fingernails much farther! LOL

Farmer_Susan
Jul 03 2010, 09:45 AM
Oh wait! The maintenance happened at 1am so it should already be over. YAY! Does that mean the upgrades MIGHT happen today???? Guess no one's sayin'. Ha-rumph!

Mom4ever
Jul 03 2010, 09:56 AM
The new levels didn't kick in, nor did the facilities. But I have my axe! Kinda fun!:)

Wilde Lily
Jul 03 2010, 09:57 AM

I agree. One doesn't like to feel toyed with.

justbjl
Jul 03 2010, 09:58 AM
Are there anyplans to increase farm sizes or to add another farm. I am running out of room to put all of the fantastic things I am getting. I really like the new additions1

SunnyD
Jul 03 2010, 09:59 AM
Sitting here wondering if people realise that the HOST is doing maintenance, and not the devs? 2 different entities altogether.

The devs/game owners just rent webspace from the host so that Farm Town has somewhere to live online, they have no control over the hosts maintenance schedule.

Shame the host decided to do maintenance just when we're all waiting and longing for the Farm Town updates though ;)

Well shoot I knew that..i'm a web designer duh me lol .. thanks for slowing our roll down lol i'm such a dope lol

Capriherb
Jul 03 2010, 09:59 AM
Good lord, lol!!! The REASON they NEVER tell us what is coming is because people then get on here and b*tch about it if it doesn't happen exactly as planned.
Give it a break guys! I'd much rather KNOW that more updates are coming and what they are than not.
Patience is a virtue!

Wilde Lily
Jul 03 2010, 10:00 AM
Are there anyplans to increase farm sizes or to add another farm. I am running out of room to put all of the fantastic things I am getting. I really like the new additions1

I desperately need Farm 5. I hae NO room to add anything.

platnm6309
Jul 03 2010, 10:01 AM
Tea, cinnamon, milk, coffee beans, sugar.....Starbucks is coming to Farm Town!! :D

I hope not, Starbucks is garbage and well overpriced. Dont want it, just like the fishing, which I hate.

kahra01
Ground covers the whole farm, I wish it was plowed field size instead. :eek:
I personally think the devs did a great job with making the ground covers cover the whole field.. that way things sit on the grass.. a heck of a lot easier than trying to place smaller tiles or plows right up next to something and getting gaps. I think the devs did a perfect job. We wanted grass.. we got grass.. people still whining. I envy their job for we are never satisfied are we! Keep up the great work guys/girls.. you rock! :D

PattiB
Shouldn't have affected us. The game updates were due on Friday, host maintenance on Saturday. Last I heard, they were 2 different days. So no, not "duh" you. You were perfectly smart to begin with ;) It's the rest of the people that couldn't figure out they were 2 different days that should be saying "duh" :p

platnm6309
Jul 03 2010, 10:02 AM
It would be really nice if the developers would fix my plus sign by me message envelope that has been there now for 6 stinking months.

Old Goat
Jul 03 2010, 10:05 AM
§ouηthεrη Comƒoяt

it is anyone got any other cute letters i can use??

psssssstt..... 1 'n' in Southern :)

kimj
Jul 03 2010, 10:12 AM
Ok...now I really need to make an entire farm an orchard of trees. But, I need that space for crops. <sob> Decisions decisions.

Oh, and thanks for the update! I'm particularly looking forward to new levels tomorrow!

You can have both in the same space.
Plant your trees where you want them and then go to the tool bar and unclick display trees. It may take a few time going back to your farm to work but try plowing a plot where you know a tree is and it should plow. This way you can plant and have trees.
I have this on my farm. It may seem aggrivating if it doesnt let you plow right off but you will be eventually. I really cant tell you what decides when it lets you do this. I have plots under my apple and orange trees.
I hope this helped.

Brian Sampson
Jul 03 2010, 10:15 AM
I was hoping for an update a couple of days before we got the last one. I said to myself at that point that I wish they would give us a one-day heads up on updates so I knew whether to rush home from work or not. But I knew the reason why they do not.

So I am not really upset that we did not get the update. My only gripe is the lack of acknowledgment. At least log in to the forums or send one of the forum mods out to pass along some info to us.

Joops
Jul 03 2010, 10:21 AM
The new levels didn't kick in, nor did the facilities. But I have my axe! Kinda fun!:)

The Facilities bit is working...when you click on your Factories you then click to Start Production right next to it is a + and a number .....it you click on that you can load up quicker

PattiB
Jul 03 2010, 10:24 AM
I was hoping for an update a couple of days before we got the last one. I said to myself at that point that I wish they would give us a one-day heads up on updates so I knew whether to rush home from work or not. But I knew the reason why they do not.

So I am not really upset that we did not get the update. My only gripe is the lack of acknowledgment. At least log in to the forums or send one of the forum mods out to pass along some info to us.

That's my only gripe, myself. They, like many other FB games, seem to have issues with actually keeping us up to date. Which is amusing, considering this game was created off the back of MyFarm, who used to do the EXACT same thing, and used to annoy it's users to the point that people left. Well, that, and they had horribly obnoxious mods.

ant carter
Jul 03 2010, 10:29 AM
Plant your trees where you want them and then go to the tool bar and unclick display trees. It may take a few time going back to your farm to work but try plowing a plot where you know a tree is and it should plow. This way you can plant and have trees.
I have this on my farm. It may seem aggrivating if it doesnt let you plow right off but you will be eventually. I really cant tell you what decides when it lets you do this. I have plots under my apple and orange trees.
I hope this helped.

you need to hide trees then refresh game before plowing

Eri
Jul 03 2010, 10:40 AM
...Which is amusing, considering this game was created off the back of MyFarm, who used to do the EXACT same thing, and used to annoy it's users to the point that people left. Well, that, and they had horribly obnoxious mods.

ROFLMBO! Darlin', I've been playing online games since the old 2400-baud modems ("what are THOSE?!?"). EVERY game I've ever played has had exactly the same issues.

The more things change, the more they stay the same... :)

The person who compared this "waiting for the update" to waiting for the birth of a baby was SO right! LOL

Alifarmer
Jul 03 2010, 10:42 AM
Didnt anybody notice that Raul just edited his message? it doesnt say to be on Friday any more

Barboo
Jul 03 2010, 10:43 AM
I think I'll take the kids to see Eclipse and see if things will be here when I get back ;)

gsdoby
Jul 03 2010, 10:49 AM
How do you get the axe I do not see it in with tools

Rob T
Jul 03 2010, 10:50 AM
How do you get the axe I do not see it in with tools

its in with the delete tool, fishing rod & watering can :) not the tools section in the shop :)

Dr. Dirt
Jul 03 2010, 10:51 AM
It's in the same spot as the fishing rod.

wilby4
Jul 03 2010, 10:56 AM
What happened to the new levels on Friday? I know for sure I would be moving up levels and mine didn't change. Can anyone reply please?

LoreneC
Jul 03 2010, 10:57 AM
Didnt anybody notice that Raul just edited his message? it doesnt say to be on Friday any more

It was edited on July 1st at 7:31 PM. There has only been one edit.

Barboo
Jul 03 2010, 11:04 AM
What happened to the new levels on Friday? I know for sure I would be moving up levels and mine didn't change. Can anyone reply please?

I would advise you back up and read some of the earlier posts so that this conversation doesn't keep starting over and over.

Alifarmer
Jul 03 2010, 11:06 AM
It was edited on July 1st at 7:31 PM. There has only been one edit.

But i remember it says on Friday and it is not there any more so some what it desappeared.

SunnyD
Jul 03 2010, 11:15 AM
I hope this helped.

you can do the same with buildings.. after you hide trees and buildings refresh by clicking play.. come back to your farm. move one item on your farm like a hay bale..... then start plowing... you will have to be sure anyone you hire to plow has buildings and trees hid before you hire them or they will not be able to plow the area where the trees were or the buildings .. just have them hide them then rehire them to plow....

Damalas
Jul 03 2010, 11:19 AM
Could you please make one of the ground covers 'white' for snow? One of my farms is a winter wonderland and I'd love snow for it :) I am sure others would also love it when the Holidays come around. Thanks for making this the best and most enjoyable app on facebook. I love that y'all keep coming up with new and interesting ideas.

SunnyD
Jul 03 2010, 11:19 AM

they could of planned the updates informed us. then were informed about the hosts doing maintenance. So they went ahead and took their weekend off till the maintenance was done.. or perhaps the maintenance has caused them to have to re figure their script changes for our updates. and they are just busy at work... hang in there don't fuss and demand a response gee people.....enjoy your weekend plant and chop trees to have a load of storage for the updates geeze.....

Eri
Jul 03 2010, 11:22 AM
Sadly, though, if they're like most businesses here in the US, they'll probably take Monday off as well. Great for them -- not so much for us. *g

"Are we there yet?"
"No."
"Are we there yet?"
"No."
"Are we there yet?"
"No."
"Are we there yet?"
"No."
"Are we there yet?!?!"
"NO!!!!"

anotherfarmer
Jul 03 2010, 11:28 AM
Sadly, though, if they're like most businesses here in the US, they'll probably take Monday off as well. Great for them -- not so much for us. *g

"Are we there yet?"
"No."
"Are we there yet?"
"No."
"Are we there yet?"
"No."
"Are we there yet?"
"No."
"Are we there yet?!?!"
"NO!!!!"

lol............. well ........ are we there yet ???

gtosga
Jul 03 2010, 11:38 AM
Raul's message on update never did say Friday it said tomorrow but apart from that we got some gr8 updates on Thursday so I am satisfied though a bit disappointed ... this is a holiday weekend so I am not expecting any new till Tuesday. I will continue to enjoy playing/working on my farm. Some peeps really need to learn to chill!

Mom4ever
Jul 03 2010, 11:43 AM
Quote from the first message in this thread, by Raul:
"Read below the recent updates to FarmTown. These are mainly functionality features, tomorrow we will be releasing new levels, facilities and paths.
Emphasis added

He edited his post, but it still says tomorrow, which was Friday. I'm sure something happened that threw them off schedule, but it would have been nice to have an update by now for all the level 90 folks who rushed to their computers to see what level they are NOW.

You won't even remember that this happened a year from now, so quit griping. Go take care of your crops and your animals. You can choose to be happy!

bagoshen
Jul 03 2010, 11:44 AM
Raul's message on update never did say Friday it said tomorrow but apart from that we got some gr8 updates on Thursday so I am satisfied though a bit disappointed ... this is a holiday weekend so I am not expecting any new till Tuesday. I will continue to enjoy playing/working on my farm. Some peeps really need to learn to chill!
Thank you. Been waiting for some one to say some thing. :)

Rob T
Jul 03 2010, 11:47 AM
i personally look at it this way, i now have the time to think about where new facilities are going to be put, and how i was going to fit in the trees for chopping :) so i've not worried too much about it, and just redesigned parts of my farm :)

good work Devs & Mods, you do alot for us and i appreciate it :)

Alanlee
Jul 03 2010, 11:48 AM
Hi just going to add my 2 cents worth. When I logged onto my farm yesterday, a pop-up came on that said new levels were comming Friday. I remember it because the word comming was spelled wrong, lol. Now I know the best laid plans of mice and men are fraught with peril, so I know the updates will come when they get here. Everyone take a chill pill and have fun this weekend. Those of us in the USA, God Bless Us All.

stacyhewlett
Jul 03 2010, 11:51 AM
Yeah, people relax.... They need to fix the problem that involves many of us not being able to load Farm Town before they add new levels or gifts of facilities. Our crops are going bad :)

Inge Jones
Jul 03 2010, 11:53 AM
The people not able to load farm town are probably those who connect to a server that is currently being maintained. I guess the maintenance started late, is all.

Nadine1
Jul 03 2010, 11:55 AM
But i remember it says on Friday and it is not there any more so some what it desappeared.

It never said on FRIDAY it always said Tomorrow!

stacyhewlett
Jul 03 2010, 11:57 AM
Haven't been able to load the game for over 24 hours, so I'm gonna say it had nothing to do w/ the maintenance fiasco and everything to do with the small update yesterday morning. It started after that last update.

ok2speak
Jul 03 2010, 11:58 AM
People really need to relax!! Remember the time when updates were far and few between? it was months when we would hear that things were "coming"! Remember the flowers that were "coming soon" for months? We have been getting updates almost on a weekly basis. Big updates! My hats off to the devs for really kicking up the game to a whole new level. I am seriously addicted and do spend my cash on facilities!
The updates will be released when ready. would rather have them work out the kinks before releasing anyway

SunnyD
Jul 03 2010, 12:01 PM
Haven't been able to load the game for over 24 hours, so I'm gonna say it had nothing to do w/ the maintenance fiasco and everything to do with the small update yesterday morning. It started after that last update.

go to the help and support section of the forum and see the thread for loading issues; and what steps to take to resolve your issues........

gtosga
Jul 03 2010, 12:01 PM
Thank you. Been waiting for some one to say some thing. :)

You're most welcome! I know we are all disappointed but life does go on and I just said what many were thinking.

bagoshen
Jul 03 2010, 12:04 PM
You're most welcome! I know we are all disappointed but life does go on and I just said what many were thinking.
I will build up my coins and be ready, so back to work I go. lol

Rob T
Jul 03 2010, 12:09 PM

I would try cleaning the Macromedia Flash cache files.... cdn.slashkey.com
use this link to do that http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

stacyhewlett
Jul 03 2010, 12:09 PM
go to the help and support section of the forum and see the thread for loading issues; and what steps to take to resolve your issues........

Have done that. Trust me, have done everything they said. There are lots of us, that have followed their directions and still can't get on farm town.

Farmer_Susan
Jul 03 2010, 12:18 PM

Yeah - I like the axe, too. I'm not sure why it's fun, but it is! LOL

Farmer_Susan
Jul 03 2010, 12:28 PM
Hmmmm . . .y'all think they're taking the weekend off? Maybe. But thinking of it from their perspective, the fact that something went wrong with the upgrade is a big deal to a company. They want the upgrade to roll out as much as we want it to. So yeah, I'm sure some Slashkey employees have the weekend off but my bet is that there are still a few chipmunks scurrying around back stage trying to fix this.

Maybe if we give them peanuts?????

crafty chris
Jul 03 2010, 12:40 PM
well as much as i love new things coming out i would love them to fix the small glitches they have now (still waiting to use my coffee thingy) so we can find new glitches for them :D

Rob T
Jul 03 2010, 12:42 PM
Quote from the first message in this thread, by Raul:
"Read below the recent updates to FarmTown. These are mainly functionality features, tomorrow we will be releasing new levels, facilities and paths.
Emphasis added

He edited his post, but it still says tomorrow, which was Friday. I'm sure something happened that threw them off schedule, but it would have been nice to have an update by now for all the level 90 folks who rushed to their computers to see what level they are NOW.

You won't even remember that this happened a year from now, so quit griping. Go take care of your crops and your animals. You can choose to be happy!

the 'Friday' in question is actually stated in the game itself not the forum, a dialog pops up telling you about the axe and facility updates, and that new levels etc will be out on 'Friday'

SunnyD
Jul 03 2010, 12:50 PM
we just have to wait for TonyD to go to work Monday and we will get updates.. Watch our Raul you did unleash and Axe on us . hmmm where is Jason and his chain saw he got from Mafia WArs???

saber21
Jul 03 2010, 12:51 PM
but still its almost sunday. if they just say what their problems are: we can rest in peace again:)

kathyg
Jul 03 2010, 12:58 PM
What happened to the new facilities, levels, and paths promised for "tomorrow" on July 1?

PRT
Jul 03 2010, 01:04 PM
Only the shadow knows...:)

JYD
Jul 03 2010, 01:05 PM
'tis all a bit exciting isn't it! ... like some lovely foreplay! - come along! Tell me which level will I be Raul! :D

SirDaywalker
Jul 03 2010, 01:08 PM
Hmmmm . . .y'all think they're taking the weekend off? Maybe. But thinking of it from their perspective, the fact that something went wrong with the upgrade is a big deal to a company. They want the upgrade to roll out as much as we want it to. So yeah, I'm sure some Slashkey employees have the weekend off but my bet is that there are still a few chipmunks scurrying around back stage trying to fix this.

Maybe if we give them peanuts?????

Excellent idea.

Think I'll throw in some Nachos too, just in case they're allergic.

;)

You know, this is the only Application I play (except for mah Super Poke Pet)
and I've gotten to know 'times like these' very well here at the Farm Town.

The thing is, it might take a couple few days or at the most a couple
weeks...but they always come through for us. Compare the
game to just 6 months ago, it is bigger and
better and they do it all for us!
:rolleyes:

I think FT rawks, and I would rather they take the time they need
to resolve stuff now than to just throw out another upgrade that
could possibly contribute to the list of issues currently at hand.

And frankly no Farm Town folks would even bother
showing up in here to share frustrations and display
disgruntled dispositions...if the game did not
mean something to them.

Sure, lol...there are the withdrawals, mood swings, and even a slight
facial twitch here n there when our Farm Town goes wonky.

There's a word for that condition.

I avoid the term 'Addict' ~ I prefer 'Fascinated'

Signed,

Level 90 ~ Hella 'Fascinated'

P.S. We could do with a few more Smiley's here in the Forums.
:)

Old Goat
Jul 03 2010, 01:10 PM
lol............. Well ........ Are we there yet ???

....... No! :d

SunnyD
Jul 03 2010, 01:15 PM
Have done that. Trust me, have done everything they said. There are lots of us, that have followed their directions and still can't get on farm town.

sorry Stacy have you tried this??

**Further to clearing browser cache and history to ‘clean’ the system, there will be a cdn. folder in your computer’s C drive which collects corrupt and ‘trash’ files from flash-based games such as Farm Town.
Clearing this can help with some issues, such as connection errors, loading issues, and sometimes problems with chat, hiring and invisibility on the game.**

This is to be used ONLY after all other suggestions have failed, and ONLY if you are confident about deleting files within the root drive of your computer.
You need to have administrator access to your PC in order to do this.

The name of the folder is cdn.slashkey.com, and it will typically be found in the Macromedia folder on C:\ drive.
This folder contains all of flash player’s cached files, and clearing it forces a ‘rebuild’ of the information so that the new connection to the game is completely clean (like a new start)

To search for it, go to start menu > search > files folder > and enter cdn.slashkey.com.
Make sure your Internet Browser is closed, and no other files are open, or you will get an error.

Select the folder and delete it.

Reboot your computer before reloading the browser and logging back into Farm Town. This recreates the folder with fresh contents and server information, and forces an update of your system in relation to the game.

speedmonkey
Jul 03 2010, 01:34 PM
sorry Stacy have you tried this??

**Further to clearing browser cache and history to ‘clean’ the system, there will be a cdn. folder in your computer’s C drive which collects corrupt and ‘trash’ files from flash-based games such as Farm Town.
Clearing this can help with some issues, such as connection errors, loading issues, and sometimes problems with chat, hiring and invisibility on the game.**

This is to be used ONLY after all other suggestions have failed, and ONLY if you are confident about deleting files within the root drive of your computer.
You need to have administrator access to your PC in order to do this.

The name of the folder is cdn.slashkey.com, and it will typically be found in the Macromedia folder on C:\ drive.
This folder contains all of flash player’s cached files, and clearing it forces a ‘rebuild’ of the information so that the new connection to the game is completely clean (like a new start)

To search for it, go to start menu > search > files folder > and enter cdn.slashkey.com.
Make sure your Internet Browser is closed, and no other files are open, or you will get an error.

Select the folder and delete it.

Reboot your computer before reloading the browser and logging back into Farm Town. This recreates the folder with fresh contents and server information, and forces an update of your system in relation to the game.

*NOTE* This only works if your have not upgraded your PC to Vista. This folder is non-existent on computers running Vista.

lashe11e
Jul 03 2010, 01:36 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!production of multiple batches at once on your facilities!!!!!!!!!!!!
YES!! THANK YOU!!

Farmer Rabbit
Jul 03 2010, 01:36 PM
Love seeing everybody hanging in! Woo hoo, the devs will get it all going. I am just grateful that we can still work our farms. I've been hacking away with that ax since we got it. I've planted crops of tea a couple of times on a couple of farms.

I want to make hot chocolate with cinnamon, have a cinnamon bun, make lemonade, build a nice rocking chair to look at the view :) Wonder what is on its way?

Wilde Lily
Jul 03 2010, 01:43 PM
'tis all a bit exciting isn't it! ... like some lovely foreplay! - ! :D

:D:D:D Oh yeah!
Of course, too much foreplay gets frustrating.... :rolleyes:

dottyF
Jul 03 2010, 01:44 PM
I wish they would tell us something. My fields are needing planted and I dont want to do that until the updates are done. If its not going to be this weekend Id like to know so I can take a break.

BigPoppaK
Jul 03 2010, 02:07 PM
DottyF,

Just plant your crops and if it comes out then you can do new things that are needed once your fields are ready again. I was waiting as well and finally gave in. My thoughts are that by popular demand there will probably be a coffee/tea facility as well as some use for the lumber. So I did plant coffee and blueberries and pineapple. If nothing else I can use the coffee for ice cream. You may want to plant some tea as it is new so it probably has a use coming as well. Anyways, plant something and then go enjoy the holiday weekend, checking back every now and then. I wish I could take my own advice. I have the forum bookmarked on my phone now, waiting and my neighbors are poised to email and call once they see the update.

Anywas as they always say, do as I say and not as I do. I am off to try and disconnect from Farm town for a little while. Maybe that will bring on the update.

Love the game

Jeremy

notacheesehead
Jul 03 2010, 02:39 PM
Entry screen says "Coming Friday."
It wasn't here yesterday, so I'm wondering: Are we waiting for the Friday after Thanksgiving a/k/a "Black Friday?"
BOOMER SOONER (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=xxxxxxxxxx&farm_ix=0)

I have tried & tried & tried etc etc ad naseum to get the farms linked - nothing works.
and YES I'VE READ THE !@#$ing INSTRUCTIONS.
what am I doing wrong?

JustHikk
Jul 03 2010, 02:46 PM

The post that said Friday wasn't Raul, it was a sticky post by Double T. The post from Raul has always said "tomorrow".

Double T Dude Ranch
Jul 03 2010, 02:47 PM
The post that said Friday wasn't Raul, it was a sticky post by Double T. The post from Raul has always said "tomorrow".

Nope, I made no sticky at all :)

JustHikk
Jul 03 2010, 02:52 PM
Now I am going to be hunting that post (whoever made it) until If ind it. Uggg.

Is it "tomorrow" yet? <-- can I make that part of my signature? Hmmmm....

JustHikk
Jul 03 2010, 02:53 PM
Any word on whether there is going to be a "hire to chop wood" option added to the menu? I am guessing so but not sure.

SueW170
Jul 03 2010, 02:58 PM
*NOTE* This only works if your have not upgraded your PC to Vista. This folder is non-existent on computers running Vista.
Does not exist on my MacBookPro running 10.6 (Snow Leopard) either. However, not a problem because when I "Reset" Safari I am also clearing all history, links, cookies as well as the cache depending on what Reset options I choose. ... When I first read about the .cdn folder, I did a full search of my hard drive and no such folder exists.

SueW170
Jul 03 2010, 03:00 PM
Any word on whether there is going to be a "hire to chop wood" option added to the menu? I am guessing so but not sure.
Many might like this option. Since I'm very selective in what trees I chop (so as not to spoil the effect of my layout while they're growing back), I doubt that I'd hire others to chop trees.
But, hey, it's a good suggestion for those who will want to use it.

Nadine1
Jul 03 2010, 03:00 PM
Entry screen says "Coming Friday."
It wasn't here yesterday, so I'm wondering: Are we waiting for the Friday after Thanksgiving a/k/a "Black Friday?"

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj145/tortureme/ft.jpg

Actually it says comming!

LOL

Gramma4x
Jul 03 2010, 03:05 PM
I do not see any new levels showing for the 7/2/10 release

Nadine1
Jul 03 2010, 03:11 PM
I do not see any new levels showing for the 7/2/10 release

None of us do Gramma4... It is because they have not implemented it yet.

karliene2
Jul 03 2010, 03:40 PM
Progress: the message about host maintenance has gone :D

George61136
Jul 03 2010, 03:41 PM
None of us do Gramma4... It is because they have not implemented it yet.

As slow as things are today, I'd bet they are a day behind! But the changes are always worth the inconvenience (aren't they?):o

proudnana2
Jul 03 2010, 03:45 PM
i have been unable to get to my farm yesterday or today. just keeps saying loading user. i can send gifts but not go to my farm. it isnt blocked i have checked.

The Big Daddy
Jul 03 2010, 03:54 PM
where is the other new stuff wood processor, paths?

speedmonkey
Jul 03 2010, 03:55 PM
I just noticed that when you set your storage to show non-ingredients that your tea shows up! Be careful of this. I assume that like me, most of us are stock piling this in anticipation of the new facilities so I thought I would let you guys know so that you don't accidentally sell it!

lighthouse02
Jul 03 2010, 03:58 PM
I just noticed that when you set your storage to show non-ingredients that your tea shows up! Be careful of this. I assume that like me, most of us are stock piling this in anticipation of the new facilities so I thought I would let you guys know so that you don't accidentally sell it!

Logs show up there as well. They did take out the fuel, though.

The Big Daddy
Jul 03 2010, 03:59 PM
what happened to the new stuff we were supposed to get yesterday?

Double T Dude Ranch
Jul 03 2010, 04:01 PM

It hasn't come out yet :)

JAS0643
Jul 03 2010, 04:07 PM

It has not been released yet. Also a little FYI whenever the developers says something will be added on this date you can bet it will not come out on that date. I have been playing this game for over a year now and I have never seen the developers stick to a release date. They even had a mod post once that the Halloween stuff would be coming out in the next 2 hours, it was 2 and a half days before the Halloween stuff came out. I'm sure they don't give release dates knowing they will not meet them but something always seems to happen to push the release back a little. For that reason I wish the developers wouldn't give a date and just say soon, or say nothing at all.

Toranut97
Jul 03 2010, 04:09 PM

Too bad we can't use the axe in the forum.....:D

Toranut97
Jul 03 2010, 04:12 PM
Good lord, lol!!! The REASON they NEVER tell us what is coming is because people then get on here and b*tch about it if it doesn't happen exactly as planned.
Give it a break guys! I'd much rather KNOW that more updates are coming and what they are than not.
Patience is a virtue!

Congratulations! You have earned a place in my Farmtown Forum Poster Hall of Fame!!! :D

lavanah
Jul 03 2010, 04:14 PM
Do the Dev's live in Europe of something. I noticed we received the new updates on Thursday night USA time and was told we were going to get new levels and factories on Friday. I was waiting for that to happen and it dawned on me that my Thursday night would be there Friday morning making the new updates next week July 9, am I right here? Is there a place to learn about how farmtown started and who are the creators?

notacheesehead
Jul 03 2010, 04:17 PM
...still trying...

Double T Dude Ranch
Do the Dev's live in Europe of something. I noticed we received the new updates on Thursday night USA time and was told we were going to get new levels and factories on Friday. I was waiting for that to happen and it dawned on me that my Thursday night would be there Friday morning making the new updates next week July 9, am I right here? Is there a place to learn about how farmtown started and who are the creators?

Nope the devs are here in the US, in Florida.

Bert is one of the creators. Some info if you go to wikipedia.

JustHikk
Relax people, RELAX. The new release is coming tomorrow :D

notacheesehead
Jul 03 2010, 04:20 PM
..maybe almost..

Grumpa
Jul 03 2010, 04:21 PM

The

Friday info is on a popup/:p

JustHikk
Jul 03 2010, 04:22 PM
The

Now I know where I saw it. I thought it was a forum post but I was wrong. Raul's post did/does say "tomorrow" though. "If tomorrow never comes...."

Double T Dude Ranch
Jul 03 2010, 04:22 PM
The

Thank you Grumpa :) I didn't think anywhere here on the forum it was said to be Friday.

Grumpa
Jul 03 2010, 04:24 PM
As slow as things are today, I'd bet they are a day behind! But the changes are always worth the inconvenience (aren't they?):o

What inconvenience? It is a bata game that were are playing. If they add more we will have to adapt to it. If not we will just have to play with it just the way it is.:eek:

But I would like more. :D

Grumpa
Jul 03 2010, 04:25 PM
where is the other new stuff wood processor, paths?

The Farm Town MONSTER ate them. :eek:

Grumpa
Jul 03 2010, 04:27 PM
Logs show up there as well. They did take out the fuel, though.

Shows that they are working on it.:) :D

Grumpa
Jul 03 2010, 04:30 PM
Relax people, RELAX. The new release is coming tomorrow :D

TOMORROW, TOMORROW, you can bet your last FC it will be some TOMORROW, SOME DAY.:o

SunnyD
Jul 03 2010, 04:34 PM
The updates will come out tomorrow , tomorrow, tomorrow, It's only a day away..........

lighthouse02
Jul 03 2010, 04:46 PM
Shows that they are working on it.:) :D

That's what I was thinking...

PattiB
Jul 03 2010, 04:48 PM
ROFLMBO! Darlin', I've been playing online games since the old 2400-baud modems ("what are THOSE?!?"). EVERY game I've ever played has had exactly the same issues.

The more things change, the more they stay the same... :)

The person who compared this "waiting for the update" to waiting for the birth of a baby was SO right! LOL

Really? Cause I remember the DOS beta games and the devs were REALLY eager for player interaction and they were very forthcoming. Maybe I'm a bit older than you tho lol

PattiB
Jul 03 2010, 04:49 PM
Thank you Grumpa :) I didn't think anywhere here on the forum it was said to be Friday.

Nope, it's ingame as a popup.

Lavenda
Jul 03 2010, 05:04 PM
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're always a day away....

Alanlee
Jul 03 2010, 05:06 PM
Now I am going to be hunting that post (whoever made it) until If ind it. Uggg.

Is it "tomorrow" yet? <-- can I make that part of my signature? Hmmmm....

hi when I log onto my farm, a pop-up comes on telling me that new levels, paths and facilities are coming on Friday and the word coming is spelled wrong.

diannevt
Jul 03 2010, 05:08 PM
The popup doesn't specify which Friday. So as long as it comes out on a Friday they are keeping their word. :)

diannevt
Jul 03 2010, 05:11 PM
And if it comes out on any other day of the week then it is early cause it will be due on the Friday after it comes out.

JustHikk
Jul 03 2010, 05:20 PM
Really? Cause I remember the DOS beta games and the devs were REALLY eager for player interaction and they were very forthcoming. Maybe I'm a bit older than you tho lol

DOS Beta games were a long time away when I started computing.
What I find odd about Beta games (especially this one) is the lack of formal beta procedures.

spoiler1041
Jul 03 2010, 05:25 PM
Ok, the furniture facility says the piano wire for the grand piano can be sent as gift but I don't see it listed there.. What gives?

Can't wait to see what the 4 songs it plays are.

JustHikk
Jul 03 2010, 05:26 PM
Ok, the furniture facility says the piano wire for the grand piano can be sent as gift but I don't see it listed there.. What gives?

Song 1: "If Tomorrow never comes"
Song 2: "My broken heart"
Song 3: "Addiction is an Affliction"
Sonf 4: "Tear in my Beer"

What furniture facility? Did I miss an update?

spoiler1041
Jul 03 2010, 05:27 PM
Never mind, I figured it out...............

Don't you hate it when dreams seem real?

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

speedmonkey
Jul 03 2010, 05:27 PM

What furniture facility???!!!

bagoshen
Jul 03 2010, 05:28 PM
Never mind, I figured it out...............

Don't you hate it when dreams seem real?

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)
You made me reload and look. LOL

spoiler1041
Jul 03 2010, 05:29 PM
Song 1: "If Tomorrow never comes"
Song 2: "My broken heart"
Song 3: "Addiction is an Affliction"
Sonf 4: "Tear in my Beer"

What furniture facility? Did I miss an update?

Nicely done............................and quick to.

Lot13
Jul 03 2010, 05:33 PM
Do some have a furniture facility and some don't? I sure don't! And how many new levels will there be on the mysterious Friday in question? This game is definitely getting better and better.

spoiler1041
Jul 03 2010, 05:36 PM
Do some have a furniture facility and some don't? I sure don't! And how many new levels will there be on the mysterious Friday in question? This game is definitely getting better and better.

Just trying to be funny to pass the time while we wait for TOMORROW.

1) If tomorrow never comes.

No furniture facility........YET

ButchBowWow
Jul 03 2010, 05:37 PM

<watching the mass exodus from the boards to the farms>

Nicely played :D

bagoshen
Jul 03 2010, 05:37 PM
There is no furniture facility, he was joking

Lavenda
Jul 03 2010, 05:38 PM
bwahahaha, too funny!

dlsluder
Jul 03 2010, 05:38 PM
When are the New Levels going to be implemented? I keep checking :)

crafty chris
Jul 03 2010, 06:03 PM
i know this is off topic but i hope the mods keep it in :)

i love the humour now creeping in and just had to laugh at some of the posts and does anyone get the feeling these 'nasty' devs are keeping us in suspense? ... oh and a saying comes to mind ... curiosity killed the cat (poor cat) lol

JustHikk
Jul 03 2010, 06:13 PM
When are the New Levels going to be implemented? I keep checking :)

Tomorrow :)

Molly Mew
Jul 03 2010, 06:13 PM
i know this is off topic but i hope the mods keep it in :)

i love the humour now creeping in and just had to laugh at some of the posts and does anyone get the feeling these 'nasty' devs are keeping us in suspense? ... oh and a saying comes to mind ... curiosity killed the cat (poor cat) lol

Chris, just about every post is off topic now lol. And mmm the devs do have a rather quirky sense of humour, so you may be right. :D

JustHikk
Jul 03 2010, 06:19 PM
Chris, just about every post is off topic now lol. And mmm the devs do have a rather quirky sense of humour, so you may be right. :D

Sorry Molly, your post is off-topic and should be removed :D

I think I should hide now...........

snowangelone
Jul 03 2010, 06:20 PM
the announcements said friday and i might not be the brightest crayon in the box but i do know today is saturday or did u cover your bases by just sayin friday that way u could techinally say u didnt say what friday just a thought

Barboo
Jul 03 2010, 06:20 PM
<watching the mass exodus from the boards to the farms>

nicely played :d

rotflmao :d:d:d

SunnyD
Jul 03 2010, 06:24 PM
can anyone that has the sushi restaurant tell me what fish products you need for it please..... none of my neighbors have it. and when you click on it in the store.. it doesn't say what fish it uses........just says rice and fish and other products.......

ButchBowWow
Jul 03 2010, 06:26 PM
can anyone that has the sushi restaurant tell me what fish products you need for it please..... none of my neighbors have it. and when you click on it in the store.. it doesn't say what fish it uses........just says rice and fish and other products.......

Carp, Eel, Crab, Mackerel, Salmon & Shrimp.

Farmer_Jane
Jul 03 2010, 06:27 PM
Are there new levels? I am still at the same level (90) and it is not showing that I can advance at all.

Terizz
Jul 03 2010, 06:28 PM
For the Sushi restraurant you need (Carp, Mackerl, Eel, Crab, Salmon (not sure where you get Salmon though I haven't found it anywhere), and shrimp (this comes from a fish farm that is a facility also).

snowangelone
Jul 03 2010, 06:29 PM
in the sushi you need rice mackerel salmon eel avocodo cucubers crab tuna shrimp you need to buy the farm fishing plant also

Djecurb
Jul 03 2010, 06:31 PM
For the Sushi restraurant you need (Carp, Mackerl, Eel, Crab, Salmon (not sure where you get Salmon though I haven't found it anywhere), and shrimp (this comes from a fish farm that is a facility also).

Salmon is only available by buying the Big Lake with Boat or Small Lake - both Farmcash.

Terizz
Jul 03 2010, 06:32 PM
Thanks Djecurb. I have the small lake, but not the large one with the boat. I have a large lake, but not the one with the boat. :)

PRT
Jul 03 2010, 06:32 PM
I heard it was coming the Twelfth of Never...if anyone remembers Johnny Mathis :)

Double T Dude Ranch
Jul 03 2010, 06:33 PM

The facilities chapter in the game guide tells you what you need :)

crafty chris
Jul 03 2010, 06:34 PM
the announcements said friday and i might not be the brightest crayon in the box but i do know today is saturday or did u cover your bases by just sayin friday that way u could techinally say u didnt say what friday just a thought

well its sunday here now .... i think them saying friday was just a little ploy to keep us on our toes as they never said what friday ... you watch when this all dies down and its forgotten about they will bring it out ... on a thurday lmao

Molly Mew
Jul 03 2010, 06:36 PM
Sorry Molly, your post is off-topic and should be removed :D

I think I should hide now...........

You are correct, Mr Hikk. I shall now remove all off topic posts from this thread.

Hmm.. why are there only 4 left? :D

I heard it was coming the Twelfth of Never...if anyone remembers Johnny Mathis :)

Awww I loved that song.
Hmm.. I think my Gran must have sung it to me.. hehehe.

crafty chris
Jul 03 2010, 06:40 PM

gosh PRT thats an oldie (giving your age away there) i remember the donny osmond version lol and yes molly its a great song i love both versoins :)

missharon
Jul 03 2010, 06:47 PM
Where is the Facility for the lumber for the trees. I looked all day for them and haven't seen them.............Thanks Sharon Goodsin

Hey there,

Read below the recent updates to FarmTown. These are mainly functionality features, tomorrow we will be releasing new levels, facilities and paths.

1. Axe tool to chop Pine, Oak, Bamboo and Cinnamon trees: Notice the Oak was previously a harvestable tree producing Accorns, this is not the case anymore. From now on, Oak trees are not harvestable, you can only chop them with the Axe to produce stuff later on in your facilities. Oak tree is now at level 44. New facilities comming to process the chopped logs.

The Mayor will re-plant all chopped trees overnight, to save you the burden of doing it yourself.

2. Start production of multiple batches at once on your facilities: There is a button '+ 10' right next to the 'Start production' button in all the facilities. That button will start the production of 10 (or sometimes, less) batches with one single click.

3. Product filters in storage and market windows: This will allow you to find faster the products you are looking for. Notice that the 'non-ingredients' filter will show you all the products that can not be used as ingredients in your facilities.

4. Ground options on the Paths/Ground section in the Store: You can now select different ground types for your fam, this is a per-farm setting. More ground types comming soon.

5. New Tea Crop.

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul

SunnyD
Jul 03 2010, 06:49 PM
in the sushi you need rice mackerel salmon eel avocodo cucubers crab tuna shrimp you need to buy the farm fishing plant also

AHHH there's a method behind their Madness huh??? help I need Farm Cash....... lol back to adding the app of the day lol lol.... thank you everyone for your answers...........

davlin88
Jul 03 2010, 06:58 PM
Hope there are no long lines like Starbucks

alemap
Jul 03 2010, 07:15 PM
hey for any of you long time players, remember the flowers were going to be here in 2 weeks?

stacyhewlett
Jul 03 2010, 07:19 PM
AHHH there's a method behind their Madness huh??? help I need Farm Cash....... lol back to adding the app of the day lol lol.... thank you everyone for your answers...........

You can still use the sushi restaurant w/o the fishing facility. I make sushi w/ rice, carp, makerel, eel, and crab. That's 4 that can be made w/o the other facility.

Double T Dude Ranch
Jul 03 2010, 07:21 PM
hey for any of you long time players, remember the flowers were going to be here in 2 weeks?

*shudder* Don't remind me!

JustHikk
Jul 03 2010, 07:22 PM
Relax people, RELAX. The updates will be out tomorrow :D

Rob T
Jul 03 2010, 07:27 PM
Relax people, RELAX. The updates will be out tomorrow :D

LOL, just a shame tomorrow never actually gets here :p

MaryLouW
Jul 03 2010, 07:33 PM
Question about the ground cover?:confused:

If you purchase let's say the "taller grass" and you apply it,,, now you decide to change your farm and want the " Plain land" and you then purchase that, does your "tall grass ground cover go to storage or do you totally lose it?

thank you for the new things!

You lose it - it does not go to storage. But, as cheap as it is, it shouldn't even be an issue. Each time you change your "grass", you lose what was already there.

Nanny's Nook
Jul 03 2010, 07:34 PM

OMG the long awaited flowers LOL. How could we ever forget? But it was sure fun waiting for them and waiting to see how long that two weeks could last!

crafty chris
Jul 03 2010, 07:35 PM
*shudder* Don't remind me!

tell me Double T im a noob here and need to know if i need to know if i have to brace myself for a loooooooong wait lmao

Double T Dude Ranch
Jul 03 2010, 07:37 PM
tell me Double T im a noob here and need to know if i need to know if i have to brace myself for a loooooooong wait lmao

Well if it is anything like the flowers...you will have to brace yourself.

We had a pop up saying "new flowers in 2 weeks"....try 2-3 months :D

Molly Mew
Jul 03 2010, 07:40 PM
LOL, just a shame tomorrow never actually gets here :p

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery.. and the rest. Heh.

OMG the long awaited flowers LOL. How could we ever forget? But it was sure fun waiting for them and waiting to see how long that two weeks could last!

It was about 3 months, LOL.

I'll never forget staying up till 5.30am waiting to see what the skeleton tree would do when it got to 100%. Bwahahaaa! Fun times. :D

crafty chris
Jul 03 2010, 07:42 PM

whaaaat? lmao well i can wait .. im sure i can .. i think i can .. oh well i can always go bug my neighbours while i wait :D or i can go make some money lol

@ molly i want a skeleton tree .. why didnt i get one? .. i DEMAND one now lmao i always seem to miss the really good stuff :(

lighthouse02
Jul 03 2010, 07:42 PM

Sounds like a good time to take a vacation... :D

JustHikk
Jul 03 2010, 07:44 PM
I'll never forget staying up till 5.30am waiting to see what the skeleton tree would do when it got to 100%. Bwahahaaa! Fun times. :D

Ugghhh, I remember that one also. That was more fun than the flowers though.

PRT
Jul 03 2010, 07:45 PM
gosh PRT thats an oldie (giving your age away there) i remember the donny osmond version lol and yes molly its a great song i love both versoins :)

Yes, Chris (and Molly) but I've aged drastically waiting for the levels. :D

Double T Dude Ranch
Jul 03 2010, 07:46 PM
I remember going to someone's farm and there was like 30 of us all waiting and refreshing to see what the skeleton tree would do lol.

Molly Mew
Jul 03 2010, 07:47 PM
whaaaat? lmao well i can wait .. im sure i can .. i think i can .. oh well i can always go bug my neighbours while i wait :D or i can go make some money lol

@ molly i want a skeleton tree .. why didnt i get one? .. i DEMAND one now lmao i always seem to miss the really good stuff :(

Hahaha! The skeleton tree was part of the Hallowe'en stuff last year. I'll see if I still have mine in storage and try to clone it for you. LMAO.

crafty chris
Jul 03 2010, 07:47 PM
I remember going to someone's farm and there was like 30 of us all waiting and refreshing to see what the skeleton tree would do lol.

i forgot to ask .... what did it do? lol

Double T Dude Ranch
Jul 03 2010, 07:48 PM
i forgot to ask .... what did it do? lol

Nothing :D We all thought the skeleton would move or dance. It did absolutely nothing.

Georgia Peach12
Jul 03 2010, 07:49 PM
the least they could do is take one moment to update us on the situation.
that is what bothers me about the whole thing,they know we are all waiting,yet they they dont let us know anything...

crafty chris
Jul 03 2010, 07:49 PM
Hahaha! The skeleton tree was part of the Hallowe'en stuff last year. I'll see if I still have mine in storage and try to clone it for you. LMAO.

better still molly .. take it out of storage and send me a link to your farm lol (i love being nosey)

davyboyo
Jul 03 2010, 07:50 PM
Give them time folks--The scenario;
DAY 1 Release a Sawmill Tool available for coin
Day 2 A Lawn Furniture Factory Available for FARMCASH
Days 3 thru 325 Moans and groans about factory loads of wood and furniture that disappear in the night.

lol

JustHikk
Jul 03 2010, 07:51 PM
Chris, she will do it tomorrow :D

crafty chris
Nothing :D We all thought the skeleton would move or dance. It did absolutely nothing.

lmfao now i think i may have just missed that as i started ft around halloween so couldnt get a lot of stuff :(

Molly Mew

Hehehe. Gads it was so funny. The tree seemed to 'grow' like the others, and we all waited until it got to 100% then refreshed our screens. All that happened was that the percentage disappeared and the label just said 'skeleton tree'.

Oh dear we're so sad. Hahahaha.

StoneFace
Jul 03 2010, 07:53 PM
In all these posts, I have not seen one FarmTowner say

"..... that does it..... tired of waiting..... gonna go play farmville...."

hahahahahah

that would be like saying "I am tired of waiting for the chef to prepare my steak and lobster.... I am going to the greasy spoon ...."

Double T Dude Ranch
Jul 03 2010, 07:53 PM
lmfao now i think i may have just missed that as i started ft around halloween so couldnt get a lot of stuff :(

Well you didn't miss a thing lmao ;)

crafty chris
Jul 03 2010, 07:55 PM
In all these posts, I have not seen one FarmTowner say

"..... that does it..... tired of waiting..... gonna go play farmville...."

thats coz we know which farm is better ;) ... i would rather come in here and chat than go there :O

Rob T
Jul 03 2010, 08:00 PM
FarmV***...... are we allowed to use such bad language in the forum????? :D

crafty chris
Jul 03 2010, 08:02 PM
Well you didn't miss a thing lmao ;)

i remember burning myself out over christmas for the flashing pine trees ... got to level 59 all set to hit level 60 next day and they changed the chrismas stuff that day ... boy did i cry didnt play for a week lmao

Molly Mew
Jul 03 2010, 08:03 PM
better still molly .. take it out of storage and send me a link to your farm lol (i love being nosey)

Chris, she will do it tomorrow :D

It's already tomorrow here lol. Here's the link to my first farm, which truthfully is a bit of a mess, but the others are slightly better. Heh.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1283125730

And unfortunately I must have sold the skeleton tree in a fit of pique at its non-productive capability. Huh. But here's a pic of us all waiting for the skeletons to come to life..

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=11074&pictureid=26782

Hehehe.

Capriherb
Jul 03 2010, 08:07 PM

It's obvious....... Mercedes Bends (not Benz)

Double T Dude Ranch
Jul 03 2010, 08:07 PM
Hmm I don't have my skeleton tree anymore either..must have sold it! Lol.